Author Topic: Bob Chick - Athlete's Representative?  (Read 216980 times)

BEAST 8692

• Getbig IV
Re: Bob Chick - Athlete's Representative?
« Reply #1175 on: June 07, 2007, 08:23:20 AM »
Weinberger was not Implicated he was mentioned.
There is a differfence son ::)

oh, there's a differfence is there dad? ::)

Rampage

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1176 on: June 07, 2007, 03:37:48 PM »
THEY NEED AND INDEPENDANT FIRM ADDING THE SCORES UP NOT ONE IFBB OFFICIAL SHOULD SEE OR TOUCH THE SCORE SHEET ONCE HANDED IN.......THAT WAY NO ONE WILL KNOW TILL THE MC CALLS OUT THE PLACINGS AT NIGHT......NONE OF THIS OH JAY IS IN THE LEAD BY SO MUCH AFTER PRE JUDGING OR SO AND SO HAS SO MANY POINTS ON SOMEONE ELSE..THAT SHIT SHOULD NOT BE GOING ON...BUT WE HEAR IT ALL THE TIME.....THAT SHOULD BE AN EASY FIX FOR YOU BOB PUT IT IN EVEN THOU I AM NOT AN IFBB ATLETE I AM SURE THE OTHER GUYS WOULD LIKE IT..

One of the most BRILLIANT suggestions of improving the Olympia that ive ever heard

Shawn nor Bob would disagree , in fact theyd be the 1st to see it in fact DOES happen

BOB , make it happen

This should be enforced at the O this year , no doubt

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #1177 on: June 07, 2007, 03:40:36 PM »
Weinberger was not Implicated he was mentioned.
There is a differfence son ::)

God, you a dumberer than I ever thougth possible.  ::)

sgt. d

• Getbig V
  • Don't tase me bro
« Reply #1178 on: June 07, 2007, 03:55:22 PM »
God, you a dumberer than I ever thougth possible.  ::)

Dumberer should be spelled "dumber"

Thougth should be spelled "thought"

Damn you are so fucking stupid. I see why Tamali is looking like shit at every contest.

haha God, you a dumberer than I ever thougth possible. Looks like somebody didnt attend english class everday. ;D

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #1179 on: June 07, 2007, 03:56:52 PM »
I think thats a lisp

;)

Lee_a_priest

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #1180 on: June 07, 2007, 05:50:43 PM »
We all know what goes on at some contests. Whoever is called out in the first comparison group is 2, 1, 3. It shouldn't be like that but if someone is making the decision to call out the 'right' competitors the judges know who to place in the top 3. That might partly explain why so many results have seen the top guys get the same votes from the judges. That is unlikely in a close contest. The IFBB judges again at the finals and at that time the errant judges can correct their 'mistakes'. Even the IFBB system of rating judges is invalid. You cannot assess performances by comparing individual judge's placings to final order. The so-called divergent system is invalid because the judge who diverges might be the only one placing the best person first. The IFBB assumes the judges get it right and therefore if you don't agree with the majority you are not a good judge. Even their system sucks.

At the very least all contests have to be seen to be fair. They have to provide a system where the call outs are selected by random choice of judges. Wonder if Bob will take this to the next meeting?

ALL I CAN SAY IS I WAS TOLD BY A JUDGE HE WAS MAD CAUSE AT ONE SHOW... HE CALLED FOR ME TO BE COMPARED AND WHEN THE NAMES WERE CALLED MY NAME WASNT CALLED ..SO YES SOMETIMES IT CAN HAPPEN ...BUT OH WELL.......SOMETHINGS NEVER CHANGE

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #1181 on: June 07, 2007, 05:54:19 PM »
Dumberer should be spelled "dumber"

Thougth should be spelled "thought"

Damn you are so fucking stupid. I see why Tamali is looking like shit at every contest.

haha God, you a dumberer than I ever thougth possible. Looks like somebody didnt attend english class everday. ;D

And you are even more DUMBERER than Sean if you didn't get the meaning of my spelling.  ::) I will admit though that the other was a typo.  :-[  ;D

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #1182 on: June 07, 2007, 06:34:04 PM »
Even one instance of a judge not having the competitors called out that he wants to compare is plainly unfair. If what Lee says is true that indictment proves the system needs an overhaul. In the event that someone was omitted from a list the judge should have the opportunity to call out another group. I have always maintained that the comparisons should continue until each and every judge is satisfied that he has placed the athletes properly.

In 1980 Olympia Danny Padilla wasn't called out in a group at the prejudging. Later I was amazed to see that Danny was, if put on a grid where everyone is the same size, the biggest, most balanced bodybuilder in the show.

