Author Topic: IFBB suspends / bans Milos Sarcev  (Read 26228 times)

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
Re: IFBB suspends / bans Milos Sarcev
« Reply #125 on: June 21, 2007, 06:09:41 PM »
A sheriff you can be, Bob, but never will you be a philosopher. Your post is called rationalization. Imagine saying that the fans dictate what happens in the Olympic Games! The hardcore fans might support the top shows but what has happened is those shows cost a lot of money to see. If they bring a star down to Australia the tickets for those contests is quite high and that puts off a lot of people.

There has been an explosion in the number of people training in gyms. We have had a chain of gyms open in Australia and these are big, well equipped clubs. Various RSL and social clubs are installing gyms as are swimming pools. There should be a huge potential fan base for bodybuilding contests.

If we take the Colorado contest as an example then look at how many contestants were in the fitness and figure categories. Apparently a lot of people left after the gals section ended.

The Olympia and Arnold Classic have grown but most of the other shows have dwindled. Women's bodybuilding went broke and now needs to be included in the Mr shows or there will be no Ms Olympia.

People have pointed out what is wrong with the Irongame but those in control can't do much to change anything. The IFBB has usually followed and seldom led much in bodybuilding. Oh, their one big innovation was creating the Athletes Rep position! The bottom line is the IFBB won't do drug testing because DeMilia would pick up all the users.

Nothing short of a complete replacement of those running this sport will deliver more fans and save this sport.

No...my post is called realization, as in REALITY. Faster you recognize it, the better.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #126 on: June 21, 2007, 06:42:48 PM »
Bob, you deserve shiny sheriff stars on Getbig.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #127 on: June 21, 2007, 07:04:51 PM »
Bob, you deserve shiny sheriff stars on Getbig.

Maybe you could invent them....?

timfogarty

• Getbig V
  • @fogartyTim on twitter
« Reply #128 on: June 21, 2007, 09:14:15 PM »
Maybe you could invent them....?

service with a smile

HowieW

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #129 on: June 21, 2007, 09:27:22 PM »
A sheriff you can be, Bob, but never will you be a philosopher. Your post is called rationalization. Imagine saying that the fans dictate what happens in the Olympic Games! The hardcore fans might support the top shows but what has happened is those shows cost a lot of money to see. If they bring a star down to Australia the tickets for those contests is quite high and that puts off a lot of people.

There has been an explosion in the number of people training in gyms. We have had a chain of gyms open in Australia and these are big, well equipped clubs. Various RSL and social clubs are installing gyms as are swimming pools. There should be a huge potential fan base for bodybuilding contests.

If we take the Colorado contest as an example then look at how many contestants were in the fitness and figure categories. Apparently a lot of people left after the gals section ended.

The Olympia and Arnold Classic have grown but most of the other shows have dwindled. Women's bodybuilding went broke and now needs to be included in the Mr shows or there will be no Ms Olympia.

People have pointed out what is wrong with the Irongame but those in control can't do much to change anything. The IFBB has usually followed and seldom led much in bodybuilding. Oh, their one big innovation was creating the Athletes Rep position! The bottom line is the IFBB won't do drug testing because DeMilia would pick up all the users.

Nothing short of a complete replacement of those running this sport will deliver more fans and save this sport.

I would LOVE to see a drug tested IFBB pro league, but sadly must confess and accept that I am part of a very small minority that actually go to shows. Interest in fitness and fat loss may not translate into a bodybuilding show market????????? who knows???
Bob Chic is right in trying to deal with things as they are and "nudge" them in the right direction.
Here are some actual postive changes that could happen:
1. Require all guys except Mr O to qualify for the O each year.
* I would add the all pros must compete in at least 2 shows (besides the O ) each calender yr.

2. Have a code of conduct for guest posing ( my idea).
Show up in decent shape, mingle with fans and act like a pro, etc.

3. Put in an under 210 class for more shows.
Kelly Ryan married well!  Free Titus!

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #130 on: June 21, 2007, 10:02:27 PM »
It is a pity that we need guys like Bob. I have no beef with him. It is the pro IFBB division that sucks. If the IFBB ran things according to Ben's vision things would be fine. Somehow he lost control and now look at the sport.

