Author Topic: I hate Cell Phones (especially in the gym)....anybody with me?  (Read 7281 times)

PhoenixRising

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
Re: I hate Cell Phones (especially in the gym)....anybody with me?
« Reply #75 on: June 06, 2007, 09:52:28 PM »
There seems to be a new trend were not only do people talk loud when they are on their damn phone but they switch it to speaker phone so now we get the pleasure of listening to both sides of the conversation.  I hate that!

Moosejay

« Reply #76 on: June 06, 2007, 10:25:27 PM »

Hello.

There is a simple and enjoyable solution to all of this malarkey.

One of my very generous patients gave me, as a gift, a cell phone "jammer".

This interesting little toy is about as illegal as a radar detector (or so I am told).

It looks very much like a regular cell phone, thus, you will not be suspected of anything once you decide to take control of your surroundings.

Once activated, it disrupts and shuts down every cell phone for a 75 foot radius.

I use it in my clinic(people will talk on it while I am doing an examination on them!);while teaching at the university; in the movie house; restaurants; and, especially after landing after a plane flight, and the captain says "you may now use your electronic devices".

Of course, there is no cell phone usage "allowed" when I am in the gym :).

It depends on my irritation levels.

But, in any event, I enjoy silence everywhere I go.

Best,

Dr. D

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #77 on: June 06, 2007, 10:27:46 PM »
Hello.

This interesting little toy is about as illegal as a radar detector (or so I am told).

It looks very much like a regular cell phone, thus, you will not be suspected of anything once you decide to take control of your surroundings.

Once activated, it disrupts and shuts down every cell phone for a 75 foot radius.

I use it in my clinic(people will talk on it while I am doing an examination on them!);while teaching at the university; in the movie house; restaurants; and, especially after landing after a plane flight, and the captain says "you may now use your electronic devices".

Best,

Dr. D

TYo much fucking effort...

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #78 on: June 07, 2007, 04:09:25 AM »
Hello.

Best,

Dr. D

Heehee I luv it!  Heres a guy who takes action.

musclehedz

• Getbig IV
« Reply #79 on: June 07, 2007, 04:47:08 AM »
Signed Stark, except the staff maybe. But that's an exception.

MikeThaMachine

• Getbig V
  • WTF Happened, BBing Is Dead. I Didn't Miss A Thing
« Reply #80 on: June 07, 2007, 04:54:53 AM »
Hello.

Best,

Dr. D

Your such an asshole if that's true... What if someone's children or family had had an emergancy and they couldn't receive the call cause of your dumb ass. Be considerate of others unless you like being treated like a grumpy old shit.
I

MikeThaMachine

• Getbig V
« Reply #81 on: June 07, 2007, 05:09:54 AM »
This is just rambling...

Or a perfect description of yourself and/or wife.
I

migizi

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #82 on: June 07, 2007, 05:28:05 AM »
I keep mine on because I have kids, in fact I found out from a call in the gym that my daughter fell off the swingset at her school. The school tried calling my house but my wife was out with my other two.  So if anyone had a jammer when I got a call like that. My daughter was in the nurses office with a 4 inch gash under her chin and cheek, there are things written down that if no parents are able to be reached then they call protective services..There are'nt words to describe what I'd think or do,  your fucking with peoples lives.   But I agree that loud unimportant babble should not be tolerated in a gym.

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #83 on: June 07, 2007, 05:32:25 AM »
I keep mine on because I have kids, in fact I found out from a call in the gym that my daughter fell off the swingset at her school. The school tried calling my house but my wife was out with my other two.  So if anyone had a jammer when I got a call like that. My daughter was in the nurses office with a 4 inch gash under her chin and cheek, there are things written down that if no parents are able to be reached then they call protective services..There are'nt words to describe what I'd think or do,  your fucking with peoples lives.   But I agree that loud unimportant babble should not be tolerated in a gym.

I wonder what people 50 years ago would have done ::)

MikeThaMachine

• Getbig V
« Reply #84 on: June 07, 2007, 06:38:47 AM »
I wonder what people 50 years ago would have done ::)

People were tougher back then, his daughter would have just got up and kicked the shit out of the swingset. ;D

I keep mine on because I have kids, in fact I found out from a call in the gym that my daughter fell off the swingset at her school. The school tried calling my house but my wife was out with my other two.  So if anyone had a jammer when I got a call like that. My daughter was in the nurses office with a 4 inch gash under her chin and cheek, there are things written down that if no parents are able to be reached then they call protective services..There are'nt words to describe what I'd think or do,  your fucking with peoples lives.   But I agree that loud unimportant babble should not be tolerated in a gym.

Exactly in the gym I work at there have been many times people got calls in which they had to leave immediately cause it was an emergency. Sometimes it is very annoying when people talk and babble forever but I can understand when someone owns a business and needs to take calls.
I

Mike

• Getbig IV
« Reply #85 on: June 07, 2007, 09:54:35 PM »

People were tougher back then, his daughter would have just got up and kicked the shit out of the swingset. ;D

Exactly in the gym I work at there have been many times people got calls in which they had to leave immediately cause it was an emergency. Sometimes it is very annoying when people talk and babble forever but I can understand when someone owns a business and needs to take calls.

Keep your phone on you at the gym....fine.  Answering it in the middle of the gym floor....not ok.   

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #86 on: June 07, 2007, 10:03:40 PM »

I can't, every business can close for an hour, while the owner works out.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

HowieW

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #87 on: June 08, 2007, 12:00:19 AM »
There seems to be a new trend were not only do people talk loud when they are on their damn phone but they switch it to speaker phone so now we get the pleasure of listening to both sides of the conversation.  I hate that!

