Author Topic: michael vick ... dog fighting  (Read 16061 times)

jmt1

• Getbig IV
michael vick ... dog fighting
« on: May 12, 2007, 12:07:52 PM »
i put this up on the pet board also.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2866012

ATLANTA -- Two friends of Atlanta Falcons quarterback Michael Vick are convinced he has been involved in illegal dog fighting at a home he owns in Virginia, they told SI.com on Thursday, despite Vick's denials.

"He knows what's going on in that house in Virginia," one unnamed source told SI.com. "There's not a doubt in my mind he's involved with it."

A second source, quoted by SI.com, said Vick has a longtime "affinity" for the culture surrounding dog fighting.

On Wednesday, Falcons head coach Bobby Petrino said he hopes his star quarterback will soon be cleared of any connection to the dozens of dogs found last month at the home Vick owns in Smithfield, Va. Police were conducting a drug raid on the house at the time the dogs were discovered.

"I need to believe in Michael," said Petrino, the Falcons' coach since January. "Since I've been here, a couple of situations have come up and we've talked about them. His track record with me is that he's told me the truth. I'm going to believe what Michael tells me."

In interviews given during the NFL draft, Vick blamed wayward relatives for taking advantage of his generosity and insisted that he's rarely at the Virginia house -- even though he owns it.

Falcons owner Arthur Blank, contacted by SI.com by phone on Wednesday, also denied insinuations that he has been soft on his $130 million quarterback.

"There's no coddling going on here,'' Blank said to SI.com. "Whatever is 180 degrees from that, that's the reality. The [financial] investment we've made in him has nothing to do with the way we treat him. When Michael has done something wrong that has been documented, we've had very direct conversations with him. We don't have all the facts of the [dog fighting] investigation, but obviously the story's not developing well. Which is one of the reasons why I asked [commissioner Roger Goodell] to speak to Michael about the situation and to be as stern as he felt he needed to be.''

Vick told ESPN during the draft that he had met face-to-face with Goodell in late April. In the interview, Vick pledged he would make changes in his life.

"I'm taking it upon myself and giving everybody my word that things are going to get changed around," Vick said in the interview. "Things are going to get turned around. I have a game plan for it. ... The company I keep, a lot of things [have] got to change, and I mean that from the heart."

Blank added that he expects Vick's behavior to change.

"I would say Michael understands, and I told him he is in essence on a short leash,'' Blank told SI.com. "His behavior cannot go on this way. His actions need to be different; his decisions need to be different. He can't just talk about changing things, he has to change his life. He says he understands, and I'm hoping he's being truthful with us and wants to deal with it. I hope he has the personal strength. I think it's very appropriate to say he's at a crossroads.''

Vick does have an apparent interest in breeding animals such as pit bulls and Rottweilers. A Web site for "Mike Vick K-9 Kennels'' includes a disclaimer that any of its dogs are used for fighting, which is banned nationwide and is a felony in 48 states, including Virginia and Georgia.

Another Web site for an Atlanta-area breeder, Sanders Kennels, shows a picture of Vick holding a Presa Canario puppy, an animal that it says is "bred for loyalty, protection, guarding, and peace of mind. They can and will protect.''

The Falcons begin a three-day minicamp this weekend, with Petrino looking to install his offense and see what several rookies might bring to his team.

"This weekend is a situation where we have to focus everything on football," Petrino said. "That's what I'm going to talk about over the weekend. We only have five practices and one mandatory minicamp. We've got to take all the distractions, put them on the shelf and concentrate on football. I'm going to instruct our team to do that."

Information from The Associated Press is included in this report

body88

Re: michael vick ... dog fighting
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2007, 02:37:56 PM »
The owner of the falcons said the more details he gets the more "ugly" things look. If Vick is connected to this crap, he should never play in the nfl again. The lowest of the low fight dogs to the death. You guys know how I am about dog fighting and how pits and other breeds get bad name due to that shit.