I own a gym and have been a PE teacher. I know what the public thinks about bodybuilders. Recently a member won the natural Mr Australia and he had no trouble getting exposure in the local newspaper.  They did a full cover colour photo of him on Australia Day a few months ago plus a story. The public will accept natural champions. The open guys are impressive and huge. Everyone is impressed but there is no envy because of the drugs, etc.

If and when the sport reclaims its health and fitness image we will find a totally different public perception and the men and women will be celebrated instead of criticized.

Howie should be able to see this. I know others do. It is not good enough to keep our collective heads in the sand and accept the inevitability of using steroids and goodness knows what else.

Doctor John Ziegler apparently helped Ciba develop Dianabol. The sport has never been the same since. Even Doctor John walked away from the bodybuilders and weightlifters when they exceeded his protocols. People will alway look for an advantage and some will take risks. In the old days everyone was afraid of taking dangerous hormones. Nowadays even schoolboys take steroids. It took me 11 years to try Dianabol and that wasn't something I was proud of. Today I know enough about training that I don't need drugs to get as big or bigger than I was in the 1970s. People believe we need drugs to get really great physiques and that is clearly false. The women do benefit more from testosterone and its derivitives.

If this board represents the culture then nothing is going to change and that is a pity. Bob plods on and accepts the drugs because he is part of the culture. There is enough science known to bypass dangerous drugs. Equipment has evolved to be very effective. All we need is the motivation to do it naturally and be rewarded for all that hard work.

dearth

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #131 on: June 22, 2007, 06:57:57 AM »

Show us all where that has happened...It is what it is. I pleaded with Lee not to defect to the PDI, and told him what would happen as a result. It's not my job to make up peoples minds for them.

actaully, all you did was ridicule the PDI not even acknowledging the NOC, stating that the event wouldn't even occur. If this is your form of athlete representation, good job.

the interesting thing for me, at least, will be to see how this transpires once milos produces the evidence. 

Let me tell you then how this will transpire.
Milos will get a slap on the wrist, Paul Chua will continue his corrupt ways, Manion and Weinberger will go about their business quite indifferent.

Great...me too. I'm all for Milos presenting evidence...If there is such corruption and wrong doing, I would like to see those responsible removed from their positions immediately. Jim Manion has said the same thing to Milos....no one is disputing what he has said, just that proof needs to be presented to back it up.

and IFBB pros don't use steroid right?

UK Gold

• Getbig IV
  • Riding on the Getbig wind
« Reply #132 on: June 22, 2007, 07:51:46 AM »
Vince Basille, i just don't understand your argument about drugs. You yourself got in your best shape using dbol, and all your contempoaries turned themselves into supermen by using dbol, deca, primo, test, etc etc. ALL of the great champs have used the gear - and they always will. I would go as far to say that most of the great sportsmen of the past thirty five years have used performance enhancing drugs.

Don't blame Bob - in this he is innocent

HowieW

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #133 on: June 22, 2007, 08:08:27 AM »
It is a pity that we need guys like Bob. I have no beef with him. It is the pro IFBB division that sucks. If the IFBB ran things according to Ben's vision things would be fine. Somehow he lost control and now look at the sport.

I own a gym and have been a PE teacher. I know what the public thinks about bodybuilders. Recently a member won the natural Mr Australia and he had no trouble getting exposure in the local newspaper.  They did a full cover colour photo of him on Australia Day a few months ago plus a story. The public will accept natural champions. The open guys are impressive and huge. Everyone is impressed but there is no envy because of the drugs, etc.

If and when the sport reclaims its health and fitness image we will find a totally different public perception and the men and women will be celebrated instead of criticized.

Howie should be able to see this. I know others do. It is not good enough to keep our collective heads in the sand and accept the inevitability of using steroids and goodness knows what else.

Doctor John Ziegler apparently helped Ciba develop Dianabol. The sport has never been the same since. Even Doctor John walked away from the bodybuilders and weightlifters when they exceeded his protocols. People will alway look for an advantage and some will take risks. In the old days everyone was afraid of taking dangerous hormones. Nowadays even schoolboys take steroids. It took me 11 years to try Dianabol and that wasn't something I was proud of. Today I know enough about training that I don't need drugs to get as big or bigger than I was in the 1970s. People believe we need drugs to get really great physiques and that is clearly false. The women do benefit more from testosterone and its derivitives.

