Author Topic: Palumbo Diet...ur 2 cents  (Read 5989 times)

Tier

• Getbig III
  • Lift light with sloppy form
Re: Palumbo Diet...ur 2 cents
« Reply #25 on: June 05, 2007, 03:11:48 AM »
my 2c is that it works and should only be used for a limited time, however the diet isnot functionally sound for trainers that are less than 200% committed or have lives and families/kids outside of bodybuilding.

How is eating low carb veges/berries , meat/fish/eggs/cheese , oils/fats NOT functional let alone a piece of piss to stick too?

Probably healthier than 99% of the population...

Tier

• Getbig III
« Reply #26 on: June 05, 2007, 03:14:51 AM »
The Palumbo is not a good diet for bodybuilding because once the body is in ketosis the first source of fuel it will look for is muscle. Fat is harder for the body to use as fuel than muscle so the body will use the excess muscle (the body wants to maintain a homestasis, in which there is no need for excessive muscle) for fuel first then turn to stored fat. It is good diet if you are on the juice however.

So your saying that if your macros are 65% fat , 30% protein , 5% carbs that the body will use muscle for energy?  ::)

Have you researched your claim at all , or is this just what someone else told u?

AZbodybuilder

• Competitors II
  • Getbig II
« Reply #27 on: June 05, 2007, 08:09:44 AM »
Well, maybe i wrote it a little provocative, but overall speaking, it's the truth.

I see guys in my gym all the time, they have NO clue about nutrition, they just change around their roids.
Some winny and tren, T3 and ECA when they need to be ripped, Deca, Boldenone or whatever for bulking.

Face it, and even gh15 admits it, if you are on the right things, you can eat whatever you want, as long as it has enough protein.
I agree you can definatly get away with a lot more than you can being natural. You still have to watch your carbs to get shredded.  I wish I could eat pizza pre contest !

Dredlock Rasta

• Getbig III
  • Can't trust shadows after dark
« Reply #28 on: June 05, 2007, 11:10:53 AM »
So your saying that if your macros are 65% fat , 30% protein , 5% carbs that the body will use muscle for energy?  ::)

Have you researched your claim at all , or is this just what someone else told u?

You it will, muscle, especially excessive muscle that the body doesn't need (which bodybuilders seek to hold onto while dieting), is a more efficient source of fuel than stored fat. The body will use the muscle first.
Don't let em fool ya

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #29 on: June 05, 2007, 03:09:21 PM »
Its not functional if you have kids and a wife who don't want to get to ketosis  ;) ..
Who's making them? Why do all of them have to eat the same way? I know, more convenient, but even so.

You it will, muscle, especially excessive muscle that the body doesn't need (which bodybuilders seek to hold onto while dieting), is a more efficient source of fuel than stored fat. The body will use the muscle first.
I don't think you quite understand how ketones work. When in ketosis, keytones become the easiest most efficient fuel source for the body to use.

According to what you're saying, muscle loss would occur no matter what type of diet you ran. If the body doesn't want excessive muscle, homeostasis, then on any low cal diet you would first burn muscle...obviously this isn't true, the body first searches for glucose, but when it becomes accustomed to it not being there it searches for ketones which are now being produced at a much greater rate. Ketone's (fats) are just another energy source, that's all.

littleguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: June 05, 2007, 05:08:53 PM »

Actually you are furthest from the truth....Fat yields 9 calories where Carbs/Pro yield 4 calories of energy. So if your body is is depleted of Carbs which nutrient will it seek out next? Fats as it will yield a better energy exchange...

Again it is a slow progress but it is soo much better than the 20 gm atkins diet. Again I feel more alert and am more contious (sp) of my eating. I am having little if any processed foods, and  no un-necessary sugars....

Dredlock Rasta

• Getbig III
  • Can't trust shadows after dark
« Reply #31 on: June 05, 2007, 06:23:59 PM »
Who's making them? Why do all of them have to eat the same way? I know, more convenient, but even so.

I don't think you quite understand how ketones work. When in ketosis, keytones become the easiest most efficient fuel source for the body to use.

According to what you're saying, muscle loss would occur no matter what type of diet you ran. If the body doesn't want excessive muscle, homeostasis, then on any low cal diet you would first burn muscle...obviously this isn't true, the body first searches for glucose, but when it becomes accustomed to it not being there it searches for ketones which are now being produced at a much greater rate. Ketone's (fats) are just another energy source, that's all.

So would ya'll say that this diet is the best for cutting?
Don't let em fool ya

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #32 on: June 05, 2007, 06:26:15 PM »

I would say this. Bare in mind the old saying though, what works for some may not work for others, but in this case, I believe the "others" would fall into a very small minority.

busyB

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Have a Nice Day!
« Reply #33 on: June 05, 2007, 07:05:33 PM »

Without a doubt. The definition of Supplement = in addition to

Therefore, no supplement will take the place of a sound diet. And AJ is right, depends on the individual. Competed on very low carbs, high fat and lost lots of muscle, I just handle carbs better than most..sorry, just lucky that way!

Some competitors I have getting ready for shows look at a grain of rice and swell up so everyone is differant!!

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #34 on: June 05, 2007, 08:19:49 PM »
Without a doubt. The definition of Supplement = in addition to

Therefore, no supplement will take the place of a sound diet. And AJ is right, depends on the individual. Competed on very low carbs, high fat and lost lots of muscle, I just handle carbs better than most..sorry, just lucky that way!

