Author Topic: pre synthol arms  (Read 56543 times)

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: pre synthol arms
« Reply #125 on: July 02, 2007, 07:20:24 AM »
today's
F

BEAST 8692

• Getbig IV
« Reply #126 on: July 03, 2007, 05:18:56 AM »
i'm trying to work out why leo costa is in there?

are you leo funk?

if you are, that's cool. he had a great physique. got busted for some roid distribution rap back in the 90's, but had some very good ideas  re training.

he learnt some things from the bulgarian sytem and tried to apply it to bbing ie 'serious growth' principles.

it was innovative, insightful and somewhat revolutionary considering that, with yates bringing hit well and truly back into the spotlight, 'serious growth' went completely in the other direction ie 6 days pw, 3 times per day, etc and costa had the physique to back his talk which is always refreshing. i actually tried it and made great gains naturally. only problem was that i ended not having time and motivation (stuffed from all the training) to do all the training sports specific training that i was supposed to be doing.

Figo

• Getbig V
« Reply #127 on: July 03, 2007, 06:58:04 AM »

are you leo funk?

if you are, that's cool. he had a great physique. got busted for some roid distribution rap back in the 90's, but had some very good ideas  re training.

he learnt some things from the bulgarian sytem and tried to apply it to bbing ie 'serious growth' principles.

it was innovative, insightful and somewhat revolutionary considering that, with yates bringing hit well and truly back into the spotlight, 'serious growth' went completely in the other direction ie 6 days pw, 3 times per day, etc and costa had the physique to back his talk which is always refreshing. i actually tried it and made great gains naturally. only problem was that i ended not having time and motivation (stuffed from all the training) to do all the training sports specific training that i was supposed to be doing.

Not power factor?

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #128 on: July 03, 2007, 07:05:51 AM »

are you leo funk?

Some guys have pointed out that, the East block and Soviets, hand picked only the Most Genetic superior to train.
That the average guy has little chance of holding up to that volume and intensity.
I tried 6 days wk in my 20s and it quickly became overkill. And, I was practically indestructible then.

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #129 on: July 03, 2007, 08:45:05 AM »
no i'm not leo costa put him on because he was one of the strongest bbers ever. and today's arms
F

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #130 on: July 04, 2007, 07:38:08 AM »
today's
F

BEAST 8692

• Getbig IV
« Reply #131 on: July 05, 2007, 08:22:10 AM »
Not power factor?

no, not power factor Figo. i believe that was little and sisco cashing in on partial rep training which, of course, strength athletes have known about since hercules was a boy.

funk, what makes you believe leo costa 'was one of the strongest bodybuilders ever'?

Figo

• Getbig V
« Reply #132 on: July 05, 2007, 10:56:13 AM »
no, not power factor Figo. i believe that was little and sisco cashing in on partial rep training which, of course, strength athletes have known about since hercules was a boy.

funk, what makes you believe leo costa 'was one of the strongest bodybuilders ever'?

Yes, De Mayo was poster boy, right?

Wasnt Platz affiliated to Costa's system?

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #133 on: July 06, 2007, 09:17:49 AM »
i read in an old mag that costa was supposed to be strong.
F

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #134 on: July 08, 2007, 10:15:08 AM »
more
F