Author Topic: eating when on question...  (Read 2912 times)

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
eating when on question...
« on: May 18, 2007, 09:54:35 PM »
IF I start to put on excess fat, would it be smart to cut the carbs out or slim them down in my diet to help eat up some of the fat? Or would it be better to cut out the fats instead? I've read numerous sources that state muscles are made with fats and protien, not carbs. I should still be able to gain and lose fat when on if I slowly cut out the carbs or cycle them when using. Reason I'm asking, I feel bloated and overall fuller with all these carbs in my system and it got me thinking.  Since my body will need x-amount of cals to grow and I'm already giving it 4k, 1500 of them from carbs, cutting them out would make my body draw the the extra cals from excessive fat on my body.

Suggestions? Ideas? I don't want to start ballooning up so I want to have a base to go off of if in fact I start to rise in body fat.

SPRINKFSU

• Getbig III
Re: eating when on question...
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2007, 07:19:04 AM »
i really dont know how to answer your question
i eat everthing from fast food to pizza and im still ripped and stacked.
i beleave if your gonna eat like shit like me then you just have to workout harder.
thats what works for me

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
COPIED FROM ANOTHER FORUM I POSTED ON TODAY...
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2007, 07:56:06 AM »
Cals from chicken and meats per day. 1600-1700
cals from shakes-990 straight mix with water.
cals from rice 5-6 cups pending how sick of it I end up getting during the day-800 from the rice alone with 6 eggs throwin into them. so 100total with the rice and the eggs.
2 cups plain oatmeal with 4 tablespoons peanut butter in the morning-600cals
salad and a table spoon of italian dressing with a cup of salad shrimp..300cals

yanno I'm eating a shitload of food...

I should probably cut the oatmeal down to a single cup with 2 table spoons of peanut butter and bring the rice down to 3 cups or so a day. I WAS eating maple and brown sugar oatmlea making the oatmeal and peanut butter close to 1k cals for a single meal.  I switched to plain instead.

I think it's safe to say I can cut back a little. Even if there's not enough total cals in a day, the extra needed to building and keep up with myself will be pulled from my fat stores in my body.

4thAD

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2007, 08:04:28 AM »
i beleave if your gonna eat like shit like me then you just have to workout harder.
thats what works for me

Not good advice It depends on age, body fat % he started the cycle on, and a # of other factors. Plus fast foods can actually hinder protein synthesis. Eat as clean as you can. Have a cheat day if you need it. If you notice your not putting on lots of fat eat some good food. Enjoy your cycle man just be smart about it and don't shovel tons of shit in your mouth. Remember you are what you eat, on cycle or not.

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2007, 08:11:21 AM »
Not good advice It depends on age, body fat % he started the cycle on, and a # of other factors. Plus fast foods can actually hinder protein synthesis. Eat as clean as you can. Have a cheat day if you need it. If you notice your not putting on lots of fat eat some good food. Enjoy your cycle man just be smart about it and don't shovel tons of shit in your mouth. Remember you are what you eat, on cycle or not.

All a cycle does is speed up recovery in not much more wording. So you've still got to hit it. I love eating clean foods because it makes me feel CLEAN! I started at 15% and am at 14% now but I wonder how long it will hold out on this diet I've got going. Since I've got lbs of fat on me, What I cut out in carbs, though not completely, will be pulled from the excess to help digest the food and continue building the muscles up.

4thAD

« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2007, 08:29:04 AM »
Well are you bulking or cutting? I don't believe you can do both and still get maximum gains. On cycle or not.

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2007, 08:32:23 AM »
Well are you bulking or cutting? I don't believe you can do both and still get maximum gains. On cycle or not.

LOL I'm trying to gain 20 solid pounds in 15 weeks

4thAD

« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2007, 09:47:04 AM »
I wouldn't worry so much about losing fat. Concentrate on putting on some good quality muscle. Moderate cardio and eating a clean high calorie diet should do the trick. Don't confuse water weight with fat gain. You can always do some cutting in the future.

