Author Topic: Special Ed blackmailing MD? Calls MD "cowards"  (Read 34338 times)

Special Ed

• Toms
  • Getbig V
  • Special Ed Forever!
Re: Special Ed blackmailing MD? Calls MD "cowards"
« Reply #25 on: May 29, 2007, 09:58:37 PM »
How can you be so sure? Serious question.
Stooge,

Doesn't Palumbo's silence speak volumes? After opening his yapper, he's magically disappeared.

But tell me what part of the truth you doubt so I can set you free.
BigNationRadio.com

bic_staedtler

• Getbig IV
  • That is all.
« Reply #26 on: May 29, 2007, 10:02:20 PM »
...wow, what a turn of events.  I haven't paid attention in a while!...MD sucks balls, even when Lee was in it.

But isn't it funny how people turn on one another when the cash runs out....

~salmon~

« Reply #27 on: May 29, 2007, 10:10:37 PM »
TYPICAL MD TATICS..........THEY NEEDED NEW BLOOD.....WASN THAT WHAT STEVE TOLD YOU....HE DIDNT CARE WHAT I SAID ON THE BOARDS....THEY GOT RID OF ME TO GET NEW BLOOD IN THERE..........YEP GOOD WORK MD..... :)KEEP THE PEOPLE YOU CAN CONTROL

Why do you always talk shit about your former employers?.....+ ::)

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
  • http://www.liftstudios.com
« Reply #28 on: May 29, 2007, 10:11:07 PM »
Special Ed vs Dave Palumbo the latest Getbig.com sparring match.

Dave from the sounds of things Special Ed has ya by the nuts on this one.

;D

Elevate Your Image.™

huge285

• Competitors
  • Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #29 on: May 29, 2007, 10:12:15 PM »
Special ED could have continued working for us for as long as he wanted.  We didn't feel that his video work was worth $2000 (we offered him $500 to show our gratitude for his past radio work).  When he was given real assignments worthy of his LAWYER status (going to Albany to report on the indictments that went down), he was no where to be found.  We really didn't need another Valentino-wanna-be (we prefer the genuine article).  It's sad that Special Ed feels a need to slam the door on his relationship with MD; but that's his choice.  

He also KNOWS deep down that STEVE would never ask him to sabotage anyone. Steve doesn't believe in propagating negativity.  What he did ask ED to do was to help promote MD on all the boards he posted on (something pretty understandable considering he was on the MD PAYROLL).  But, alas, Special Ed doesn't like to be told what to do.  He needs his minions of followers on this board to feel good about himself.  I guess the line made famous by JOHN MILTON holds especially true in this situation; it's pretty obvious that Special Ed would rather "RULE IN HELL THAN SERVE IN HEAVEN!"

huge285

• Competitors
  • Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #30 on: May 29, 2007, 10:14:23 PM »
Excuse my 2 hour absence, unlike most of you guys, I actually work out.

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #31 on: May 29, 2007, 10:14:49 PM »
it's pretty obvious that Special Ed would rather "RULE IN HELL THAN SERVE IN HEAVEN!"

Well then he's shit outta luck either way.

G o a t b o y  rules hades, in case you didn't get teh memo. >:(
Ron: "I am lazy."

Matt C

• Getbig V
  • The White Vince Goodrum
« Reply #32 on: May 29, 2007, 10:16:26 PM »
Dave, I think MD is paying people too much.  Supply does not equal demand to pay Bill Comstock $96,000 a year.  I say that with all due respect as he is a good photographer, but come on.  Photography really ISN'T much more than point and click.

No seriously - it isn't.  :)

Now if you're talking about wedding photographers who need to organize people in terms of height and aestheticism and so on, maybe you can make a valid point that photography is difficult, but as far as still photographs of bodybuilders posing on a contest stage, it is by no means worth $96,000 per year.

Special Ed may have done great worth, but again, it was not worth $2,000 (as you pointed out).
Bodybuilding Pro.com

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: May 29, 2007, 10:20:07 PM »
Excuse my 2 hour absence, unlike most of you guys, I actually work out.
Yes, Dave you're the only one on getbig who works out.  :-\

MD had no problem capitalizing on Special Ed's Getbig following by hiring him to cover the Arnold and put him on the radio. Did Special Ed close the door on you before or after you "whacked" him?

