Author Topic: MD Radio 2 Hours - going into PBW Radio's time space  (Read 9477 times)

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
  • http://www.liftstudios.com
MD Radio 2 Hours - going into PBW Radio's time space
« on: May 24, 2007, 12:14:56 PM »
MD radio takes a direct jab at Getbig supported Pro Bodybuilding Weekly by extending into a second hour. What will happen when no one calls in because bodybuilding fans are listening to PBW?

According to co-host John Romano, “The new two-hour format gives us the freedom to delve deeper into the psyche of our guests.  It will loosen up the show.  It’ll also allow us to have in-depth segments on nutrition and supplements.”

According to Muscular Development owner, Steve Blechman, “This new extended format gives us the perfect opportunity to have an open call-in segment.  For the first time in bodybuilding radio history, listeners will have a chance to interact with their idols, LIVE!  As we all know, listener interaction, ultimately, leads to a greater sense of community!”
Elevate Your Image.™

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: MD Radio attempts to take on PBW
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2007, 12:16:07 PM »
For the first time in bodybuilding radio history, listeners will have a chance to interact with their idols, LIVE!  

Second time, actually.

PBW originally had a call-in segment, didn't they?

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2007, 12:17:47 PM »
they can have 24-7 for what i care. put someone like adonis on there and he can talk for hours on his diet round it up with vince goodrum who talks so slow that he need a few hours just to get his point across

sky is the limit
Z

thisiskeith12

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2007, 12:18:21 PM »
Second time, actually.

PBW originally had a call-in segment, didn't they?

Yes in fact they did.

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2007, 12:18:35 PM »
MD radio takes a direct jab at Getbig supported Pro Bodybuilding Weekly by extending into a second hour. As if listening to tranny talk and anal sex wasn't enough in one hour, listeners now get two hours. What will happen when no one calls in because bodybuilding fans are listening to PBW?

According to co-host John Romano, “The new two-hour format gives us the freedom to delve deeper into the psyche of our guests.  It will loosen up the show.  It’ll also allow us to have in-depth segments on nutrition and supplements.”

According to Muscular Development owner, Steve Blechman, “This new extended format gives us the perfect opportunity to have an open call-in segment.  For the first time in bodybuilding radio history, listeners will have a chance to interact with their idols, LIVE!  As we all know, listener interaction, ultimately, leads to a greater sense of community!”

HAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
HAHA, RON.....

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
MD Radio 2 Hours - going into PBW Radios time space
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2007, 12:19:34 PM »

MD NO BULL RADIO, co-hosted by John Romano and Dave Palumbo, has extended its show’s format to 2 hours starting this Monday May 28, 2007 (7pm EST).  Due to popular demand and an increased listenership over the last several weeks, The Muscle Mob has decided to extend its “shroud of influence” into the uncharted waters of a multi-hour radio show. 

While I have no problem with this move expanding into two hours, I think it is grossly unfair for the Muscle Mob to blatantly attack Pro Bodybuilding Radio's time slot by expanding directly into theirs.

There are 168 hours in a week, and yet, this was chosen to attack the one hour per week that PBW is on.  It was nice to be able to go ahead and listen to No Bull for one hour and then PBW for the other room, but this move, attacking and trying to split the very fans that we all covet, is not cool.

Perhaps one hour earlier would solve the problem. Can you think about doing that???

Now, yes, we can all download it, and listen to it later, but as a PR move, splitting the audience, or trying to just isnt cool.

Keep this discussion focused please.

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2007, 12:19:55 PM »
Bodybuilding radio ::)

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
Re: MD Radio 2 Hours - going into PBW Radios time space
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2007, 12:21:54 PM »

While I have no problem with this move expanding into two hours, I think it is grossly unfair for the Muscle Mob to blatantly attack Pro Bodybuilding Radio's time slot by expanding directly into theirs.

There are 168 hours in a week, and yet, this was chosen to attack the one hour per week that PBW is on.  It was nice to be able to go ahead and listen to No Bull for one hour and then PBW for the other room, but this move, attacking and trying to split the very fans that we all covet, is not cool.