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2007, 08:58:22 AM »
The owner of the falcons said the more details he gets the more "ugly" things look. If Vick is connected to this crap, he should never play in the nfl again. The lowest of the low fight dogs to the death. You guys know how I am about dog fighting and how pits and other breeds get bad name due to that shit.

Right there with you, chief. If the accusations prove to be true, the guy deserves to lose the privilige of playing as a professional athlete in the NFL. I would always take pleasure in beating the ever loving shit of anyone I found out that set up dog fights. Fucking cocksuckers!

The house where the dog fights allegedlly took place was quickly listed, sold and purchased for less than half it's sale price of $775,000+ within days of these charges. Strange, huh?

Vick, piece of shit that he is, definitely knows AND is trying to hide something. God, I wish Kelly Gregg of the Ravens would've pancaked his ass when he made that hellacious sack on him last season.

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
  • More proof God is a man.
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2007, 10:08:34 AM »
The owner of the falcons said the more details he gets the more "ugly" things look. If Vick is connected to this crap, he should never play in the nfl again. The lowest of the low fight dogs to the death. You guys know how I am about dog fighting and how pits and other breeds get bad name due to that shit.

I agree completely although that won't happen. There's too much money wrapped up in Vick for that to be the case.

Dog fighting is the lowest of the low though. Imagine sitting there and watching two dogs fight to the death? No, thanks.

TrapsMcLats

• Getbig IV
  • Lift Heavy. Lift Hard.
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2007, 09:40:40 PM »
Complete this sentence " Vick is a worthless......."

So many words, so little time! ;D

body88

« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2007, 10:28:12 PM »
waste of talent

pile of garbage

body88

« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2007, 02:32:16 PM »
From Norfolk VA area breed rescue (Not-Rott) group -

Sent: Tuesday, May 15, 2007 8:04 AM
Subject: Michael Vick Dog fighting

Last night on ABC's local news (WVEC - Norfolk VA) channel,

http://www.wvec.com/news/topstories/....6c10df24.html

a local reporter tried to interview the district attorney (Commonwealth's Attorney Gerald Poindexterin) Surry County concerning the dogfighting ring at Michael Vick's residence. The district attorney was belligerent and ugly and appeared to not want to press charges against Vick. For those of you who haven't been following the news - the local police have hard evidence that Vick is heavily involved in dogfighting and had been at the property on several occasions during fights. The local police are being stonewalled by the local district attorney about pressing charges. They are so frustrated they have tried going to the federal authorities who have declined because the local district attorney hasn't acted on it yet. Several local attorneys who have experience in prosecuting dog fighting charges have contacted the district attorney to offer their assistance in prosecuting this and he won't even return their calls.

(804) 786-2071

Administrators for Surrey County VA:

Tyrone W. Franklin
County Administrator
E-Maill Address: twfranklin@co.surry.state.va.us

John B. Edwards, Jr.
Assistant County Administrator
E-Mail Address: jbedwards@co.surry.state.va.us

P. O. Box 65
Surry,Virginia 23883

Phone: (757) 294-5271
Fax: (757) 294-5204

County Website:

http://tinyurl.com/2c2m8e

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2007, 07:03:56 PM »
The owner of the falcons said the more details he gets the more "ugly" things look. If Vick is connected to this crap, he should never play in the nfl again. The lowest of the low fight dogs to the death. You guys know how I am about dog fighting and how pits and other breeds get bad name due to that shit.

He will get a slap on the wrist. :-\
The House that Ruth built

jmt1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2007, 07:09:36 PM »
it would really be a damn shame if the da decides not to go after this punk.

hopefully the owner of the falcons will continue to looking into this and suspend him.

body88

« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2007, 09:34:44 AM »
He will get a slap on the wrist. :-\

Not with Roger Goodell running things imo. This is the wrong time to be involved in anything like this. If this story turns out to be true, expect Vick to get suspended for at least a year. Not to mention the pitbull advocates, and animal rights groups that will tear this clown apart. Pacman was never convicted of most his crimes. If Vick is linked to this, and charges are brought, the NFL will drop the hammer on him. This type of shit is digusting. A rich and famous NFl player fighting pits to the death? That is scum bag stat.

