Author Topic: MYOSTATIN MUTANT DOGS (whippets, and maybe greyhounds)  (Read 31643 times)

shiftedShapes

• Getbig IV
MYOSTATIN MUTANT DOGS (whippets, and maybe greyhounds)
« on: June 05, 2007, 12:12:08 PM »

VERIFIED IN WHIPETS:
http://genetics.plosjournals.org/archive/1553-7404/preprint/2007/pdf/10.1371_journal.pgen.0030079.eor.pdf

MAY BE PRESENT IN GREYHOUNDS:

"Several lines of whippets bred for racing are now producing what are known as ?bully whippets?. Bully whippets are characterized by extreme over-muscling (to the point of being considered double-muscled), severe overbites, protruding tongues, overly broad back skulls, cat feet, short limbs, and noticeably sweet temperaments. A bully whippet does not look like its littermates or its parents but it does look like other bullies, much in the same way that people with Down?s Syndrome have similar physical characteristics.

Anecdotally, we have heard that the ?bully syndrome? also occurs in NGA greyhounds and non-pedigreed whippets in the UK. Like the pure-bred whippets here, both of these populations are bred for racing."

FROM: http://www.k9community.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=25995&st=15

WIKIPEDIA ON THE SUBJECT:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Myostatin

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
Re: MYOSTATIN MUTANT DOGS (whippets, and maybe greyhounds)
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2007, 12:13:22 PM »
Adonis is gonna get one as a pet.  ::)

shiftedShapes

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2007, 12:15:41 PM »
i would like to get one as a pet

they are too fast twitch dominant to do well in whippet sprints, they don't have the endurance, but they are extremely explosive out of the gate.  they are also supposed to have unusually sweet temperments.

shiftedShapes

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2007, 12:18:13 PM »

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2007, 12:30:50 PM »

nycbull

• Getbig V
  • Team Jay Should Have Won
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2007, 12:45:59 PM »
Breeders are Dr. Mengeles progeny, NAZI"S bent on creating the perfect species.  Do any of you realize that when these animals are bred for their deformities they are also fucking up their brain development. Most purebredes of chemically imbalance brains. These poor dogs have to suffer from  depression, anxiety, and obsessive compulsivness just because their owners wanted a fast dog.

shiftedShapes

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2007, 12:46:12 PM »

shiftedShapes

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2007, 12:47:52 PM »
Breeders are Dr. Mengeles progeny, NAZI"S bent on creating the perfect species.  Do any of you realize that when these animals are bred for their deformities they are also fucking up their brain development. Most purebredes of chemically imbalance brains. These poor dogs have to suffer from  depression, anxiety, and obsessive compulsivness just because their owners wanted a pretty dog.

well racing whippets are bred for speed.  not looks.

these bullies are considered to be undesireable because they lack endurance and are all sprint.

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2007, 12:50:16 PM »
Wow, a yellow myostatin frog

LOL  ;D

Adonis disected one in a biology class.  ::)

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2007, 12:51:33 PM »
I already have a Greyhound.  Yes this is true about their muscles.  Another neat fact is that they run solely on ATP and not Oxygen during the inital part of their sprints.  We don`t have that ability.

My grey is a champion racer, Mambo King aka Darwin, has WAY more muscle than any dog.

nycbull

• Getbig V
  • Team Jay Should Have Won
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2007, 12:53:03 PM »
well racing whippets are bred for speed.  not looks.

these bullies are considered to be undesireable because they lack endurance and are all sprint.

whatever they are bred for some particular physical characteristic without any concern for the dogs health or mental stability. It is possible to breed healthy dogs and still get characteristcs you want but most breeders are unethical and only in it for the money.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2007, 12:53:20 PM »
Breeders are Dr. Mengeles progeny, NAZI"S bent on creating the perfect species.  Do any of you realize that when these animals are bred for their deformities they are also fucking up their brain development. Most purebredes of chemically imbalance brains. These poor dogs have to suffer from  depression, anxiety, and obsessive compulsivness just because their owners wanted a fast dog.

This isn`t true with Greyhounds at all as the Populations are EXPERTLY controlled.  Only the best of the best and you WILL NEVER find some schmuck selling Greyhounds that are inferior or interbred.  I have mine traced all the way back to 1820.

All are traced back that far at least.  No other dog is regulated like that or as accurate.