If this board represents the culture then nothing is going to change and that is a pity. Bob plods on and accepts the drugs because he is part of the culture. There is enough science known to bypass dangerous drugs. Equipment has evolved to be very effective. All we need is the motivation to do it naturally and be rewarded for all that hard work.

I know I was not going to post any more crap related to drugs, but, since you wrote such a thoughtful pc , here goes.

Mr Basile, I sincerely enjoy reading your posts. I may not always agree with every argument , but I admire your idealistic thoughts . I know what you mean about media coverage with natural champs. The 1994 NPC Ironman natural was the only contest every shown on mainstream sports media in Louisiana. I was lucky enough to win and got a short spot on the Baton Rouge state based news. The last natural show SNBF here in Marietta Ga was an actual sell out. I was shocked and even went inside and felt it was a mistake until the actual promoter came out and told a bunch of us, sorry, it was sold out.

Bodybuilding is unlke any other sport in terms of steroid use. Name one hall of fame player in baseball that didn't use roids? * you can name plenty!   Now name one Mr Olympia or guy that placed (top 6) in the Olympia that competed clean? I can't think of one , can you? Top physiques have always been linked with roid use and the culture of the sport does not know any other way, (for the most part).
Bob Chic is correct to think that pushing for a fully drug tested pro div would NOT be a wise move for the IFBB.
It is a pretty big gamble on that level and one that I wouldn't want to take. It is one thing to talk ideals,and another to have to promote $$$ an event and get sponsers, etc.
I will continue to attend , support and enjoy IFBB pro events .
I only hope the guys use enough "good sense" and don't end up in the hospital or jail.
Howard
Kelly Ryan married well!  Free Titus!

tony dominguez

• Getbig II
« Reply #134 on: June 23, 2007, 03:36:52 PM »
No...my post is called realization, as in REALITY. Faster you recognize it, the better.
THE REALITY CHICK, OR CHICKEN LITTLE, IS THAT YOU'RE DODGING THE QUESTIONS YOU SOMETIMES ASK. WE'RE WAITING FOR A RESPONSE ON THE "OFFICIAL LEE PREIST REINSTATEMENT" POST. IT SEEMS THAT FOR ONCE, YOUR SHUTTING UP!!!!! IF YOU DON'T ANSWER, MIGHT AS WELL JUST SHUT UP FOR GOOD. IT WOULD REALLY HELP BB'S FUTURE. YOU AND THE IFBB WILL NEVER COME CLEAN!!!

hifrommike

• Getbig III
« Reply #135 on: June 28, 2007, 08:06:52 PM »
In the 1970s, an American writer was banned from a professional organization because she supported another writer the organization had just banned.  Someone asked her what it was like to be outside the whale.  She said, "You mean, outside the guppie?" 

timfogarty

• Getbig V
  • @fogartyTim on twitter
« Reply #136 on: July 02, 2007, 11:25:36 AM »
Paul Chua no longer head of Singapore bodybuilding.  Now executive assistant to IFBB president Rafael Santonja, which means that Chua is the #2 guy in all of the IFBB.

Paul Chua steps down as SBBF president

War-Horse

• Getbig V
« Reply #137 on: July 02, 2007, 05:22:28 PM »
Paul Chua no longer head of Singapore bodybuilding.  Now executive assistant to IFBB president Rafael Santonja, which means that Chua is the #2 guy in all of the IFBB.

