Author Topic: Black countries?  (Read 16442 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Re: Black countries?
« Reply #100 on: May 19, 2007, 03:06:28 PM »

You make serious allegations based on race jokes?  :-\ I guess every comedian and movie script is racist too..

And in my original post I was preaching against Slapper and his nonsense. The guy just keeps going on and on about the past but fails to explain how it relates to the present.

I tell you what Camel, if that was a joke then I apologize.  It didn't look like a joke, but I know things often get lost in the translation on the internet (and e-mail). 

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #101 on: May 19, 2007, 03:13:16 PM »
I tell you what Camel, if that was a joke then I apologize.  It didn't look like a joke, but I know things often get lost in the translation on the internet (and e-mail). 

And that's why I like you. You show your age in a lot of posts but in a good way(maturity). I would have had a meltdown.  ;)

Slapper kept mentioning nonsense.. I mean even Hedge, who's a level headed guy, was arguing against him.

I know I say a lot of borderline racist stuff, but I mean no harm. I lived in a black neighborhood for a long part of my life, so I think I can speak from subjective observations. I've begun to say the same for muslims because in my heart I think you can't be politically correct all the time as it'll get you nowhere.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #102 on: May 19, 2007, 03:21:27 PM »
And that's why I like you. You show your age in a lot of posts but in a good way(maturity). I would have had a meltdown.  ;)

Slapper kept mentioning nonsense.. I mean even Hedge, who's a level headed guy, was arguing against him.

I know I say a lot of borderline racist stuff, but I mean no harm. I lived in a black neighborhood for a long part of my life, so I think I can speak from subjective observations. I've begun to say the same for muslims because in my heart I think you can't be politically correct all the time as it'll get you nowhere.

Thanks.  You're a very bright guy, for someone so young.  And you know I respect you for going to school, working, and taking care of your family. 

Too many compliments flying around here today.  Where is 240 when I need him?  I need to insult somebody.   :D

I was just talking about the issue of race at lunch the other day.  I do believe some people are hypersensitive when it comes to race and there is too much PC in our society.  But I also believe we still have a lot of bigots in this country. 

Personally, I do not stereotype an entire race based on the actions of some members of that race.  I judge each person on their merit and not their skin color.       

Slapper

• Getbig V
  • Vincit qui se vincit
« Reply #103 on: May 20, 2007, 07:59:18 AM »
[...]Their fellow Africans sold them to the arabs and whitemen for salt and muskets. I do think there are residuals of slavery still left, but they can be overcome.[...]

And of course, the fact that it was Africans who snatched other Africans out of their huts takes all responsibility and remorse out of the white man's consciense. It makes it ok, more gulable to your run-o-the-mill John Doe I guess. 

Look, "residuals of slavery" can indeed be overcome, no one doubts that, but there has to be a sincere effort on everyone's part to want this to work. It is imposible to overcome social issues when you live in a getto, where life expectancy for a male is 45 years, your father is in jail for something he might've done, your mother brings home $200 per week, your stepfather beats the shit out of you and drugs are everywhere (as well as cops, waiting for you to steal a can of soda from a store so that they can start your rap sheet as soon as possible). If they try to get out of the 'hood and go into a white neighborhood we all know what happens next: Whiteys move out. So all in all, no, no easy way out. I mean, reality tells us otherwise. If we want this to work we must first acknowledge the fact that the USA, nowadays, is a multi-racial and multi-lingual reality. Once we do that we can move on to bigger and better things.

[...]It's called affirmative action and it's done at the expense of other minorities.[...]

At the expense of what?!  ::) :-X

[...]THEY are treated like people.  ::) I don't think less of ANYONE based on their economic situations. But I do think economic statistics can be used to pin-point social issues within a demographic.

So you're telling me that you can give me a social diagnosis of a particular area by just looking at economic statistics?  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Some people are so out of touch with reality...

Slapper

• Getbig V
  • Vincit qui se vincit
« Reply #104 on: May 20, 2007, 08:09:57 AM »
[...]Slapper kept mentioning nonsense.. I mean even Hedge, who's a level headed guy, was arguing against him.[...]

??? ??? ???

But what exactly have I said that is "nonsense"?

There we go again, acusing people without proof.

Cavalier22

• Getbig IV
  • Citizens! The Fatherland is in Danger
« Reply #105 on: May 20, 2007, 01:32:59 PM »
ireland was raped by england for centuries now look at it.  monster GDP per capita and standard of living rates
Valhalla awaits.

slaveboy1980

• Getbig V
  • Thought is the arrow of time; memory never fades.
« Reply #106 on: May 21, 2007, 04:07:33 AM »
napalm in the vagina.

egj13

• Getbig III
  • Got life by the balls
« Reply #107 on: May 21, 2007, 05:46:35 AM »
I guess these "black people" you're referring to do not include the senior VP of Ford Motor Company, the CEO of American Express, the owner of the Charlotte Bobcats, the CEO of Merrill Lynch, the CEO of Time Warner, Inc., the president of McDonald's USA, or the VP of General Motors, etc.? 

Tell me how many black men age 15-30 could tell you one of their names. It is great that they are doing well, but the young black male doesn't look to them for an example. They look to the NFL, NBA, and music industries and lets face it there aren't many good examples there. Answer me this, how come you don't see more young black kids wearing Tiki Barber jerseys? He is one ot the best role models in the NFL.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #108 on: May 21, 2007, 08:39:51 AM »
Tell me how many black men age 15-30 could tell you one of their names. It is great that they are doing well, but the young black male doesn't look to them for an example. They look to the NFL, NBA, and music industries and lets face it there aren't many good examples there. Answer me this, how come you don't see more young black kids wearing Tiki Barber jerseys? He is one ot the best role models in the NFL.

