Author Topic: R.I.P.  (Read 316114 times)

PhoenixBuff

• Getbig IV
Re: R.I.P.
« Reply #25 on: June 22, 2007, 02:41:58 PM »
My condolences Max.  You said everything perfectly.

Max_Rep

• Max Rep
  • Getbig IV
  • It’s about how hard you can GET hit...
« Reply #26 on: June 23, 2007, 12:18:09 AM »
My condolences Max.  You said everything perfectly.

Thank you!
and keep moving!

~flower~

• Getbig IV
  • D/s
« Reply #27 on: June 23, 2007, 07:46:37 AM »
The thing that always amazes me about pets. Their personalities and unique little behaviors. It’s so interesting to me.   

Me and STella were just talking about this, how they each have their own personalities.  Some people say not to give them "human emotions" which may be true to a degree, but anyone who has had and loved a pet knows that they do feel/express emotions, even if they aren't to the same degree as a person can express or feel them.

PhoenixBuff

• Getbig IV
« Reply #28 on: June 28, 2007, 08:47:25 AM »
Well, I'm very sad to report that my 21 year old cat that I told everyone about last week passed away peacefully at home this morning.  She was truly loved by everyone and she will be sorely missed every day for the rest of our lives.  We were only so lucky to have this special girl in our lives and we are truly grateful for that.  We know she is now in a very special place.

We love you little girl.

Moguwai - March 1, 1986 - June 28, 2007

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: June 28, 2007, 08:50:37 AM »
 :'(  RIP Moguwai

You will be missed.

My deepest condolences Phoenix.
:D Weee

~flower~

• Getbig IV
  • D/s
« Reply #30 on: June 28, 2007, 08:55:27 AM »
Very sorry PhoenixBuff.  :'(   

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: June 28, 2007, 08:57:42 AM »
sorry dude...that really sucks

PhoenixBuff

• Getbig IV
« Reply #32 on: June 28, 2007, 09:22:12 AM »
Thanks everyone - it's extremely tough to deal with this, especially having her for her entire life - it's been a very long time.  But I take comfort that she had the best of everything and died very peacefully.  I took her to the vet this morning one final time (after she had passed) and the nurses, even the doctor (who has been doing this for 40 years) was balling their eyes out - it was a great tribute to such a wonderful animal.

Thanks again.

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: June 28, 2007, 11:00:00 AM »
 :'( so very sorry :'(
R

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: June 28, 2007, 11:09:00 AM »
Thanks everyone - it's extremely tough to deal with this, especially having her for her entire life - it's been a very long time.  But I take comfort that she had the best of everything and died very peacefully.  I took her to the vet this morning one final time (after she had passed) and the nurses, even the doctor (who has been doing this for 40 years) was balling their eyes out - it was a great tribute to such a wonderful animal.

Thanks again.
How are your other kittys doing?  I know they will be looking for Moguwai.  :-\

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: June 28, 2007, 11:35:23 AM »

Thanks again.

I can imagine.  I remember when my dog passed,,,,it was emotional for everyone.  She was just part of the family & the Vet over the course of years learned her 'quirky' personality.

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #36 on: June 28, 2007, 12:18:32 PM »
:'( I'm so very sorry Phoenix :'(
Losing a pet is very difficult
:

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: June 28, 2007, 12:22:02 PM »
sorry to hear about your cat Phoenix, RIP.

PhoenixBuff

• Getbig IV
« Reply #38 on: June 28, 2007, 01:31:08 PM »
How are your other kittys doing?  I know they will be looking for Moguwai.  :-\

Thanks everyone.  Laura, the other cats seem to be doing pretty well.  I took half the day off from work to check on them.  I hope this trend continues. 

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: June 28, 2007, 01:34:42 PM »
Thanks everyone.  Laura, the other cats seem to be doing pretty well.  I took half the day off from work to check on them.  I hope this trend continues. 
Don't be surprised if they cry now and again, looking for Moguwai.  You had mentioned that they all played together.  They will at some point be very curious as to why they can't find her.  :(

Max_Rep

• Max Rep
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #40 on: June 28, 2007, 05:07:23 PM »
Sorry for your loss PhoenixBuff. 21 years is a great life for a cat. 
and keep moving!

~flower~

• Getbig IV
  • D/s
« Reply #41 on: June 29, 2007, 06:54:59 AM »
I think this is fitting for this thread:

THE PURPOSE OF A DOG - FROM A 4 YEAR OLD

Being a veterinarian, I had been called to examine a ten-year old
Irish Wolfhound named Belker. The dog's owners, Ron, his wife,
Lisa, and their little boy, Shane, were all very attached to Belker
and hey were hoping for a miracle.

I examined Belker and found he was dying of cancer. I told the
family we couldn't do anything for Belker, and offered to perform
the euthanasia procedure for the old dog in their home.

As we made arrangements, Ron and Lisa told me they thought it would
be good for the four-year old Shane to observe the procedure. They
felt as though Shane might learn something from the experience.

The next day, I felt the familiar catch in my throat as Belker's
family surrounded him. Shane seemed so calm, petting the old dog
for the last time, that I wondered if he understood what was going
on. Within a few minutes, Belker slipped peacefully away. The
little boy seemed to accept Belker's transition without any
difficulty or confusion. We sat together for a while after Belker's
death, wondering aloud about the sad fact that animal lives are
shorter than human lives.

