Author Topic: The IFBB machine steamrolls all recalcitrant members.  (Read 6043 times)

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
The IFBB machine steamrolls all recalcitrant members.
« on: June 11, 2007, 08:23:25 PM »
The two most outspoken IFBB pros have been Milos Sarcev and Lee Priest. Today on the PBW radio show we heard from Bob Chick that Milos has been suspended and cannot run for pro athletes rep. Nice one, Bob. Keep that job for life like Ben did.

Milos doesn't post here anymore and he always came to defend his honour here. Gagging is part of the suspension.

Then we had to hear outlaw Lee Priest crawl on his knees to the IFBB and promise to be good from now on. Another rebel pacified by the IFBB machine. Do what they say or they will blackball you. Lee said this recently and now he even said if he was reinstated to the IFBB he would pay his own way to the Olympia and pay his hotel and then if he won any money he would donate that to a children's fund overseas. Gosh, Lee, that sounds like begging to me.

Bob is a legend. The exceptional service to bodybuilding award will soon be his along with the Gold blazer and gold tie.

We still have Onlyme, Goatboy, myself and a legion of Getbiggers who aren't that pleased with the way the IFBB operates. We have to salute the way they corral and herd the pro bodybuilders around. Well done, Jim Manion and Bob C.

Oh, it was nice of Lee Thompson, IFBB judge and colourful identity, to sort out the confusion re Texasbubba. Naturally, Texasbubba  was his brother-in-law.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
Re: The IFBB machine steamrolls all recalcitrant members.
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2007, 09:01:37 PM »
The two most outspoken IFBB pros have been Milos Sarcev and Lee Priest. Today on the PBW radio show we heard from Bob Chick that Milos has been suspended and cannot run for pro athletes rep. Nice one, Bob. Keep that job for life like Ben did.,

Well. being that I just submitted the appeal on Milos' behalf...I guess I couyld be helping him to have the suspension lifted, and subsequently run against me if he wishes.

Milos doesn't post here anymore and he always came to defend his honour here. Gagging is part of the suspension.

Milos is out of the country, and I havent heard from him either in reference to his own case...

Then we had to hear outlaw Lee Priest crawl on his knees to the IFBB and promise to be good from now on. Another rebel pacified by the IFBB machine. Do what they say or they will blackball you. Lee said this recently and now he even said if he was reinstated to the IFBB he would pay his own way to the Olympia and pay his hotel and then if he won any money he would donate that to a children's fund overseas. Gosh, Lee, that sounds like begging to me.

Lee can answer for himself...he is under no obligation, and spoke what was on his mind.

Bob is a legend. The exceptional service to bodybuilding award will soon be his along with the Gold blazer and gold tie.

No argument there...

We still have Onlyme, Goatboy, myself and a legion of Getbiggers who aren't that pleased with the way the IFBB operates.

And this is relevent why? Who cares what you three masterminds think?

We have to salute the way they corral and herd the pro bodybuilders around. Well done, Jim Manion and Bob C.

No one is forced to stay in the IFBB, as Lee proved...

Oh, it was nice of Lee Thompson, IFBB judge and colourful identity, to sort out the confusion re Texasbubba. Naturally, Texasbubba  was his brother-in-law.

Lee is a stand-up guy and posted to set the record straight..I know both of them and thought it was prety funny that you fools thought it was Lee posting...goes to show that the internet is truly the land of make believe and gullable people ready willing and able to believe anything they see...

Isn't it about time to go and re-invent something thats already been around for 100 years? How about a watch that you wear around your WRIST?? Yeah, thats a good one..!

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2007, 09:05:19 PM »
I wondered why they invited Lee on the radio show. From the interview it all sounded pre-arranged. Sounds like staged journalism to me. Bob knew Lee wanted back in the IFBB so invited him to tell all on his show. How convenient. Everyone played their part and pretended they were surprised. What stooges. Instead of a scoop the radio show was anticlimatic with no sparks at all.

Spare us a repeat with Milos. The fans deserve better PBW and you should start respecting that we aren't all dummies. The pros have to kiss butt to avoid being blackballed. Sadly, as Lee Priest found out, bodybuilders need the IFBB to remain in the public eye, get contracts, and appear in magazines. We understand his situation and know that Bob and Jim orchestrated his demise. Now Lee has to be good or he won't get a special invite to appear in the Olympia. How demeaning.

