Author Topic: Question for Chick, re: Union  (Read 3185 times)

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
Re: Question for Chick, re: Union
« Reply #25 on: June 07, 2007, 10:12:34 PM »
It got changed to Brute, I enterprises at some point....probably some legal thing........you old bastard!

gotta hit the hay, boys..I'm on the east coast!

Hahahaha Damn, I thought I had you on that one. Yep we old brotha.  ;D

Matt C

• Getbig V
  • The White Vince Goodrum
« Reply #26 on: June 07, 2007, 10:13:32 PM »
I'm really not sure why unions would work in sports when they fail in almost every other modern day economic activity.  I would have to research that.
Bodybuilding Pro.com

The Coach

« Reply #27 on: June 07, 2007, 10:16:30 PM »
It got changed to Brute, I enterprises at some point....probably some legal thing........you old bastard!

Hahahahahaha......I remember I Brute Enterprises when I was a kid, damn, we are old ;D

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #28 on: June 08, 2007, 04:52:52 AM »
I'm really not sure why unions would work in sports when they fail in almost every other modern day economic activity.  I would have to research that.

sounds like you better research the entire statement you made. :)

befit124

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #29 on: June 08, 2007, 05:14:48 AM »
Chick, now that Wayne is gone why can't you try to unionize everyone again.

Saxon

• Getbig IV
  • Heavy Metal Thunder
« Reply #30 on: June 08, 2007, 05:58:29 AM »

Perhaps you should read an economics text book first  :-\

As for a union, there is no need one.  Get rid of the rule stating that self-contractors can only compete in one organisation, allow real or virtual competition and then promoters and bodybuilders will all benefit.  Pretty simple really.

donrhummy

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #31 on: June 08, 2007, 06:33:42 AM »

Simple. The rich have more power than the poor. The owners in sports are rich but so are the union members, so it makes it a close to even playing field. In normal life, union members are poor and need their job to support their family, so they have a fear (and an inability to get the best lawyers). A baseball player can go on strike and be comfortable with the fact that even if he never works again, he's got $3 million (or $100 million) in the bank.

Scooby

• Getbig II
  • Can you dig it?
« Reply #32 on: June 08, 2007, 09:39:45 AM »
Real answer...fear of retribution from your boy Wayne, who parked himself outside to see who went in, and threatened contracts to many athletes....

Yes... It was a little odd seeing Wayne sitting in the Doubletree lounge area with a notepad and pen, maybe it was just a coincidence and he was working on a speech... but it certainly made more than a few athletes on their way to that meeting turn around or pretend to be going to the lounge area themselves.  And lets not forget the 2 athletes that sat right there in the aisleway telling athletes not to go because nobody else was.

If I remember correctly one of the main points of organizing back then and should still be today was "Heath Care"... by organizing everyone Chick was trying to get group coverage.  But alas with no organized group, there is no coverage.

Chick was told by many people that bodybuilding is a sport of individuals, and they would never come together as a group... and those people were right... but Chick still tried <props to Chick for trying>.  In the post-Wayne era, the Athlete Rep is a way for athletes to have a say since they had no desire to organize... and really it comes down to the Athlete Rep is kinda like the Union Rep anyway... just not representing a "group" recognized as a "legal organization" such as a union.  Which again means no benefits like healthcare under the law.

Nobody in the post-Wayne era would care if a Union was formed... Wayne feared everyone organizing against him, which wouldn't have happened and still won't happen in todays environment because every athlete is out for themself... if everyone said let's strike at the Olympia... maybe 5-10 would and the rest would be sticking around looking to place higher because someone who would have beat them left, and the show would still go on.

Chick if any of my facts are incorrect... please feel free to correct me.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #33 on: June 08, 2007, 01:03:31 PM »
Yes... It was a little odd seeing Wayne sitting in the Doubletree lounge area with a notepad and pen, maybe it was just a coincidence and he was working on a speech... but it certainly made more than a few athletes on their way to that meeting turn around or pretend to be going to the lounge area themselves.  And lets not forget the 2 athletes that sat right there in the aisleway telling athletes not to go because nobody else was.

If I remember correctly one of the main points of organizing back then and should still be today was "Heath Care"... by organizing everyone Chick was trying to get group coverage.  But alas with no organized group, there is no coverage.

Chick was told by many people that bodybuilding is a sport of individuals, and they would never come together as a group... and those people were right... but Chick still tried <props to Chick for trying>.  In the post-Wayne era, the Athlete Rep is a way for athletes to have a say since they had no desire to organize... and really it comes down to the Athlete Rep is kinda like the Union Rep anyway... just not representing a "group" recognized as a "legal organization" such as a union.  Which again means no benefits like healthcare under the law.

