Author Topic: Is $15,000 all he got for the NY Pro? LOL?  (Read 5424 times)

SteelePegasus

• Getbig V
  • Life, death, in between is getbig.com
Re: Downsizing of the NY Pro Show
« Reply #50 on: May 14, 2007, 02:27:26 AM »
Onlyme even with the backing of the IFBB wayne wasn't saving BB. This issue is bigger than him!

for mainstream people anything bigger than the Men's Health cover boy is disgusting.The general public is just not interested in a sterioded/overly muscled people. Yes, Arnold was the exception but he made his mark in the movies not BB.

coupled with the fact the current trend in bodybuilding is for larger GH gut turns off even some of the hardcore fans.

I remember everyone saying that we needed someone that could articule a message and attract new people. They bashed coleman on this and pushed for Jay. Well I am glad to see that Jay is attracting the masses  ::)

the problem that the IFBB has is that they are rewarding people that has payed their dues (Branch, Coleman, Cutler, James....) and so the current young up and comers have to play the size game to earn some respect
and ofcourse as we all know, playing the size games means getting a bigger gut. Turning off even more fans.

The next step for the NY Pro is to host a show on a street corner while holding up a tin cup for tips.
Here comes the money shot

dlee

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #51 on: May 14, 2007, 02:39:24 AM »
The downsizing happened between last year and this year. Last year's show was about twice the 19 of this year. New York was always a place for some new international folks to debut, but that was missing this year, as well. I do understand how one can't ignore phenomenal physiques like Branch and Dennis James, but with aesthetic physiques like Dennis Wolfe, Kai Greene and Craig Richardson, it is too bad that they were not the ideal.

musclecenter

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mr.Taiwan
« Reply #52 on: May 14, 2007, 02:47:03 AM »
As long as they let someone as ugly as Branch Warren win, the downward trend is gauranteed. Hope this helps.
This is how weird pro bodybuilders got a bad name in general public ...

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
Re: Is $15,000 all he got for the NY Pro? LOL?
« Reply #53 on: May 14, 2007, 11:38:51 AM »
Bump for Chic to answer me

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
  • http://www.liftstudios.com
« Reply #54 on: May 14, 2007, 11:44:25 AM »
Bump for someone to get Onlyme more pancakes.

Elevate Your Image.™

natural al

• Getbig V
  • like it or don't, learn to live with it..whooooooo
« Reply #55 on: May 14, 2007, 11:51:54 AM »

bump for you to get some class ;D
nasser=piece of shit

Naked4Jesus

• Getbig IV
  • You can save a IFBB Pro today by donating a kidney
« Reply #56 on: May 14, 2007, 12:26:48 PM »
so everybody on here gets 15k a day ::)

The NY Pro doesn't pay $15,000 a day.  All the months of preparation, food, drugs, tanning, etc. were at least $15,000 though Branch doesn't actually get the full 15.  After taxes he's lucky to take home $9,000. 

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: May 14, 2007, 12:32:51 PM »
The NY Pro doesn't pay $15,000 a day.  All the months of preparation, food, drugs, tanning, etc. were at least $15,000 though Branch doesn't actually get the full 15.  After taxes he's lucky to take home $9,000. 

and that's pushing it hard

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #58 on: May 14, 2007, 12:56:00 PM »

Bump for Issac to have the physical ability to be able to compete instead of having to take pics to get his jollys  ;D

PRO_Crastinator

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #59 on: May 14, 2007, 01:59:59 PM »
Why the hell has Art Atwood dropped off the face of the planet?

War-Horse

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: May 14, 2007, 06:29:23 PM »

Never heard of him.....does he lift??

sgt. d

• Getbig V
  • Don't tase me bro
« Reply #61 on: May 14, 2007, 06:42:39 PM »

His physique isnt getting better

antcraw

• Getbig III
  • Legacy of Brutality
« Reply #62 on: May 14, 2007, 07:26:43 PM »
Cause they lost the best (easily) promoter they ever had.  This is just another show that has proven it along with the Olympia.  Chic doens't seem to notice that though.  Talking about being blind.

Hey kieth why don't you drop a few names on us and tell us all the inside info that celebrities like you have access to in the VIP. 

" Yeah so I was on a 3 way call with Cory Everson and the stunt double for Van Damme in Cyborg., and I said hold on I got a beep from the 3rd runner up on celebrity fit club, yeah he's in my five."  ::)
I'm Nick's role model!

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #63 on: May 14, 2007, 07:33:08 PM »
Hey kieth why don't you drop a few names on us and tell us all the inside info that celebrities like you have access to in the VIP. 

" Yeah so I was on a 3 way call with Cory Everson and the stunt double for Van Damme in Cyborg., and I said hold on I got a beep from the 3rd runner up on celebrity fit club, yeah he's in my five."  ::)

Okay how about the name Antcraw.  He is this awesome guy (according to him of course)who is nameless, faceless, and has done nothing in his life good enough even to mention.  So embarassed about himself he posts no pics and won't even give us his name.  Antcraw is the biggest no-name I know.  Sorry I can't come up with anymore.  Well there's TexasBlubber

Matt C

• Getbig V
  • The White Vince Goodrum
« Reply #64 on: May 15, 2007, 03:29:27 AM »

Bump for someone to get Isaac more ad hominem attacks.  ;D
Bodybuilding Pro.com