Author Topic: I hate Cell Phones (especially in the gym)....anybody with me?  (Read 7327 times)

Stark

• Getbig V
The Blackberry thread motivated me enough to come clean regarding my hate of Cell Phones the addiction to texting and so forth...

I don't understand folks that cannot part with their Mobile or Blackberry for that matter, I have a Mobil but it's pretty much uncharged at home, I hate to be available all the time.
I understand the factor of being on call if you have your own business but I stop working when my ass leaves the office building, and I hate to be called by so called friends that are simply bored and want to talk to anybody about what ever ::)
Texting is fucking shit as well, I don't need to be informed that my GF is now leaving the train and will be home in 5 min, there are far to many pointless text messages send every day.

I simply hate these things...

But than again, I'm not a very social person in general and like to be with my Girl and have no problem to stay alone over the weekend, I don't need constant stimulation from other people...maybe it's because I actually like myself and have rarely get bored.

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
Re: I hate Cell Phones....anybody with me?
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2007, 06:51:46 AM »
The Blackberry thread motivated me enough to come clean regarding my hate of Cell Phones the addiction to texting and so forth...

I don't understand folks that cannot part with their Mobile or Blackberry for that matter, I have a Mobil but it's pretty much uncharged at home, I hate to be available all the time.
I understand the factor of being on call if you have your own business but I stop working when my ass leaves the office building, and I hate to be called by so called friends that are simply bored and want to talk to anybody about what ever ::)
Texting is fucking shit as well, I don't need to be informed that my GF is now leaving the train and will be home in 5 min, there are far to many pointless text messages send every day.

But than again, I'm not a very social person in general and like to be with my Girl and have no problem to stay alone over the weekend, I don't need constant stimulation from other people...maybe it's because I actually like myself and have rarely get bored.

Is that why you post here all day??  ::) ::)

But i generally agrre with what you say.

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2007, 06:53:19 AM »
Cell phones in a gym annoy the shit out of me. Your there to train...not yap.

PB

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2007, 06:53:47 AM »
What about these clowns calling while they are "training".

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2007, 06:55:42 AM »
I have to admit though, when im doing cardio on a stationary bike...i play the downloaded Hold em Poker on my cell phone and the minutes fly by ...
L

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2007, 06:55:42 AM »
Just because a phone rings or a text message is sent that doesn't mean you have to answer it.  Sometimes I do and sometimes I don't, depending on my mood...  that's what voice mail is for.  A cell phone is there for you to have access to information and communication if you need it, but you're under no obligation to pay attention to it just because it's beeping or whatever.
Ron: "I am lazy."

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2007, 07:05:07 AM »

lengthy post meltdown
Z

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2007, 07:05:55 AM »

You can always spot the guy that is the first time in the gym and feels slightly embarrassed by not knowing what to do first, he usually walks around the gym first and pretends to be on the phone ::)
The same kinda guy but without the phone is glued to the waterbottle and walks around the gym sucking water out of his sports bottle trying his very best not to look in shock and awe at me pushing/benching  500lbs easy ::)

Quote from: Bluto
lengthy post meltdown

Hi asshole ;D

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2007, 07:07:20 AM »
IMO, using a cell in the gym is fine.  you should just go out of your way to be humble and 'not in the way' of everyone else.  Don't spend 10 minutes chatting on the only flat bench.  But if you have to take a call over 3 min, lean on a wall and give up your spot in the weight area.

The Master

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2007, 07:08:37 AM »
Hint: Turn on the "silent" profile.

BigCypriate

• Getbig IV
  • F****n Peasants!
« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2007, 07:10:10 AM »

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2007, 07:11:20 AM »
IMO, using a cell in the gym is fine.  you should just go out of your way to be humble and 'not in the way' of everyone else.  Don't spend 10 minutes chatting on the only flat bench.  But if you have to take a call over 3 min, lean on a wall and give up your spot in the weight area.

You are wrong, as long as you don't have your own business and need to stay in constant contact with your suplier or need and update how the streets work out for your bitches I don't see the need to take that stupid thing in the gym at all.

nycbull

• Getbig V
  • Team Jay Should Have Won
« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2007, 07:13:10 AM »

Agree dude 100%. I hate cell phones. I have to travel a lot and I cannot believe how fcking arrogant some people can be, and it seems to be mostly women. They think everyone is interested in their conversations. They are so self centered and entitled, its digusting.  

And I think you hit it on the head about them needing stimulation, I notice that people that use cell phones in public are usually not very smart people who need some sort of constant low grade stimulation.

If its not the phone then its the iPod, if its not the phone or the IPod its food or drink. Thats why they are all stupid and fat.

The lower classes are such suckers for these stimulations because they are not very educated and cannot think for themselves without some kind of crutch.  It is amazing how these corporations can these sucker people in to buy all their shittt.

