Author Topic: JUSTIN HARRIS'S PREP FOR THE USA !!!  (Read 11267 times)

donthate1

• Getbig II
Re: JUSTIN HARRIS'S PREP FOR THE USA !!!
« Reply #75 on: June 20, 2007, 10:25:33 AM »
I hope he gets the pro card!

I hope he does to, but I wouldn't bet on it for shit!!

SWOLETRAIN

• Getbig IV
« Reply #76 on: June 20, 2007, 10:31:55 AM »
who are the big names rolling into this contest?
-

troponin

• Getbig III
  • www.troponinnutrition.com
« Reply #77 on: June 20, 2007, 10:35:21 AM »
I saw justing at the Jr.Nationals this weekend.  He could've gotten on stage and got second to michael lockett.  He looked awesome.

Wow....thanks a lot!  Even if you're just blowing smoke up my ass....that definitely helps with the confidence. 

Thanks a lot for all the comments everyone.  I didn't see this thread before, but I really appreciate Stavios putting it up. 

I do take all comments to heart, I know what I want to improve, and I listen to what others have to say.  So, all comments...positive and negative...are welcome.  I'm sure I don't have to worry about people holding things back here. lol

Blockhead took me and some friends to an X-sport in Chicago, and we had a blast.  A great gym....Block even walked up to me with a fat block of chalk...and gave me the "nod" that it was okay.  You don't see that too often. 

Thanks again!
www.trueprotein.com
Troponin Nutritio

wisconsinBB

• Getbig IV
  • Sweep The Leg!
« Reply #78 on: June 20, 2007, 10:35:47 AM »
I would say jerome fergusson and robert hatch have got to be the favorites to win the supers, but you never know who's gonna show up or what type of conditioning people will bring!  I'd be very, very shocked if Justin isnt a top 5 guy.

wisconsinBB

• Getbig IV
  • Sweep The Leg!
« Reply #79 on: June 20, 2007, 10:36:56 AM »
Wow....thanks a lot!  Even if you're just blowing smoke up my ass....that definitely helps with the confidence.

Not blowing smoke up your ass, just calling it like I see it!

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #80 on: June 20, 2007, 10:37:06 AM »
Yes I have and I see no point in doing deadlifts. My highest was a little of the 700 mark. I can do other exercises and get the same benefit and save my back.
Uh, sarge, you're completely missing his point. Deadlifts, done right, probably stress the hamstrings more than any exercise by a huge factor. That you didn't pick up/know on this earned you a spanking. 

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #81 on: June 20, 2007, 12:22:57 PM »
Uh, sarge, you're completely missing his point. Deadlifts, done right, probably stress the hamstrings more than any exercise by a huge factor. That you didn't pick up/know on this earned you a spanking. 

I agree...my hamstrings are always sore after deadlifts. deads made the biggest improvement in my hams over everything else.

8)

dzulboy

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Big hard and turbo charged
« Reply #82 on: June 20, 2007, 12:53:15 PM »
justin is the man but hatch last i saw looks insane     ....jerome on the other hand ::)

Stavios

« Reply #83 on: June 20, 2007, 02:44:49 PM »
justin is the man but hatch last i saw looks insane     ....jerome on the other hand ::)

Hatch looks FUCKING GREAT

I haven't seen any recent pics but if he brought up the legs a little bit he has very good chances to win this thing

it will be a good show

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
« Reply #84 on: June 20, 2007, 03:03:12 PM »
Hey Troponin, what gym do you train at? I live in Clarkston, I think I am close to you. Just curious.
E

YoungBlood

• Getbig V
  • Weee!
« Reply #85 on: June 20, 2007, 03:24:36 PM »
I would say jerome fergusson  has got to be the favorites to win the supers, but...

If the judges read the last interview he gave, and then saw the segment on BBing.com where Jerome was featured with Charles Glass, they'll probably place him near the middle of the pack.
In the segment with Glass, Jerome was high as a kite on something!!! He was talking out of his head, resting on the ground or benches after a warm-up set. Something was certainly up with his mind that day.
But I can't see physique-wise, why he shouldn't be a front runner. :)

troponin

• Getbig III
« Reply #86 on: June 20, 2007, 03:31:58 PM »
Hey Troponin, what gym do you train at? I live in Clarkston, I think I am close to you. Just curious.

I'm in Clinton Township.  I train at the 16 and Gratiot powerhouse. 
I work in Royal Oak, at Beaumont.  So, we're pretty close. 

You going to Jobby Nooner? lol
www.trueprotein.com
Troponin Nutritio

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #87 on: June 20, 2007, 03:34:31 PM »
I'm in Clinton Township.  I train at the 16 and Gratiot powerhouse. 
I work in Royal Oak, at Beaumont.  So, we're pretty close. 

You going to Jobby Nooner? lol

Is 16 and Gratiot the Dabish bros. Powerhouse?(I used to read a lot about them in the 90's) I am not sure what Jobby Nooner is, must be a local joke that is flying over my head.
E

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #88 on: June 20, 2007, 03:40:55 PM »
Is 16 and Gratiot the Dabish bros. Powerhouse?(I used to read a lot about them in the 90's) I am not sure what Jobby Nooner is, must be a local joke that is flying over my head.
Ok, I googled it.

Jobbie Nooner is an annual party on a small island on northern Lake St. Clair.