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #1183 on: June 07, 2007, 06:40:21 PM »
Even one instance of a judge not having the competitors called out that he wants to compare is plainly unfair. If what Lee says is true that indictment proves the system needs an overhaul. In the event that someone was omitted from a list the judge should have the opportunity to call out another group. I have always maintained that the comparisons should continue until each and every judge is satisfied that he has placed the athletes properly.

In 1980 Olympia Danny Padilla wasn't called out in a group at the prejudging. Later I was amazed to see that Danny was, if put on a grid where everyone is the same size, the biggest, most balanced bodybuilder in the show.

you invented the grid....didn't you?

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #1184 on: June 07, 2007, 06:43:51 PM »
At least everyone knows I invented something!

HowieW

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #1185 on: June 07, 2007, 06:58:42 PM »

That's the spirit!  Hey Mr Basile, why not seriously consider getting into your best shape in years and getting into a grand masters div at a contest. Might be fun for ya to do that? You have NOTHING to prove of course I just think it might be fun to see you transition into top shape again as a mature BB.
Howard
Kelly Ryan married well!  Free Titus!

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #1186 on: June 07, 2007, 07:07:07 PM »

you invented Herpes too

phyxsius

• Getbig V
  • Mini Getbigger
« Reply #1187 on: June 07, 2007, 07:13:17 PM »
That's the spirit!  Hey Mr Basile, why not seriously consider getting into your best shape in years and getting into a grand masters div at a contest. Might be fun for ya to do that? You have NOTHING to prove of course I just think it might be fun to see you transition into top shape again as a mature BB.
Howard

He can't because there's nothing to invent, unless muscles and posing trunks ;D
I am a mini beast

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #1188 on: June 07, 2007, 07:16:11 PM »
He can't because there's nothing to invent, unless muscles and posing trunks ;D

Maybe he could invent a pair of  "Depends" that fit under posing trunks..? ;D

sgt. d

• Getbig V
  • Don't tase me bro
« Reply #1189 on: June 07, 2007, 07:17:11 PM »
And you are even more DUMBERER than Sean if you didn't get the meaning of my spelling.  ::) I will admit though that the other was a typo.  :-[  ;D

mini melt

Haha like taking candy from a baby

phyxsius

• Getbig V
  • Mini Getbigger
« Reply #1190 on: June 07, 2007, 07:18:06 PM »

Ego boosting eh Chick?  ;D
I am a mini beast

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #1191 on: June 08, 2007, 09:58:32 AM »

somewhere right now....

Vince's brain is smoking

rocco911

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #1192 on: June 08, 2007, 02:03:56 PM »
Isn't a pro any individual who wins their card?

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #1193 on: June 08, 2007, 06:55:46 PM »

Pretty much...

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #1194 on: June 08, 2007, 07:02:49 PM »

What if we Add -  And,.. They pull a comfortable living out of it?

slaveboy1980

• Getbig V
  • Thought is the arrow of time; memory never fades.
« Reply #1195 on: June 09, 2007, 08:27:41 AM »
haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahah haha. "pro sport"

squeezz

• Getbig I
« Reply #1196 on: September 15, 2007, 07:16:23 PM »
Melvin Echo's the opinion I have heard expressed by many Athletes regarding Bob..but because most are struggling already  they they are reluctant to express how they really feel....Go ahead on Mel!!!

D.L. 5

• Getbig IV
  • WILL HARRIS: BRINGING GAY BACK!
« Reply #1197 on: September 15, 2007, 07:59:53 PM »
Melvin Echo's the opinion I have heard expressed by many Athletes regarding Bob..but because most are struggling already  they they are reluctant to express how they really feel....Go ahead on Mel!!!

Hi Melvin  ;D
JAY "OLIVE OIL" CUTLER!

Gino30

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1198 on: September 16, 2007, 05:00:27 AM »
I don't get it?!?

Why are we arguing the point of honesty, fairness and integrity when it comes to IFBB judging?......thing is, if you strip away all the bells and whistles, you're left with something so obvious it's beyond question ---------> the IFBB is built on a drug culture so undeniably abused that it must be kept under smoke and mirrors, otherwise the truth would bring the whole empire crumbling down.....so you have this Federation whose core, underlying foundation is a lie.....so why the hell would anyone think that justice and truth would grow from a bad seed?......its bewildering.....respect to Bob for doing what he thinks is best (at least he's in there fighting), but in the end, he's fighting for the shit end of the stick.

Moreover, you have these rules that say its up to the discretion of the IFBB to drug test......WTF!......you either do or you don't......the IFBB is doing nothing more than sending a message that rules can be changed to suit the situation.......its a terrible attitude that sets terrible standards.....and that's my point - if your core organisational values aren't right, you'll never get it right.

Good luck Bob (not being sarcastic)!

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #1199 on: September 16, 2007, 10:00:02 AM »

Sorta disrespectful to badmouth another pro like that, even more so a former champ.

Just kidding.