Author Topic: MYOSTATIN MUTANT DOGS (whippets, and maybe greyhounds)  (Read 31661 times)

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
Re: MYOSTATIN MUTANT DOGS (whippets, and maybe greyhounds)
« Reply #50 on: June 06, 2007, 10:30:31 AM »
Sorry, but these isolated incidents are not a result from racing.

It is a result from mistreatment.

nycbull

• Getbig V
  • Team Jay Should Have Won
« Reply #51 on: June 06, 2007, 10:31:31 AM »
NYCBULL, give me your number if you are ever in the area I would like you to come check out some FACTS about Greyhounds.  You have been misled and so has the general public.

Actually, you can go visit any farm freely and you will see the truth.  Don`t believe the propaganda.  I am a staunch supporter of animal rights and believe that they should be considered under the same Laws and protections as humans.  I believe animals should have complete and full equal rights.

Greyhounds love nothing more than to run and race.  They are HIGHLY competitive as are the snow dogs in the Iditarod.  It breaks their heart if they cannot run.

One, I cant tell if your pulling my leg, and Two you just stated in your last myth busters post that greyhounds don't really like running, just a sprint here and there will do.

Also, propaganda can only come from people with vested intersts, they have the most to lose.  Animal rights people have nothing invested and make no profit at all, so although they may be annoying biting at your heals they have no real reason to lie or make up stories.

I am sure there are good people in the industry and you sound like you are one of them. I am not for aboloshing it. I want them to be accountable and responsible for all of their dogs not just the ones that win. There needs to be serious ethical reforms made.

It sounds like you are a great owner and will treat your dogs good and maybe you will make a change for the better on the inside of the industry.  

No Patience

• Getbig IV
  • adaptation is the creator of evolution
« Reply #52 on: June 06, 2007, 10:33:45 AM »
Research Greyhounds and you will find that they are the most CALM and docile animals which  is also synonymous with HIGH intelligence.

I love my Grey, he is striated with beautiful muslces and veiny all over. Its really an impressive sight to see.

absolutely true....greyhounds are excellent pets and although they are very athletic, they are also couch potatoes

BroadStreetBruiser

• Getbig V
  • "In Falcon We Trust"
« Reply #53 on: June 06, 2007, 10:42:30 AM »
Loser should be killed. Who's with me?!?!?
$

~flower~

• Getbig IV
  • D/s
« Reply #54 on: June 06, 2007, 10:42:32 AM »
Sorry, but these isolated incidents are not a result from racing.

It is a result from mistreatment.

You are right, these dogs didn't starve while they were running a race:

These ones weren't killed while running a race:

and these ones died at a lab where they were sent when they were of no use anymore:

and I doubt all those ticks hopped on as they were cruising by on the track:

No Patience

• Getbig IV
« Reply #55 on: June 06, 2007, 10:43:57 AM »
i do have to say though, that no dog is better than a Staffordshire Bull Terrier....kick ass dog and fucking clowns, mine cracks me up daily

people always think she is a pitbull, they are related but not the same

unlike all the thugs, i didn't buy this breed for status

No Patience

• Getbig IV
« Reply #56 on: June 06, 2007, 10:48:19 AM »
my pitbul would crush your santas little helper in a dog fight .....

lets meet up at my boy Vick's house ...

let me guess, you are either black or asian....you are a piece of shit

~flower~

• Getbig IV
  • D/s
« Reply #57 on: June 06, 2007, 10:49:01 AM »
#2 Testimony from another former employee of the Raynham-Taunton Greyhound Park in Massachusetts:

As an assistant trainer at the Raynham Taunton Greyhound Park I walked into a racing dog kennel for the first time, stunned by over 90 wire cages that lay tucked inside one of the many buildings on the compound. I had not expected this many dogs to be partly my responsibility. I wondered how one or two trainers could possibly care for all these dogs. I soon found out the answer; they couldn't.

I would sweep the kennel, feed the dogs, turn them out, take them to get weighed-in, and clean them up after they raced. I frequently found myself rushing to finish with a dog's feet so as to be able to get the next dog in time after a race. After racing, the Greyhound's feet need rinsing and even scrubbing to get the dirt out. Often times, however, because it is too time-consuming to individually clean out the nail bed of each toe, dirt, blood and grime are left behind causing infections. Even though some trainers explained to me that the dog's feet are taken care of when there is more time, perhaps the next day, I would often notice dogs with removed toenails, "cuticles" that were a quarter inch away from the nail because of blood and dirt that were left behind, and even in cases where the web between the dog's toes was so neglected and infected that one could not separate the toes without the heart wrenching yelp. I soon found this to be commonplace here.