Witnesses tie Vick to Dog Fighting

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/6816928

The lead investigator in the dog-fighting investigation at a home that was owned by Michael Vick says there may be evidence that can directly tie him to fights at the property.

Kathy Strouse, Animal Control coordinator for the City of Chesapeake, says there may be a videotape showing Vick at dogfights and that she has talked with individuals who can "put Vick on the property" during matches in an interview with Yahoo.com.
Vick has said that he rarely visited the house and that relatives living there were responsible for any misdeeds. He put the house up for sale last week and it is currently under contract.

Strouse also said she is "very confident" authorities will link Vick directly to the dog fighting and called out the prosecutor for not being more aggressive. "He was at the home and saw the equipment that we seized. When we were there, he said he had enough right there to issue an indictment."

The Falcons say they can't comment on the specifics of the dog-fighting case until officials in Virginia reach a decision on whether to file charges. The prosecutor handling the case and the sheriff who oversaw the raid have not responded to repeated requests for interviews.

Vick's cousin, who lived at the home, was the target of a drug case that led authorities to search the property. Investigators reported finding dozens of dogs - some of them injured and malnourished - along with items associated with organized fighting, such as treadmills for training, jaw-prying sticks, veterinary drugs commonly used to treat wounds and blood-soaked carpeting.

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2007, 10:13:06 AM »
Not with Roger Goodell running things. This is the wrong time to be involved in anything like this. If this story turns out to be true, expect Vick to get suspended for at least a year. Not to mention the pitbull advocates, and animal rights groups that will tear this clown apart. pacman was never convicted of anything. If Vick is linked to this, and charges are brought, the NFL will drop the hammer on him

Witnesses tie Vick to Dog Fighting

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/6816928

The lead investigator in the dog-fighting investigation at a home that was owned by Michael Vick says there may be evidence that can directly tie him to fights at the property.

Kathy Strouse, Animal Control coordinator for the City of Chesapeake, says there may be a videotape showing Vick at dogfights and that she has talked with individuals who can "put Vick on the property" during matches in an interview with Yahoo.com.
Vick has said that he rarely visited the house and that relatives living there were responsible for any misdeeds. He put the house up for sale last week and it is currently under contract.

Strouse also said she is "very confident" authorities will link Vick directly to the dog fighting and called out the prosecutor for not being more aggressive. "He was at the home and saw the equipment that we seized. When we were there, he said he had enough right there to issue an indictment."

The Falcons say they can't comment on the specifics of the dog-fighting case until officials in Virginia reach a decision on whether to file charges. The prosecutor handling the case and the sheriff who oversaw the raid have not responded to repeated requests for interviews.

Vick's cousin, who lived at the home, was the target of a drug case that led authorities to search the property. Investigators reported finding dozens of dogs - some of them injured and malnourished - along with items associated with organized fighting, such as treadmills for training, jaw-prying sticks, veterinary drugs commonly used to treat wounds and blood-soaked carpeting.

Guy's a motherless sack of shit. He's got fucking herpes on top of it. Fucking Ron Mexico........

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2007, 12:36:52 PM »
Ron Mexico is in a shit ton of trouble. The NFL is the most successful sports organization on the planet. they package and produce the tightest sports product out there. Goodall has fried everybody since he took over. He won't let Vick get away with anything especially this crap. Dog fighting ::). His biggets problem could be with Arthur Blank and the Falcon front office if they smoke him for a season.................. .......AND THEY TRADED SHAUB.  Thats all i thought about when it came out.
L

body88

« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2007, 01:38:47 PM »
Guy's a motherless sack of shit. He's got fucking herpes on top of it. Fucking Ron Mexico........

