Author Topic: Attendance at the Colorado pro  (Read 8469 times)

Mr. Cortisol

• Getbig IV
  • Twink, Twink, little star.
Re: Attendance at the Colorado pro
« Reply #75 on: June 10, 2007, 06:15:07 PM »
Ok, I was actually at the damn show and expo, no the place was not another close to a sell out but at least 1000 were in attendance at the show,the first 6-7 rows were packed but about 35-40% of aprox 3000 seat venue  was filled. Saying you can judge with the same degree of acuracy from a streaming video box is ludicrous.
Goat- did you go to the actual show. Oh, I have no vested interested in this show or the IFBB, s am pretty objective

crowded place, monster success... not ONE picture?  And video shows empty place.

pathetic you'd expect us to believe this with NO EVIDENCE.   Not only that, but evidence to the contrary.
Addicted to the Steal

Jerryme7

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Check out www.muscleshoppe.com for the best prices
« Reply #76 on: June 10, 2007, 06:19:19 PM »
It was a pleasure meeting you and your gilfriend , Howie!!

I just wished wished more people on getbig would support the shows and support other getbiggers...

beatmaster

• Getbig IV
  • Save a tree, eat a beaver
« Reply #77 on: June 10, 2007, 06:19:45 PM »

can someone confirm this............. a pic please....
are you delusional?

Jerryme7

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #78 on: June 10, 2007, 06:20:44 PM »
Ok here is a pic of last year's Colorado Pro Expo!!

Remember more people attended this year than last...

You guys should have told me you wanted a pic of the people from the audience..I would have done so...

SteelePegasus

• Getbig V
  • Life, death, in between is getbig.com
« Reply #79 on: June 10, 2007, 06:25:53 PM »
How come no one said Vince took first place.  I love it how he still manages to get the crowd going when poses by going down into the crowd.  A true IFBB Pro

ROFL..fucking classic
Here comes the money shot

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #80 on: June 10, 2007, 06:51:37 PM »
lol..I wonder if that guy is there by mistake?

He was, he went up to my buddy and asked when the tranny show started. My buddy told him that this was a bodybuilding show. The guy got pissed and started saying something about "that damn Sean Raye" under his breath.  :o

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #81 on: June 10, 2007, 07:08:40 PM »

He was, he went up to my buddy and asked when the tranny show started. My buddy told him that this was a bodybuilding show.

Same thing.  :-X
Ron: "I am lazy."

New Hank Wood

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #82 on: June 10, 2007, 09:34:59 PM »
The fact is, The Colo will be up and running next year! Even bigger, even better!

The auditorium and expo sales, exceeded all  our expectations!

The haters weren't even there!  Hahahahaha

And Keith, why are you too frightened to show your fat-face at The O this year?
Is it something to do with the word 'family'?  LOL

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #83 on: June 10, 2007, 09:41:19 PM »

Keith has a very leitimate excuse for not going the the O in Las Vegas....  he lives in Hawaii and the airlines don't have seats big enough to accommodate him.  I mean, sure, he could hitch a ride on a ship but it would take forever to get to the mainland, and it's not realistic to expect him to do that.
Ron: "I am lazy."

sgt. d

• Getbig V
  • Don't tase me bro
« Reply #84 on: June 10, 2007, 10:11:32 PM »
Anybody on here can tell that Hank Wood is not Shawn.

HowieW

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #85 on: June 11, 2007, 11:12:22 AM »
The fact is, The Colo will be up and running next year! Even bigger, even better!

The auditorium and expo sales, exceeded all  our expectations!

The haters weren't even there!  Hahahahaha

Look it was a good show with a decent albiet not capacity crowd. I loved the event and will go back next yr.
I have never seen such interest in a bb shows attendance ...ever. Plus, the only "crowd experts" seem to be the ones that never went to the show...wtf?
For those that missed it, you lost out. It was a top line up, an expo with lots of vendors and plenty of chances to mingle, get samples, etc. The NPC event was decent and the pro figure was packed with a boatload of sexy, fit gals.
I can't fathom why some here want to crack on THIS particular show.? Howard
Howard
Kelly Ryan married well!  Free Titus!

Jerryme7

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #86 on: June 11, 2007, 11:13:50 AM »
You guys call yourselves fans?

Support the shows and support the bodybuilders!!

HowieW

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #87 on: June 11, 2007, 11:18:38 AM »
You guys call yourselves fans?

Support the shows and support the bodybuilders!!

Some here actually think that the true fan of the future will watch it on a lil' streamin' video box while they stay at home and play pocket pool. Ok, I don't go to all the shows, but I do try to go to a few when I can.
I also think it is a GREAT idea to have the video feed for those who can't go. However, to say the video feed is just like being there is wacky in my opinion.
I have also read where some only go to the PJ and are too cheap to buy a ticket to the nightshow.
That is pretty cheap and not much of a fan if you ask me.
Kelly Ryan married well!  Free Titus!

Jerryme7

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #88 on: June 11, 2007, 11:29:28 AM »
HowieW said 
Some here actually think that the true fan of the future will watch it on a lil' streamin' video box while they stay at home and play pocket pool. Ok, I don't go to all the shows, but I do try to go to a few when I can.
I also think it is a GREAT idea to have the video feed for those who can't go. However, to say the video feed is just like being there is wacky in my opinion.
I have also read where some only go to the PJ and are too cheap to buy a ticket to the nightshow.
That is pretty cheap and not much of a fan if you ask me.