With Lee's example who will stray to the PDI now?

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2007, 09:08:02 PM »
Bob, we have no idea who Texasbubba is. Could be you!! From statements made on Getbig some concluded it was Thompson. Brother-in-law is close enough for the lads. Funny how so many know who this guy is but no one is spilling the beans. We understand he doesn't want to be humiliated by that disclosure.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2007, 09:30:04 PM »
I wondered why they invited Lee on the radio show. From the interview it all sounded pre-arranged. Sounds like staged journalism to me. Bob knew Lee wanted back in the IFBB so invited him to tell all on his show. How convenient. Everyone played their part and pretended they were surprised. What stooges. Instead of a scoop the radio show was anticlimatic with no sparks at all.

God damn...you're more clueless than Keith is. For the record, I had a total of ZERO conversations or email exchanges with Lee prior to the interview...no questions were pre-arranged, or supplied to Lee before the show (as with all our guests). Nothing was staged...you can ask Lee himself.

Spare us a repeat with Milos. The fans deserve better PBW and you should start respecting that we aren't all dummies. The pros have to kiss butt to avoid being blackballed. Sadly, as Lee Priest found out, bodybuilders need the IFBB to remain in the public eye, get contracts, and appear in magazines.

Lee knew all of this well before he decided to leave the IFBB...he left anyways, knowing full well his fate

We understand his situation and know that Bob and Jim orchestrated his demise. Now Lee has to be good or he won't get a special invite to appear in the Olympia. How demeaning.

His chances of getting a special invite is remote at best...

With Lee's example who will stray to the PDI now?

The same people that would go anyways...

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2007, 09:37:19 PM »
Bob, spare me the condescending overtones. You wouldn't respond to my posts if I were clueless. You have to respond to charges against your good name and that of the IFBB.

During the interview with Lee you introduced him as a guy with two sides. We heard a lamb today. Why should he kiss butt if he has only a remote chance of being reinstated in the IFBB? Represent Lee and stop being the IFBB spokesperson.

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2007, 11:14:25 PM »
Milos is out of the country, Lee can say whatever he wants to say.

Fact is that everyone has their opinion, Lee included, but if he wants to compete in the IFBB, there are certain guidelines. Minor violations, all look past, but competing in another federations event is a major violation, and one that he was warned in advance he would be suspended.

If you don't like it, then don't compete.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2007, 01:18:08 AM »
Chick dismisses me as an old hasbeen out of the loop. Well, I well remember how Joe Weider wanted to have a super contest that was for all the biggest champions of the day. So the Mr Olympia was born and Larry Scott won the first show in NY in 1965. One year no one showed up to compete against Sergio! All the champs in those days enterred other shows. You had different organizations such as AAU, NABBA, IFBB and so on. Occasionally Joe pulled some rule out of the book and Sergio wasn't allowed to compete. Sergio went to Dan Lurie's pro shows and won everything he enterred. Eventually Sergio had one last go at the Mr Olympia and got 8th place. Same place Bev Francis received in 1983 in Las Vegas.

NABBA isn't the premier showcase for the Mr Universe any more. The Mr Olympia is the big title all bodybuilders dream of winning. The lesson here on Getbig is that if the IFBB doesn't approve of you then you are history. They booted DeMilia out and now are trying to limit any success he might have by suspending athletes who compete in his 'unsanctioned' shows. It is all just a control and discipline issue to control the sport. The athletes are the losers because they lose potential prize money.

I really wonder if making professional bodybuilders was a step in the right direction for bodybuilding. It smacks of an insiders club. Look at how once proud bodybuilders have been reduced to mere sheep. They have to tow the line or they can't compete, get into some of the magazines or win lucrative contracts in the industry. Everyone knows the bottom line so have to play along. The Lee Priest saga is the cement tomb in the burial of  pros.

How did bodybuilding end up like this? Inside and out it sucks. The public disapprove and a lot of the fans are unhappy with contests, rules, organizations, etc. Instead of one happy community we have divide and conquer where everyone keeps his mouth shut and is being good from now on. Thanks Jim Manion and the IFBB.

