Author Topic: MD Radio 2 Hours - going into PBW Radio's time space  (Read 9478 times)

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
Re: MD Radio 2 Hours - going into PBW Radio's time space
« Reply #25 on: May 24, 2007, 12:56:17 PM »
According to Muscular Development owner, Steve Blechman, “This new extended format gives us the perfect opportunity to have an open call-in segment.  For the first time in bodybuilding radio history, listeners will have a chance to interact with their idols, LIVE!  As we all know, listener interaction, ultimately, leads to a greater sense of community!”

Idols?

Matt C

• Getbig V
  • The White Vince Goodrum
« Reply #26 on: May 24, 2007, 12:56:22 PM »
Good old competition.  Let the consumer choose their preferred product.  Both products will have to continue improving, innovating and whatever to keep the sponsors happy and keep the consumer listening.  There are benefits for the consumer in this.

In theory yes.  But I think it is pretty well inevitable that PBW will be the preferred product.
Bodybuilding Pro.com

Matt C

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: May 24, 2007, 12:58:03 PM »
Our show sucks anyway, so why do you care?

For your information, the 6pm time slot wasn't available.....so 8pm was all we had to work with.  We couldn't let this opportunity slip by. . .  over the last 3 weeks, our listening audience has skyrocketted.

Besides, people have the option to download the shows later and listen at their leisure.  What's the big deal?

I think the concern is that MD did this intentionally.  This type of cutthroat business will probably hurt bodybuilding more than it will help.
Bodybuilding Pro.com

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #28 on: May 24, 2007, 12:59:19 PM »
over the last 3 weeks, our listening audience has skyrocketted.

To what do you attribute this recent jump in listenership, Dave?

thisiskeith12

« Reply #29 on: May 24, 2007, 01:00:28 PM »
Pro Bodybuilding Weekly is broadcasted on over 62 FM and AM terrestial U.S. radio stations along with Sirius Satellite Radio, the Armed Forces Network (heard in over 170 countries), and online at BodybuildingRadio.com.

swilkins1984

• Getbig IV
« Reply #30 on: May 24, 2007, 01:03:48 PM »
I thought with Shawn as a PBW representative and former Weider athlete appearing on No Bull that some of the barriers between the shows were being taken down but I guess I was wrong.  

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #31 on: May 24, 2007, 01:04:36 PM »

For your information, the 6pm time slot wasn't available.....so 8pm was all we had to work with.  We couldn't let this opportunity slip by. . .  over the last 3 weeks, our listening audience has skyrocketted.

Besides, people have the option to download the shows later and listen at their leisure.  What's the big deal?

The problem is that it does interfere with PBW.  I actually like both but if I had a choice I'd rather listen to Bob Chick and Dan Soloman than Greg Valentino and John Romano.  And playing it at a later time isn't the same as live.  

BTW, hows the work with Billy Guns going, he's out 2 days so I'm sure he's taking his dieturics now.
A

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #32 on: May 24, 2007, 01:05:00 PM »
Besides, people have the option to download the shows later and listen at their leisure.  What's the big deal?

The big deal is that the fan base is small as it is, and splitting it up on a 'live' broadcast isnt cool. Yes, everyone can download it, but the perception is that this looked premeditated.  It is like having two football games on at the same time, with only two to choose from. Simple logic.

Spicy Shushi

• Getbig III
  • KNOW HOMO?
« Reply #33 on: May 24, 2007, 01:06:14 PM »
Finally Padumbo says something that makes sense.

This is an attempt to breathe life into a dying corpse.

Anyone else notice that titanic.com is redirecting to MuscularDevelopment.com?

Enjoy your dish...

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: May 24, 2007, 01:15:14 PM »
Idols?

I was thinking the same thing lol, like hell do I idolize anybody, fans maybe but that's it.

UK Gold

• Getbig IV
  • Riding on the Getbig wind
« Reply #35 on: May 24, 2007, 01:24:53 PM »
This blatant attempt to attack PBBW is disgusting, and it shows the mentality of the clowns behind MD. Chick has his faults [a vendetta against Dorian, a hatred of Milos, a very close 'friendship' with Shawn etc], but he is an excellent radio host that knows his subject and can speak with assurance and dignity. Compare that to Palumbo and his tranny banging, drug dealing pals. MD will lose this one, and i won't be at all surprised if the magazine eventually folds as well.

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #36 on: May 24, 2007, 01:26:47 PM »
which show is sean on...i'll switch to the other

best

• Getbig II
  • Team MD!!!
« Reply #37 on: May 24, 2007, 01:34:41 PM »
Good old competition.  Let the consumer choose their preferred product.  Both products will have to continue improving, innovating and whatever to keep the sponsors happy and keep the consumer listening.  There are benefits for the consumer in this.

Solid post. 

But really, who is anyone kidding?  There has always been competition between the programs.  There is no getting around that.  Same day, different day, no matter.  To think otherwise is foolish. 

It's obvious that our show seems to draw the venom out of the people on this board.  That being the case, for those of you who wish to continue to focus on elaborate and ribald tales of the past, knock yourselves out.  You're obviously not interested in listening to the show anyway, so please don't. 

For anyone here who is smart enough to read between the lines of the posts that bash us, I invite you to give our extended and informative format a listen.  You'll find yourself pleasantly surprised. 