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2007, 09:49:15 AM »
I wouldn't worry so much about losing fat. Concentrate on putting on some good quality muscle. Moderate cardio and eating a clean high calorie diet should do the trick. Don't confuse water weight with fat gain. You can always do some cutting in the future.

Yeah I'm starting letro monday go clear out some of the water and see how I feel then. I LOVE the feeling from all this clean food I get but my gut is starting to show some distention and I hope it goes down once I start to curb the food intake when I come off from 4k+ to around 3k cals.

delta9mda

• Getbig V
  • Team Pussy Claad/ ya know I'm sayin?
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2007, 10:10:17 AM »
cut the carbs and increase with protein if needed to make up for the cals if you think you need to.

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2007, 10:14:30 AM »
Everyone is different, some guys are like SPrink and can eat whatever they want. others like me can gain fat so quickly it's a constant battle to keep my diet in check even when bulking. just keep track of your progress and make adjustments, it takes years to figure out how "your" body will respond to different diets.

a good friend of mine was eating nothing but fast food during his last cycle and actually lost bodyfat. i can look at a pizza and gain 2 pounds...

8)

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2007, 10:15:23 AM »
Everyone is different, some guys are like SPrink and can eat whatever they want. others like me can gain fat so quickly it's a constant battle to keep my diet in check even when bulking. just keep track of your progress and make adjustments, it takes years to figure out how "your" body will respond to different diets.

a good friend of mine was eating nothing but fast food during his last cycle and actually lost bodyfat. i can look at a pizza and gain 2 pounds...

8)

sounds like we're swimming in the same pool bro.  :-\

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2007, 10:32:42 AM »
sounds like we're swimming in the same pool bro.  :-\

i understand...that is why i eat as clean as possible and i do cardio even when bulking. Carbs make the biggest change in my body. once i drop the carbs down and up the cardio i start losing fat like crazy.

8)

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2007, 03:39:24 PM »
It very individual. But if a guy is the puffy & bloated naturally type, that gains weight easy, he may want to experiment w/ running on more Fat cals than Carbs 4 energy. NO WATER RETENTION from the fats. Carbs retain
3:1 water if I recall.  Also no insulin spikes from carbs.

Get real F'n starving working hard, and eat nothing but a Big high quality cheeseburger & coffee.
If your  fairly lean - Watch the veins come popping out.

udeluz

• Getbig IV
  • CLICK...CLICK...BOOM !!!!!!!!
« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2007, 04:54:59 PM »
thats what works for me

Sorry Zeek there is NO FUCKING WAY that you eating that shit and ripped... NO  WAY  Sorry to have to call you out but I have learned TOO much about Diet and Nutrition to believe you.
U

4thAD

« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2007, 05:02:39 PM »
click...click...BOOM! udeluz gotcha!

udeluz

• Getbig IV
« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2007, 05:04:45 PM »
click...click...BOOM! udeluz gotcha!

?
U

SPRINKFSU

• Getbig III
« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2007, 05:44:51 PM »
I beg to differ, my last cycle I was at 212. and`was eating everything. 11%bf

this cycle im 190 cutting down still eating what ever i want with 9%bf

the waqy I eat is what ever I want I dont eat breakfast,I might have lunch,but when I do eat if I eat a big mac and fries Im full
so I dont eat anything else. but then Im hungry a hour later,so i might have pop corn,or steak and rice,or chicken it all depends but I do eat my ho-ho's and twinkies.

you can call out all you want but im one of the lucky ones

udeluz

• Getbig IV
« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2007, 05:48:00 PM »
I beg to differ, my last cycle I was at 212. and`was eating everything. 11%bf

this cycle im 190 cutting down still eating what ever i want with 9%bf

the waqy I eat is what ever I want I dont eat breakfast,I might have lunch,but when I do eat if I eat a big mac and fries Im full
so I dont eat anything else. but then Im hungry a hour later,so i might have pop corn,or steak and rice,or chicken it all depends but I do eat my ho-ho's and twinkies.

