Author Topic: Is $15,000 all he got for the NY Pro? LOL?  (Read 5423 times)

SteelePegasus

• Getbig V
  • Life, death, in between is getbig.com
Re: Is $15,000 all he got for the NY Pro? LOL?
« Reply #25 on: May 13, 2007, 02:28:37 PM »
so everybody on here gets 15k a day ::)

life endangering drugs, brutal hunger to the point of starvation, punish the body into submission...= 15K
Here comes the money shot

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #26 on: May 13, 2007, 02:29:19 PM »

That wasn't for one day's work...  it's not like he has the oportunity to make the same tomorrow and the next day.

Given the amount of work to get ready for a show, and the number of shows each pro does each year, that's more like pay for the past six months.  Meaning he got paid shit.
Ron: "I am lazy."

Matt C

• Getbig V
  • The White Vince Goodrum
« Reply #27 on: May 13, 2007, 02:30:22 PM »

No...but how much would Branch's gear have cost for the show?  Tom Prince once said the least he ever spent for contest prep was $1,800 preparing for his win at the 1997 Nationals.  :-\
Bodybuilding Pro.com

sgt. d

• Getbig V
  • Don't tase me bro
« Reply #28 on: May 13, 2007, 02:32:10 PM »
life endangering drugs, brutal hunger to the point of starvation, punish the body into submission...= 15K

Life endangering drugs? Millions of people die from lung cancer and drunk driving a year. How many people die a year from using steroids? Thats right ::)

sgt. d

• Getbig V
  • Don't tase me bro
« Reply #29 on: May 13, 2007, 02:35:22 PM »
No...but how much would Branch's gear have cost for the show?  Tom Prince once said the least he ever spent for contest prep was $1,800 preparing for his win at the 1997 Nationals.  :-\

I have no idea but many people assume that gear is expensive. If you have the right sources you can get it cheap.

Matt C

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: May 13, 2007, 02:40:51 PM »
Life endangering drugs? Millions of people die from lung cancer and drunk driving a year. How many people die a year from using steroids? Thats right ::)

True...depends on whether or not Branch is abusing it I guess.  gh15 is pretty in the know and he claims Branch is a heavy user...

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=100950.0

I have no idea but many people assume that gear is expensive. If you have the right sources you can get it cheap.

True on having the connections.
Bodybuilding Pro.com

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #31 on: May 13, 2007, 03:46:11 PM »
I know about the gym, what are the 2 large companies?
one is a rather large shipping company and i forget what the other is

bench

davidpaul

• Getbig V
Re: Downsizing of the NY Pro Show
« Reply #32 on: May 13, 2007, 06:25:24 PM »
I remember when the NY Pro Show was the (IFBB) Night of Champions. It was in a real theater (Beacon Theater) with 2800 seats sold out. There were over 50 competitors.
Now it is in a school auditorium with about 900 seats (300 of them empty), 19 competitors, a primitive stage setting, ....   WHAT HAPPENED ???   :'(

Why don't you call Steve and Bev and ask them.

affy

« Reply #33 on: May 13, 2007, 06:31:45 PM »
I remember when the NY Pro Show was the (IFBB) Night of Champions. It was in a real theater (Beacon Theater) with 2800 seats sold out. There were over 50 competitors.
Now it is in a school auditorium with about 900 seats (300 of them empty), 19 competitors, a primitive stage setting, ....   WHAT HAPPENED ???   :'(

the ifbb is turning into a steaming pile of cow dung...the only way to save this bullshit of a federation is to find another arnold and milk his teets for a decade to bring bodybuilding back on the map

GroinkTropin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #34 on: May 13, 2007, 06:46:54 PM »

You have the same name as my ex, now I am depressed. Good job.

Matt C

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: May 13, 2007, 06:48:20 PM »

Hi Wayne.

Yes, you were a much better promoter than anyone else in the IFBB.  We get it.  ;D
Bodybuilding Pro.com

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #36 on: May 13, 2007, 08:44:52 PM »

Cause they lost the best (easily) promoter they ever had.  This is just another show that has proven it along with the Olympia.  Chic doens't seem to notice that though.  Talking about being blind.

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #37 on: May 13, 2007, 08:54:02 PM »

Are you forgetting the prep for the show.  That is where the real work is.  Say 3 months out minimum.  I am sure allot of people on here make at least $5,000  a month.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #38 on: May 13, 2007, 09:04:22 PM »
I like it how my post on how Weider and Manion has hurt BB was deleted.  Manion is a pussy.  See how long this lasts.
it will last in memory :-*
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #39 on: May 13, 2007, 09:06:03 PM »
Cause they lost the best (easily) promoter they ever had.  This is just another show that has proven it along with the Olympia.  Chic doens't seem to notice that though.  Talking about being blind.