I know and let me tall you, what minute, ok ...ring...ring, hold on I need to get that.
Kelly Ryan married well!  Free Titus!

gh15

• Getbig V
  • angels
« Reply #88 on: June 08, 2007, 12:15:06 AM »
i hate cells and i hate computers

i hate using cells and try not to as much as i can
i hate computers but using them because they made me richer than i ever imagined possible from bodybuilding,,i right now can stop and sit and never work a day in my life and my whole family is fixed for ever,,so gotta give the computers some credit for that
fallen angel

Matt C

• Getbig V
  • The White Vince Goodrum
« Reply #89 on: June 08, 2007, 12:19:27 AM »
i hate cells and i hate computers

i hate using cells and try not to as much as i can
i hate computers but using them because they made me richer than i ever imagined possible from bodybuilding,,i right now can stop and sit and never work a day in my life and my whole family is fixed for ever,,so gotta give the computers some credit for that

Translated = gh15 makes over $1,000 a day tax free.  ;D

Allow me to say I am very much morally in favour of what you do.  That being said, why not retire from the drug game?  Don't you stand to get in trouble if caught?
Bodybuilding Pro.com

gh15

• Getbig V
  • angels
« Reply #90 on: June 08, 2007, 12:25:58 AM »
sure,,and the bodybuilding cops you see around will grow on donuts,, sure..
the key rule and most important of them all is DO NOT USE OR SELL NARCOTICS AND PAINKILLERS,,the greedy ones fall hard and bad because they are greedy,, also keep your shit off usa land to make everyone happy,,

but someone gotta supply le too ya know.. some of the greatest bodybuilders have been cops ;)
fallen angel

Matt C

• Getbig V
  • The White Vince Goodrum
« Reply #91 on: June 08, 2007, 12:35:00 AM »
sure,,and the bodybuilding cops you see around will grow on donuts,, sure..
the key rule and most important of them all is DO NOT USE OR SELL NARCOTICS AND PAINKILLERS,,the greedy ones fall hard and bad because they are greedy,, also keep your shit off usa land to make everyone happy,,

but someone gotta supply le too ya know.. some of the greatest bodybuilders have been cops ;)

Greed is having a sense of entitlement to something that is not yours.  Making as much money as possible by selling narcotics or by some other measure is not greedy.  It would only be greedy if it infringed on the rights of another person which it does not.  But I understand the point you're making - don't grow too big or get into the types of drugs which piss off authorities.  I met a cop who works out at my gym who is juiced.  I would rather see a cop like that because he can do his job.  In 50 years, all drugs will be completely legalized anyway, so make all the money you can while you can!
Bodybuilding Pro.com

MikeThaMachine

• Getbig V
« Reply #92 on: June 08, 2007, 03:07:00 AM »
I can't, every business can close for an hour, while the owner works out.

Not all, what about contractors, landscapers, cleaning business',  people who makes well over 6 digits a year for big companies etc... Some people can't just stop their workers especially when they are at various locations, also like some at my gym they need to be on standby for all kinds of shit cause they work for Law Firms or are Executives for large companies.
I

ButtonMan

« Reply #93 on: June 08, 2007, 03:46:50 AM »
The Blackberry thread motivated me enough to come clean regarding my hate of Cell Phones the addiction to texting and so forth...

I don't understand folks that cannot part with their Mobile or Blackberry for that matter, I have a Mobil but it's pretty much uncharged at home, I hate to be available all the time.
I understand the factor of being on call if you have your own business but I stop working when my ass leaves the office building, and I hate to be called by so called friends that are simply bored and want to talk to anybody about what ever ::)
Texting is fucking shit as well, I don't need to be informed that my GF is now leaving the train and will be home in 5 min, there are far to many pointless text messages send every day.

I simply hate these things...

But than again, I'm not a very social person in general and like to be with my Girl and have no problem to stay alone over the weekend, I don't need constant stimulation from other people...maybe it's because I actually like myself and have rarely get bored.

Translation = I wish somebody would call me on my mobile

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #94 on: June 08, 2007, 04:02:28 AM »
Translation = I wish somebody would call me on my mobile

So I complain that IF i have my mobile phone charged and with me that I'm getting called and you think I wish people to call me?

iyip yip yip you are not to smart ::)

ButtonMan

« Reply #95 on: June 08, 2007, 04:06:44 AM »
So I complain that IF i have my mobile phone charged and with me that I'm getting called and you think I wish people to call me?

iyip yip yip you are not to smart ::)

Don't be ashamed, you're not alone with your problem

Just contact delusionals anonymous, they'll be happy to hear from you

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #96 on: June 08, 2007, 04:13:32 AM »
Don't be ashamed, you're not alone with your problem

Just contact delusionals anonymous, they'll be happy to hear from you

oh hi bluto ;D

ButtonMan

« Reply #97 on: June 08, 2007, 04:31:54 AM »
oh hi bluto ;D

You are regressing

You claim to be in higher management and yet you say you hate mobile phones ( which nobody calls you on  )

yip yip

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #98 on: June 08, 2007, 04:41:14 AM »
You are regressing

You claim to be in higher management and yet you say you hate mobile phones ( which nobody calls you on  )

yip yip

Dummer guy ^^

ButtonMan

« Reply #99 on: June 08, 2007, 04:49:09 AM »
Dummer guy ^^

We are worried about you Stark. You're claims become increasingly outrageous.

There's no need for you to start posting pics out of DK collection ............ he has been exposed already