Author Topic: Will squatting make your ass bigger?  (Read 3615 times)

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
Will squatting make your ass bigger?
« on: June 05, 2007, 05:52:28 PM »
Some whore asked me, I heard that, but not sure ???
E

trab

• Getbig V
Re: Will squatting make your ass bigger?
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2007, 05:55:58 PM »
For a girl? If she has some muscle back there to start... It may respond well. ;)
Nothing wrong with a nice solid bubble ass like Vida's is there? :P
Good impact absorber.

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2007, 06:00:02 PM »
For a girl? If she has some muscle back there to start... It may respond well. ;)
Nothing wrong with a nice solid bubble ass like Vida's is there? :P
Good impact absorber.

Well, she texted me "I just got done squatting" I texted back "It'll make your ass bigger" she panicked with "I am never going to squat again" I said, "hold on, let me see for sure". So, it's not a "my" preference thing, I just don't like to give out false info.
E

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2007, 06:08:07 PM »
Well, she texted me "I just got done squatting" I texted back "It'll make your ass bigger" she panicked with "I' am never going to squat again" I said, "hold on, let me see for sure". So, it's not a "my" preference thing, I just don't like to give out false info.
hahahaha, don't you squat Mike?

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2007, 06:10:01 PM »
hahahaha, don't you squat Mike?

Sparingly. I prefer leg presses tbh. I like my small butt ;)
E

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2007, 06:47:58 PM »
I expected more out of one of Blutos boards. Come on guys, yes or no?
E

pumpher

• Getbig III
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2007, 07:01:40 PM »
It depends on many factors.

If you use full ROM, ass to grass, you tend to recruit more glutes (even on leg press, if you use full ROM)

If you use girly weight (like I bet your friend is using) it is doubtful that she will get massive hypertrophy in the glutes.

Why don't you measure her progress  :P

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2007, 07:06:55 PM »
Measuring her is a Damn good idea. And tell her it has to be accurate, so off with the pants!
Next, you need to moniter her progress...

peroni

• Getbig III
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2007, 07:07:51 PM »
Assuming it's done with proper form, it depends on the lifter's muscular imbalances. Those with tight hips are going to use mostly their quads instead of the hams and glutes as well. You can spot those folks a mile off with their large thighs and flat behinds.  People with tight glutes have weak piriformis' and usually weak core's as well. They'll often times feel it much more in their gluteals, especially the next day. In a perfect scenario with the lifter having no imbalances and picture perfect form, the glutes will not over develop but rather develop proportionally with the quads and the hamstrings.

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2007, 07:11:11 PM »
My glutes are always sore after squats (insert joke here  ::) ) so I've always thought they would.

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2007, 07:17:11 PM »
IMO the glutes develop in proportion to the thighs, which looks good. It's only natural to exercise da butt along with other muscles, and to have it add to, not detract from, the overall look.

The only exception would be someone predisposed to glute development out of proportion to the rest, just as everyone has certain areas that develop easily. That wouldn't be so good. In which case switch exercises before it gets out of hand.

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2007, 07:27:42 PM »
Lot of good answers. Thanks guys!
E

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2007, 07:42:41 PM »
IMO the glutes develop in proportion to the thighs, which looks good. It's only natural to exercise da butt along with other muscles, and to have it add to, not detract from, the overall look.

The only exception would be someone predisposed to glute development out of proportion to the rest, just as everyone has certain areas that develop easily. That wouldn't be so good. In which case switch exercises before it gets out of hand.
I agree with this guy. I don't think the glutes will out-develop the thighs.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2007, 08:11:15 PM »
If you go ass to grass you will see more glute development, but I don't think squatting ATG alone will give you a big arse. Lunges are king when it comes to hitting the glutes hard.. I also find that unilateral leg presses will do the same.
follow the arrows

Cap

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= CSP111
« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2007, 08:55:21 PM »
Squishy face retard

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2007, 06:26:43 AM »
It depends on the girls muscles. Even leg press for 3 weeks can make for a pronounced bubble ass on a girl w/ a nice full ass to start.
I like that look. :P  But if she's woried, she might stick to all isolation. Hacks, exts, curls,....
Problem is that NOTHING amps up the metabolisim like Squats. So you lost the most kick ass way there is to crank up the bodys BMR.
You can mess w/ the stance & depth all you want to take glutes out of it, there still gona get involved some.