Shane, who had been listening quietly, piped up, "I know why."

Startled, we all turned to him. What came out of his mouth next
stunned me. I'd never heard a more comforting explanation.

He said, "People are born so that they can learn how to live a good
life --- like loving everybody all the time and being nice, right?"
The four- year-old continued, "Well, dogs already know how to do
that, so they don't have to stay as long."

gtbro1

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: June 29, 2007, 07:15:18 AM »
  sorry for your loss PhoenixBuff ...and everyone else in this thread.

This thread makes me sad. :'(  My kitty is just now 1 year old and I already love her to death.(I used to hate cats before I found her in the rain) I look fwd to coming home and playing with her every night...never a dull moment with her because she is VERY mischievous. I dread the day when I will have to say goodbye. :(

Max_Rep

• Max Rep
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #43 on: June 29, 2007, 12:49:05 PM »
  sorry for your loss PhoenixBuff ...and everyone else in this thread.

This thread makes me sad. :'(  My kitty is just now 1 year old and I already love her to death.(I used to hate cats before I found her in the rain) I look fwd to coming home and playing with her every night...never a dull moment with her because she is VERY mischievous. I dread the day when I will have to say goodbye. :(

gtbro1...They get their little paws into our hearts. Enjoy the time and don't think about the day far in the future.

That was an awesome story Amy.
and keep moving!

Jadethegladiator

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #44 on: June 29, 2007, 07:34:37 PM »
So sorry for your loss.  I have been there a few times myself.....it hurts big time. 

My advice is simply to appreciate what you have now & then hey, the pets that you will have in future. :)  Hang in there, k? 

Kim

gtbro1

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: July 03, 2007, 09:30:59 AM »
my parents had their dog put down last November.He was old and had severe arthritis and he couldn't even hold himself up to do his business.I loved that old dog. I was sorta upset with my dad because he just did it...I mean,we all knew it was coming,but that dog was part of our family for over 14 years,it would have been nice to say goodbye...I called my dad one night on my lunch break..I asked "How is Stormy doing today?" (like I said I knew the end was near) Then dad just said "well...I took him down today and had him put down...he's gone." He was about to cry telling me...and I have never ever seen my father cry. He buried him in the back ...still had his collar and leash on...said he didn't want to have to look at it. 

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: July 03, 2007, 09:48:00 AM »
my parents had their dog put down last November.He was old and had severe arthritis and he couldn't even hold himself up to do his business.I loved that old dog. I was sorta upset with my dad because he just did it...I mean,we all knew it was coming,but that dog was part of our family for over 14 years,it would have been nice to say goodbye...I called my dad one night on my lunch break..I asked "How is Stormy doing today?" (like I said I knew the end was near) Then dad just said "well...I took him down today and had him put down...he's gone." He was about to cry telling me...and I have never ever seen my father cry. He buried him in the back ...still had his collar and leash on...said he didn't want to have to look at it. 

Well, although I understand you wanting to say goodbye....it sounds as if your old man just had to do this difficult task in his own way.  I'm not saying that in a negative way....but maybe he just wanted to do this by himself.
I know how it feels when you have to put your best pal down.  Some people handle it different on so many different levels.  My father did the same & put down the animals in our house by himself.
Don't look at it negative.

gtbro1

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: July 03, 2007, 09:51:19 AM »
Well, although I understand you wanting to say goodbye....it sounds as if your old man just had to do this difficult task in his own way.  I'm not saying that in a negative way....but maybe he just wanted to do this by himself.
I know how it feels when you have to put your best pal down.  Some people handle it different on so many different levels.  My father did the same & put down the animals in our house by himself.
Don't look at it negative.

Oh I didn't mean to sound negative...I wasn't really mad at him...just upsetthat I never said bye to the dog.....my dad and mom did it together..they took him to the vet and when they brought him home dad buried him without removing his leash or collar that he had used to lead him down there...I miss the dog but feel worse for my father because I know that was hard for him to do.

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: July 03, 2007, 10:03:37 AM »
   Oh I didn't mean to sound negative...I wasn't really mad at him...just upsetthat I never said bye to the dog.....my dad and mom did it together..they took him to the vet and when they brought him home dad buried him without removing his leash or collar that he had used to lead him down there...I miss the dog but feel worse for my father because I know that was hard for him to do.

When I was growing up...our Vet would come to the house.

Funny.....Vet would come out all the time for this or that & the dogs were always happy to see him.  When ever he came out to do that deed....the rest of the dogs (seriously) would huddle together, lay down under the table.  All the years the dogs would lay together...they would never get that close to one another & practically lay on top of one another unless he was coming out to do that.  Then for the rest of the day...they would seriously just mope around.  Lay very quiet...wouldn't play & barely would eat anything.  By the 2nd or 3rd day they would start getting back in their normal routine.  For the next couple of weeks though, if I watched them...they would snoop around the yard "looking" for maybe a lost friend.

True..dogs don't have the memory compared to a human...but I believe they know there's something "missing" or out of order. 

When I left for the Marines...my dog just wasn't herself.  My parents tried doing a lot of stuff with her just to keep her busy.  6 months or 8 months later when I would come home....she would go berserk.

~flower~

• Getbig IV
  • D/s
« Reply #49 on: July 06, 2007, 11:24:41 AM »
Urns and stuff, even jewelry you can put ashes in:

http://www.ashestoashes.com/