Author Topic: HOLY SHIT THIS IS ONE STRONG MOFO!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 12170 times)

BigNBloated

• Getbig III
  • Always bet on Duke.
Re: HOLY SHIT THIS IS ONE STRONG MOFO!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #50 on: May 31, 2007, 08:08:48 PM »
Obviously you can't go that big, he can.. There's a possibility of hurting yourself lifting just the bar if you don't do it correctly.

Most of the enjoyment from weight training is pushing your body to it's limits.. don't you train hard?

Ive trained hard, but I dont get much out of weightlifting like this guy apparently does. Means to an end for me, lift weights to look good strength is an added bonus to gaining muscle. 

chris_mason

• Getbig IV
  • Owner AtLarge Nutrition
« Reply #51 on: June 01, 2007, 04:49:09 AM »
strong as an ox...

working for strength and size are not the same thing..clearly he doesn't care about building muscles

The guy is not fat and weighs in the 270-280 lbs range.  What muscle is he not building? 
w

MONSTER_TRICEPS

• Getbig V
« Reply #52 on: June 01, 2007, 04:59:39 AM »
ok..... Compare Ronnies legs to this dudes legs... HOW is that possible?

Strength and size are two completely different things dude.

Pyrros Dimas for instance had a 700lb back fullsquat @ 185lb bw, or Idalberto Arranda, squatting 655lb @165lb. Raw ofcourse.

There are tons of olympic weightlifters who are way stronger than bodybuilders who are 80 pounds heavier.

Honour

• Getbig IV
  • She's with me!
« Reply #53 on: June 01, 2007, 05:23:50 AM »
In most cases, strength is not really related to the SIZE of a muscle. When you train to make your muscles grow, you may become stronger...IE Ronnie Coleman or any bodybuilder. When you train for strength, you do not necessarily need to make your muscles bigger if you so choose. Bigger muscles are the result of getting stronger, but strength training is different. It focuses on tendons, joints, certain lifts, etc. That guy could care less how big his legs are compared to Ronnie Coleman. He only cares how much he can squat...two very different philosophies.
Very well said, if this guy was training to be a bodybuilder then i think yeah hes going about it the wrong way, but i think he just loves the challenge of slapping those plates on either side, more power to him 8).

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: June 01, 2007, 05:49:55 AM »
Lifting weights is great and all, but whats the point of risking ur joints/injury for those kinds of lifts? Dont take this the wrong way that guy is insanely strong but I just never understood going that big with the possibility of hurting urself. I hope he is training for something. 

Some people just like to be strong.

cooltech25

• Getbig I
« Reply #55 on: June 01, 2007, 06:06:25 AM »
big legs shitty arms :-\

musclehedz

• Getbig IV
« Reply #56 on: June 01, 2007, 06:33:25 AM »
Strength and size are two completely different things dude.

Pyrros Dimas for instance had a 700lb back fullsquat @ 185lb bw, or Idalberto Arranda, squatting 655lb @165lb. Raw ofcourse.

There are tons of olympic weightlifters who are way stronger than bodybuilders who are 80 pounds heavier.

Now that is crazy.

j3di3

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #57 on: June 01, 2007, 07:00:09 AM »
What is th song playing in this video...and by the way that dude is fucking strong as hell. Those reps with 5 or six plates on the squat was unreal.

the artist is breaking benjamin, dont remember the song name

Dr. D

• Getbig III
  • Vince and Derek: Match made in GetBig Heaven!
« Reply #58 on: June 01, 2007, 10:05:20 AM »
the artist is breaking benjamin, dont remember the song name

It's not breaking benjamin, it's Kill Switch Engage and the song is called "End of Heartache".

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: June 01, 2007, 10:06:22 AM »

It's not breaking benjamin, it's Kill Switch Engage and the song is called "End of Heartache".

Big D is right on.