Author Topic: OK...seriously getting frustrated!  (Read 2953 times)

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
Re: OK...seriously getting frustrated!
« Reply #25 on: May 25, 2007, 04:38:24 AM »
How long ya` been training bro?

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #26 on: May 25, 2007, 04:39:31 AM »
I might go back and ry that 8 x 8 routine this winter.....haven`t done it in decades.

10x10 and 6x6 is also good depending on your goals.

A very tough way to train to say the very least..........we`re talking INTENSE & PAINFUL !!

lilwoday09smb

• Getbig III
« Reply #27 on: May 25, 2007, 08:04:28 AM »
sorry well ive been training on my own for about 2 years, before that i wrestled in college and lifted with the team but we only did compound movments wich was great but my legs and back exploded and my arms did not catch up. also while wrestling in college i was bad about my diet. i would starve and run like most wrestlers to make weight and i think this messed up my metabolism. i was naturally about 175 but wrestled at 152-156 and i would cut about 10 pounds for every meet.

jpm101

• Getbig IV
« Reply #28 on: May 25, 2007, 08:42:48 AM »
JonS: Actually the original concept of 8X8's was doing  that for only one exercise or two (at the most) per muscle group. Example:A compound movement like  BP's for chest, doing 8 set's of 8 reps. And than, if you must, following that with another chest exercise, but it was usually an extension exercise, like pec decks, cable flys, etc. with the same 8X8 scheme. All exercises a faster pace, of say 45 to 60 second set breaks. This gives you 16 sets. That 32 set thing can be self destructive. Which ever set scheme you try, go very easy at first. Break your CNS in slowly.

Might try going to www.t-nation.com and do a search on Gironda, which will have (last time I looked) a very good article on Vince's training style and thoughts. Can buy his short courses on the net and get more insight. Things like 'V" bar dips, Sissy squats, real Roman chair work, Preacher Bench curls (had to be an exact angle & chest jammed into the top of the bench), special delt (highlighting the lateral raise) movements, calf training, etc. The thing about Gironda's methods, and the BB'ers who followed than, was the impressive delt/pec tie-in, large, wide and full delts (all three heads) and full belly biceps. Gironda also started the low carb diet structure a long time ago. His favorite meals usually included steak and eggs. To him, the perfect combination  for muscle gains. I agree here.

We don't seem to have many free thinkers today as we did with him and other back in the day. Everything tends to be with-in the box thinking as far as training and diet goes for BB'ing. Repeating the same old things. (same thing on this site) Could use a new Italian renaissance man now, as Gironda was.

One thing about T-nations is that they will have a lot of  stuff from coaches, trainers and BB'ers themselves that may not fit the general mold of present training ideas. Some work, but a lot will not be suited for everyone. (though T-nation does have their new super-duper supplement product every three months or so..at a special price offer...got to pay the bills I guess)  New ideas and starting the thinking process can be worth it's weight in gold for any BB'er who really wants steady progress, for the labor he puts in at any gym. I wish GetBig could be that way. Good luck.
F

Mike

• Getbig IV
« Reply #29 on: May 28, 2007, 01:16:46 PM »
JonS: Actually the original concept of 8X8's was doing  that for only one exercise or two (at the most) per muscle group. Example:A compound movement like  BP's for chest, doing 8 set's of 8 reps. And than, if you must, following that with another chest exercise, but it was usually an extension exercise, like pec decks, cable flys, etc. with the same 8X8 scheme. All exercises a faster pace, of say 45 to 60 second set breaks. This gives you 16 sets. That 32 set thing can be self destructive. Which ever set scheme you try, go very easy at first. Break your CNS in slowly.

Might try going to www.t-nation.com and do a search on Gironda, which will have (last time I looked) a very good article on Vince's training style and thoughts. Can buy his short courses on the net and get more insight. Things like 'V" bar dips, Sissy squats, real Roman chair work, Preacher Bench curls (had to be an exact angle & chest jammed into the top of the bench), special delt (highlighting the lateral raise) movements, calf training, etc. The thing about Gironda's methods, and the BB'ers who followed than, was the impressive delt/pec tie-in, large, wide and full delts (all three heads) and full belly biceps. Gironda also started the low carb diet structure a long time ago. His favorite meals usually included steak and eggs. To him, the perfect combination  for muscle gains. I agree here.

We don't seem to have many free thinkers today as we did with him and other back in the day. Everything tends to be with-in the box thinking as far as training and diet goes for BB'ing. Repeating the same old things. (same thing on this site) Could use a new Italian renaissance man now, as Gironda was.

One thing about T-nations is that they will have a lot of  stuff from coaches, trainers and BB'ers themselves that may not fit the general mold of present training ideas. Some work, but a lot will not be suited for everyone. (though T-nation does have their new super-duper supplement product every three months or so..at a special price offer...got to pay the bills I guess)  New ideas and starting the thinking process can be worth it's weight in gold for any BB'er who really wants steady progress, for the labor he puts in at any gym. I wish GetBig could be that way. Good luck.

Charles Poliquinn, Mike Boyle, JC Santana, Gary Gray, Gray Cook are my favorites.  I do think they are taking working out back to a more basic level and making it more fun.  Gone are the days where Bodybuilding ruled in the gyms and there is a new trend of athletisism, balance and fitness that is taking over, and it is better for everyone.

I think T-nation is a great place for sound training/nutritional advice about common topics and misconceptions.