Saxon

• Getbig IV
  • Heavy Metal Thunder
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2007, 01:39:01 AM »

Fact is that everyone has their opinion, Lee included, but if he wants to compete in the IFBB, there are certain guidelines. Minor violations, all look past, but competing in another federations event is a major violation, and one that he was warned in advance he would be suspended.

No, that rule is nothing but an abuse of monopoly power.  It would clearly be considered illegal in many countries, for example it would be considered illegal under the Competition Act 1998 in the UK because it has an impact on the supply in the market.  The whole if you don't like it, don't compete is a crock of crap as is the "oh well you shouldn't have signed the contract".  Unless someone can come along and argue why it is in the benefit of the market and its agents (bodybuilders, promoters, fans, sponsors, Pro Bodybuilding Organisations) to keep this rule, every argument is mute.

Alex23

« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2007, 01:42:05 AM »
Why the blue fonts?

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2007, 02:19:24 AM »
I use blue fonts so nobody mistakes my posts for Vince G CSN MFT!

kawaks

• Getbig III
  • My Two Cents
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2007, 02:23:57 AM »

Right. So are the drug rules also enforced and drug cheats suspended as a "major violation", Ron?
NO. Not since 1990 when Ray, Nim.King and others were denied their competition placings.

Lee is correct in saying the IFBB wreaks of hypocrisy - where one lesser rule (competing in other comps - BIG deal!) is ENFORCED while the other more serious rule (drug use) IGNORED.

What's the point of rules if they aren't ****ALL**** ENFORCED.

Shhhesh. I wouldn't want the IFBB to be traffic cops!

climber

• Getbig III
« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2007, 02:30:04 AM »
the public don't approve of the 'sport' of bodybuilding because it's all drugs.
Hrmmm

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2007, 02:49:37 AM »
The original idea of the Mr Olympia was to have a contest for all the Mr Universe title holders and anyone else who won a major title such as AAU Mr America. To honour that intention Lee Priest as winner of the PDI contests he enterred should qualify for the Mr Olympia. Of course, all of this is disregarded because those who run the professional division of the IFBB want to punish DeMilia and anyone who supports his shows.

The same thing happened to those who joined the Vince McMahon circus. When that group collapsed the guys were not given entry into contests for some time. Most bodybuilders who don't compete for a couple of years don't seem to be able to get into top shape again. If some do they mysteriously don't place well when they do rejoin the IFBB. Aaron Baker is a good example of a guy being placed lower than he should have been. Gary Strydom never competed in the IFBB again. In a contest in Sydney in 1989 he was clearly the best on stage and would have been the favourite in the 1990 Mr Olympia.

Joe and Ben have been fighting others in this industry for decades and as long as I can remember. There were feuds between the editors at York and the editors of the Weider magazines way back in the 1950s and 1960s. Then Dan Lurie started up a federation and ran shows. He was only partially successful. When Bob Hoffman and Oscar Heidenstamn died Joe and Ben were virtually without opposition and could make their own rules because there was nowhere else for the competitors to go. The IFBB still behaves as if it is struggling to survive in this industry.

Many mention how drugs have ruined the sport. Well, they impact big time on everything. The major fear of the IFBB is that if they do rigid drug testing the top guys might go to another federation that doesn't test. Amazing how the bottom line is always about money.

Lee Priest is now the official scapegoat and example of what not to do re the IFBB.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2007, 06:57:40 AM »
Bob, spare me the condescending overtones. You wouldn't respond to my posts if I were clueless.

I respond to your posts to show everyone that you are as clueless as I contend you are...and you prove i over and over...

You have to respond to charges against your good name and that of the IFBB.

During the interview with Lee you introduced him as a guy with two sides. We heard a lamb today. Why should he kiss butt if he has only a remote chance of being reinstated in the IFBB? Represent Lee and stop being the IFBB spokesperson.

I will represent Lee...and do everything I can to insure he has a fair opportunity to apply for reinstatement.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2007, 07:06:23 AM »
Right. So are the drug rules also enforced and drug cheats suspended as a "major violation", Ron?
NO. Not since 1990 when Ray, Nim.King and others were denied their competition placings.

At that time, they chose to exercise their right to drug test, those who failed...payed the price.

Lee is correct in saying the IFBB wreaks of hypocrisy - where one lesser rule (competing in other comps - BIG deal!) is ENFORCED while the other more serious rule (drug use) IGNORED.