I'm sure there are plenty.  So all "young black males" look to the NFL, NBA, and music industries for their role models?  Dude you obviously don't hang around a cross section of "young black males."  Have you ever been to Morehouse or Howard?  Who are the role models of those "young black males"? 

And who is the hip hop music industry's biggest consumer?  Didn't someone post a stat on here the other day saying it was white males?   

egj13

• Getbig III
  • Got life by the balls
« Reply #109 on: May 21, 2007, 02:09:51 PM »
I'm sure there are plenty.  So all "young black males" look to the NFL, NBA, and music industries for their role models?  Dude you obviously don't hang around a cross section of "young black males."  Have you ever been to Morehouse or Howard?  Who are the role models of those "young black males"? 

And who is the hip hop music industry's biggest consumer?  Didn't someone post a stat on here the other day saying it was white males?   

What percentage of the young black male population goes to Morehouse or Howard? And sure more whites buy rap but then again there are how many hundred million more whites in the US? Sorry man but the majority of young black males don't care who the CEO of ford is.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #110 on: May 21, 2007, 02:24:10 PM »
What percentage of the young black male population goes to Morehouse or Howard? And sure more whites buy rap but then again there are how many hundred million more whites in the US? Sorry man but the majority of young black males don't care who the CEO of ford is.

How do you know?  You made a sweeping statement about all young black males.  Now you're making a sweeping statement about "the majority of young black males."  Typical stereotype. 

egj13

• Getbig III
  • Got life by the balls
« Reply #111 on: May 21, 2007, 02:29:53 PM »
How do you know?  You made a sweeping statement about all young black males.  Now you're making a sweeping statement about "the majority of young black males."  Typical stereotype. 

You are kidding right? Come on man, this has nothing to do with stereotypes. You are out of touch if you think otherwise.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #112 on: May 21, 2007, 02:35:36 PM »
You are kidding right? Come on man, this has nothing to do with stereotypes. You are out of touch if you think otherwise.

On what basis are you able to make a statement about all black males or about a majority of young black males? 

egj13

• Getbig III
  • Got life by the balls
« Reply #113 on: May 21, 2007, 04:21:43 PM »
On what basis are you able to make a statement about all black males or about a majority of young black males? 

First of all I never said all, second of all, when I see several hundred young black men on a military installation in civilian clothes and the majority of them dress in jerseys, or are dressed like the music icons in the rap videos, I can only assume that they aren't flipping through fortune 500 for fashion advice. You are slowly turning this into a race thing and it didn't start that way. If you don't think that the majority of young black men idolize athletes and musicians more than CEOs then my friend you are out of touch. I'm not blaming the young black man for anything, but I would like to know why more of them don't follow guys like Tiki Barber types rather than Randy Moss types.

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #114 on: May 21, 2007, 04:25:39 PM »
First of all I never said all, second of all, when I see several hundred young black men on a military installation in civilian clothes and the majority of them dress in jerseys, or are dressed like the music icons in the rap videos, I can only assume that they aren't flipping through fortune 500 for fashion advice. You are slowly turning this into a race thing and it didn't start that way. If you don't think that the majority of young black men idolize athletes and musicians more than CEOs then my friend you are out of touch. I'm not blaming the young black man for anything, but I would like to know why more of them don't follow guys like Tiki Barber types rather than Randy Moss types.

This is what I was trying to argue with Slapper about. There's a positive correlation between this hip-hop culture and certain economic and social statistics. If there weren't any, then why would someone like Bill Cosby speak out the way he did? And why are there certain black people, such as Jason White who's a sports writer, very critical of clowns like Al Sharpton?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #115 on: May 21, 2007, 04:45:54 PM »

I'm just responding to your comments, like this one:  "but the young black male doesn't look to them for an example."  That was an unqualified statement.  If you're now narrowing that statement to the "majority" of young black males based on lower enlisted men in the Air Force, I'd say you are a little out of touch on the issue of race.  How many of those young black men are college graduates?  How many black male college graduates do you know?

I can't tell you how to think, but I never judge an entire race, or the "majority" of a race, based on a few (or "several hundred" likely uneducated folks). 

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #116 on: May 21, 2007, 05:44:58 PM »
I'm just responding to your comments, like this one:  "but the young black male doesn't look to them for an example."  That was an unqualified statement.  If you're now narrowing that statement to the "majority" of young black males based on lower enlisted men in the Air Force, I'd say you are a little out of touch on the issue of race.  How many of those young black men are college graduates?  How many black male college graduates do you know?

I can't tell you how to think, but I never judge an entire race, or the "majority" of a race, based on a few (or "several hundred" likely uneducated folks). 
Perhaps this is the problem: one of communication. Maybe BB, instead of pouncing on people for perceived wrongs, you could say what you think, take a position, and we'll take pause and comment. Quid pro quo

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #117 on: May 21, 2007, 05:52:30 PM »
Perhaps this is the problem: one of communication. Maybe BB, instead of pouncing on people for perceived wrongs, you could say what you think, take a position, and we'll take pause and comment. Quid pro quo

Who is "we"?  And where exactly did I pounce on someone for "perceived wrongs"?  I'd be happy to discuss.   :) 

I've already said what I think, in this thread: 

"Personally, I do not stereotype an entire race based on the actions of some members of that race.  I judge each person on their merit and not their skin color."       

"I can't tell you how to think, but I never judge an entire race, or the "majority" of a race, based on a few (or "several hundred" likely uneducated folks)."