Getbig Minion.
Elevate Your Image.™

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: May 29, 2007, 10:23:50 PM »
Dave, I think MD is paying people too much.  Supply does not equal demand to pay Bill Comstock $96,000 a year.  I say that with all due respect as he is a good photographer, but come on.  Photography really ISN'T much more than point and click.

No seriously - it isn't.  :)

Now if you're talking about wedding photographers who need to organize people in terms of height and aestheticism and so on, maybe you can make a valid point that photography is difficult, but as far as still photographs of bodybuilders posing on a contest stage, it is by no means worth $96,000 per year.

Special Ed may have done great worth, but again, it was not worth $2,000 (as you pointed out).
How do you know that is what Bill is making? Bill is one of the hardest working guys in the industry and does a helluva a lot more for MD then just snapping photos. There is more to taking good photos then just pointing and clicking. Flex Wheeler used to take contest photos for MD and they sucked. I like Flex, great guy and doing an awesome job with his current role with MD on recapping the shows but proof that it's not just pointing and shooting to get good photos.

You have no clue how much work goes into videos and photos to get them out in a timely manner and done well.

Bill Comstock is worth every penny they are paying him and deserves more then whatever he is making.

Elevate Your Image.™

AVBG

« Reply #35 on: May 29, 2007, 10:25:17 PM »
Matt, stick to reviewing the vids ;)

wes mantooth

• Getbig IV
  • Dorothy Mantooth is a saint!
« Reply #36 on: May 29, 2007, 10:28:27 PM »
We really didn't need another Valentino-wanna-be (we prefer the genuine article).  

"valentino wanna-be" ?

so ed, what was the final straw that made you wanna be like valentino? was it the:

1) horrible haircut
2) entire wardrobe of sleeveless flannels
3) the jersey "trash stashe"
4) ALL CAPS TYPING
5) endless dribble about feces
6) his integrity in regard to his synthol use

please ed...the minions must know.... ::)

~salmon~

« Reply #37 on: May 29, 2007, 10:29:37 PM »
How do you know that is what Bill is making? Bill is one of the hardest working guys in the industry and does a helluva a lot more for MD then just snapping photos. There is more to taking good photos then just pointing and clicking. Flex Wheeler used to take contest photos for MD and they sucked. I like Flex, great guy and doing an awesome job with his current role with MD on recapping the shows but proof that it's not just pointing and shooting to get good photos.

You have no clue how much work goes into videos and photos to get them out in a timely manner and done well.

Bill Comstock is worth every penny they are paying him and deserves more then whatever he is making.

The time he spends doing the work is irrelevant... If the average salary for people that can do the work just as good = lower, then he's not worth the salary.... (His personal network and MD's ability to leverage that network is not taken into consideration in this post...)

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #38 on: May 29, 2007, 10:29:53 PM »
"valentino wanna-be" ?

so ed, what was the final straw that made you wanna be like valentino? was it the:

1) horrible haircut

Ed's already got one of those.
Ron: "I am lazy."

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN
Re: Special Ed blackmailing MD?
« Reply #39 on: May 29, 2007, 10:33:34 PM »
human beings who sell fake drugs to people and claim they are the real mccoy should be put out of their misery at all cost...They are just above child molestors as the scum of society...

I wouldn't go that far..........but I gotta say, that's pretty fucking low......
HAHA, RON.....

huge285

• Competitors
  • Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #40 on: May 29, 2007, 10:36:19 PM »
First of all, you guys have no idea what BILL COMSTOCK makes.....nor is it anyone's business.  But I have news for you, If I was the owner of a magazine, I'd pay him $200,000 a year. The guy is a workhorse-- he shoots photos, he shoots and edits video.......... he works 100 hour weeks.  I wish we had 10 BILL COMSTOCKS working for MD.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #41 on: May 29, 2007, 10:39:54 PM »
First of all, you guys have no idea what BILL COMSTOCK makes.....nor is it anyone's business.  But I have news for you, If I was the owner of a magazine, I'd pay him $200,000 a year. The guy is a workhorse-- he shoots photos, he shoots and edits video.......... he works 100 hour weeks.  I wish we had 10 BILL COMSTOCKS working for MD.