Though the canine's paws are often the most obvious signs of their suffering, there are other things that the industry considers insignificant which are blatantly unacceptable. Each dog races about every six days. It is true that the dogs spend approximately twenty-two hours a day in a small cage. Their raw meat mixed with kibble makes them sick with diarrhea and vomiting quite often. I was witness to dogs being dragged by the neck out of cages and trucks when they were too scared to make the four-foot jump. Tick-infested dogs were also common and what I found to be the most unbelievable were the trainers who considered themselves experts in the veterinary field. For instance, at one point I was made to hold a dog while a trainer gripped its paw and proceeded to tear out a wart of some kind that had gone unnoticed for a very long time. The dog's paw poured blood from the hole that was left when the roots of this thing were pried out. He put something on to stop the bleeding and wrapped the foot tightly in tape. I asked how he would be and was told he better be okay since he had to race the next night.

Blood on the kennel cement floor is also commonplace. It kind of let me know what I was in for with this job. I started driving home at night with the radio turned off. I had so much to think about. It seemed as though so much horror was not only being dismissed, but also considered acceptable in the first place!

None of it seemed acceptable to me, though. Even the dark yellow color of the water they often drink and the fact that so many of them are forced to wear their muzzles all night and day to prevent nipping at cage roofs was so obviously abuse to me. The muzzles would leave sores on their noses and their teeth become so grimy that one can see only too clearly how the industry's dogs are regarded as machines to be replaced when through working.

The day-to-day lives of these creatures are emotionally draining, physically unhealthy, and lack mental stimulation to say the least. I remember one of the trainers remarking that it was an especially sad existence as he caged the dog for the night.

E. Bastable

~flower~

• Getbig IV
  • D/s
« Reply #58 on: June 06, 2007, 10:49:56 AM »
#3 The following testimony is from a Masachusetts dog track employee who wishes to remain anonymous for fear of retribution from his employer:

i have been working at a dog track for a few months now, and what i have seen in these few months is more than i ever want to see. i did hear bad stories about greyhound racing and some things that go on. but i thought that that was rare, or just hear say. i didn't believe that people could be so cruel to do what they are doing to these dogs. i took this job because it has great hours, great pay, and i love dogs. i thought that none of that stuff would go on here, but i was unfortunately wrong. i have witnessed, personally; leadouts punching dogs in the head to get them to stand still, i have seen dogs break their legs running (which normally happens a few times a week about). i have lead out dogs that have the tips of their tails missing bleeding not bandaged up, ears bitten off from other dogs still bleeding but forced to run, and when i gave one of the trainers the dog they would after being told that a chunk of the ear was missing would say "i know" and just rip the muzzle off with no mercy. the other day there was a dog with dirt, ear mites, and black earwax or something packed in the dogs ear, the trainer got a warning that next time it would be scratched and the dog still runs. there was a dog about a month ago that had a very deep gash on its rear right leg. the vet was called in the paddock to look at it, and stuck his finger inside the gash to feel if the bone was broken. he then walked the dog around the paddock for 5 minutes or so to make sure the dog wouldn't limp and look like it was hurt. the dog was limping but it wasn't very noticeable so he ran, during the race he ran on 3 legs and came in last.

a few weeks ago a leadout quit because of her conscience. she told me that she had seen a dog the night before she quit take a turn too wide and run head on into a pole, killed himself instantly. she saw a leadout run onto the track pick up the dog and walk it off. that leadout had one of his arms covered in blood, but refused to wash it off and made a comment on it was kinda cool. this was i think the 8th race out of 13, he ended up keeping the blood on his arm even when he went home. she confronted him about it and he just said "yeah, yeah ill do it later when i get home" even though he had plenty of time to wash it off after that race.

i also would like to say that this doesn't happen every race. maybe an incident that bad would happen once every few weeks. but stuff that the trainers do happens all the time. not all of them do it but one too many do. I've heard stories on how a dog got a heavy gage wire put in the shaft of his penis to stop him from gaining sexual arousal that very
very thought makes me nauseous. Saturday night, a dog was a pound overweight so they wouldn't let the dog race. but they gave the trainer 5 minutes and tried it again. in 5 minutes that dog lost 3/4 of a pound. i don't know how but i can only imagine, i heard that trainer talking about how dogs don't like tea and how it works.

i regret the fact that i have to write this anonymously, i am actually kind of nervous even writing this fearing that i will receive some sort of retaliation from gamblers or people at the track. after hearing this u are probably wondering why i am still working at a place with this horrible atmosphere. i am kind of tied into working here. i need a lot of money for school, insurance, etc. and this job is pretty much the most paying job i can find with these hours. the minute i can find a job with these hours and pay i'm quitting. the reason why i am participating in this with kitty is because of my conscience. i cannot just walk away or just sit there without saying anything. what is happening to these dogs is wrong. in my eyes just the very fact that these dogs are caged up most of their lives and forced to run, and then shot when cant perform is very wrong. i can talk for hours on things that I have seen. these things are just a few. thank u for your time, and im sorry i could not make it to this hearing.