LMAO!

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2007, 04:55:44 PM »
LMAO!

Body, you remember reading about that? How some chick in Virginia was accusing him of giving her herpes? Happened about 3 years ago.

Now that I think about it.......here's the link!

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/0405051vick1.html

Eric15210

• Getbig IV
  • poor people are crazy I'm eccentric
« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2007, 06:18:48 PM »
I'm sure more NFL players will be named

Joey Porter?? would not surprise me
RIP Bob Probert

body88

« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2007, 06:27:02 PM »
Body, you remember reading about that? How some chick in Virginia was accusing him of giving her herpes? Happened about 3 years ago.

Yes, lmao!!!!! That line was classic.  "That damn Ron mexico" is to be said after we hear/post about Vick doing something stupid and or illegal.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2007, 04:01:42 PM »

SHe's damn Health Care worker....and she didn't use  condom >:(

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2007, 09:47:53 PM »
California congressman's letter urged strong action against Vick
Associated Press

Updated: May 18, 2007, 9:08 PM ET

A California congressman has joined the cause against Michael Vick, firing off a letter Friday that urged NFL commissioner Roger Goodell to "act swiftly and forcefully" if the Atlanta Falcons quarterback was involved in dog fighting on his former property.

U.S. Rep. Tom Lantos (D-Calif.) pointed out that he's a senior member of the Oversight and Government Reform Committee, which two years ago held highly publicized hearings on the use of performance-enhancing drugs in professional sports.

Lantos raised the prospect of government intervention if the NFL fails to discipline Vick.

"I am outraged that one of the National Football League's superstars is affiliated with such a heinous enterprise," Lantos wrote.

Last month, police raided a Virginia home owned by Vick and allegedly found evidence of a major dog-fighting operation, including dozens off malnourished and injured dogs. The quarterback has denied any wrongdoing, and no criminal charges have been filed against him.

Vick has since sold the home.

"The level of cruelty involved in exploiting animals to the point that 60 malnourished and injured dogs were removed from Mr. Vick's property is mind boggling," Lantos said. "I will view anything less than the strongest repudiation of Mr. Vick's involvement as tacit support for this atrocious activity."

The NFL has said repeatedly it is investigating the case to determine if Vick violated the commissioner's tougher standards for players who run afoul of the law. Reached Friday, Falcons spokesman Reggie Roberts reiterated the team's policy of not commenting until the investigation is completed.

Calling himself a longtime advocate of animal welfare, Lantos joined two prominent animals rights groups that have called on Goodell to suspend or ban any players involved in dog fighting.

"As evidence of Mr. Vick's involvement mounts, I implore you to act swiftly and forcefully," the congressman wrote. "Your strong rebuke of dog fighting -- and those who promote it -- will send the message that this all-too-prevalent practice has no place in a civilized society."

In a not-so-subtle threat of possible congressional action, Lantos reminded the commissioner of his committee's efforts to weed out those who use performance-enhancing drugs.

"I also suggest you educate your players on the illegality and cruelty of dog fighting to prevent this from happening again," Lantos wrote. "It is my hope that the issue of animal fighting will not require us to further investigate the behavior of your athletes."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2875320

jmt1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2007, 10:10:54 PM »
props to congressman lantos for steppin up on this. 

hopefully the da's office in va will stop dragging their feet and feel the pressure to file some chargers.   

from everything ive been reading the evidence in this case is overwhelming that vick was involved. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2007, 10:15:05 PM »
props to congressman lantos for steppin up on this. 

hopefully the da's office in va will stop dragging their feet and feel the pressure to file some chargers.   

from everything ive been reading the evidence in this case is overwhelming that vick was involved. 

I thought he did fine till his threat at the end:  "It is my hope that the issue of animal fighting will not require us to further investigate the behavior of your athletes." 