Sounds like fun, plus there were many pics of women in bikinis :) I used to go to Bud fest every summer, but haven't been in a while. Perhaps I will check out the Nooner this year. Good luck at the Nationals!
E

troponin

• Getbig III
« Reply #89 on: June 20, 2007, 03:45:11 PM »
Ok, I googled it.

Jobbie Nooner is an annual party on a small island on northern Lake St. Clair.

Sounds like fun, plus there were many pics of women in bikinis :) I used to go to Bud fest every summer, but haven't been in a while. Perhaps I will check out the Nooner this year. Good luck at the Nationals!

Yeah, I've never actually been to a 'nooner,' but everyone is always talking about it around here.  Maybe it is just a Clinton Township thing.

The gym is owned by Mike Bloomquist now.  Was a Dabish gym at one point.  Mike's owned it for a while now.  Great gym if you ever get the chance to train there.  There's probably a dozen or more national level bbers that train there, and another dozen or more competitors.  Everyone is great, no one is a total jack off, and everyone gets along.  Even the old timers hitting the bikes and the sauna in the morning train hard. 
A great atmosphere. 
www.trueprotein.com
Troponin Nutritio

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #90 on: June 20, 2007, 03:53:04 PM »
Yeah, I've never actually been to a 'nooner,' but everyone is always talking about it around here.  Maybe it is just a Clinton Township thing.

The gym is owned by Mike Bloomquist now.  Was a Dabish gym at one point.  Mike's owned it for a while now.  Great gym if you ever get the chance to train there.  There's probably a dozen or more national level bbers that train there, and another dozen or more competitors.  Everyone is great, no one is a total jack off, and everyone gets along.  Even the old timers hitting the bikes and the sauna in the morning train hard. 
A great atmosphere. 

Sounds like a cool gym. I train at Worlds in Waterford(very average gym, but my buddy owns it) but have been going to The Great Lakes Athletic center in Auburn Hills lately to train with a buddy. It's the furthest thing from hardcore, but they have everything you could ever want; basketballcourt, outside pool, tennis courts etc. and the girls are hot as fuck :o might have to join for good. Anyway, sorry to hijack your thread, good luck again!
E

pumpher

• Getbig III
« Reply #91 on: June 20, 2007, 05:33:54 PM »
You look great Justin and your video is inspirational. I agree with the comments on bringing up hams & calves.

Good luck at the USA's

Did you dust Blockhead in the gym?

troponin

• Getbig III
« Reply #92 on: June 21, 2007, 05:00:32 AM »
You look great Justin and your video is inspirational. I agree with the comments on bringing up hams & calves.

Good luck at the USA's

Did you dust Blockhead in the gym?

Blockhead held his own.  He was doing a few different exercises, he's a big dude.
www.trueprotein.com
Troponin Nutritio

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
  • http://www.liftstudios.com
« Reply #93 on: June 21, 2007, 06:04:07 AM »
Nice to meet you at Jr. Natioanls and congrats with the Optimum gig. You were looking swole and on track. Best of luck at USAs.
Elevate Your Image.™

troponin

• Getbig III
« Reply #94 on: June 21, 2007, 12:08:37 PM »
Nice to meet you at Jr. Natioanls and congrats with the Optimum gig. You were looking swole and on track. Best of luck at USAs.

Isaac,
   It was a pleasure meeting you in Chicago!
www.trueprotein.com
Troponin Nutritio

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #95 on: June 21, 2007, 06:42:32 PM »

I actually just got off the phone with someone who said she was going to the "nooner" at six in the morning tomorrow, she said its fun, but too crowded and a little hillybillyish. I can't believe I have never heard of it, she said it was a pretty big deal. I told her to look for a REALLY big dude and tell him "Danny" said hi ;D
E

troponin

• Getbig III
« Reply #96 on: June 22, 2007, 05:07:48 AM »
I actually just got off the phone with someone who said she was going to the "nooner" at six in the morning tomorrow, she said its fun, but too crowded and a little hillybillyish. I can't believe I have never heard of it, she said it was a pretty big deal. I told her to look for a REALLY big dude and tell him "Danny" said hi ;D
Haha...I won't be there.  I'll be at work all day...probably not really my crowd anyway.  But, people around here sure seem to get pumped for it. lol
www.trueprotein.com
Troponin Nutritio

natural al

• Getbig V
  • like it or don't, learn to live with it..whooooooo
« Reply #97 on: June 22, 2007, 08:21:26 AM »

A great atmosphere. 

hey troop, did you ever hear of Hany dabbish?  He's a cousin of the dabbish bros, he bought a gym on 13 and little mack, scammed a bunch of people and closed it down-he didn't get me, it's actually a funny story but I MADE money with my membership at that gym....anyway I was talking to a buddy of mine and he had done it a couple of time before.
nasser=piece of shit

HowieW

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #98 on: June 22, 2007, 08:25:36 AM »
looks very nice, except for this lack of hamstrings. Im just being nitpicky. Lets see what type of condition he can get into! Hopefully its that grainy white guy look that branch warren can get. He'll be freaky awesome.

He needs a lot more calf/soleus width due to his upper body mass. What is his present wt and ht?
He looks damn good overall however, could do damage if he nails the conditioning.
Kelly Ryan married well!  Free Titus!

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #99 on: June 22, 2007, 10:24:56 AM »
Hey Justin,

You look great.

You are doing those flyes wrong though in your video. Also doesn't look like you like to train biceps.

Other then that.. very good.

just push some weight!