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2007, 12:54:51 PM »
my pitbul would crush your santas little helper in a dog fight .....

lets meet up at my boy Vick's house ...
L

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2007, 12:56:14 PM »
whatever they are bred for some particular physical characteristic without any concern for the dogs health or mental stability. It is possible to breed healthy dogs and still get characteristcs you want but most breeders are unethical and only in it for the money.
Research Greyhounds and you will find that they are the most CALM and docile animals which  is also synonymous with HIGH intelligence.

I love my Grey, he is striated with beautiful muslces and veiny all over. Its really an impressive sight to see.

shiftedShapes

• Getbig IV
« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2007, 12:59:01 PM »
Research Greyhounds and you will find that they are the most CALM and docile animals which  is also synonymous with HIGH intelligence.

I love my Grey, he is striated with beautiful muslces and veiny all over. Its really an impressive sight to see.

do you keep him as a pet or for racing?

he looks very muscular, but obviously not a myostatin mutant...can you imagine what a greyhound myostatin mutant would look like, now that would be incredible.

Al-Gebra

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2007, 01:02:10 PM »

can someone photoshop adonis's head next to the head of this whippet.  I want to see who has the greater ear development.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2007, 01:02:50 PM »
do you keep him as a pet or for racing?

he looks very muscular, but obviously not a myostatin mutant...can you imagine what a greyhound myostatin mutant would look like, now that would be incredible.
Both.

I am going to get him into Lure Coursing.

I have videos of all his races as well.  I will post them on my Youtube shortly! I will take some new pics today from the field.  You will see how crazy he looks!

shiftedShapes

• Getbig IV
« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2007, 01:05:59 PM »
Both.

I am going to get him into Lure Coursing.

I have videos of all his races as well.  I will post them on my Youtube shortly! I will take some new pics today from the field.  You will see how crazy he looks!

lure coursing seems to be a better test of athletic ability then an oval track.

I'm sure the dog provides a lot of inspiration to you?

How did you get into the sport?

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2007, 01:07:54 PM »
lure coursing seems to be a better test of athletic ability then an oval track.

I'm sure the dog provides a lot of inspiration to you?

How did you get into the sport?
I have always been interested in it as well as Horse Racing.

I do know of a GIGANTIC Greyhound that weighed and raced at over 30-35 plus LBS of the normal 72-79 lb mark.

His name is Barge Large.  Let me see if I can get some pics.  He is defintely out of the ordinary mutant.

shiftedShapes

• Getbig IV
« Reply #19 on: June 05, 2007, 01:12:10 PM »
I have always been interested in it as well as Horse Racing.

I do know of a GIGANTIC Greyhound that weighed and raced at over 30-35 plus LBS of the normal 72-79 lb mark.

His name is Large Barge.  Let me see if I can get some pics.  He is defintely out of the ordinary mutant.

If you have more info about him I'm sure the authors of this study would be interested http://genetics.plosjournals.org/archive/1553-7404/preprint/2007/pdf/10.1371_journal.pgen.0030079.eor.pdf

they theorized that the double muscling might be less common amongst greyhounds because they race longer distances.  However from the size you described it sounds like he would be truly double-muscled and not just a heterozygote.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: June 05, 2007, 01:15:52 PM »
Here are some cool pictures from the field of some good athletes!

~flower~

• Getbig IV
  • D/s
« Reply #21 on: June 05, 2007, 01:16:01 PM »
Greyhound racing is a cruel, abusive sport, but it is loosing more and more money every year so hopefully the tracks will be shut down soon.   They don't treat race dogs the way they treat race horses.

>:(

shiftedShapes

• Getbig IV
« Reply #22 on: June 05, 2007, 01:20:18 PM »
Here are some cool pictures from the field of some good athletes!

wow

I read that greyhounds actually run differently than other dogs, the gait is different.

Flower what does your post have to do with anything?  Some (most) greyhounds are mistreated, that is bad, surely though you don't intend to condemn all sight hounds because of this?

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #23 on: June 05, 2007, 01:21:29 PM »

i can kick that dogs ass,one punch knock-out ;D

bench

leland000

• Getbig II
« Reply #24 on: June 05, 2007, 01:21:59 PM »
Don't like the greyhound appearance....different strokes for different folks I guess, and while your dog looks solid what is the point of claiming "has WAY more muscle than any dog" you seem to be somewhat knowledgable in regards to canines so you know thats not true, even if you've never owned a presa or a dogo just take a look at one it's apples and oranges, and it's inevitable that when done racing and out of condition (losing some muscle gaining some fat) your dog will have a very different look.