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2007, 07:37:25 AM »
hahahahaha, no wonder you're so small.

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2007, 08:04:15 AM »
Leg presses only get you so far. Squats have done for me in a few months what leg press gave me in a year. This being said, I no longer leg press. If you're exercising, and building muscle, you're going to get bigger. How much bigger is genetically or chemically determined. My ass has grown definately from squatting but the ladies love it. Say it's got a nice shape to it. Doesn't have that whole "old frog wearing a pair of pants" look to them like most guys.

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2007, 08:42:27 AM »

You would probably like clean and jerks, and other olympic lifts, dynamic lifts, great for explosive strength.

High jumpers do plenty of power cleans, low reps and very heavy weights (relatively).

-Hedge
As empty as paradise

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #19 on: June 06, 2007, 08:44:30 AM »
yes. highjumpers got great legs

Z

jpm101

• Getbig IV
« Reply #20 on: June 06, 2007, 08:46:55 AM »
Trab said it best with the two most important things about squating.

1) whatever the foot spacing, the flat footed squat will bring the glutes into play (actually the quads, hams and glutes act as a unit when doing most leg exercises..can not have one without the other). If you do want to squat, and reap the benefits, than place the heels on a 2X4, 45lb plate(s), etc to direct more action on the quads/tear drop effect and away from the butt. Keep the upper body  somewhat straight throughout. Can do this with BB Hacks also.

2)  that the squat is one of the superior compound exercises to indeed crank up the BMR to place it in a muscle building state as well as a fat burning zone. Anyone stuck at a point of very slow or no gains might try a short program based around the squat. If a training blast is needed, than try 20 rep breathing squats (or a form of) for max gaining results, with pure muscle mass as the bottom line. Can also apply this method to the DL, SLDL, clean& press/jerk, power cleans, etc. Can do all the leg presses, machines, etc but never approach the effect of heavy, higher rep squating results. And in a much shorter period of time.

If you pre-deposed for a large butt (or hips), you probably have one even before taking up lifting. All the worse if your overweight. For the most part the glutes, for most people, will not dominate over the legs when both are highly developed. Squating can be a major part of anyones full leg program without taking the butt to a too higher level. Women should not be afraid to put in some training time with squats. It can be a great exercise for them, when done right.

Might try one legged exercise also for a balance leg/ham/glute development in both legs.. The step-up or lunges for example. Good Luck.
F

Mike

• Getbig IV
« Reply #21 on: June 06, 2007, 12:07:43 PM »
Assuming it's done with proper form, it depends on the lifter's muscular imbalances. Those with tight hips are going to use mostly their quads instead of the hams and glutes as well. You can spot those folks a mile off with their large thighs and flat behinds.  People with tight glutes have weak piriformis' and usually weak core's as well. They'll often times feel it much more in their gluteals, especially the next day. In a perfect scenario with the lifter having no imbalances and picture perfect form, the glutes will not over develop but rather develop proportionally with the quads and the hamstrings.

Perfect response.

Most people have problems "turning on" their ass, I say it all the time to my clients.  I, for one, have tight hips and big quads and hams but no ass (partially genetics).

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: June 06, 2007, 01:13:45 PM »
I honestly think it easier to take Quads out of the Squat than Glutes & hips.
Watch many top PLers. They Box Squat very wide stance in training. Some only squat w/ out a box at meets.

Many VERY STRONG PLers quads today are NOT THAT DEVELOPED. (Even under the fat & water)
Taking the ass out of the squat is not so easily done. Boards under heels proly best. Or Hacks.

Maybee this girl better w/ a lot of cardio before lifting if she wants to drop BF%.
That or help cannibalize it w/ chemicals.

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: June 06, 2007, 02:01:51 PM »
hahahahaha, no wonder you're so small.

Got more muscle mass than you. Before you respond with a "hahahahah", just post a shirtless pic, I will do the same :)
E

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: June 06, 2007, 02:04:46 PM »
Got more muscle mass than you. Before you respond with a "hahahahah", just post a shirtless pic, I will do the same :)
hahahahahaha, ok "mike" you're right, i mean i'm only 242 pounds here and was squatting 545 and benching 385, i'm no match for your monstrous 180 pounds. ;D