Author Topic: Your Maximum Muscular Bodyweight and Measurements  (Read 11930 times)

Casey Butt

• Getbig II
Your Maximum Muscular Bodyweight and Measurements
« on: May 13, 2007, 05:26:22 PM »
I thought this might be of interest to the drug-free people here:

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
Re: Your Maximum Muscular Bodyweight and Measurements
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2007, 08:52:54 PM »
very interesting Mr Butt

Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

jonno gb

• Competitors II
  • Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2007, 02:42:28 AM »
Good article,Casey.Looks like I still have a bit of growing to do to reach my genetic potential.It is also interesting to see the measurements of the top bodybuilders of yesteryear.Many people on here claim much bigger measurements-things that make you go hmmm ;)

smaul

• Getbig IV
  • Lets build some hurting bombs!
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2007, 07:25:03 AM »
Cool, I have a fair bit of mass to gain, my maximim bicep size is depressing with a mere 15 inches.  I've already got that! I can gain like 30 pounds yet my biceps wont get any bigger?
It hasn't helped...

Figo

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2007, 12:04:16 AM »
very interesting

War-Horse

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2007, 12:11:09 PM »
Somebody should have told me.  I exceeded my genetics. :-[

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2007, 01:05:27 PM »
what if you have 8 and a quarter inch wrists and 10 inch ankles like me?

BIG ACH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2007, 02:30:38 PM »

That was a great read, but I honestly think that with all the advancements in the supplements today, one can naturally surpass these measurements.  Genetics is a bitch!

G.R.H.

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2007, 03:54:54 PM »
not sure i really understand this at all! it's telling me i could use about an extra 30lbs on me? i'm 5'6, and i now weigh 190! i'm confused with the wrist and ankle thing.  ???

War-Horse

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2007, 08:51:58 PM »
not sure i really understand this at all! it's telling me i could use about an extra 30lbs on me? i'm 5'6, and i now weigh 190! i'm confused with the wrist and ankle thing.  ???

LOL.. I think it meant 160lbs.   Youve exceeded your genetics!!! ;D

G.R.H.

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2007, 03:30:12 PM »
cool! does that  mean i am built more "superior" than the average dude of my age, weight, and size?! 8)

powerpack

• Getbig IV
  • Time to get Buck wild!
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2007, 08:53:51 AM »
I have also exceeded my genetics on arms, neck and legs by a small amount.
My calves and forearms still have a way to go.
It just show what a difference bone structure makes to muscle size

Herc

• Getbig II
« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2007, 12:19:29 AM »
I think that is a accurate fomula it gives.  Im 5'7 and 160 at around 8 percent bodyfat and ive been stuck for years having a hard time gaining more muscle.  According to this I can get up to 165.19 which seems about right.  those measurments they give are good when consedering they are lean measurements.  I think a lot of people who say they have 18 inch arms carry about 2 inches of fat so if they were lean they would really only have sixteen inch arms.  I was only about 25 lbs overwieght at one point and when I lost the wieght my arms lost an inch even though they actually have more muscle now.

Casey Butt

• Getbig II
« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2007, 06:39:33 AM »
I think a lot of people who say they have 18 inch arms carry about 2 inches of fat so if they were lean they would really only have sixteen inch arms.  I was only about 25 lbs overwieght at one point and when I lost the wieght my arms lost an inch even though they actually have more muscle now.

Few people actually realize the effect that even "small amounts" of body fat have on measurements (which is relative to what you consider "small amounts").  At 15% body fat my arms are about 1/8" less than what the formula predicts, but the last time I went down to 8% my arms were a full inch off the prediction (though I didn't directly train arms while dieting which probably cost me a fair bit of muscle off my arms).  I think that if I leaned out while training to maintain arm mass I might come within 1/2" of the prediction.

Incidentally, my lean body mass at 8% is about 5-6 pounds less than the formula predicts as my maximum (and I've been training very seriously for over 15 years).  For a person of my height and structure a balanced gain of 5-6 pounds of muscle equates to about a 1/2" on the upper arms, which would put both my arm measurement and my body weight roughly where the formula says they "should be".

Realistically though, I'll probably never get that additional 5-6 pounds of lean body mass  -- in my 15 years of involvement with bodybuilding I've seen only a few people who legitimately reached the formulae's predictions in lean condition without drug use ...and they were all high-level, drug-tested competitors.  Most current high-level "natural" competitors hover somewhere around or slightly under the formulae's predictions for most body parts (in fact, before the most recent edition of that article was posted it was read by several world-class drug-free bodybuilders, none of whom claimed to exceed the predictions).

myseone

• Getbig III
« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2007, 08:22:20 PM »
From experience and observation these (Casey Butts measurement chart) are good honest estimates for what is achievable for average to gifted men. Sure you will have people that exceed these measurements in one or two areas of their musculature, but it is a rare person that achieves or exceeds them, especially with single digit body fat levels.

We have been spoiled in a sense by seeing drug using bodybuilders, who not only exceed but drastically outdistance the measurements on these charts. people have been known to lie about their measurements which also causes a great deal of confusion. Any person who achieves these measurements or close to them with single digit levels of body fat will be awesome to look at to all but the drug using bodybuilder.

Casey Butt

• Getbig II
« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2008, 07:36:11 AM »
Lawrence and Ahmed, I know it's been awhile and I'm bringing back a long dead thread, but I just checked your sites and have to say you have great physiques.  Ahmed, your biceps are amazing and Lawrence, your chest is phenomenal.  Best of luck to both of you.

JOCKTHEGLIDE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2008, 11:35:15 PM »
not a bad calculator I already maxed out my potential though at 10%BF by those claims at my height seems realistic enough though....gotta find some drugs now.

JasonH

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2008, 01:40:42 AM »
Good article - gonna have to break out the calculator for that stuff though.

JOCKTHEGLIDE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2008, 04:03:12 AM »
Good article - gonna have to break out the calculator for that stuff though.
its already done for you on the link at a specific BF % its pretty cool....

rccs

• Getbig IV
  • Alma Matter!
« Reply #19 on: May 23, 2008, 11:00:09 AM »
interesting but... even naturally most bbers can overcaome their natural genetic limit... I don't believe much in limits...
S

mitchyboy

• Getbig III
« Reply #20 on: June 07, 2008, 09:01:35 AM »
With a 7 1/2 inch wrist and 16 1/2 biceps I think I've got some growing to do ;D Considering I startwd with a small 12 inch arm at 140 pounds, I think I'm doing ok.

josemariacvs

• Getbig I
« Reply #21 on: June 07, 2008, 08:35:53 PM »
I thought this might be of interest to the drug-free people here:

thank's man really incaurging :)