I have no doubt as to Bill's value...

I don't think Bill's value is really the point of the conversation though.

quembrulet

• Getbig II
« Reply #42 on: May 29, 2007, 10:44:06 PM »

Stellar attempt at a redirecting the thread. 

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: May 29, 2007, 10:53:02 PM »
The time he spends doing the work is irrelevant... If the average salary for people that can do the work just as good = lower, then he's not worth the salary.... (His personal network and MD's ability to leverage that network is not taken into consideration in this post...)
I never said anything about how much time he spends on his work. You'll be hard pressed to find someone who take better contest photos than Bill. He's worth every dime they pay him.
Elevate Your Image.™

thisiskeith12

« Reply #44 on: May 29, 2007, 10:53:36 PM »

Bodybuilding photography isn't the easiest, but it's not the hardest either. I just enjoy doing it...

Spicy Shushi

• Getbig III
  • KNOW HOMO?
« Reply #45 on: May 29, 2007, 10:58:18 PM »
Bodybuilding photography isn't the easiest, but it's not the hardest either. I just enjoy doing it...

Go to bed kid...

Why are you posting football photos? You should go to work for MD, you're as clueless as they are.

Enjoy your dish...

thisiskeith12

« Reply #46 on: May 29, 2007, 11:03:29 PM »
Go to bed kid...

Why are you posting football photos? You should go to work for MD, you're as clueless as they are.

Because I felt like posting pictures I had taken to compare a bit, thanks but no one really asked what the fuck spicy sushi's opinion was

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #47 on: May 29, 2007, 11:04:10 PM »

Bill Comstock is extremely dedicated to his work. When he worked at Ironman, and we were at one of the shows, he called me at 1:30am in the morning, excited that he finished the video clip.  The guys works very hard, and I consider very respected in the industry. MD is very lucky to have him, and Steve saw a good thing.

As for Special Ed vs. Dave Palumbo, Special Ed doesn't lie. Again, a simple business decision that is causing a negative factor, and where is it coming from.   You could of simply said this is the terms of the business deal, but alas, it wasnt to be.  Let's not even get into what misrespresentation you told me.  Why would Special Ed blackmail? Doesnt make sense, and since I have know Special Ed for 10+ year, that wasnt a cool comment to make.

As I told Blechman, less friction and more cohesiveness is the key.

Spicy Shushi

• Getbig III
  • KNOW HOMO?
« Reply #48 on: May 29, 2007, 11:04:57 PM »
Special ED could have continued working for us for as long as he wanted.  We didn't feel that his video work was worth $2000 (we offered him $500 to show our gratitude for his past radio work).  When he was given real assignments worthy of his LAWYER status (going to Albany to report on the indictments that went down), he was no where to be found.  We really didn't need another Valentino-wanna-be (we prefer the genuine article).  It's sad that Special Ed feels a need to slam the door on his relationship with MD; but that's his choice.  

He also KNOWS deep down that STEVE would never ask him to sabotage anyone. Steve doesn't believe in propagating negativity.  What he did ask ED to do was to help promote MD on all the boards he posted on (something pretty understandable considering he was on the MD PAYROLL).  But, alas, Special Ed doesn't like to be told what to do.  He needs his minions of followers on this board to feel good about himself.  I guess the line made famous by JOHN MILTON holds especially true in this situation; it's pretty obvious that Special Ed would rather "RULE IN HELL THAN SERVE IN HEAVEN!"

I doubt Steve would point blank ask him to sabatoge anyone. Steve has a way with manipulating things.

MD should take your salary and give it to Comstock, the guy who actually appears to do something.

Sounds like Ed has information you are afraid will get out. Considering he is a lawyer I'd put money against you that he wasn't stupid in his dealings with the ALL BULLshit crew.

Enjoy your dish...

Spicy Shushi

• Getbig III
  • KNOW HOMO?
« Reply #49 on: May 29, 2007, 11:06:36 PM »
Because I felt like posting pictures I had taken to compare a bit, thanks but no one really asked what the fuck spicy sushi's opinion was
compare to what? you're like a third nipple...odd and worthless.

Enjoy your dish...