Author Topic: Arnold's Photos Removed From Gold's  (Read 3555 times)

ramazon

• Getbig III
Re: Arnold's Photos Removed From Gold's
« Reply #25 on: June 01, 2007, 11:38:31 PM »
Ramazon,

The gym's lawyers should have done some creative bargaining, such as giving Arnold some options...like either let us use your old photos that you have the rights to or we'll just put up some newer ones that you don't:

Jigsaw: Old photos or new photos...make your choice!

Jealous Lawyer
Hot damn, yr good at legal grappling, Special.  Let's hope, by now, that Arnold owns that image too.  If not, I'll buy it for him...to protect our senses...to preserve The Illusion of Youth...and eliminate the evidence of our own softness.     

Pollux

• Getbig V
  • I'm kind of a big deal!
« Reply #26 on: June 02, 2007, 07:34:30 AM »
one bodybuilder remarked, "I'm writing Arnold a letter.  He needs to KNOW about this!".

I'm sure Arnold's utmost concern will be geared towards this "bodybuilder's" letter.  ::)

Deadpool

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: June 02, 2007, 01:56:51 PM »

The gym's lawyers should have done some creative bargaining, such as giving Arnold some options...like either let us use your old photos that you have the rights to or we'll just put up some newer ones that you don't:

Jigsaw: Old photos or new photos...make your choice!

Jealous Lawyer

great counter argument!
X

ramazon

• Getbig III
« Reply #28 on: June 04, 2007, 11:30:20 PM »
I'm sure Arnold's utmost concern will be geared towards this "bodybuilder's" letter.  ::)
You neeevvver know, Pollux.  You never know. We live in strange and intriguing
times.

whitewidow

« Reply #29 on: June 05, 2007, 01:26:45 AM »
According to an employee, legal representatives of the former professional bodybuilder-and-actor-turned-governor recently came into The Mecca demanding a usage fee for "each and all" of his spectacular images, including a hand-painted wall-sized mural and a Mr. Olympia poster which hung proudly in the Hall of Fame.  Refusing to pay the use-fee, Gold's instead, removed the photos faster than you
can say "image misappropriation lawsuit".  Staring at some very large blank spaces with botched plaster, one bodybuilder remarked, "I'm writing Arnold a letter.  He needs to KNOW about this!". :o :o

what a chump.

Pollux

• Getbig V
  • I'm kind of a big deal!
« Reply #30 on: June 05, 2007, 04:34:49 AM »
You neeevvver know, Pollux.  You never know. We live in strange and intriguing
times.

Your enthusiasm is admirable, but let's be realistic. Arnold is in a position and a place in his life that a "bodybuilder's" letter expressing his concern over his picture being taken down at Gold's is not gonna have Arnold drop what he's doing to focus his attention over something he may find petty, but we find disturbing.

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #31 on: June 05, 2007, 04:58:09 AM »
My spit is simply speculation, most of which supports your thesis, Kings, and is
based upon Arnold's previous actions and true nature.  He's playing a master chess game now.  The Senate is achievable and a noble position for him to assume while awaiting the Schwarzenegger Bill.  If I were him, and given his
health issues, I wouldn't wait.  Not at all.  The country is hungering for Arnold's tough-love leadership.  All he has to do is be willing to upset the applecart of
political protocol, and go for it.  Run.  As an Independent, if necessary. 
a) No, it isn't.
b) Give the big guy some credit. He's not that dumb.

ramazon

• Getbig III
« Reply #32 on: June 07, 2007, 12:28:15 AM »
a) No, it isn't.
b) Give the big guy some credit. He's not that dumb.
b) Dumb, no.  Methodical, calculating and willing to take great risks?  Oh, yes.
Risk is most often proportionate to reward.   Jesse Ventura and Ross Perot
excited the American spirit running as Independents.  Sadly, in Arnold's
case, there's the Constitution to consider.  My fantasy is that he ignore it, and
over-throw the government, just the way Ventura did in Minn.  Lead a take-over. 
This FANTASY amuses me, because it's NOT a likelihood.  Unless, of course,
he's been told he has 2 years to live.