Author Topic: R.I.P.  (Read 316092 times)

Butterbean

• Getbig V
Re: R.I.P.
« Reply #125 on: January 08, 2008, 06:10:16 PM »

So sorry Flowey :'(

Good night little Tino  :'(

R

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
Re: Tino 1998-2008
« Reply #126 on: January 08, 2008, 07:48:37 PM »
My little bald old man Tino was put to rest today.  I had over 9-1/2 years of joy with Tino. I hope he is healthy and happy playing with his buds now and is reunited with Simon who passed last April.

I'm going to miss you my lil Tino-Beano.
   :'(

I am very sorry to hear that ~flower~.  I hope you can find comfort in knowing you gave him the best possible life he could've had.
:

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #127 on: January 09, 2008, 06:32:42 AM »
Awww, I'm so sorry Flower.   :'(
:D Weee

~flower~

• Getbig IV
  • D/s
« Reply #128 on: January 10, 2008, 05:41:44 AM »
Thanks guys.  I think it will take some time to not automatically be thinking that it is time to feed Tino, it's been a schedule for almost a year with Tino and previously over a year with Simon, so a 2 year habit to get out of. Ferret Hospice is closed.   :(  I will be cleaning out the ferret room this weekend.  Right now his blanket piles are still out like he may be snuggled in one. 

RIP to all our companions who have passed.
    :-[

gtbro1

• Getbig V
« Reply #129 on: January 10, 2008, 06:05:19 AM »
 :(  that sucks. Sorry for your loss, Flower.

~flower~

• Getbig IV
  • D/s
« Reply #130 on: January 10, 2008, 06:17:14 AM »
Thanks gtbro1.  It sucks that I miss the spunky old guy, but considering the average life span for ferrets is around 5-7 years, and usually a disease sets in before that, Simon made it over 8 years of age before he started to show his age (he passed last April at 9 years of age) and Tino not til he was 9 and he was about 9 1/2 when I gave him peace (I swear I think he was trying to get to 10!) I feel lucky to have had those "extra" years with them and that they were healthy for all but the last year of their lives.   So I can  :'( cause I miss them, but  :) for all the years I had with them.   I think that is true for any pet lover.

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #131 on: January 10, 2008, 06:24:06 AM »
Thanks gtbro1.  It sucks that I miss the spunky old guy, but considering the average life span for ferrets is around 5-7 years, and usually a disease sets in before that, Simon made it over 8 years of age before he started to show his age (he passed last April at 9 years of age) and Tino not til he was 9 and he was about 9 1/2 when I gave him peace (I swear I think he was trying to get to 10!) I feel lucky to have had those "extra" years with them and that they were healthy for all but the last year of their lives.   So I can  :'( cause I miss them, but  :) for all the years I had with them.   I think that is true for any pet lover.
Absolutely Flower.  And I am more than sure that you were the best mommie they could have ever had.

ripitupbaby

• Pros
  • Getbig V
  • 2010 Olympia Pro Powerlifting Champ
« Reply #132 on: January 10, 2008, 07:17:48 AM »

I was thinking that sounded quite old for a ferret.  He was very lucky to have you, and you him.   :)
:)

~flower~

• Getbig IV
  • D/s
« Reply #133 on: January 10, 2008, 07:37:58 AM »

Thanks you two.   :-*

Max_Rep

• Max Rep
  • Getbig IV
  • It’s about how hard you can GET hit...
« Reply #134 on: January 11, 2008, 08:17:11 PM »
Sorry to hear about this flower.
and keep moving!

~flower~

• Getbig IV
  • D/s
« Reply #135 on: January 12, 2008, 03:19:54 PM »
Thanks Dave, I appreciate that.

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #136 on: March 12, 2008, 11:48:32 PM »
I was watching my friends cat and he died today.  He was only 4 years old.  IN the past few weeks he has been pissing everywhere but his box and even shitting in places and I knew he was sick.  My friend went out of town and said he would take the cat to the doctor when he comes back this Saturday.  Well since yesterday the cat really has been moving really slow and just laying there.  I told my friend I am taking him to the doctor today but it was too late.  He was a really cool cat too.  Had a personality unlike most cats.  I feel kind of bad.

Alex23

« Reply #137 on: March 13, 2008, 12:38:33 AM »
I was watching my friends cat and he died today.  He was only 4 years old.  IN the past few weeks he has been pissing everywhere but his box and even shitting in places and I knew he was sick.  My friend went out of town and said he would take the cat to the doctor when he comes back this Saturday.  Well since yesterday the cat really has been moving really slow and just laying there.  I told my friend I am taking him to the doctor today but it was too late.  He was a really cool cat too.  Had a personality unlike most cats.  I feel kind of bad.

Call me, I may have a similar looking cat we could replace him with. Your "friend" doesn't need to know.

ripitupbaby

• Pros
  • Getbig V
  • 2010 Olympia Pro Powerlifting Champ
« Reply #138 on: March 13, 2008, 04:06:28 AM »

GEEZ, that's awful.  Sorry you had to deal with that.   