Nobody in the post-Wayne era would care if a Union was formed... Wayne feared everyone organizing against him, which wouldn't have happened and still won't happen in todays environment because every athlete is out for themself... if everyone said let's strike at the Olympia... maybe 5-10 would and the rest would be sticking around looking to place higher because someone who would have beat them left, and the show would still go on.

Chick if any of my facts are incorrect... please feel free to correct me.

Just one correction...lets should have a ' in it...! ;D ;

All true, my brother from another mother......all true.

Scooby

• Getbig II
  • Can you dig it?
« Reply #34 on: June 08, 2007, 01:15:08 PM »
Just one correction...lets should have a ' in it...! ;D ;

Ahhh... spellcheck doesn't correct grammer errors.
So how's the hometown lookin?

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: June 08, 2007, 01:20:06 PM »
Ahhh... spellcheck doesn't correct grammer errors.
So how's the hometown lookin?

Like a time capsule from 1989...

rocco911

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #36 on: June 08, 2007, 01:59:24 PM »
fear and selfishness

That about sums it up.

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: June 08, 2007, 04:15:46 PM »
Like a time capsule from 1989...

it's the rustbelt capital of the world

;)

donrhummy

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #38 on: June 09, 2007, 11:01:11 PM »
So Chick, why don't you send this thread to all the pro BB's so they'll learn that it's safer post-Wayne and then try again?

Wombat

• Getbig IV
  • Your name tattooed to my ass!
« Reply #39 on: June 09, 2007, 11:56:29 PM »
YES HE COULD AND DID..I KNOW THAT BETTER THEN ANYONE...BUT WHY ARE THEY AFRAID NOW........WAYNE IS GONE SO THEY MUST KNOW SOMETHING......WHICH IS THE SHIT STILL HAPPENS....ADMIT IT.....POLITICS AND BEING BLACKBALLED STILL GOES ON..........I KNOW YOU ARE SMART ENOUGH TO KNOW THAT...YOU HANG AROUNG THE RIGHT PEOPLE YOU SEE AND HEAR IT DOES........

Do you ever think that maybe the problem is that you "Lee" one of the premier guys in the business, are on the boards telling all the up and comers how biased and fuked up the IFBB is and was....Maybe they have been listening to you all these years.  And how you used to say how wayne fcked you over ect...Can you for one minute even consider that you were probably one of the main problems to guys coming forward...

Now fast forward and you and the man who fcked you over(wayne) are all you have and that all the up and comers can see the hypocrisy that comes out of your mouth...

In most people's minds Lee, If someone fuks you over (Wayne) as you stated many times in the past...You move away from that person...You are like the wife that stays with the man that beats her(no irony intended)...Your on here telling everyone how great this person is now when everyone knows the past...Its truely pathetic Lee...You know I rip on you alittle bit here but just out of fun. But i will say this to you. If someone fcks me over in the real world, I can forgive them for sure but they would not be in my life what so ever....And i bet my house that 99% of most sane people follow that same logic...

A sane man would not follow a man who has shown over and over that he has fcked you and everyone else in your business over many, many times...You should have met with this guy when he got in touch with you and bet his ass to a bloody pulp...That is what someone who doesn't give a fck does...To me Lee you are a total phoney...Guys like Wayne should have had their asses handed to them by guys who say they are bad asses(you)...If Wayne didn't deserve it Lee, then who did? How many times over the years have you said on here you will meet up to fight someone...The answer Lee is countless...And you have said that to no names...People you don't even know and have done nothing to you other then words...But the men who truly fck you over get what Lee...A signed contract? Dinner and a movie?

You are a barking dog that comes at people when your on a leash...Knowing the leash won't quite get to the person...So you will never have to battle it out...Because when your off that leash, you tail goes right between your legs and you brush up to the person looking to get your ego patted...

Four words Lee---Your a fucking Pussy!!!

oh yeah PS....You got BDS(baby dick syndrom)!!!

Lee_a_priest

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #40 on: June 10, 2007, 06:55:00 AM »
F UCK I JUST WASTED A MINUTE OF LIFE READING THAT................NOT TO MENTION YOUR WASTED LIFE WRITING IT.........

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: June 10, 2007, 07:04:30 AM »
So Chick, why don't you send this thread to all the pro BB's so they'll learn that it's safer post-Wayne and then try again?

Because I went a different route, and now work WITH Jim Manion, Raphael Sontonja, and the rest of the IFBB brass to make change for the athletes...

So far, I am pleased with the progress thats been made, and changes we've implemented....

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: June 10, 2007, 09:49:00 AM »

Do you ever think that maybe the problem is that you "Lee" one of the premier guys in the business, are on the boards telling all the up and comers how biased and fuked up the IFBB is and was....Maybe they have been listening to you all these years.  And how you used to say how wayne fcked you over ect...Can you for one minute even consider that you were probably one of the main problems to guys coming forward...

