Author Topic: Attendance at the Colorado pro  (Read 8468 times)

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
Re: Attendance at the Colorado pro
« Reply #100 on: June 11, 2007, 07:27:08 PM »
All right - enough of this bull. First of all, it amazes me that people who don't even come to the expos, support bodybuilding, or care post condeming it. Enough is enough on that, but at least get the facts straight.

Ron, on as serious note, how is it that you are surprised about people NOT supporting the shows? What is it that you expect people to do? Realistically how many people on this board or anywhere for that matter can afford to fly to a show? Obviously not many. You can't blame people on this board for not being able to afford to go. My guess is that it would cost someone roughly $2k to fly to a show counting all expenses. Should they give up their family vacation? Should they pull money out of their kids college fund? Some of you guys think that we can just up and go to a show like you guys can. Fact is there are not enough fans in the areas of the cities that they have these show at so they actually need people to come in from other areas, but this is not going to happen for t he reasons that I have stated.

slummin

• Getbig II
  • BB Vips posting here encourage the growing disease
« Reply #101 on: June 11, 2007, 07:49:37 PM »
Ron, on as serious note, how is it that you are surprised about people NOT supporting the shows?

bout time! 

This site owner is just just butterin his bread.

sgt. d

• Getbig V
  • Don't tase me bro
« Reply #102 on: June 11, 2007, 07:52:10 PM »
This was taken at 5:45 pm - before the NPC evening show started. People continued to fill the seats and yes, when the cameras rolled at the pro show there were not as many people in the seats. Why I stated this earlier that the people running the cameras should not pan into the audience as it is not a true representation of the night show. There are very few die hard pro male bodybuilding fans. The ticket sales are clearly with the NPC shows.

The face of the IFBB shows are changing and it's going to continue to be a challenge for promoters to make money from these shows. There isn't much incentive for fans to go to a pro show when they can sit at home, have results within a few minutes of the shows, photos with in hours and often times see it live via webcast.

Onlyme=owned

Good find Lift

SteelePegasus

• Getbig V
  • Life, death, in between is getbig.com
« Reply #103 on: June 11, 2007, 08:00:53 PM »
This was taken at 5:45 pm - before the NPC evening show started. People continued to fill the seats and yes, when the cameras rolled at the pro show there were not as many people in the seats. Why I stated this earlier that the people running the cameras should not pan into the audience as it is not a true representation of the night show. There are very few die hard pro male bodybuilding fans. The ticket sales are clearly with the NPC shows.

The face of the IFBB shows are changing and it's going to continue to be a challenge for promoters to make money from these shows. There isn't much incentive for fans to go to a pro show when they can sit at home, have results within a few minutes of the shows, photos with in hours and often times see it live via webcast.

so you are saying that the IFBB by itself would draw 10 people, 3 of whom are there because they got lost?
Here comes the money shot

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
  • http://www.liftstudios.com
« Reply #104 on: June 11, 2007, 08:09:43 PM »
Strange that all this talk about nobody going and two weeks later a pic shows up.
I took the picture and didn't find it until today. Sorry, I'll try to post audience photos sooner for you vs. competitor and candid shots.
Elevate Your Image.™

sgt. d

• Getbig V
  • Don't tase me bro
« Reply #105 on: June 11, 2007, 08:37:13 PM »
Hey moron how am I owned.  I have nothing to do with it and don't care either way.  Strange that all this talk about nobody going and two weeks later a pic shows up.  But I am in your mind so much that you have to show this pic to show I am wrong.  Dude maybe I owned you.  It was everything to you to prove there were people at the show.  What other shows is this neccessary.  Instead of bullshittin just post real pics and don't inflate numbers.

haha like taking candy from an infant.

You claim only a few people was at the event(even though you wasn't there) but that wasn't the case was it? Hence the reason why you was "owned" ::)

(-4x-6)(-2x2+7x+8)
=8x3-16x2-74x-48  You understand now ::)
Too easy

phyxsius

• Getbig V
  • Mini Getbigger
« Reply #106 on: June 11, 2007, 08:52:05 PM »
Ron, on as serious note, how is it that you are surprised about people NOT supporting the shows? What is it that you expect people to do? Realistically how many people on this board or anywhere for that matter can afford to fly to a show? Obviously not many. You can't blame people on this board for not being able to afford to go. My guess is that it would cost someone roughly $2k to fly to a show counting all expenses. Should they give up their family vacation? Should they pull money out of their kids college fund? Some of you guys think that we can just up and go to a show like you guys can. Fact is there are not enough fans in the areas of the cities that they have these show at so they actually need people to come in from other areas, but this is not going to happen for t he reasons that I have stated.