Difference being...one is WITHIN the organization, while the other is defecting to the competition...they can implement drug testing at any time. The other thing your forgetting, is that the rule is accross the board...EQUALLY. When they have a drug test...and choose to only test 3 guys out of 25....NOW I've got an issue.

What's the point of rules if they aren't ****ALL**** ENFORCED.

Shhhesh. I wouldn't want the IFBB to be traffic cops!

Why? Like they dont "selectively enforce" the laws?? LOL.....I was a cop....when was the last time you've seen someone arrested for jaywalking? Or given a ticket for littering? Or cell phone use in a car?

Hate to break it to you...but yes...some rules/ laws carry more weight than others.

WhiteCastle

• Getbig III
  • The Wizard of Filth
« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2007, 07:15:10 AM »

How is Bob supposed to represent Lee and stop being the athletes rep at the same time?

Lee screwed himself over, though he has a good cause.  The only way they are going to be able to change IFBB rules is from within the organization and it is going to be slow.  This isn't a team or even a cooperative sport so a few individuals ditching the dominant organization isn't going to work unless it is a lot of top guys.  Lee couldn't take a bunch of the pack with him when he left because he is their competition; having a competitor who will usually outplace you decide to leave will usually increase your chances of moving up a notch. This is why the IFBB athletes union sounds like such a good idea but few show up to get it moving.  The guys on the very top of the ladder get very lucrative deals and the others want to be those guys too.

Luinitari

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #17 on: June 12, 2007, 07:19:06 AM »
Chick dismisses me as an old hasbeen out of the loop. Well, I well remember how Joe Weider wanted to have a super contest that was for all the biggest champions of the day. So the Mr Olympia was born and Larry Scott won the first show in NY in 1965. One year no one showed up to compete against Sergio! All the champs in those days enterred other shows. You had different organizations such as AAU, NABBA, IFBB and so on. Occasionally Joe pulled some rule out of the book and Sergio wasn't allowed to compete. Sergio went to Dan Lurie's pro shows and won everything he enterred. Eventually Sergio had one last go at the Mr Olympia and got 8th place. Same place Bev Francis received in 1983 in Las Vegas.

NAABA isn't the premier showcase for the Mr Universe any more. The Mr Olympia is the big title all bodybuilders dream of winning. The lesson here on Getbig is that if the IFBB doesn't approve of you then you are history. They booted DeMilia out and now are trying to limit any success he might have by suspending athletes who compete in his 'unsanctioned' shows. It is all just a control and discipline issue to control the sport. The athletes are the losers because they lose potential prize money.

I really wonder if making professional bodybuilders was a step in the right direction for bodybuilding. It smacks of an insiders club. Look at how once proud bodybuilders have been reduced to mere sheep. They have to tow the line or they can't compete, get into some of the magazines or win lucrative contracts in the industry. Everyone knows the bottom line so have to play along. The Lee Priest saga is the cement tomb in the burial of  pros.

How did bodybuilding end up like this? Inside and out it sucks. The public disapprove and a lot of the fans are unhappy with contests, rules, organizations, etc. Instead of one happy community we have divide and conquer where everyone keeps his mouth shut and is being good from now on. Thanks Jim Manion and the IFBB.

Hey Chick, I'm curious as to what you think about this.  Is Vince clueless in this area as well?

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: June 12, 2007, 07:53:25 AM »
Hey Chick, I'm curious as to what you think about this.  Is Vince clueless in this area as well?

He's still clueless...and blaming the wrong people.

Blame the bodybuilders...of HIS era. Had they fought back then, and formed a union, when there was a handful of pro's and federations fighting for the same guys....we wouldn't be in this situation today.

Monster_Everything

• Getbig IV
  • WOW, he REALLY just said that? (looks at camera)
« Reply #19 on: June 12, 2007, 07:57:03 AM »
He's still clueless...and blaming the wrong people.

Blame the bodybuilders...of HIS era. Had they fought back then, and formed a union, when there was a handful of pro's and federations fighting for the same guys....we wouldn't be in this situation today.

leave steve reeves out of this !!!!
The Number 2 in Scranton

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #20 on: June 12, 2007, 08:08:31 AM »
I blame Ben and Joe Weider, the other IFBB officials over the years, vice-presidents, judges, stooges and even the pro rep. None of them are doing the right thing. Bob pontificates about his doing a good job. Bullshit. What about the health of those pros? They need to be protected by the code of ethics re prohibited drugs and substances. They don't need medical insurance just healthy competitions where everyone has a level playing field and no drugs or any substances are allowed to enhance the physique. All the minor changes are a drop in the ocean compared to the drug issue.