Now fast forward and you and the man who fcked you over(wayne) are all you have and that all the up and comers can see the hypocrisy that comes out of your mouth...

In most people's minds Lee, If someone fuks you over (Wayne) as you stated many times in the past...You move away from that person...You are like the wife that stays with the man that beats her(no irony intended)...Your on here telling everyone how great this person is now when everyone knows the past...Its truely pathetic Lee...You know I rip on you alittle bit here but just out of fun. But i will say this to you. If someone fcks me over in the real world, I can forgive them for sure but they would not be in my life what so ever....And i bet my house that 99% of most sane people follow that same logic...

A sane man would not follow a man who has shown over and over that he has fcked you and everyone else in your business over many, many times...You should have met with this guy when he got in touch with you and bet his ass to a bloody pulp...That is what someone who doesn't give a fck does...To me Lee you are a total phoney...Guys like Wayne should have had their asses handed to them by guys who say they are bad asses(you)...If Wayne didn't deserve it Lee, then who did? How many times over the years have you said on here you will meet up to fight someone...The answer Lee is countless...And you have said that to no names...People you don't even know and have done nothing to you other then words...But the men who truly fck you over get what Lee...A signed contract? Dinner and a movie?

You are a barking dog that comes at people when your on a leash...Knowing the leash won't quite get to the person...So you will never have to battle it out...Because when your off that leash, you tail goes right between your legs and you brush up to the person looking to get your ego patted...

Jesus fuck little wombat, write a book next time why don't you. Little bit of advice, next time have a point.   :)
bodybuildersreality.com

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #43 on: June 10, 2007, 12:45:00 PM »

I only read some of it, but from what I read.  Do you think Lee realizes that Wayne didn't always act on his own.  He followed the orders of Weider.  Have any of you thought this.  Did you really think a guy like Weider who likes to control everything would not get involved with what Wayne was doing.  Do you really think that?  So openly Wayne did most things, you do think Weider didn't know about it.  God! get some brains. 

Wombat

• Getbig IV
« Reply #44 on: June 10, 2007, 07:44:16 PM »
F UCK I JUST WASTED A MINUTE OF LIFE READING THAT................NOT TO MENTION YOUR WASTED LIFE WRITING IT.........

If your reading is like your writing which i bet the house it is, then my bet is it took you 10 minutes to read it ;)

Wombat

• Getbig IV
« Reply #45 on: June 10, 2007, 07:45:11 PM »
Jesus fuck little wombat, write a book next time why don't you. Little bit of advice, next time have a point.   :)

point is Lee is a phoney...Hope this helps...

Wombat

• Getbig IV
« Reply #46 on: June 10, 2007, 07:57:42 PM »
I only read some of it, but from what I read.  Do you think Lee realizes that Wayne didn't always act on his own.  He followed the orders of Weider.  Have any of you thought this.  Did you really think a guy like Weider who likes to control everything would not get involved with what Wayne was doing.  Do you really think that?  So openly Wayne did most things, you do think Weider didn't know about it.  God! get some brains. 

Of course it comes from the top...Why isn't Lee openingly battering weider? Instead he went after the messenger...And thats because he has no balls...He goes after guys like Chick and Shawn but Lee won't say shit about Weider....Why is that?

Your saying it comes from the top...And i agree...So Lee should really only be going after Weider right?  Why doesn't he?

If Wayne was just the messenger like you say and Lee has no problem with wayne, then really Lee's only problem should be with Weider and Weider alone...Everything else is just noise...And Lee won't make to much noise about Weider will he...That my friend tells me that he is a phoney and has no balls...

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: June 10, 2007, 08:18:47 PM »
To form a union you first have to have something (a labor force or skillset) that is needed by somebody to have any barganing power. And that somebody has to be able to produce big revenue, to make profits and pay the union workforce.  Where does this fit with BB?  I would say the money is with the supplement industry.

How would a union work in BB??  Should everyone make the same money?  How could that work?  Mr. last place making the same as Mr. O?  How would the endorsements work.

I say quit trying to make BB something it aint and that is a big widely accepetd sport, hell Im into it and find the shows pretty boring.  Although I do like the pre-judging most, maybe the shows should be the pre-judging? 

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #48 on: June 10, 2007, 08:26:16 PM »
To form a union you first have to have something (a labor force or skillset) that is needed by somebody to have any barganing power. And that somebody has to be able to produce big revenue, to make profits and pay the union workforce.  Where does this fit with BB?  I would say the money is with the supplement industry.

How would a union work in BB??  Should everyone make the same money?  How could that work?  Mr. last place making the same as Mr. O?  How would the endorsements work.

I say quit trying to make BB something it aint and that is a big widely accepetd sport, hell Im into it and find the shows pretty boring.  Although I do like the pre-judging most, maybe the shows should be the pre-judging? 
there ya go...