I agree.. I'm in Australia and I don't see the reason to fork out around 5k minimum to fly to US, stay in a hotel, go to the expo, go to the night show and fly back.

If you're paying, that'll be a different story.

So it's my right to flame in here
I am a mini beast

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #107 on: June 11, 2007, 08:56:36 PM »

Did I just hear this right?

Isaac just admitted there was shit attendance at the Colorado Pro IFBB men's finals!

(although he tried to downplay it by talking about what great attendance the NPC show got, and showing a pic of the same)

Don't worry Isaac...  we already knew...  BB.com's camera doesn't lie.  We already saw.  ;D
Ron: "I am lazy."

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN
« Reply #108 on: June 11, 2007, 09:02:54 PM »

Good post!

It's a point I've made before.....hmm....vacati on or bbing show? Tough one.  ::)
HAHA, RON.....

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #109 on: June 11, 2007, 11:02:41 PM »
Ron, on as serious note, how is it that you are surprised about people NOT supporting the shows? What is it that you expect people to do? Realistically how many people on this board or anywhere for that matter can afford to fly to a show? Obviously not many. You can't blame people on this board for not being able to afford to go. My guess is that it would cost someone roughly $2k to fly to a show counting all expenses. Should they give up their family vacation? Should they pull money out of their kids college fund? Some of you guys think that we can just up and go to a show like you guys can. Fact is there are not enough fans in the areas of the cities that they have these show at so they actually need people to come in from other areas, but this is not going to happen for the reasons that I have stated.

I understand the fact that people are not willing to fly for every show, but about the towns in which there is enough people around within a 3-4 hours drive.  If there was a pro show in your area, why wouldnt you go and support it?  What does the sport need to make more people go to the pro shows? Is it the webcast? It is the negativity? Is it the lack of the fans being more positive and supporting the shows?  Why are this years shows have less audience than last years show so far? Is it the webcast? Is it the lack of excitement, characters? What would it take for more people to start supporting to shows as they did in the past. And I am not talking about the Arnold or the Olympia, where they always have records crowds.

Isaac just admitted there was shit attendance at the Colorado Pro IFBB men's finals!

Like I said before, the audience was less for the IFBB show than it was for the NPC show, but still there was a good audience there. I will see if I have some audience pictures, and if I can get the video back, perhaps some audience shots too.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #110 on: June 11, 2007, 11:12:55 PM »
Many promoters of bodybuilding contests don't consider the main draw which is the open men's contest. What we used to do was have the open men first on at the prejudging and then last at the main show. This way they didn't have to wait around all day and could have the afternoon off to relax before the evening show. That is fine if you don't have that many watching the show. The worst case of this was the old AAU Mr America contests that had the show after the weightlifting was over. At one contest the bodybuilding show was on after midnight! Something wrong there.

If the promoters use the amateur contests to draw an audience then perhaps the open show can be held when there is the biggest audience. When family and friends come to see a contest many are disappointed their hero didn't win and leave the show afterwards. Thus, the crowd dwindles in the evening. Promoters try to include too many events and divisions and the whole thing takes way too much time and the crowd gets bored and disappears. Obviously they have to cater to everyone and the pros get on last. I know I didn't want to watch all those fitness routines and had to wait for the pros to finally appear on the webcast.

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #111 on: June 11, 2007, 11:24:12 PM »
I understand the fact that people are not willing to fly for every show, but about the towns in which there is enough people around within a 3-4 hours drive.  If there was a pro show in your area, why wouldnt you go and support it?  What does the sport need to make more people go to the pro shows? Is it the webcast? It is the negativity? Is it the lack of the fans being more positive and supporting the shows?  Why are this years shows have less audience than last years show so far? Is it the webcast? Is it the lack of excitement, characters? What would it take for more people to start supporting to shows as they did in the past. And I am not talking about the Arnold or the Olympia, where they always have records crowds.