Rampant steroid abuse for decades and Lantos is silent.  Abuse some dogs (which is awful) and you get Congressional intervention.   

body88

« Reply #20 on: May 21, 2007, 07:57:56 AM »
I thought he did fine till his threat at the end:  "It is my hope that the issue of animal fighting will not require us to further investigate the behavior of your athletes." 

Rampant steroid abuse for decades and Lantos is silent.  Abuse some dogs (which is awful) and you get Congressional intervention.   

Guys where beating the tests, and using substances they cannot test for (hgh). A lot of guys took sauce, but the bigger majority stayed clean.. Dog fighting is sick, cruel and a felony. Imo dog fighting is a whole different ballgame then some players choosing to use riods.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: May 21, 2007, 08:30:44 AM »
Guys where beating the tests, and using substances they cannot test for (hgh). A lot of guys took sauce, but the bigger majority stayed clean.. Dog fighting is sick, cruel and a felony. Imo dog fighting is a whole different ballgame then some players choosing to use riods.

For decades they either weren't tested at all or were given one or two scheduled tests a year.  That's why only one or two dummies came up hot every year.  I don't think hgh came on the scene as the drug of choice till much later in the game.  My belief is that more than half the guys in the NFL were on the sauce.  The coaches, GMs, presidents, league office, etc. all knew who was using and turned a blind eye.  They still know.  Just like baseball.

I'm not trying to downplay dog fighting, but it has nothing to with guys cheating on the field and has no impact on the game.   

body88

« Reply #22 on: May 21, 2007, 08:51:16 AM »
For decades they either weren't tested at all or were given one or two scheduled tests a year.  That's why only one or two dummies came up hot every year.  I don't think hgh came on the scene as the drug of choice till much later in the game.  My belief is that more than half the guys in the NFL were on the sauce.  The coaches, GMs, presidents, league office, etc. all knew who was using and turned a blind eye.  They still know.  Just like baseball.

I'm not trying to downplay dog fighting, but it has nothing to with guys cheating on the field and has no impact on the game.   

I can see your point. Imo there is a slight backlash and the term "witch hunt" is tossed around when the gov starts using resources to investigate athletes hitting the sauce. When something like a dog fighting charge is brought to light I think it is much easier to nail someone to the wall.

I agree with you 100 percent about how the MLB turned a blind eye to what was going on. All those home runs are what revitalized the game to a degree. The steroid era was important to baseball. It is a disgrace, but it is true.

jmt1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #23 on: May 21, 2007, 10:24:21 AM »
look at this quote from clinton portis...

Clinton Portis Backs Michael Vick, Says Dog Fighting is Fine
May 20th, 2007 by Ryan Spoon

“I don’t know if he was fighting dogs or not, but it’s his property, it’s his dog,” Portis told WAVY-TV. “If that’s what he wants to do, do it. I think people should mind their business.”

http://sportswrap.berecruited.com/2007/05/20/clinton-portis-backs-michael-vick-says-dog-fighting-is-fine/

body88

« Reply #24 on: May 21, 2007, 10:52:19 AM »
look at this quote from clinton portis...

Clinton Portis Backs Michael Vick, Says Dog Fighting is Fine
May 20th, 2007 by Ryan Spoon

“I don’t know if he was fighting dogs or not, but it’s his property, it’s his dog,” Portis told WAVY-TV. “If that’s what he wants to do, do it. I think people should mind their business.”

http://sportswrap.berecruited.com/2007/05/20/clinton-portis-backs-michael-vick-says-dog-fighting-is-fine/

Haha, proof positive Portis is as ignorant/uneducated as they come. Even the dumbest, most ignorant, individual would understand fighting dogs to the death is wrong. The lowest of the low encourage this type of cruelty. The funny part is this guy has millions of dollars and is a supposed "role model". What a embarrassment to the NFL. I saw this clown on MTV cribs years back. Walking around with a "pimp cup" , pants sagging to his ankles, speaking in ebonics. He was trying to act "hard". Cant say i'm surprised.