Some competitors I have getting ready for shows look at a grain of rice and swell up so everyone is differant!!
Just to clarify, this diet only works correctly if you're basically at no carbs, not 'low" carbs. You still take in a few carbs indirectly from nuts, and peanutbutter, but for the purpose of ketosis it works. Anything that takes you over 50g of carbs per day is going to make this type of diet a failure...for some, 50g may even be too high, they may not be able to go over 30g.

busyB

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Have a Nice Day!
« Reply #35 on: June 05, 2007, 08:50:52 PM »
Just to clarify, this diet only works correctly if you're basically at no carbs, not 'low" carbs. You still take in a few carbs indirectly from nuts, and peanutbutter, but for the purpose of ketosis it works. Anything that takes you over 50g of carbs per day is going to make this type of diet a failure...for some, 50g may even be too high, they may not be able to go over 30g.

Yes, low for me was under or about 50 g. Traces from other foods and fiberous carbs, measure ketones in piss, whole 9 yards .. I understand all about this type of dieting and know the differance betweeen "low" and "no" carbs....impossible to get no carbs and would not want to unless you wanted you pipes all backed up. Was pointing out my experience was a miserable one, just my .2

littleguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: June 06, 2007, 02:13:09 PM »
Like any diet it alone will not work totally, need to add lifting as well as cardio, I'll tell you tho when I do get any carbs in me, usually take a few teaspons of low sugar applesauce before a workout....give me such a surge...

Again cant forget lots of water, fiber and perhaps a good multi to replace things like Vit C, Calcium and other important minerals..

Knives

• Getbig III
« Reply #37 on: June 06, 2007, 04:09:50 PM »
Well, maybe i wrote it a little provocative, but overall speaking, it's the truth.

I see guys in my gym all the time, they have NO clue about nutrition, they just change around their roids.
Some winny and tren, T3 and ECA when they need to be ripped, Deca, Boldenone or whatever for bulking.

Face it, and even gh15 admits it, if you are on the right things, you can eat whatever you want, as long as it has enough protein.

He has said that stuff like T3 will get you ripped if you eat pizza, etc, but he also has recommended against that and says that it's optimal to eat right as opposed to using drugs that you don't need

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #38 on: June 07, 2007, 01:28:50 AM »
He has said that stuff like T3 will get you ripped if you eat pizza, etc, but he also has recommended against that and says that it's optimal to eat right as opposed to using drugs that you don't need

Optimal, but not necessary, as as opposed to naturals.  ;)

littleguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: June 07, 2007, 06:06:10 AM »
Question for anyone on low carb diets,

after your workout do you carb load at all (just the one meal) or continue the diet with minimal carbs....

jmt1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #40 on: June 07, 2007, 06:23:54 AM »

there is a difference between a guy using t3, hgh, clen, dnp, ect., to assist in keeping fat gains down while not dieting,  and a guy who is trying to get ripped

for a show.  the idea that a bodybuilder can use these drugs to get in contest shape without having to diet is completely ridiculous.  i have been lucky enough to

come up in a gym that has turned out alot of pros and top level npc guys.  ive seen first hand how hard they train and diet in contest prep mode regardless of

any drugs they may be using.  

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #41 on: June 07, 2007, 02:11:25 PM »
Question for anyone on low carb diets,

after your workout do you carb load at all (just the one meal) or continue the diet with minimal carbs....
No carbs, which means no carb loading, no post workout carbs...you would never be able to get into ketosis doing that.

Tier

• Getbig III
« Reply #42 on: June 07, 2007, 04:39:34 PM »
continue the diet with minimal carbs....

• Getbig III
« Reply #43 on: June 07, 2007, 07:18:22 PM »
I'm starting this diet Sunday at 6:00pm.  Kinda.  Gonna do Body Opus.  Bought more Bronkaid today so I'm ready to go.

Where do you guys like to get your source of fat from?  I'm planning on eating a lot of chicken breasts, tuna, and whole eggs.
Ron Paul 2012

Rearden Metal

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Honey Badger cuz he don't Care.
« Reply #44 on: June 08, 2007, 07:53:18 AM »
I'm starting this diet Sunday at 6:00pm.  Kinda.  Gonna do Body Opus.  Bought more Bronkaid today so I'm ready to go.

Where do you guys like to get your source of fat from?  I'm planning on eating a lot of chicken breasts, tuna, and whole eggs.

Whole eggs, almonds, cashews, peanut butter and olive oil.

Rearden Metal

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Honey Badger cuz he don't Care.
« Reply #45 on: June 08, 2007, 07:56:05 AM »
there is a difference between a guy using t3, hgh, clen, dnp, ect., to assist in keeping fat gains down while not dieting,  and a guy who is trying to get ripped

for a show.  the idea that a bodybuilder can use these drugs to get in contest shape without having to diet is completely ridiculous.  i have been lucky enough to

come up in a gym that has turned out alot of pros and top level npc guys.  ive seen first hand how hard they train and diet in contest prep mode regardless of

any drugs they may be using.  

What gh15 fails to mention is that a lot of pros are able to eat junk in the offseason and stay lean because thier offseason is so much shorter than non-competing bb's. If you only have 3 months off and you start at 4%, you can eat somewhat dirty and stay pretty lean. It's when you take 6+ months of offseason that the diet really affects fat gain, because the fatter you are the less efficient you are at gaining muscle/losing fat.

littleguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: June 08, 2007, 08:48:14 AM »
I also use a few spoonfulls of Flaxseed oil as well....

As mentioned...nuts, whole eggs, PB