Paul Chua steps down as SBBF president

Oh great.   Now we're all going to get banned... :-\

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #138 on: July 03, 2007, 05:26:11 AM »
Milos was right, yes!
Q

kyomu

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • トホカミエミタメ ハラヒタマヒ キヨメタマフ
« Reply #139 on: July 03, 2007, 06:21:23 AM »
So,for conclusion,
What was the benefit for Milos doing this?

timfogarty

• Getbig V
  • @fogartyTim on twitter
« Reply #140 on: July 03, 2007, 11:23:51 AM »
So,for conclusion, What was the benefit for Milos doing this?

well, he was trying to do the right thing.  sometimes when you do the right thing, you still lose, at least in the short term.

hifrommike

• Getbig III
« Reply #141 on: July 03, 2007, 11:44:50 AM »
It doesn't pay to point out the emperor is wearing no clothes.   :-\

Milos_Sarcev

• Pros
  • Getbig V
  • http://www.milossarcev.com
« Reply #142 on: July 03, 2007, 12:20:09 PM »
It doesn't pay to point out the emperor is wearing no clothes.   :-\

It does pay to point out the killer who is killing the sport of bodybuilding (in Asia)...

Armageddon

• Getbig III
« Reply #143 on: July 03, 2007, 12:48:41 PM »
I got some news from a Bahrain Champ saying their federation paid Paul Chua US$32000 to disregard the positive doping test of Bahrain’s Gold medal Terek Feresani and Silver medal Faisal Sayed in the Asian games.  Also to allow Munther and Aziz to judge the next world championship although they have no background in international judging.

And the Bahrain team lost a gold medal in the 80KG for Mohamed Sebeh because one English man who was the Thailand Champion friend bought for Paul Chua a new Range Rover.

This was sent to me by one of the champions who was not allowed to compete this year and was not given his allowances and salary cause they had to pay Paul Chua and he was pissed because of that.

Milos_Sarcev

• Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #144 on: July 03, 2007, 01:23:42 PM »
I got some news from a Bahrain Champ saying their federation paid Paul Chua US$32000 to disregard the positive doping test of Bahrain’s Gold medal Terek Feresani and Silver medal Faisal Sayed in the Asian games.  Also to allow Munther and Aziz to judge the next world championship although they have no background in international judging.

And the Bahrain team lost a gold medal in the 80KG for Mohamed Sebeh because one English man who was the Thailand Champion friend bought for Paul Chua a new Range Rover.

This was sent to me by one of the champions who was not allowed to compete this year and was not given his allowances and salary cause they had to pay Paul Chua and he was pissed because of that.

I AM SURE...That would be first that someone publicly talks about it...

BTW - they made a "good deal" and didn't pay too much...Paul went easy on them. ;)

Bahrain coach did tell me that he can speak to me until the doping test results are published...maybe now he can?
Tell him that I am still waiting.

tony dominguez

• Getbig II
Re: IFBB bans Milos..
« Reply #145 on: July 04, 2007, 02:30:48 PM »
Fair enough. However, I think it is your lack of in enacting any real change, despite your protestations to the contrary, that frustrates everybody here at Gb. And, in that light, your 'moral outrage' against my analogy rings patently false.

Show us some real, positive change, and you will have no better supporters than us. Continue with the same ambivalent wordsmithing and you will continue to be seen as nothing more than a shop steward.     
I AGREE!!!!!!!

Armageddon

• Getbig III
« Reply #146 on: July 07, 2007, 11:49:26 PM »
I don’t know who deleted the thread about Paul chua receiving bribe –guess it was bob.

But I just want to clarify this issue that it was sent to me via messenger from an actual bodybuilder / champion from Bahrain who was very closely involved with the federation.  Because he has bad English he wanted anyone to post for him; and I guess a lot of other members on getbig got it but no one else posted it

Milos_Sarcev

• Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #147 on: July 08, 2007, 12:18:04 AM »
I don’t know who deleted the thread about Paul chua receiving bribe –guess it was bob.

But I just want to clarify this issue that it was sent to me via messenger from an actual bodybuilder / champion from Bahrain who was very closely involved with the federation.  Because he has bad English he wanted anyone to post for him; and I guess a lot of other members on getbig got it but no one else posted it

Hmmmmmm, someone deleted the thread about Paul Chua receiving bribe?

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #148 on: July 08, 2007, 12:20:24 AM »

Paul paid Ron a bribe to delete it!  ;D
Ron: "I am lazy."

BEAST 8692

• Getbig IV
« Reply #149 on: July 08, 2007, 08:37:43 AM »

when is this 'evidence' going to turn up milos ?

you claimed that you had much reading material but i haven't seen any of it yet.

please tell me you weren't lying ???