RACER, "TUNE ME IN" BLED TO DEATH WITH FATAL INJURIES AFTER BEING HIT BY THE MECHANICAL LURE ARM at the Naples-Ft. Myers track during an evening race on February 23, 2000. Eyewitnesses told greyhound advocates that Tune Me In appeared to be in great pain and distress as evidenced by her screams and cries which went on for some time before track personnel responded. By the time euthanasia was performed, the dog, who was in agony for over 30 minutes, was almost dead. An investigation by the Florida Division of Pari-Mutuel Wagering determined that no violation of any rules or statutes had taken place. GPL Florida representatives have formally questioned the gross omissions and trivialization of the horrendous incident by state racing officials, including failure to interview any of the eyewitnesses and failure to review the accident on track videotape.
Source: Naples Daily News/ March 16, 2000, Florida Greyhound Protection Research Files

State By State Abuse:

http://www.greyhoundracingsucks.com/grs_statesthatallowLinks.htm

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
« Reply #59 on: June 06, 2007, 10:50:48 AM »
let me guess, you are either black or asian....you are a piece of shit
im both , im a nigerazian....
L

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: June 06, 2007, 10:56:01 AM »
One, I cant tell if your pulling my leg, and Two you just stated in your last myth busters post that greyhounds don't really like running, just a sprint here and there will do.

Also, propaganda can only come from people with vested intersts, they have the most to lose.  Animal rights people have nothing invested and make no profit at all, so although they may be annoying biting at your heals they have no real reason to lie or make up stories.

I am sure there are good people in the industry and you sound like you are one of them. I am not for aboloshing it. I want them to be accountable and responsible for all of their dogs not just the ones that win. There needs to be serious ethical reforms made.

It sounds like you are a great owner and will treat your dogs good and maybe you will make a change for the better on the inside of the industry.  

Sprints are running!  A dog usually races every three to seven days.  The rest of the time is spent sleeping mostly. haha

americanbulldog

• Getbig IV
« Reply #61 on: June 07, 2007, 12:18:41 AM »
thats the way a bulldog should look, not like most of the so called bulldogs today who are so grossly deformed they can barely get around.

Still though, imagine that dog with myostatin switched off.  game over lights out.

Function should always precede form in a working animal.  I got two Hines bitches, and one Hines male, all are much smaller than the 150 lb mutants with the heads the size of a watermelon.  But man can they work.  2 hours is just getting started, with drives that would make most professional athletes look like chumps.  They love pulling, bite work, running, wrestling.  I pity the crack addict who attempts to enter my home. 

Andre Nickatina

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #62 on: June 07, 2007, 12:49:14 AM »
My boy Samson is ripped like Munzer :)

Andre Nickatina

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #63 on: June 07, 2007, 12:50:34 AM »
Heres the real beast  :D

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #64 on: June 07, 2007, 04:06:41 AM »
Sprints are running!  A dog usually races every three to seven days.  The rest of the time is spent sleeping mostly. haha

Sleeping mostly?  Do you mean they don't train the dogs.  They are put out on the track and they just run.  Are you really that stupid to think we believe you.  You have already been proven to know nothing about this subject except for what you cut and paste.  Dude you have been ousted

nycbull

• Getbig V
  • Team Jay Should Have Won
« Reply #65 on: June 07, 2007, 07:03:41 AM »
Sleeping mostly?  Do you mean they don't train the dogs.  They are put out on the track and they just run.  Are you really that stupid to think we believe you.  You have already been proven to know nothing about this subject except for what you cut and paste.  Dude you have been ousted

He was trying to get out the first contradiction only to create another one. He will not admit that the industry is far from perfect in the treatment of dogs and thats just the winners, the losers are thrown out with the trash. He reminds me of very religious people who cannot see hypocrisy but would rather comfort themselves with blind faith.

Furthermore, Adonis, your shoving this WASPy hobby of the upper class on the people here is just your way of trying to seperate yourself from the people here who you percieve as lower class. But why are you so insecure, if you are upper class or trying to appear as though you are why flaunt it?. Why not keep it to yourself?.

