Author Topic: Dumbell accident mutilates my middle finger! (PICS)  (Read 20481 times)

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
Re: Dumbell accident mutilates my middle finger! (PICS)
« Reply #25 on: May 19, 2007, 01:07:45 PM »
DAMN! Hope you're okay man! I feel for ya as that injury looks pretty damn painful..

Hope you light a fat one to supress the pain and heal up soon.  ;)

Jerryme7

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Check out www.muscleshoppe.com for the best prices
« Reply #26 on: May 19, 2007, 01:10:03 PM »
Figgs, get well soon!

Take care of that finger

Naked4Jesus

• Getbig IV
  • You can save a IFBB Pro today by donating a kidney
« Reply #27 on: May 19, 2007, 01:14:20 PM »
He almost lost a finger for you bitches?  ???

RFLMAO!!!!   ;D

Naked4Jesus

• Getbig IV
  • You can save a IFBB Pro today by donating a kidney
« Reply #28 on: May 19, 2007, 01:16:10 PM »
I was finishing up my last set of incline dumbell presses and when I dropped the weight it came crashing down above another dumbell that was on the floor underneath the bench and the only thing between them was my middle finger. At first I just felt like I banged it, nothing unusual, but then I looked at it and was practically able to see right through it. The tip of my finger was almost completely severed and was crushed beyond recognition. One of the local gym monsters said "don't worry, it's just a little blood" as I held up my hand in shock. I said to him "just a little blood? Wanna see it up close?" and showed him what was left of my finger and he told me I should go to the hospital. I realized he was absolutely right and I wondered before I walked away if I should look to see if any of my finger was on the floor. I walked to a paper towel rack and wrapped up my bleeding finger then walked to the main desk and told the guy I had to go to the hospital for an emergency. At this point I felt like i was goin to faint and sat down within the desk area. I thought I was having a panic attack but I was later told it was just stress-related anxiety. The desk man called the gym supervisor, who came and called for an ambulance. He then took out a first-aid kit and wrapped up my finger in a gauze.

I hung out for a while until the ambulance arrived. Some friends got my things from the locker and I was getting anxious to see medical attention. I called my mom who came soon after the ambulance had. The ambulance drove me to a trauma center where I didn't wait too long for a doctor, thank goodness. A hand surgeon drove there to stitch me up after I had x-rays. He gave me anesthesia and cleaned it up. Then he got to work, sewing back on the hanging piece of flesh. He had to pull off my fingernail to sew up the cut, which extended to behind the nail. While watching this in awe and fascination I couldn't help but imagine what on earth that would feel like if I wasn't completely numb! But he did a wonderful job putting together my finger. He even sewed back on my nail, saying it would act as a splint.

I was grateful to have medical attention of such quality, but when the numbness wore off I became in excrutiating pain. A nurse gace me 2 pills of perkicet, but it didn't help too much. I'm now currently stoned off vicadin, which is much more effective. I'm going to smoke some weed to improve the high I already have, of course. :)

I'm going to be out of the gym for a while, which is the worst part of it all. I'll ease back on in sometime soon. But since the doc said there was a 20% chance I'll need amputation I'm going to be extra, extra careful. In regards to that percentage, I have good news. When I unwrapped the gauze this morning I learned that I still have feeling at the tip of the finger, instead of a dead lump of flesh. I shouldn't expect to lose my finger. :) Plus my chest is sore from the workout lol.

I'm just a soldier of iron...

I lost both of the toe nails on my big toes.  They both grew back.  It's fvcked up but it will pass.   I'm glad you got to keep your finger and still get in a good chest workout.  March on soldier!

willie mosconi

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #29 on: May 19, 2007, 01:20:55 PM »
why does onlyme post the most disgusting pics on earth? what the fuck is wrong with you? seriously. a mod should delete that immediately.

willie mosconi

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #30 on: May 19, 2007, 01:23:34 PM »
I had a similar injury occur when helping move a tv set into a moving truck. it fell right onto the finger next to my pinky on my left hand. It took nearly a month to fully heal. make sure you don't do anything to aggravate the injury now. take at least two weeks off from training. if not, an infection can set in which could have disastrous consequences. anyway, the damn injury ended up costing me over $400- and that's with health insurance!

CARTEL

• Getbig V
  • Have a good time, all the time.
« Reply #31 on: May 19, 2007, 01:26:02 PM »
I was finishing up my last set of incline dumbell presses and when I dropped the weight it came crashing down above another dumbell that was on the floor underneath the bench and the only thing between them was my middle finger. At first I just felt like I banged it, nothing unusual, but then I looked at it and was practically able to see right through it. The tip of my finger was almost completely severed and was crushed beyond recognition. One of the local gym monsters said "don't worry, it's just a little blood" as I held up my hand in shock. I said to him "just a little blood? Wanna see it up close?" and showed him what was left of my finger and he told me I should go to the hospital. I realized he was absolutely right and I wondered before I walked away if I should look to see if any of my finger was on the floor. I walked to a paper towel rack and wrapped up my bleeding finger then walked to the main desk and told the guy I had to go to the hospital for an emergency. At this point I felt like i was goin to faint and sat down within the desk area. I thought I was having a panic attack but I was later told it was just stress-related anxiety. The desk man called the gym supervisor, who came and called for an ambulance. He then took out a first-aid kit and wrapped up my finger in a gauze.