Like I said before, the audience was less for the IFBB show than it was for the NPC show, but still there was a good audience there. I will see if I have some audience pictures, and if I can get the video back, perhaps some audience shots too.

Well personally I go to too more shows every year than I care too.  ;D I have spent my share of money over the years and have made the NPC some jack.

Maybe it is the webcast, but I would not think that it would hold too many people back. Sadly bb shows are not a poplular as they used to be. There is a lot of negativity that is attaching itself to ths sport that just wasn't there years ago. Who knows, but I don't see it getting any better anytime soon.  :'(

willie mosconi

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #112 on: June 11, 2007, 11:24:38 PM »

this "sport" is screwed

the writing is on the wall

far too many pros get gravely ill and can't compete or nearly live

this "sport" is the most unhealthy there has ever been since the gladiators

most of the physically healthy guys are mentally ill

what the hell is the appeal of this "sport"?

if I told my normal friends that I was going to attend a bodybuilding show, they would get worried about me

facts are facts

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #113 on: June 11, 2007, 11:35:24 PM »
Years ago I remember there being tons of teenage competitors when I competed. Now I don't see too many at all? I also see a lot of guys who used to compete years ago coming back and competing in the masters class. I guess they miss the old days. Now what the hell does that tell you? It says that not many guys are wanting to compete. The funny this is that there are thousands more young kids who lift now than years ago. You would think that we would have tons of teens who want to get up on stage. What the hell is going on then?

I talked to a top pro recentley who will remain nameless who might not ever compete again. He basically is sick of all the crap and politics (his words) in the IFBB. It's sad to see this happening. The IFBB better rethink their position on a lot of things. Things are changing and not for the better.

willie mosconi

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #114 on: June 11, 2007, 11:38:48 PM »
Years ago I remember there being tons of teenage competitors when I competed. Now I don't see too many at all? I also see a lot of guys who used to compete years ago coming back and competing in the masters class. I guess miss the old days. Now what the hell does that tell you? It says that not many guys are wanting to compete. The funny this is that there are thousands more young kids who lift now than years ago. You would think that we would have tone of teens who want to get up on stage. What the hell is going on then?

I talked to a top pro recentley who will remain nameless who might not ever compete again. He basically is sick of all the crap and politics (his words) in the IFBB. It's sad to see this happening. The IFBB better rethink their position on a lot of things. Things are changing and not for the better.

bodybuilding is close to reaching its nadir

the 90s were the top and will never even be approached ever

the consequences of that era are clear- the human body cannot withstand all the gear that type of physique requires

the ones that can withstand it are simply lucky or maybe the consequences will just be seen a few years down the road

phyxsius

• Getbig V
  • Mini Getbigger
« Reply #115 on: June 11, 2007, 11:58:58 PM »
It's the damn fuckin drugs and mass monsters. People slaved their lives with drugs just to get freakin huge.

Too much money spent on food, drugs but earning only half of the expenditure. Your balance always running in red and it's damn tough to secure contracts.

I am a mini beast

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN
« Reply #116 on: June 12, 2007, 12:09:36 AM »
I for one DO NOT believe it's the "webcasts" that are hurting attendance. Let's face it, the interest you isn't there, as far as pro bbing goes. Also, there is NO exciment in comp. bbing. No points scored, no touchdowns, no hr's, no dunks, no scoreboard = no excitement for the crowds.
HAHA, RON.....

timfogarty

• Getbig V
  • @fogartyTim on twitter
« Reply #117 on: June 12, 2007, 12:26:13 AM »
If there was a pro show in your area, why wouldnt you go and support it?  What does the sport need to make more people go to the pro shows? Is it the webcast? It is the negativity? Is it the lack of the fans being more positive and supporting the shows?

mass monsters, bad judging, the IFBB coming across as petty and vindictive

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #118 on: June 12, 2007, 05:16:08 AM »
I took the picture and didn't find it until today. Sorry, I'll try to post audience photos sooner for you vs. competitor and candid shots.

yeah, with all the sexual deviants in that crowd with cameras and taking pictures you'da thunk someone would have at least recorded and overall crowd shot. :-\

Outlaw53

• Getbig II
  • Country Classic Invitational. 7th August 2010
« Reply #119 on: June 12, 2007, 03:15:09 PM »
Many promoters of bodybuilding contests don't consider the main draw which is the open men's contest. What we used to do was have the open men first on at the prejudging and then last at the main show. This way they didn't have to wait around all day and could have the afternoon off to relax before the evening show. That is fine if you don't have that many watching the show. The worst case of this was the old AAU Mr America contests that had the show after the weightlifting was over. At one contest the bodybuilding show was on after midnight! Something wrong there.