Wayne was a fine promoter....when he had the backing of the IFBB behind him.

If he was the genius you think he is..he wouldn't have given 3/4 of the tickets away for free at the NOC last year.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #40 on: May 13, 2007, 09:07:57 PM »

If he was the genius you think he is..he wouldn't have given 3/4 of the tickets away for free at the NOC last year.

nice non-addressing the topic Chick. Just chime in to argue with Onlyme?
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

TheEgoCrusher

• Getbig III
« Reply #41 on: May 13, 2007, 09:14:44 PM »

the ifbb is turning into a steaming pile of cow dung...the only way to save this bullshit of a federation is to find another arnold and milk his teets for a decade to bring bodybuilding back on the map

If Wolfe keeps his waist under control they have him already...I'm not sure if he has the persona to match but they  have a guy they can sell to the mainstream right freaking in front of them.

titusisback

• Getbig V
  • Team Ban Mom Lostabet
« Reply #42 on: May 13, 2007, 09:16:08 PM »
As long as they let someone as ugly as Branch Warren win, the downward trend is gauranteed. Hope this helps.

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #43 on: May 13, 2007, 09:20:36 PM »
In life we get our market value.  If bodybuilders don't get a lot, it is because they have little market value.

TA was talking about ways to make bodybuilding more popular.  Truth is, it is boring to watch bodybuilding as a competitive "sport" - it just isn't exciting, even to me, who is a huge fan of bodybuilding.

Two years.  Here are pictures from the first NY Pro:

http://www.bodybuildingpro.com/nypro2005updates.html

It was previously the "Night of Champions", but when Wayne Demilia left the IFBB he took the name with him.  The venue is the same though, so it is basically the same show.  New York still likes the freaks first and foremost.

If you read some of the posts on getbig, you would think we all hate bodybuilding and professional bodybuilders.  The truth is, we on here, as well as tons of young men, like to go to the gym with the goal in mind to gain muscle, and often that is the extent of our appreciation of bodybuilding.  That's not to say we (in general) like to see huge drugged up men in thongs pose for (little to no) pay.  We are attaching ourselves to the "sport" which best represents a hobby that we enjoy.

The NOC was originally held at the Beacon Theatre, a 3000 seat venue. It has since moved to the Tribeca Performing Arts center, a 1000 seat venue.

To lift a line from the movie "This is Spinal Tap," "Bodybuilding's appeal has gotten more selective."

As far as hating bodybuilding, for me, that's not the case. It's more a matter of not being able to relate to what I'm seeing on stage. When a teenaged Thin Lizzy started lifting weights (the early 1980s), the pros had at least somewhat attainable looking physiques, and even the ones who didn't, like Bertil Fox, had physiques you wanted to have, if you could.

Does anyone in their right mind want to look like Markus Ruhl?

War-Horse

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: May 13, 2007, 09:20:57 PM »
As long as they let someone as ugly as Branch Warren win, the downward trend is gauranteed. Hope this helps.

LOL.   Truth!!!

Matt C

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: May 13, 2007, 09:25:46 PM »
Does anyone in their right mind want to look like Markus Ruhl?

Good points!  As impressive as current pro bodybuilder physiques are, they are so unattainable that aspiring to look like them has never really crossed my mind.
Bodybuilding Pro.com

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #46 on: May 13, 2007, 09:32:05 PM »
$15,000 is 10 G4p loads :)

Matt C

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: May 13, 2007, 09:34:14 PM »
$15,000 is 10 G4p loads :)

Is that how much you charge?  ;D
Bodybuilding Pro.com

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #48 on: May 14, 2007, 12:35:23 AM »

So you are admitting on here that Weinberger is NOT a good promoter and also Robin Chang is NOT a good promoter.  Or are you saying the IFBB does NOT back Weinberger or Chang.  Just asking since you are admitting Wayne was ONLY a good promoter with the IFBB behind him.  Can you find out why the IFBB does NOT support Weinberger or Chang.  We'd like to know the reasons.  Thanks Bob

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #49 on: May 14, 2007, 12:37:02 AM »
nice non-addressing the topic Chick. Just chime in to argue with Onlyme?

Bob is my friend and we agree to argue with each other.  Ron pays us a monthly salary to do this.   ;D