Author Topic: Is $15,000 all he got for the NY Pro? LOL?  (Read 5427 times)

Stark

• Getbig V
Is $15,000 all he got for the NY Pro? LOL?
« on: May 13, 2007, 10:28:11 AM »
hahaha I hope it was worth it ruining your health for $15,000 Branch :D :D

GroinkTropin

• Getbig IV
Re: Is $15,000 all he got for the NY Pro? LOL?
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2007, 11:39:04 AM »
He would compete against a legion of shitty gym rats if he had to, guys like branch are addicted to being a freak plain and simple, the money is an afterthought.

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2007, 11:44:57 AM »
He would compete against a legion of shitty gym rats if he had to, guys like branch are addicted to being a freak plain and simple, the money is an afterthought.

No Comment ;)

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2007, 11:47:07 AM »

What else is new? These guys are not rational people. They DON'T care......... :-\
HAHA, RON.....

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2007, 11:48:18 AM »

Exactly.

It's so fucking sad.......
HAHA, RON.....

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2007, 12:55:44 PM »
I hope the members of the IFBB hire a guy to represent them so they can get more prize money at these IFBB shows.  How embarrassing to compete for prize money that low in a industry that generates 100's of millions of dollars.  I remember CHic saying he got all the competitors prize money.  How much did the last place person get in this contest, or did he have to pay.

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2007, 12:58:16 PM »
I hope the members of the IFBB hire a guy to represent them so they can get more prize money at these IFBB shows.  How embarrassing to compete for prize money that low in a industry that generates 100's of millions of dollars.  I remember CHic saying he got all the competitors prize money.  How much did the last place person get in this contest, or did he have to pay.

It;s more a punishment to come last than a price to be precise.

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2007, 12:58:40 PM »
doesnt matter, the man owns 2 large companys and 1 small buisness(his gym). so i thinking he just doing what he loves,nothing wrong with that.

bench

20inch calves

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2007, 01:07:30 PM »
there may be nothing wrong with doing what you love but its sad that a show like the new york pro only pays 15 grand for 1st.
irongearco.com

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2007, 01:12:09 PM »
How embarrassing to compete for prize money that low in a industry that generates 100's of millions of dollars. 

Actually, professional bodybuilding generates shit for revenue (just ticket sales and sponsorship of shows).  Supplement sales are what generate "$100's of millions".  However, owing to the fact that some 90% of supplement buyers don't even follow professional bodybuilding and really couldn't care less, these revenues would be generated with or without the IFBB and their trained monkeys. As a result, pro bodybuilders have little or no leverage.
Ron: "I am lazy."

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2007, 01:13:28 PM »
Just a question, how long has there been a NY Pro Show.

will938

• Getbig III
  • No Bull!
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2007, 01:15:34 PM »
doesnt matter, the man owns 2 large companys and 1 small buisness(his gym). so i thinking he just doing what he loves,nothing wrong with that.

bench

But thats not the point, what if he didn't have those to fall back on?
Team Efferding

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2007, 01:21:47 PM »
But thats not the point, what if he didn't have those to fall back on?
that wasnt the question,but if he didnt have those things it would be sad

bench

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2007, 01:22:45 PM »
Fact is 15G is fucking sad and probably doesn't even cover the juice.

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2007, 01:25:04 PM »
Actually, professional bodybuilding generates shit for revenue (just ticket sales and sponsorship of shows).  Supplement sales are what generate "$100's of millions".  However, owing to the fact that some 90% of supplement buyers don't even follow professional bodybuilding and really couldn't care less, these revenues would be generated with or without the IFBB and their trained monkeys. As a result, pro bodybuilders have little or no leverage.

But the majority of these supp companies are around because of the BB industry.  They support and sponsors shows around the world.  In fact 99% of all sponsorship money comes from supp companies.  The prize money being given out is mostly received from supp companies sponsoring the event.  The thing is supp companies use BB to promote their products (thats why you don't see any of the 90% you say who buy these products being used to promote them) yet the BB's don't see any kind of substantial income from this except the ones who are actually sponsored.    In other words the supp companes should be forking out more money for sponsoring of these events so that the competitors make more money. 