It seems to me you get more satisfaction at rebelling against class than anything,  but why cant you make up your mind?. You rebel againts middle class and working class people by flaunting your fancy foods and wines, and high brow hobbies and then you rebel against the upper class folks you try to hang out with by being the dilitante, the weight lifter in blue collar clothes, the guy dating a mixed race girl.

Which is it Adonis, What class are you?

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: June 07, 2007, 11:24:03 AM »
He was trying to get out the first contradiction only to create another one. He will not admit that the industry is far from perfect in the treatment of dogs and thats just the winners, the losers are thrown out with the trash. He reminds me of very religious people who cannot see hypocrisy but would rather comfort themselves with blind faith.

Furthermore, Adonis, your shoving this WASPy hobby of the upper class on the people here is just your way of trying to seperate yourself from the people here who you percieve as lower class. But why are you so insecure, if you are upper class or trying to appear as though you are why flaunt it?. Why not keep it to yourself?.

It seems to me you get more satisfaction at rebelling against class than anything,  but why cant you make up your mind?. You rebel againts middle class and working class people by flaunting your fancy foods and wines, and high brow hobbies and then you rebel against the upper class folks you try to hang out with by being the dilitante, the weight lifter in blue collar clothes, the guy dating a mixed race girl.

Which is it Adonis, What class are you?

Mixed race?  Where did that one come from?

Trust me, I believe animals should have the same rights as humans as humans are no better than any other animal.  Humans are animals.  In fact, most animals are way more evolved than humans, especially for the only thing that matters, survival.

If I saw ANY mistreatment in anyway, I would be the first to call it out and champion against it.  I don`t believe man is above animals in any way.  In fact, I have been thinking of starting a petition to release animals that are to be euthanized at animal shelters, cats, dog etc... into the wild as an alternative.  At least they will have a chance.

The worst abuse comes from the Pet stores you see at the mall and the breeders who send dogs to them.  With Greyhounds it`s totally different.  Each one is worth thousands and NO they ARE NOT tossed out like trash.  I have yet to see one case of it in recent times.  Agreed I am new to all of this, but I still haven`t seen it.  I have seen dogs from all tracks and yet to see one with any inkling of abuse.

Greyhound farms and kennels are all open to the public even as are the tracks.  The TRACKS even REQUIRE that the dogs be given homes after racing.  Seriously, you need to read up a bit on the whole thing, rather than buy into the scare tactics of PETA, who here in MY STATE dumped EUTHANIZED DOGS and CATS by the thousands in the dumpster from their walk-in freezer in VIRGINA.  Mind you, PETA is supposed to be finding homes for these animals and is supposed to be no kill, but yet they buy huge Walk-In freezers for the storage of dead animals.  Consider the source.

Also, feel free to visit any track or greyhound kennel or farm.  Don`t make your mind up until you see ALL THE EVIDENCE FROM BOTH SIDES.  You will learn the truth if you do so.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: June 07, 2007, 11:25:57 AM »
"Dude",

They sleep more than they train. They sleep more than they do anything aside from being a loving companion.

No Patience

• Getbig IV
« Reply #68 on: June 07, 2007, 11:32:36 AM »
#3 The following testimony is from a Masachusetts dog track employee who wishes to remain anonymous for fear of retribution from his employer:

i have been working at a dog track for a few months now, and what i have seen in these few months is more than i ever want to see. i did hear bad stories about greyhound racing and some things that go on. but i thought that that was rare, or just hear say. i didn't believe that people could be so cruel to do what they are doing to these dogs. i took this job because it has great hours, great pay, and i love dogs. i thought that none of that stuff would go on here, but i was unfortunately wrong. i have witnessed, personally; leadouts punching dogs in the head to get them to stand still, i have seen dogs break their legs running (which normally happens a few times a week about). i have lead out dogs that have the tips of their tails missing bleeding not bandaged up, ears bitten off from other dogs still bleeding but forced to run, and when i gave one of the trainers the dog they would after being told that a chunk of the ear was missing would say "i know" and just rip the muzzle off with no mercy. the other day there was a dog with dirt, ear mites, and black earwax or something packed in the dogs ear, the trainer got a warning that next time it would be scratched and the dog still runs. there was a dog about a month ago that had a very deep gash on its rear right leg. the vet was called in the paddock to look at it, and stuck his finger inside the gash to feel if the bone was broken. he then walked the dog around the paddock for 5 minutes or so to make sure the dog wouldn't limp and look like it was hurt. the dog was limping but it wasn't very noticeable so he ran, during the race he ran on 3 legs and came in last.