Perhaps one hour earlier would solve the problem. Can you think about doing that???

Now, yes, we can all download it, and listen to it later, but as a PR move, splitting the audience, or trying to just isnt cool.

Keep this discussion focused please.

And this surprises you?

Lee_a_priest

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2007, 12:24:32 PM »
MD radio takes a direct jab at Getbig supported Pro Bodybuilding Weekly by extending into a second hour. As if listening to tranny talk and anal sex wasn't enough in one hour, listeners now get two hours. What will happen when no one calls in because bodybuilding fans are listening to PBW?

MD RADIO IS GOING DOWN THE TUBE............THROW SOME MORE MONEY IT THAT AND THE WEBSITE........

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2007, 12:25:36 PM »

Yes it does - a little.  We are all here to promote the sport, and think of the fans. Not break down with having the fans to choose exactly at the same time of the day one hour a week. 

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2007, 12:27:48 PM »
It is beyond me why these guys cannot pull together, each of them swear they want to push Bodybuilding promote it the best way possible and than this ::)

What else would you expect from a bunch of guys that call themself the Muscle Mob ::)

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2007, 12:28:04 PM »
Yes it does - a little.  We are all here to promote the sport, and think of the fans. Not break down with having the fans to choose exactly at the same time of the day one hour a week. 

I beleive the fans have already made their choice...Like a tree in the forrest, my friend..! ;D

Colossus_1986

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2007, 12:28:39 PM »
MD RADIO IS GOING DOWN THE TUBE............THROW SOME MORE MONEY IT THAT AND THE WEBSITE........

i never listened to a single episode...i saw the ship sinking from Day 1

Lee_a_priest

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2007, 12:29:02 PM »
It is beyond me why these guys cannot pull together, each of them swear they want to push Bodybuilding promote it the best way possible and than this ::)

What else would you expect from a bunch of guys that call themself the Muscle Mob ::)

ITS A SINKING SHIP.......THATS WHY I JUMPED OFF........:)

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2007, 12:29:56 PM »
ITS A SINKING SHIT.......THATS WHY I JUMPED OFF........:)
Are you saying the the PDI is a 'SAILING SHIP' Lee_a_Preist ?>
L

Matt C

• Getbig V
  • The White Vince Goodrum
« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2007, 12:32:36 PM »
This is what Ryan Deluca gets for putting 100% of all bodybuilding.com's profits back into the website up until 2003.  Bodybuilding.com is a giant which will never be matched.

It would be like trying to beat myspace or youtube - you just can't.  And money can't buy it either.  Youtube came out of nowhere and has twice the traffic that myspace does which was a beast already around forever.  Some things you just can't replicate with money or effort.  For example, amazon.com tried the auction format and failed miserably, despite pouring millions of dollars into it.
Bodybuilding Pro.com

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2007, 12:33:08 PM »
What makes me laugh is the fact that you all act like you are super surprised :D :D

Come on guys anybody working for Flex MD or BB.com would gladly stab you in the back if they see an advantage for themself, this is business and there is money to be made, all that fake camaraderie is just fucking Bullshit and I want to puke blood when I see them all hugging each other and playing good friends and than later on stab each other in the back online ::)

Face it fellas most Pro Bodybuilders are blessed with good genetics but not much brain.

ITS A SINKING SHIP.......THATS WHY I JUMPED OFF........:)

That and the fact that you are an outspoken person made me believe a long time ago that you are defiantly not belong to the category of BB I just described above, the way you did that thing was questionable but you did damn good to leave leave the sinking ship.

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
  • http://www.liftstudios.com
« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2007, 12:36:43 PM »
This is what Ryan Deluca gets for putting 100% of all bodybuilding.com's profits back into the website up until 2003.  Bodybuilding.com is a giant which will never be matched.