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2007, 07:13:44 AM »
IMO, using a cell in the gym is fine.  you should just go out of your way to be humble and 'not in the way' of everyone else.  Don't spend 10 minutes chatting on the only flat bench.  But if you have to take a call over 3 min, lean on a wall and give up your spot in the weight area.

Yeah but normally it looks like this:

Dude is making biceps curls in the Squat rack. While he is in the middle of one of his monster 15kg curls, his Cell phone rings on the other end of the gym, loudest mode some gangsta rap or arabian pop music. The song, which sucks anyway but even more on a cell phone speaker, plays for 2 minutes, then the guy goes over, calls back and sits down on the flat bench or on the backrest of the leg press.

Then he talks in a loud voice, so all guys in the gym can hear he talks to a girl, or he talks to his buddy about a girl.  ::) ::)

This is repeated in at least 3 sets with 5-6 repitions, more than he actually trains.

Bottom line> Cell phone in the gym suck.

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2007, 07:17:00 AM »
I agree, they're fucking annoying.

I think people who overuse their cellphones are insecure and need constant contact with others.

The lower classes are such suckers for these stimulations because they are not very educated and cannot think for themselves without some kind of crutch.  It is amazing how these corporations can these sucker people in to buy all their shittt.

So true!  ;D I always run into some ugly fat hag on the train with a baby stroller and she's mouthing off on her phone like no one else on the train is entitled to a peaceful ride.

Monster_Everything

• Getbig IV
  • WOW, he REALLY just said that? (looks at camera)
« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2007, 07:17:18 AM »
I bring my cell phone with me to the gym but never answer it......sometimes a muthafucca just wants some peace and quiet ...

however , I do admit that i wish i had brought mine with me last night...

the Knunchuck/karate man was in the gym and I wanted some video footage of it hahahahahahahah

what a tool
The Number 2 in Scranton

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2007, 07:19:17 AM »
And to give the whole thread and racial paint over...

I know people will bash me now and try to accuse me for being ignorant, but I have noticed that black people (most of the black people here in Ireland come from Nigeria) talk very loud on their phone and don't seem to mind to have a fight for ages on the phone, I had to remind a lady TWICE that she is not alone in the bus, and she got all pissy with me.

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2007, 07:24:37 AM »
FYI Paris Hilton's been separated from her cell for 2 days now.  :'(

Cell phone = the cigarette of the new millenium.

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2007, 07:31:07 AM »
FYI Paris Hilton's been separated from her cell for 2 days now.  :'(

Cell phone = the cigarette of the new millenium.

Don't get me started on that bitch....

She got slammed on the MTV awards by this Commedian Chick :D

Quote:
Yeah Paris Hilton has to go to prison now....(a lot of people started cheering)... Guards say she will not get speacial treatments, but I don't believe that for a second, they are going to paint the steel bares like penises....(everybody laughs apart from Paris).... I just hope she does not break her teeth when she bites into them.....(at that point Paris looks seriously pissed off)

Movie is somewhere on liveleak.com

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: June 06, 2007, 07:34:33 AM »

I know people will bash me now and try to accuse me for being ignorant, but I have noticed that black people (most of the black people here in Ireland come from Nigeria) talk very loud on their phone and don't seem to mind to have a fight for ages on the phone, I had to remind a lady TWICE that she is not alone in the bus, and she got all pissy with me.

Yeah..

Here a guy answers his phone like this "YO SON WHAT UP G I BE HITTIN UP YO CRIB IN 10 N1GGA WESTSIDEEEEE WHAT!"

Or if they're answering to their girl:

"YOU MAMI I ADORE UUU KIDDD AHAHHAHAHA SON U MAH GIRL MAH BABY MOMMA WHUTTT?!?"

I hope National Geographic does a special about these people.. They seem like a new species.

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
Re: I hate Cell Phones (especially in the gym)....anybody with me?
« Reply #20 on: June 06, 2007, 07:36:11 AM »
Hey Stark, did you order your Latvian bride via phone?

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: June 06, 2007, 07:36:40 AM »

like i wrote, gangsta rap or arabian pop music...  ;D ;D

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: June 06, 2007, 07:38:40 AM »
Hey Stark, did you order your Latvian bride via phone?

no they come for free with you if you are as good looking as myself ::)
Who are you again?...

like i wrote, gangsta rap or arabian pop music

Or that Crazy frog shit... Man you have to laugh at people that pay for their ringrones ::) If they would know that you could download most of them for free on Torrent pages ::)

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: June 06, 2007, 07:39:21 AM »
no they come for free with you if you are as good looking as myself ::)
Who are you again?...

Or that Crazy frog shit... Man you have to laugh at people that pay for their ringrones ::) If they would know that you could download most of them for free on Torrent pages ::)

;D ;D ;D

Stark

• Getbig V