I agree with you brother!!

Mr. Cortisol

• Getbig IV
  • Twink, Twink, little star.
« Reply #89 on: June 11, 2007, 11:33:46 AM »
Anybody on here can tell that Hank Wood is not Shawn.

thanks for the info shawn
Addicted to the Steal

sgt. d

• Getbig V
  • Don't tase me bro
« Reply #90 on: June 11, 2007, 11:43:31 AM »
thanks for the info shawn

Enough already.

Ron already said along time ago that none of the pros have gimmick accounts. This sex offender Mr. Cortisol needs to be locked up.

sgt. d

• Getbig V
  • Don't tase me bro
« Reply #91 on: June 11, 2007, 11:45:39 AM »
Most of the people in this thread isnt bodybuilding fans.

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #92 on: June 11, 2007, 12:25:14 PM »
Most of the people in this thread isnt bodybuilding fans.

aren't

sgt. d

• Getbig V
  • Don't tase me bro
« Reply #93 on: June 11, 2007, 12:46:43 PM »

sgt. d

• Getbig V
  • Don't tase me bro
« Reply #94 on: June 11, 2007, 12:52:05 PM »
I never read that and how does he know.  Hank Wood is Sean most of the time but it IS a shared account.  It might not be on Seans computer so the IP is different, but he does use it allot.  THATS A FACT.  Only a blind idiot would see something different. 

According to you, everybody is shawn. Let it go already ::)

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #95 on: June 11, 2007, 12:57:30 PM »
All right - enough of this bull. First of all, it amazes me that people who don't even come to the expos, support bodybuilding, or care post condeming it. Enough is enough on that, but at least get the facts straight.

First of all, attendance was down at the Colorado Pro bodybuilding show over last year, I estimate by about 200-300 tickets. Whether or not that was the webcast's fault or just lack of 'characters' or excitement in the sport it something that is needed to be discussed in a discussion.  However, the theater seats close to 5,000 people. It is called the Wells Fargo Theater, and the first question when you enter it is just how big it is.

So the actualy numbers, based on what I saw, was about 1,200-1,300 for the night show, depending on what time it was. Yes, for the pro's that number dwindled as NPC families left, but they were there.

Now, you want to doubt me go ahead. But anyone that was there will verify it. I took video backstage and kept coming up front, and at one time, it was easier to sit about 15 rows up from the front and to the side so I didn't bother anyone.

So stop with the pathetic 100 count. It that theater, it would be exactly ONE row across. Get with the program, starting support the sport, and cut the crap.

Now, as for the expo. The numbers for the expo actually increases this year, and they charged $5 to get in.  That was pretty interesting. Several of the booths ran out of products Saturday by 2-3, which wasnt too cool, but they were happy.

The problem I see is that while the expo's are increases in attendance, the IFBB Pro shows are not, hence that is what we should figure out. Do the webcasts hurt? Are more people interesting in meeting competitors than seeing them? And so on...

So stop with the bull numbers. I know what they were. I was there. So were a numnber of people.

Monster_Everything

• Getbig IV
  • WOW, he REALLY just said that? (looks at camera)
« Reply #96 on: June 11, 2007, 01:05:41 PM »
Lets face it Ron, bodybuilding is a dead end street. Until you rid the 'sport' of its drug abuse, its nothing more than a 'can you top this' competetion among those who have insecure body images, drug habits, or the overtly homo. You can stand on a balcony and take a piss on someone just to claim that its raining warm water, but urine is still urine no matter how you call it.
The Number 2 in Scranton

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #97 on: June 11, 2007, 01:10:53 PM »
I could see going to an expo...but not a show

Not sure why, but watching a grown man greased up on stage dancing around is not exactly exciting.

I could see attending an expo & just shooting the shit with some guys....but thats about it.

Vote for Goatboy's Cat
Getbig's Cat of the Month!

Visit Getbig's PetBoard today

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
  • http://www.liftstudios.com
« Reply #98 on: June 11, 2007, 06:46:51 PM »
This was taken at 5:45 pm - before the NPC evening show started. People continued to fill the seats and yes, when the cameras rolled at the pro show there were not as many people in the seats. Why I stated this earlier that the people running the cameras should not pan into the audience as it is not a true representation of the night show. There are very few die hard pro male bodybuilding fans. The ticket sales are clearly with the NPC shows.

The face of the IFBB shows are changing and it's going to continue to be a challenge for promoters to make money from these shows. There isn't much incentive for fans to go to a pro show when they can sit at home, have results within a few minutes of the shows, photos with in hours and often times see it live via webcast.

Elevate Your Image.™

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #99 on: June 11, 2007, 06:50:03 PM »
This was taken at 5:45 pm - before the NPC evening show started. People continued to fill the seats and yes, when the cameras rolled at the pro show there were not as many people in the seats. Why I stated this earlier that the people running the cameras should not pan into the audience as it is not a true representation of the night show. There are very few die hard pro male bodybuilding fans. The ticket sales are clearly with the NPC shows.

The face of the IFBB shows are changing and it's going to continue to be a challenge for promoters to make money from these shows. There isn't much incentive for fans to go to a pro show when they can sit at home, have results within a few minutes of the shows, photos with in hours and often times see it live via webcast.

sure...it's not packed looking....but still quite a few seats filled