It would be like trying to beat myspace or youtube - you just can't.  And money can't buy it either.  Youtube came out of nowhere and has twice the traffic that myspace does which was a beast already around forever.  Some things you just can't replicate with money or effort.  For example, amazon.com tried the auction format and failed miserably, despite pouring millions of dollars into it.
What the heck does this have to do with the radio shows. Put down your pipe brudda.
Elevate Your Image.™

west coast willie

• Getbig II
« Reply #18 on: May 24, 2007, 12:37:19 PM »
i know a fella who works close with Muscular Development. He said the mag is run like a circus.  With that radio program they keep tryin different ways to make it work. Aint nobody seems to listen to it.    

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: MD Radio 2 Hours - going into PBW Radio's time space
« Reply #19 on: May 24, 2007, 12:38:09 PM »
Flex MD or BB.com would gladly stab you in the back if they see an advantage for themself, this is business and there is money to be made,

Business is business, but bad PR isnt good either. After all, fans are fans, and this just seems not good for the fans. We do have a right to discuss and debate this.  How many bodybuilding radio shows are there? Two.

He said the mag is run like a circus. 

Leave that crap out of this. They bring out an issue every month, and it is fine.  Stop bashing, stick to the topic and focus on the issue.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #20 on: May 24, 2007, 12:40:53 PM »
What the heck does this have to do with the radio shows. Put down your pipe brudda.

matt never misses an opportunity to invent a reason to interject the greatness that is BBing.com :)

And on his point - the great ones in the *real world* last for decades.  Online, not so much - yet.  Google can and proabbly will be outdone by an easier, cooler, more fun engine.  Ever seen that search engine where the hot girl talks to you while you search? (Anyone have the link? It's great).  Someone, somewhere will duplicate google's search algorhythm while at the same time giving you your NBA, hot girls, chess match, or whatever floats your boat.  And they will take over.  Same with their sister youtube - the class action suits for copyright infringement could crush them.  And it just takes one person with a good idea to outdo myspace and their lame friend layout system.

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: May 24, 2007, 12:43:52 PM »
Business is business, but bad PR isnt good either. After all, fans are fans, and this just seems not good for the fans. We do have a right to discuss and debate this.  How many bodybuilding radio shows are there? Two.

You just prooved my point Ron, there are 2... only 2 Radio shows and these two shows (think how small they are, they maybe even call each other on the phone, I cannot imagine them having a studio) like 20 people cannot pull together to make this somewhat enjoyable ::)

It's childish and pathetic imho.

Matt C

• Getbig V
  • The White Vince Goodrum
« Reply #22 on: May 24, 2007, 12:49:38 PM »

Speaking of off topic: Isaac, remember when you said drugs should be prohibited?  Epic not realizing prohibition doesn't work.  ;D  Actually, it worked for Al Capone - and the thousands left dead in his wake.  It didn't work to actually stop alcohol related problems though.  :)  Hope this helps.

Here:

matt never misses an opportunity to invent a reason to interject the greatness that is BBing.com :)

Word!!!

MD is shooting themselves in the foot here.  I like MD, but bodybuilding.com pulled their ads with MD due to other issues and BB.com is not exactly an entity you want to be enemies with if you plan to be a part of the bodybuilding industry.  MD's radio show would do better if they tried to make friends with the PBW team.
Bodybuilding Pro.com

Saxon

• Getbig IV
  • Heavy Metal Thunder
« Reply #23 on: May 24, 2007, 12:51:17 PM »
Good old competition.  Let the consumer choose their preferred product.  Both products will have to continue improving, innovating and whatever to keep the sponsors happy and keep the consumer listening.  There are benefits for the consumer in this.

huge285

• Competitors
  • Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #24 on: May 24, 2007, 12:56:03 PM »
Our show sucks anyway, so why do you care?

For your information, the 6pm time slot wasn't available.....so 8pm was all we had to work with.  We couldn't let this opportunity slip by. . .  over the last 3 weeks, our listening audience has skyrocketted.

Besides, people have the option to download the shows later and listen at their leisure.  What's the big deal?