a few weeks ago a leadout quit because of her conscience. she told me that she had seen a dog the night before she quit take a turn too wide and run head on into a pole, killed himself instantly. she saw a leadout run onto the track pick up the dog and walk it off. that leadout had one of his arms covered in blood, but refused to wash it off and made a comment on it was kinda cool. this was i think the 8th race out of 13, he ended up keeping the blood on his arm even when he went home. she confronted him about it and he just said "yeah, yeah ill do it later when i get home" even though he had plenty of time to wash it off after that race.

i also would like to say that this doesn't happen every race. maybe an incident that bad would happen once every few weeks. but stuff that the trainers do happens all the time. not all of them do it but one too many do. I've heard stories on how a dog got a heavy gage wire put in the shaft of his penis to stop him from gaining sexual arousal that very
very thought makes me nauseous. Saturday night, a dog was a pound overweight so they wouldn't let the dog race. but they gave the trainer 5 minutes and tried it again. in 5 minutes that dog lost 3/4 of a pound. i don't know how but i can only imagine, i heard that trainer talking about how dogs don't like tea and how it works.

i regret the fact that i have to write this anonymously, i am actually kind of nervous even writing this fearing that i will receive some sort of retaliation from gamblers or people at the track. after hearing this u are probably wondering why i am still working at a place with this horrible atmosphere. i am kind of tied into working here. i need a lot of money for school, insurance, etc. and this job is pretty much the most paying job i can find with these hours. the minute i can find a job with these hours and pay i'm quitting. the reason why i am participating in this with kitty is because of my conscience. i cannot just walk away or just sit there without saying anything. what is happening to these dogs is wrong. in my eyes just the very fact that these dogs are caged up most of their lives and forced to run, and then shot when cant perform is very wrong. i can talk for hours on things that I have seen. these things are just a few. thank u for your time, and im sorry i could not make it to this hearing.

RACER, "TUNE ME IN" BLED TO DEATH WITH FATAL INJURIES AFTER BEING HIT BY THE MECHANICAL LURE ARM at the Naples-Ft. Myers track during an evening race on February 23, 2000. Eyewitnesses told greyhound advocates that Tune Me In appeared to be in great pain and distress as evidenced by her screams and cries which went on for some time before track personnel responded. By the time euthanasia was performed, the dog, who was in agony for over 30 minutes, was almost dead. An investigation by the Florida Division of Pari-Mutuel Wagering determined that no violation of any rules or statutes had taken place. GPL Florida representatives have formally questioned the gross omissions and trivialization of the horrendous incident by state racing officials, including failure to interview any of the eyewitnesses and failure to review the accident on track videotape.
Source: Naples Daily News/ March 16, 2000, Florida Greyhound Protection Research Files

State By State Abuse:

http://www.greyhoundracingsucks.com/grs_statesthatallowLinks.htm

i just cannot believe how people can be so fucking cruel to animals....makes me angry and sick....

natural al

• Getbig V
  • like it or don't, learn to live with it..whooooooo
« Reply #69 on: June 07, 2007, 12:19:32 PM »
Both.

I am going to get him into Lure Coursing.

I have videos of all his races as well.  I will post them on my Youtube shortly! I will take some new pics today from the field.  You will see how crazy he looks!

are you even leaner than your dog?

honestly...you're a grade "a", first class tool.

now go sell some purses on e-bay and drink some expensive wine.
nasser=piece of shit

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: June 07, 2007, 12:54:57 PM »
are you even leaner than your dog?

honestly...you're a grade "a", first class tool.

now go sell some purses on e-bay and drink some expensive wine.
Sure thing buddy.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #71 on: June 07, 2007, 12:56:16 PM »
:)

shiftedShapes

• Getbig IV
« Reply #72 on: June 07, 2007, 01:03:14 PM »
:)

great pics

now lets see how many doubters line up to appologize for doubting you.

My prediction: 0

this is why arguing on the internet is not that satisfying, losers rarely acknowledge defeat.

Alex23

« Reply #73 on: June 07, 2007, 01:23:19 PM »
I already have a Greyhound.  Yes this is true about their muscles.  Another neat fact is that they run solely on ATP and not Oxygen during the inital part of their sprints.  We don`t have that ability.

My grey is a champion racer, Mambo King aka Darwin, has WAY more muscle than any dog.

Wrong. You just defined what is anaerobic activity for any mammals.. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anaerobic_respiration

Brutal making up shit, not understanding what C6H12O6 -->  2C3H6O3 means and spending too much time in Junior College

Alex23

« Reply #74 on: June 07, 2007, 01:24:35 PM »
Heres the real beast  :D

Mother of GOD. Is that yours. He looks like a cool Gargoyle  ;D