Author Topic: LEBRON'S GOING TO THE FINALS!!  (Read 3963 times)

CARTEL

• Getbig V
  • Have a good time, all the time.
Re: LEBRON'S GOING TO THE FINALS!!
« Reply #25 on: June 03, 2007, 07:22:51 PM »
Kobe had a phenomenal season.  If he doesn't score 40 a slew of times and score 50 a bunch of times, the Lakers don't make the playoffs.  He had to put Smush Parker et al. on his back.  Led the league in scoring, led his team in assists, and made first team All NBA defense. 

I don't know how he keeps getting all this defense hype still. He hasn't played good defense consistently the past 3 years.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #26 on: June 03, 2007, 07:59:02 PM »
I don't know how he keeps getting all this defense hype still. He hasn't played good defense consistently the past 3 years.

Arguably.  He was much better on defense last year.  But he had to play pretty much the entire game, take the majority of the shots, then be a lockdown defender in the fourth.  Tough job. 

JBGRAY

• Getbig IV
« Reply #27 on: June 04, 2007, 09:40:24 AM »
there you go, all the media gets their golden boy instead of detroit.
all this means is that even more people will be watching when the spurs butcher them and win :)

Everyone thought the same thing about the Cavs and Detroit...that the Pistons would mop 'em up.  Well, we saw what happened there.  And I'm not so sure that the Spurs are an overwhelmingly better team than the Pistons were.  Cleveland has a pretty good shot here.

CARTEL

• Getbig V
  • Have a good time, all the time.
« Reply #28 on: June 04, 2007, 06:14:55 PM »
Spurs are WAY better than the Pistons.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: June 04, 2007, 07:14:35 PM »

I agree.  The Spurs are about as complete as you can get.  They can run, play half court, play great D, play inside, shoot the 3. 

big L dawg

• Getbig V
  • i always tell the truth even when i lie...
« Reply #30 on: June 04, 2007, 07:43:52 PM »
thats what upsets are made of,people like you guys that don't give a team a chance in hell.then you gotta eat your words.
DAWG

Sergio Rules 77

• Getbig III
  • Sergio can split the atom. With his bare hands.
« Reply #31 on: June 04, 2007, 07:54:56 PM »

The Lakers were way better than the Pistons in '04 and got their assess handed to them. I agree, the Spurs are a much better team than Cleveland but they will have to be carefull. If they play the way they played against Phoenix, it won't go past six games and they should be fine. If they don't play as well, they'll be in for a dog fight.

SERGIO!!!!
Ugh, my retirement grease

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: June 04, 2007, 07:56:46 PM »
thats what upsets are made of,people like you guys that don't give a team a chance in hell.then you gotta eat your words.

I thought the Suns were going to run away from everyone when the playoffs started.  I thought Dallas would pound Golden State.  I didn't see Cleveland getting past Detroit, and definitely wouldn't have predicted that they would win 4 in a row.  

That's why they play the game.  :)