If the promoters use the amateur contests to draw an audience then perhaps the open show can be held when there is the biggest audience. When family and friends come to see a contest many are disappointed their hero didn't win and leave the show afterwards. Thus, the crowd dwindles in the evening. Promoters try to include too many events and divisions and the whole thing takes way too much time and the crowd gets bored and disappears. Obviously they have to cater to everyone and the pros get on last. I know I didn't want to watch all those fitness routines and had to wait for the pros to finally appear on the webcast.

I feel Vince brings up some good points here.
I think these Expo things with Powerlifting, Bikini girls etc are just a pain in the arse really. 
It makes the day go on for fucking ever.

I run my own show back here in Aust & I make sure it's short & sweet.  About 5hrs is the maximum for me.  Even this could be considered too long.

Take other 'normal' sports for instance.  Would you go & watch a football match, hockey game or basketball game if it meant that you would be there for 10-12hrs?  I doubt it.  Not many people can sustain interest in something for that amount of time.  So what makes BBing promoters think that people can sustain interest in a BBing show for that long?  Especially considering at a Pro level, you are pretty much seeing the same competitors all the time.  Their placings rarely change, so what we are doing in reality is just going along to watch an 'exhibition' of BBers.  The competition is virtually non-existent.

Where's the excitement in that.  It's just as easy to watch the DVD or check out the photos.

Another point I would like to ad is the fact that all the Pro shows are held in the US, except for Tony Doherty's Aussie Pro show.  Why aren't there Pro shows in Europe any more?  The European crowds would kill to see the worlds best BBers in action.  They are noisy & passionate, as are the Aussie fans.  The Pros are always well received down here, but I feel in America, the crowds are a bit spoiled & tend to take Pro shows a bit for granted, knowing full well that there is a show not too far away from them.

No one is really going to travel overseas to watch a Pro show, bar maybe the Arnold or the Olympia.

Another thing I would like to bring up is presentation.  Without sounding too harsh, most Pro BBers posing routines are as boring as bat-shit, with the exception of one or two, such as Melvin, Darrem etc.  For professional athletes, I expect to see a bit more 'bang-for-my-buck'.  They just lumber around the stage with their hand cupped to one ear, expecting us to praise them just for walking out on the stage.  The routines of yester-year leave todays routines for dead.  This is one area of Pro BBing that has gone backwards in a big way. 

What was once one of the most exciting part of a Pro contest is now just a drag.
These guys are getting paid to do this, surely they can put a bit more effort into their presentation.  I see much more entertaining & creative routines at local 'natural' BBing shows back here in Aust.

Just my thoughts.

slummin

• Getbig II
  • BB Vips posting here encourage the growing disease
« Reply #120 on: June 12, 2007, 08:39:12 PM »
If there was a pro show in your area, why wouldnt you go and support it?  What does the sport need to make more people go to the pro shows? Is it the webcast? It is the negativity? Is it the lack of the fans being more positive and supporting the shows?  Why are this years shows have less audience than last years show so far? Is it the webcast?

Are you as stupid as you sound or just as greedy as I am assuming?

- YES, this is a rhetorical question as I believe the answer is easily obvious for your more intelligent members.   ::)

New Hank Wood

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #121 on: June 12, 2007, 10:37:46 PM »
The Colo will be back in 2008. Bigger and better!

The haters of Sean ( i wont mention names) wanted this show to fail, to prove some moot point!  Sorry, it was a great success!

phyxsius

• Getbig V
  • Mini Getbigger
« Reply #122 on: June 13, 2007, 12:59:23 AM »
The Colo will be back in 2008. Bigger and better!

The haters of Sean ( i wont mention names) wanted this show to fail, to prove some moot point!  Sorry, it was a great success!

Ok Sean  ::)
I am a mini beast