Author Topic: Flex Wheeler - Do fishy calves ruin a phenomenal physique?  (Read 5971 times)

Rearden Metal

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Honey Badger cuz he don't Care.
Re: Flex Wheeler - Do fishy calves ruin a phenomenal physique?
« Reply #25 on: June 12, 2007, 09:23:55 AM »
Is that a recent pic Shawn? If so, get back on stage.

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: June 12, 2007, 11:44:35 AM »
Knny187, of course it was me, I was acting like it was a recent news break ::)

well, I could have seen where you would of brought that up back then

Flex had very few weaknesses & his calves grew "amazingly" or "surprisingly" quick

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: June 12, 2007, 11:46:01 AM »
Welcome to my world ;D

Looking healthy Shawn

Figo

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: June 12, 2007, 11:47:42 AM »
Wanna talk fishy calves?

Figo

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: June 12, 2007, 11:50:05 AM »

This is what he had back in the day. Unless he never used to train them...

BEAST 8692

• Getbig IV
« Reply #30 on: June 12, 2007, 11:59:00 AM »
lou went the silicon route i believe.

i think sean was just jealous at the time because flex suddenly had fuller calves than him.

poor sean. he always played the bridesmaid and felt that attempting to mess with competitor's heads was the only chance he had. must have been tough for him to be there from the haney days and see competitor after competitor come up through the ranks and go straight past him. :'(

Bodies

• Getbig III
« Reply #31 on: June 12, 2007, 12:00:09 PM »
obvious use of site injects/oils definitely detracts from the reputation of whoever uses them - that being said Flex was so awesome that he didn't really need that shit so it was just a bad decision he is still one of the all time greatest...

MRMD2003

• Getbig II
« Reply #32 on: June 12, 2007, 06:34:18 PM »
Flex had one of the best physiques ever to grace the stage. His 98 Arnold Classic shape was SICK !!!!!! That physique would easily win the 06,07 olympia.

jude2

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #33 on: June 12, 2007, 07:49:40 PM »
Shawn looks good in that pic.

BEAST 8692

• Getbig IV
« Reply #34 on: June 13, 2007, 06:07:07 AM »
obvious use of site injects/oils definitely detracts from the reputation of whoever uses them - that being said Flex was so awesome that he didn't really need that shit so it was just a bad decision he is still one of the all time greatest...

by flex's own admissions, he didn't just use the oil and site injections there. ;)

pro bbers use so many drugs and potions etc that it's kind of redundant to say it 'detracts from the reputation...'. :-\

gh15

• Getbig V
  • angels
« Reply #35 on: June 13, 2007, 06:19:28 AM »

your calves are still huge, Dawg

everything is good on him still,,live and learn,,,he worked hard in the gym beside taking the hormones,,guy trained like a bodybuilder should train! FOUNDATION is one thing he has in common with milos

THOMAS PRINCE ,, THE MURDERER = ALL DRUGS

SHAWN RAY = SOLID DEVELOPED MUSCLE THAT AINT GOING NO WHERE,,think in haney and oliva terms
fallen angel

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #36 on: June 13, 2007, 09:16:50 AM »

Didn't Prince say he's still 230 without trying?

BEAST 8692

• Getbig IV
« Reply #37 on: June 13, 2007, 09:39:37 AM »
everything is good on him still,,live and learn,,,he worked hard in the gym beside taking the hormones,,guy trained like a bodybuilder should train! FOUNDATION is one thing he has in common with milos

SHAWN RAY = SOLID DEVELOPED MUSCLE THAT AINT GOING NO WHERE,,think in haney and oliva terms

hang on. how do you know shawn's not back on?

genetics + muscle memory + gear = that pic in no time and you know that.

i don't know much at all about tom's current condition, but if he is unable to train, hrt then that would be the real reason he currently looks the way he does, not whether he built 'muscle that aint going no where'. i mean wtf is that? are you saying that prince had fake muscles on his body when he was competing ???

seriously, with your knowledge, i can only assume you're either a shawn ray fanboy or a tom prince hater. which one is it and why?

Baby_Hercules

• Competitors II
  • Getbig III
  • myspace.com/babyhercules1914
« Reply #38 on: June 13, 2007, 12:22:57 PM »
I see your pt in theory, but since we have no way of knowing all the other banned sustances in the pros bodies, what difference does it make. Think about it. The reason they have banned drugs and substaces is so the actual physique can be obtained via legit means. With no enforcement of the actual rules , it is like having swimmers wearing fins. Sure, they would swim faster but it would look absurd and be ridiculed overall.
The extremee drug use is just as bad as synthol , implants, etc
I agree with you Howie. To me, a natural competitor, one banned substance is just as bad as another. Call me ignorant, but I don't see how injecting sythol is any less honorable than using steroids, HGH, insulin, clen, diuretics, etc...
Chemically enhanced bodybuilding has become a win at all costs endeavor. Competitors will put all manner of substances in their bodies to win. So how can someone say oil is worse than anything else?