Bob insists I am clueless. Guys like him prefer to shoot the messenger because bodybuilding is a stained activity. I understand that modern guys have all used a lot of drugs so they don't like pointing the finger at others. However, enough is enough and someone has got to stand up and put an end to this sordid situation where everyone knows bodybuilders use plenty of drugs.

When it comes to morality Bob talks a lot but does nothing. I guess his advice is for bodybuilders to pray that changes will eventually occur because there is almost nothing he can do to change most things.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #21 on: June 12, 2007, 08:28:07 AM »
The last time the Mr Olympia competitors tried to boycott a contest was in 1981. The top guys were so upset at what happened when Arnold won in Sydney that they agreed not to compete in 1981. Franco won with perhaps the worst shape of any Mr Olympia. Those who didn't compete merely allowed others to move up several notches. This is what happened when Lee was suspended.

Joe and Ben sold their publishing empire for some $350,000,000 so did very well out of bodybuilding. How well have the bodybuilders done? While the drugs are allowed we can kiss goodbye to public support and major sponsor support. Those drugs have killed women's bodybuilding and the men aren't very far behind.

Is Bob C too clueless to comprehend the consequences of allowing drugs?

He insists the IFBB has the right to exercise what rules to enforce. Give the guy a prize for being a stooge as well as clueless! All the talking in the world is not going to alter the truth.

hifrommike

• Getbig III
« Reply #22 on: June 12, 2007, 10:15:51 AM »
The IFBB is a for-profit company, not a sports agency.  It can run its company any way it chooses.  It depends on the volunteer work of individuals it has sanctioned to compete for limited prize money for a very few competitors.  Through these competitions, it can promote its media empire.  The IFBB has nothing to do with sports at large, & isn't considered to be legitimate competition by any other organization except the NPC.  If someone wants to compete under these conditions, then he or she is up for whatever the company dictates.  The best that can be said for IFBB competitions is that they permit competitors to achieve their personal best.  The history of the IFBB is littered with hundreds of former pros who had no income or anything else to show for their competitions save a few pix (often small ones) in old issues of magazines.  If you can establish yourself in the industry through your pro status, good for you.  Not many can. 

Alex23

« Reply #23 on: June 12, 2007, 10:16:30 AM »
I use blue fonts so nobody mistakes my posts for Vince G CSN MFT!

Very smart move Vince.

Good post btw. Nice analysis 8)

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #24 on: June 12, 2007, 12:09:36 PM »
You know, the biggest scam of all time is the International Federation of Bodybuilders. What federation of bodybuilders? It has never been any organization of bodybuilders but a setup that Ben and Joe used to make money out of the sport and eventually control it. Now Bob thinks the professional bodybuilders should have a union. Good grief, is this guy serious? The last thing the IFBB wants is some group of bodybuilders who stick together and take the control of the contests back.

Ben and Joe well know that the egomaniacs in this mirror sport want those titles so bad they will do anything to get them. It has always been everyone for himself. Nothing at all has changed in that regard. Local officials sort out the ones who will listen and these guys do the right thing afterwards. Those who don't play ball don't win contests. There is always some reason why someone didn't win. The whole judging thing has regressed into nonsense and the best physique seldom wins anymore.

Guys like me are wasting my time trying to get this message through to the rank and file competitors. The lesson about how to succeed was learned long ago and passed on to newcomers. Don't mess with the IFBB or you won't win anything or make any money out of this sport.

Well, calling it a sport is pushing that concept. Who would have believed what champions have to do in order to compete at the highest level? It is downright sad and a tragedy. We always used to boast that we were stronger and healthier than those who knocked us as mirror athletes. The professional bodybuilders have long ago lost the right to do that anymore.

Would the last guy who gets this message please turn off the lights in the gym. This sport has been destroyed and the guys running it now have no clue at all about how to fix the mess. Drugs are rife. Fixes happen. Wrong guys win. The women look.... well why look. There you are.