:) 
MuscularDevelopment.com

Jerome

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #38 on: May 24, 2007, 01:35:15 PM »

I agree
I download both shows so that I skip the ads

Matt C

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: May 24, 2007, 01:46:42 PM »
I agree
I download both shows so that I skip the ads

Same here.
Bodybuilding Pro.com

west coast willie

• Getbig II
« Reply #40 on: May 24, 2007, 02:50:06 PM »

I invite you to give our extended and informative format a listen.  You'll find yourself pleasantly surprised. 

sorry bro. i tried to listen to the MD show the other night. One of the hosts was ramblin about mexican women and some other bullsshit. I turned it off after like 5 minutes.  Thumbs way down.

Blockhead

• Toms
  • Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: May 24, 2007, 03:15:09 PM »

"...listeners will have a chance to interact with their idols.."

Ba ha ha ha ha!

Bodybuilders aren't like other "Professional Athletes". They're as accessible as your next door neighborhood.

"idols". Hahahahaha!
?

AVBG

« Reply #42 on: May 24, 2007, 04:30:59 PM »
I dont think its really a competition, even though MD would like us to think that it is.

They make claims about their listenership going up, but the reality is that when PBW airs each week, everyone is talking and discussing the content of the show.  On the other hand, you never hear anyone talking about No Bull Radio (except a few loyal MD supporters). 

Even when they had Shawn Ray on, it was like it never even happened.  No disrespect to MD, but they should really try to get the first hour right before they add another one.

swilkins1984

• Getbig IV
« Reply #43 on: May 24, 2007, 04:47:44 PM »
This blatant attempt to attack PBBW is disgusting, and it shows the mentality of the clowns behind MD. Chick has his faults [a vendetta against Dorian, a hatred of Milos, a very close 'friendship' with Shawn etc], but he is an excellent radio host that knows his subject and can speak with assurance and dignity. Compare that to Palumbo and his tranny banging, drug dealing pals. MD will lose this one, and i won't be at all surprised if the magazine eventually folds as well.

Huh? If Bob has a "vendetta" against Dorian because he thinks that Dorian may not have been the clear winner on each of those 6 wins then he has a vendetta with Ronnie, Haney, and Franco because each of them he has said could have been defeated on different occasions. As for Milos, it just seems like a heated debate but far from hatred.

thisiskeith12

« Reply #44 on: May 24, 2007, 06:52:33 PM »
Again...

Pro Bodybuilding Weekly is broadcasted on over 62 FM and AM terrestial U.S. radio stations along with Sirius Satellite Radio, the Armed Forces Network (heard in over 170 countries), and online at BodybuildingRadio.com.

Hope this helps! :D

Spicy Shushi

• Getbig III
  • KNOW HOMO?
« Reply #45 on: May 24, 2007, 07:37:08 PM »
Again...

Hope this helps! :D
Go to bed kid.
Enjoy your dish...

Spicy Shushi

• Getbig III
  • KNOW HOMO?
« Reply #46 on: May 24, 2007, 07:59:41 PM »

Solid post. 

But really, who is anyone kidding?  There has always been competition between the programs.  There is no getting around that.  Same day, different day, no matter.  To think otherwise is foolish. 

It's obvious that our show seems to draw the venom out of the people on this board.  That being the case, for those of you who wish to continue to focus on elaborate and ribald tales of the past, knock yourselves out.  You're obviously not interested in listening to the show anyway, so please don't. 

For anyone here who is smart enough to read between the lines of the posts that bash us, I invite you to give our extended and informative format a listen.  You'll find yourself pleasantly surprised. 

Anyone who is smart enough knows no one listens to MD Radio. Why would you come on getbig to defend yourselves if you didn't care? MD is obessesed with Getbig and what is being said about them.

You sunk your own battleship before the battle began.

Enjoy your dish...

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
« Reply #47 on: May 24, 2007, 08:24:06 PM »
Dave is a good guy and I honestly like the show, he does a good job imo. Not as good as Bob and Dan, but the shows are very different and I listen to them both every Monday. That being said, whatever lame brain came up with this idea obviously doesn't care about the real BBing fans. True, most readers of MD probably don't even log onto the site or listen to the show, but the hardcore BBing fans should be treated better than this. We know why they are doing this, and it is not helping the "Muscle Mob" from a PR standpoint.
E

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
« Reply #48 on: May 24, 2007, 08:30:38 PM »

It's obvious that our show seems to draw the venom out of the people on this board.   

If it is so obvious, then why do you guys constantly spam Getbig? Ron stickey's Daves Threads about the MD show every week(or allows them to be stickeyed anyway), yet you guys at MD don't even allow your members to link to Getbig. Perhaps if you changed your policies and treated Ron(GB) as well as he treats you guys, there would not be as much venom?
E

siouxcountry

• Getbig IV
  • Team Ripitupbaby!
« Reply #49 on: May 24, 2007, 08:33:37 PM »
The big deal is that the fan base is small as it is, and splitting it up on a 'live' broadcast isnt cool. Yes, everyone can download it, but the perception is that this looked premeditated.  It is like having two football games on at the same time, with only two to choose from. Simple logic.

Ron "bodybuilding.com" Avidan  ::)