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #39 on: June 13, 2007, 12:28:04 PM »
Welcome to my world ;D

Shawn still looking awesome!
w

gh15

• Getbig V
  • angels
« Reply #40 on: June 13, 2007, 04:25:11 PM »
hang on. how do you know shawn's not back on?

genetics + muscle memory + gear = that pic in no time and you know that.

i don't know much at all about tom's current condition, but if he is unable to train, hrt then that would be the real reason he currently looks the way he does, not whether he built 'muscle that aint going no where'. i mean wtf is that? are you saying that prince had fake muscles on his body when he was competing ???

seriously, with your knowledge, i can only assume you're either a shawn ray fanboy or a tom prince hater. which one is it and why?

i didnt say he didnt or dont use hormones,,read me again,,,
what i said is or what i meant to say is....that ray has nailed his physiqe so well from the basics that he has it for life,,,as in developed enough to look very good with out hormones and with hormones,,ofcourse with hormones it looks better and somewhat bigger since he can spare more muscle,,,but never the less he has the a very good foundation that is not going anywhere,,

and i am a big shawn ray fan,,i am big fan of every bodybuilder who developed his physiqe with a combination of hard work in the gym and then  added goodies to take it to the next level and not vise versa

and i know first hand that ray worked hard in the gym,,,infact i wish more bodybuilders got in the gym and started with weighted chinups innsted of being lazy asses and did pull down.."since they are just too big to do chinups"...

basics first,,,,hormones second,,,
fallen angel

El Guapo

• Getbig III
  • Don't hate me cause I'm beautiful
« Reply #41 on: June 13, 2007, 07:36:02 PM »
i didnt say he didnt or dont use hormones,,read me again,,,
what i said is or what i meant to say is....that ray has nailed his physiqe so well from the basics that he has it for life,,,as in developed enough to look very good with out hormones and with hormones,,ofcourse with hormones it looks better and somewhat bigger since he can spare more muscle,,,but never the less he has the a very good foundation that is not going anywhere,,

and i am a big shawn ray fan,,i am big fan of every bodybuilder who developed his physiqe with a combination of hard work in the gym and then  added goodies to take it to the next level and not vise versa

and i know first hand that ray worked hard in the gym,,,infact i wish more bodybuilders got in the gym and started with weighted chinups innsted of being lazy asses and did pull down.."since they are just too big to do chinups"...

basics first,,,,hormones second,,,

So your not a big fan of arnold then huh? ;D

gh15

• Getbig V
  • angels
« Reply #42 on: June 13, 2007, 07:41:14 PM »
 :D
arnold had his basics at age 16 he looked better than many 30 year olds that been in gyms forever,,
arnold is thie bodybuilder of the 20th century,,if you had to show aliens what bodybuilder is you would choose show arnold,,its like the beatles
fallen angel

El Guapo

• Getbig III
  • Don't hate me cause I'm beautiful
« Reply #43 on: June 13, 2007, 07:44:58 PM »
arnold had his basics at age 16 he looked better than many 30 year olds that been in gyms forever,,
arnold is thie bodybuilder of the 20th century,,if you had to show aliens what bodybuilder is you would choose show arnold,,its like the beatles

no, no, no you are giving preferencial treatment to your idol ;D thats not fair. He started to hit the sauce at a young age AND you have seen his "off" photos right?

AVBG

« Reply #44 on: June 13, 2007, 07:45:25 PM »
infact i wish more bodybuilders got in the gym and started with weighted chinups innsted of being lazy asses and did pull down.."since they are just too big to do chinups"...

That's a great line!

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #45 on: June 13, 2007, 07:56:35 PM »

Well, Arnold probably started the hormones at 14 or 15... how much foundation training could he have had at that point? Not that it matters to me though. He was great.

BEAST 8692

• Getbig IV
« Reply #46 on: June 14, 2007, 06:33:00 AM »
come on, let's be honest here, arnold started his dianabol from about the first day he attended a serious gym.

why? BECAUSE THAT'S WHAT EVERYONE WAS DOING.

it wasn't considered an issue back then. hell hitler was using test and amphet on his troops during ww2 and, whether people want to admit this or not, arnold was practically a fucking nazi living in austria. being big and strong was an absolute must for this arian kid and NOTHING was going to get in his way.

anyway, it was so common and accepted back then, they had it with their breakfast. where do you think the 'breakfast of champions' term came from? it just wasn't a big deal like it is now and the only reason it's so immoral and unlawful now is because of the whole east vs west cold war beat up and eatern block athletes kicking the living shit out of westerners and westerners wanting to make excuses, "oh, it was all because of the drugs, etc, etc" knowing full fucking well that they were taking EXACTLY the same shit. the soviets were just a little more organised and up front about it.

ooh, that was quite a rant wasn't it? glad that's off my chest, annnnnnnnyway, yes gh, you should know better than to play cheerleader and prop up tossers like shawn ray and arnold as the ideal aesthetic or whatever. you may prefer the less freaky physique, but don't start playing agendas here now. you've been doing well up until this shit. like shawn, love him for all i give a shit, but don't prop him as some sort of bbing saint because, from all reports i've heard, he was doing anabolics from the get go. seeing as ray's a christian now and wouldn't make an intentional lie ::) i request him to speak on this.

as for arnold, fuck me dead, he was the ORIGINAL mass monster. there is NOTHING this guy wouldn't do to be as freaky as possible and he WAS. maybe you're getting him confused with frank zane.

be real gh. if you don't like tom prince (hell, i don't care much for the man either) but don't imply that the man was some sort of pussy in the gym because you couldn't be further from the truth. if you knew him back then you would know he was as hardcore as you'll get.