If Chic or whoever is supposed to be helping these competitors make more money should be going after these companies.  Everytime I see when Chic mentions how he has got them more money for prize money I laugh so hard.  He only got $4,000 for one event.  And that money was being used for something else and just redirected to prize money to make the IFBB look like they care.  Lets see him increase the money in EVERY show.  Now that would be something to brag about, not one show and only $4,000.  He should never mention that.  I love it how he says all the time how he is VP of BB.com and Egg International, yet how much money do these two companies give promoters to hand out for prize money.  Every show that BB.com does a feed from should be paying the promoter at least $50,000.  That is minimum.  The amount of exposure and everything else BB.com gets from doing these live feeds is huge to them.  The promoter should be getting something.  The prize money can be raised but Chic either doesn't want to do it or doesn't knwo how.  The IFBB members need someone who knows how to do it.

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2007, 01:25:57 PM »

Two years, I think.  When was the last IFBB NOC?  The NY Pro started the year after.

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2007, 01:29:31 PM »
But the majority of these supp companies are around because of the BB industry.  They support and sponsors shows around the world.  In fact 99% of all sponsorship money comes from supp companies.  The prize money being given out is mostly received from supp companies sponsoring the event.  The thing is supp companies use BB to promote their products (thats why you don't see any of the 90% you say who buy these products being used to promote them) yet the BB's don't see any kind of substantial income from this except the ones who are actually sponsored.    In other words the supp companes should be forking out more money for sponsoring of these events so that the competitors make more money. 

Most people who take supplements are lifting to get in shape for their own reasons, and don't watch, follow, or care about competitive bodybuilding.  These people would be buying their supplements even if the IFBB folded and never put on another show.

Matt C

• Getbig V
  • The White Vince Goodrum
« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2007, 01:39:42 PM »

In life we get our market value.  If bodybuilders don't get a lot, it is because they have little market value.

TA was talking about ways to make bodybuilding more popular.  Truth is, it is boring to watch bodybuilding as a competitive "sport" - it just isn't exciting, even to me, who is a huge fan of bodybuilding.

Two years.  Here are pictures from the first NY Pro:

http://www.bodybuildingpro.com/nypro2005updates.html

It was previously the "Night of Champions", but when Wayne Demilia left the IFBB he took the name with him.  The venue is the same though, so it is basically the same show.  New York still likes the freaks first and foremost.

If you read some of the posts on getbig, you would think we all hate bodybuilding and professional bodybuilders.  The truth is, we on here, as well as tons of young men, like to go to the gym with the goal in mind to gain muscle, and often that is the extent of our appreciation of bodybuilding.  That's not to say we (in general) like to see huge drugged up men in thongs pose for (little to no) pay.  We are attaching ourselves to the "sport" which best represents a hobby that we enjoy.

For those pros asking why people like goatboy even post here - where else do you expect him to post?  He probably likes working out and building muscle, but that doesn't mean he likes the industry.  Just so no one asks again why posts like this are so negative made by supposed "fans".
Bodybuilding Pro.com

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2007, 01:53:07 PM »

Thats sad.........I make more than that as a trainer and I don't have to risk my life doing it :-\!!

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: May 13, 2007, 01:56:49 PM »
Thats sad.........I make more than that as a trainer and I don't have to risk my life doing it :-\!!

training is not a sport!  >:(

;D

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #20 on: May 13, 2007, 01:58:43 PM »
Most people who take supplements are lifting to get in shape for their own reasons, and don't watch, follow, or care about competitive bodybuilding.  These people would be buying their supplements even if the IFBB folded and never put on another show.

Yes but the supp companies use the BB industry to test, market and develop their products.  They use BB's not a waiter to put in their ads and marketing material. 

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: May 13, 2007, 02:02:45 PM »
Yes but the supp companies use the BB industry to test, market and develop their products.  They use BB's not a waiter to put in their ads and marketing material. 

They don't "need" pro bodybuilders to put in their ads to the mass market...  any reasonably muscular steroid-monkey will do.

And they can "test" their products on anyone who lifts. (since when do most supp companies test their products anyway?  ::))

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #22 on: May 13, 2007, 02:05:42 PM »

SteelePegasus

• Getbig V
  • Life, death, in between is getbig.com
« Reply #23 on: May 13, 2007, 02:18:54 PM »

bench

I know about the gym, what are the 2 large companies?
Here comes the money shot

sgt. d

• Getbig V
  • Don't tase me bro
« Reply #24 on: May 13, 2007, 02:21:23 PM »
so everybody on here gets 15k a day ::)