I hung out for a while until the ambulance arrived. Some friends got my things from the locker and I was getting anxious to see medical attention. I called my mom who came soon after the ambulance had. The ambulance drove me to a trauma center where I didn't wait too long for a doctor, thank goodness. A hand surgeon drove there to stitch me up after I had x-rays. He gave me anesthesia and cleaned it up. Then he got to work, sewing back on the hanging piece of flesh. He had to pull off my fingernail to sew up the cut, which extended to behind the nail. While watching this in awe and fascination I couldn't help but imagine what on earth that would feel like if I wasn't completely numb! But he did a wonderful job putting together my finger. He even sewed back on my nail, saying it would act as a splint.

I was grateful to have medical attention of such quality, but when the numbness wore off I became in excrutiating pain. A nurse gace me 2 pills of perkicet, but it didn't help too much. I'm now currently stoned off vicadin, which is much more effective. I'm going to smoke some weed to improve the high I already have, of course. :)

I'm going to be out of the gym for a while, which is the worst part of it all. I'll ease back on in sometime soon. But since the doc said there was a 20% chance I'll need amputation I'm going to be extra, extra careful. In regards to that percentage, I have good news. When I unwrapped the gauze this morning I learned that I still have feeling at the tip of the finger, instead of a dead lump of flesh. I shouldn't expect to lose my finger. :) Plus my chest is sore from the workout lol.

I'm just a soldier of iron...

Jeez, an ambulance for your finger. Come on Figgs, walk it off.

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #32 on: May 19, 2007, 01:27:33 PM »
well you can allways focus on training legs two times/ week.

most bb'ers has weak legs compared to upperbody anyway.

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #33 on: May 19, 2007, 01:31:37 PM »
Z

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: May 19, 2007, 01:32:57 PM »
dip your finger in celtic sea salt it will rejuvinate your finger and speed up the healing DO NOT TAKE ANTIBIOTICS
A

warrior_code

• Getbig III
« Reply #35 on: May 19, 2007, 01:33:55 PM »
The EXACT same thing happened to a buddy of mine when we were lifting.  The only difference is that it was his ring finger.  It was really weird to see as I was spotting him.  

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #36 on: May 19, 2007, 01:33:59 PM »
you should put out a no pain no gain bodybuilding video
Z

warrior_code

• Getbig III
« Reply #37 on: May 19, 2007, 01:35:09 PM »
can they amputate it? My friends was too badly crushed so they had to cut most of his finger off. 

willie mosconi

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #38 on: May 19, 2007, 01:36:20 PM »
dip your finger in celtic sea salt it will rejuvinate your finger and speed up the healing DO NOT TAKE ANTIBIOTICS

why no antibiotics? they put me on some in the aforementioned injury. seemed to do no harm

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #39 on: May 19, 2007, 01:36:30 PM »
Fucking OUCH!

Hope it turns out ok.

Rami

• Getbig V
  • One Hundred Percent
« Reply #40 on: May 19, 2007, 01:36:56 PM »
Read under my avatar. I'm not messing around with that message.

CARTEL

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: May 19, 2007, 01:37:21 PM »
you should put out a no pain no gain bodybuilding video

Yeah, include the part of him passing out at the front desk and the ambulance ride to the hospital.

Name it "The Wimps guide to Hardcore Training Injuries"

Kamali can offer tips to avoid injuries such as 12 spotters for Tricep Kickbacks.

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: May 19, 2007, 02:15:02 PM »
DAMN DUDE!

Your MAAAAaaaa

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • GETBIGS MINISTER OF SEXUAL HEALTH
« Reply #43 on: May 19, 2007, 02:34:17 PM »
Read under my avatar. I'm not messing around with that message.

Well fuck off to another board then you stupid gay fucker. Maybe www.Iamagayskinnyqueer.c om will suit you

Nobody gives a shit about your avatar nerd

ta ta
Pm me for STI advice @ NO COST

figgs

• Getbig IV
  • from realization to infinity
« Reply #44 on: May 19, 2007, 02:38:16 PM »
Cool stories! Of course I'm the only sick fuck who would snap some shots of the injury.

So I've been thinking about how to get back onto a workout routine and I figured it would be something like this:

legs- same deal (minus SLDL)
back-machine pullovers
chest- presses and machine flyes
bis- cable curls using wrist straps
shoulders- presses and machine side laterals
tri-presses
cardio- (anything but jump rope)

I'm going to try to stick to machines so I don't have to tighten my grip for anything like balance or whatever.

Any other suggestions?

Thx

~

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #45 on: May 19, 2007, 02:39:19 PM »
Cool stories! Of course I'm the only sick fuck who would snap some shots of the injury.

So I've been thinking about how to get back onto a workout routine and I figured it would be something like this:

legs- same deal (minus SLDL)
back-machine pullovers
chest- presses and machine flyes
bis- cable curls using wrist straps
shoulders- presses and machine side laterals
tri-presses
cardio- (anything but jump rope)

I'm going to try to stick to machines so I don't have to tighten my grip for anything like balance or whatever.

Any other suggestions?

Thx

Search out any and all things 'Hammer'.

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #46 on: May 19, 2007, 02:42:26 PM »
why does onlyme post the most disgusting pics on earth? what the fuck is wrong with you? seriously. a mod should delete that immediately.

Its a natural thing.  Do you tell your mom it is disgusting :D

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #47 on: May 19, 2007, 02:44:39 PM »
Its a natural thing.  Do you tell your mom it is disgusting :D

I do!

Do I know it happens, of course, but I still don't want to see it.

Never trust anything that bleeds for 5 days and doesn't die.

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: May 19, 2007, 02:48:08 PM »
fuck me that;s hardcore :o :o

I wish you a speedy recovery mate.

CARTEL

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: May 19, 2007, 02:54:07 PM »
What is hardcore about dropping a dumbell on your finger and being rushed to the hospital  ???

I don't get it. Hardcore would've been to finish your workout and then drive yourself to the E.R.

Am I wrong here?