That cat must have been really sick.   :-\

:)

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #139 on: March 13, 2008, 06:05:21 AM »
That's terrible Keith.  I'm sorry that happened.  Poor kitty :(
R

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #140 on: March 13, 2008, 08:38:39 AM »
Thanks.  He was a really cool cat as is the other one.  The play fetch and run around and come to you when you call them.  When I think about it I feel really bad cause the cat was telling me he was sick.  He would lay on the floor and not move and come into my room and just lay there.  This is one reason why I don't have a dog.  I get to attached to them and when they go I hate it.  This cat wasn't even mine and I feel bad.  And I feel worse cause I know it could have been prevented and that the cat was telling me he was sick.  I remember when I was a kid and the first dog I remembered we had.  His name was Bundy.  It was a Hungarian Puli.  He was really old and my dad was going to take him to the vet the next day to put him to sleep.  I had Bundy sleep in my bed and made him as comfortable as I could cause I knew he was not going to be around the next day.  Man I cried my ass off all night.  I remember that next afternoon after my dad came back how much he was crying and my mom.  You get so attached to the animals it's unreal.  I would love to have a dog but can't for that reason.

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #141 on: March 13, 2008, 08:42:20 AM »
Thanks.  He was a really cool cat as is the other one.  The play fetch and run around and come to you when you call them.  When I think about it I feel really bad cause the cat was telling me he was sick.  He would lay on the floor and not move and come into my room and just lay there.  This is one reason why I don't have a dog.  I get to attached to them and when they go I hate it.  This cat wasn't even mine and I feel bad.  And I feel worse cause I know it could have been prevented and that the cat was telling me he was sick.  I remember when I was a kid and the first dog I remembered we had.  His name was Bundy.  It was a Hungarian Puli.  He was really old and my dad was going to take him to the vet the next day to put him to sleep.  I had Bundy sleep in my bed and made him as comfortable as I could cause I knew he was not going to be around the next day.  Man I cried my ass off all night.  I remember that next afternoon after my dad came back how much he was crying and my mom.  You get so attached to the animals it's unreal.  I would love to have a dog but can't for that reason.

Feel the same way...but...the dog we have now is so extraordinary.  I have to remind myself I'd rather have him in my life than not to at all.

The sucky part is....any dog I've ever had has never let me down except when they pass away.

~flower~

• Getbig IV
  • D/s
« Reply #142 on: March 13, 2008, 11:56:50 AM »

Sorry to hear that onlyme.    :(

I hate it when I see this thread bumped.
   :-[

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #143 on: March 13, 2008, 04:08:13 PM »
My old cat and my aunt died of cancer the same day; strange coincidence.
I hate the State.

gtbro1

• Getbig V
« Reply #144 on: March 15, 2008, 06:10:38 AM »
 :'(   

terryP

• Getbig II
  • Don't Quit!
« Reply #145 on: March 15, 2008, 01:38:04 PM »
God...I still remember when I had to take my first dog...Tiger..a toy poodle..( don't dis the poodles! He was FEARLESS!) to the vet to be "put to sleep". I held him in my arms as the injection was given. He had a bad heart and all the medicines just wouldn't work anymore. I cried like a baby as he left this world. I still have dreams with him. Thank god the vet let me bring him home so I could bury him in my backyard in a a bed of roses. I think of him everyday.... :'(
Stay Strong!

w8m8

« Reply #146 on: March 18, 2008, 05:22:01 PM »
R.I.P. 

Yogi was my room-mate for almost 14 yrs and he died Sunday night , right next to my bed waiting for me to come home from work  :'(
He was a great friend.

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #147 on: March 18, 2008, 05:26:07 PM »
God...I still remember when I had to take my first dog...Tiger..a toy poodle..( don't dis the poodles! He was FEARLESS!) to the vet to be "put to sleep". I held him in my arms as the injection was given. He had a bad heart and all the medicines just wouldn't work anymore. I cried like a baby as he left this world. I still have dreams with him. Thank god the vet let me bring him home so I could bury him in my backyard in a a bed of roses. I think of him everyday.... :'(

:'(  sorry about Tiger terryP. 

R.I.P. 

Yogi was my room-mate for almost 14 yrs and he died Sunday night , right next to my bed waiting for me to come home from work  :'(
He was a great friend.

What a beauty he was w8m8!   So sweet looking too.  So sorry for your loss :'(

R

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #148 on: March 18, 2008, 07:37:46 PM »
R.I.P. 

He was a great friend.

How sad  :'(
Did he have health issues or was it just his time?
If he went peacefully in his sleep, then you couldn't have asked for a better passing.
:

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #149 on: March 19, 2008, 03:10:14 AM »
R.I.P. 

He was a great friend.

Beautiful little boy w8m8.  I'm saddened by your loss.  :'(