you can call out all you want but im one of the lucky ones

I smell bullshit, 212 @ 11%   and now 190 @ 9%     so you lost 22 lbs and only dropped 2%   HAHAHAHAHAHA   Your full of shit. Sorry Bro
U

SPRINKFSU

• Getbig III
« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2007, 06:11:43 PM »
lets remember something udeluz you have been doing this what almost a year?

I have been doing this for almost 17 years.I think I know what Im doing

yep lost 22lbs in 6 months didnt work out. All I had at that time was cardio. so when I got back on I was at 174 now im at 190
every simple.lets not forget I have serveral cycles under my belt not just 2 or 3?

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: May 19, 2007, 06:40:18 PM »
When I was in my 20s to mid 30s I could shovel down AS MUCH TRASH FOOD as possible and NEVER
loose abs, seratus, intercostals,.. the whole collecion. Paper thin skin.
 BUT- it was also basicaly impossible to gain size!
THis was 100%natural.

Whole Pizzas, doughnuts, Pies, burgers... you name it. Impossible to lose abs.
Really piss the Fatties off. ;D

udeluz

• Getbig IV
« Reply #21 on: May 19, 2007, 07:30:48 PM »
lets remember something udeluz you have been doing this what almost a year?

I have been doing this for almost 17 years.I think I know what Im doing

yep lost 22lbs in 6 months didnt work out. All I had at that time was cardio. so when I got back on I was at 174 now im at 190
every simple.lets not forget I have serveral cycles under my belt not just 2 or 3?

Whatever bro, nothing you are saying is making sense.  You say you finished cycle at 212 but then you dropped down to 174 and are now back up to 190. That means you lost 38 lbs in 6 months. . .  That would mean your whole 11 and 9% BF statement is Bullshit. But wahtever bro, this is the internet, you can be whoever you want.
U

SPRINKFSU

• Getbig III
« Reply #22 on: May 19, 2007, 07:43:49 PM »
It makes perfect sence,I dont know were your lost at bro?

I like how it takes one person that has done what maybe 2 cycles to tell me how someones elses body works? ::)

Im gonna try to explain this to you.In 6 months or more I lost pretty much everything.SEE THATS WHAT HAPPEN WHEN YOU USE ROIDS AND DONT MAINTAIN are you on board yet?

So it brought me down alot of weight,now with out having time to go to the gym all I had was cardio,and push ups sit ups shit like that.YOU STILL FOLLOWING?

now lets back up when I was 212 I wasnt a fat ass I was still ripped,lets just clarify ripped cause you may think like a swimmers ripped im talking ripped like my abs were tight and showing.
now before i was even 212 I was at 175 to 180. so you see thats how it was possable.

YOU really need to do more research on steroids. NO DISRESPECT but you dont know my body and im pretty sure I do. So stick with what you know and not with what you think you might understand.

udeluz

• Getbig IV
« Reply #23 on: May 19, 2007, 07:59:27 PM »
HA HA Zeek, Looks like your getting all worked up!! Its not your body that I am refering to its THE HUMAN BODY and how the HUMAN  BODY reacts to fats, carbs, protein. . .  Its not MUCH different from person to person. . .

And you sit and try to push the fact that I have only done 5 cycle in my life, big deal. There is a right way and a wrong way, and I am sorry to say, that if you have been juicing for 17 years and are only at 174-190 YOU ARE DOING SOMETHING WRONG

I am done.
U

SPRINKFSU

• Getbig III
« Reply #24 on: May 19, 2007, 10:00:57 PM »
see thats whats good about being human you can transform your body. I can be big with mass
or i can be cut with mass,or i can just not have mass and only have strength