Author Topic: Tuf 5 finale (full card)  (Read 3536 times)

*ChuteBoxe*

• Getbig IV
Tuf 5 finale (full card)
« on: June 15, 2007, 07:39:26 PM »
Jens Pulver Vs. BJ Penn #1 contenders match (155lbs)

Manny Gamburyan Vs. Nathan Diaz    Tuf 5 final 155lbs

Roger Huerta Vs. Doug Evans 
Floyd Sword Vs. Thales Leites 
Brandon Melendez Vs. Joe Lauzon 
Andy Wang Vs. Cole Miller 
Rob Emerson Vs. Gray Maynard 
Allen Berube Vs. Leonard Garcia 
Brian Geraghty Vs. Matt Wiman 

Predictions
 40/61

coltrane

• Getbig IV
Re: Tuf 5 finale (full card)
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2007, 05:19:33 AM »
i love when in the beginning of the TUF series' only the winners of the tourny fights in the UFC.....now, who really cares whether you win or lose....you're still get to fight in the ufc

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2007, 06:18:10 AM »
I can't wait to see the pulver fight and the huerta fight. I'm a HUGE roger huerta fan. That man kicks ass.

LatsMcGee

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2007, 09:11:35 AM »
I thought the clowns who got booted out of the house were going to fight each other too.  That's what MMA Weekly reported a few weeks ago.

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2007, 09:16:54 AM »
BJ looks pretty big on the show. To get down to 155 he's gonna have to do some serious dieting and cutting.

blinky

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2007, 02:25:35 PM »
i love when in the beginning of the TUF series' only the winners of the tourny fights in the UFC.....now, who really cares whether you win or lose....you're still get to fight in the ufc

i dont think that was really ever the case. right after season 1 most of the guys had fights..not just the winners. and its continued every season. it was just the winners that got the big $ contract.

anywyas...i think the final with nate/manny will be really good.
and i didnt know that the losers were gonna fight each other. why are they doing this?

*ChuteBoxe*

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2007, 02:51:03 PM »
anywyas...i think the final with nate/manny will be really good.
and i didnt know that the losers were gonna fight each other. why are they doing this?

They have always brought some of the losers on to fight on the finale, most of them won't make the ppv, but I guess it's a second chance for some of the guys on the show who had decent showings or didn't do dumb shit.  (Gabe,Noah,the guy with 300 street fights)  I'm suprised corey isn't on the card, and I'm suprised Wang is on it. Melendez/Lauzon might be good though.
Predictions
 40/61

blinky

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2007, 04:01:31 PM »
never noticed before or just dont remember. or like you said it might be on before the telecast starts.

didn't do dumb shit.  (Gabe,Noah,the guy with 300 street fights) 

im guessing these are the guys that got booted for fighting at the house. i heard about it but missed that episode. what happened exactly?

*ChuteBoxe*

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2007, 04:35:19 PM »
im guessing these are the guys that got booted for fighting at the house. i heard about it but missed that episode. what happened exactly?

Marlon was talking shit about how he would never tap in a fight, (pretty much talking shit about Noah tapping to Manny Gamburyan).  Then Noah came back and said something to Marlon about his crazy stories that aren't true.  Marlon instantly gets up from his seat and tries to flip Noah off his chair.  They both square off and Noah sucker punches Marlon and takes him down.  They both proceed to full out fight in the back yard with Marlon landing alot of shots and Noah going for a bunch of subs, Noah ends up being slammed on his head on the concrete.  Pretty funny if you ask me.  Oh and they booted Monstah for being the ref.
Predictions
 40/61

blinky

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2007, 04:46:28 PM »
Marlon was talking shit about how he would never tap in a fight, (pretty much talking shit about Noah tapping to Manny Gamburyan).  Then Noah came back and said something to Marlon about his crazy stories that aren't true.  Marlon instantly gets up from his seat and tries to flip Noah off his chair.  They both square off and Noah sucker punches Marlon and takes him down.  They both proceed to full out fight in the back yard with Marlon landing alot of shots and Noah going for a bunch of subs, Noah ends up being slammed on his head on the concrete.  Pretty funny if you ask me.  Oh and they booted Monstah for being the ref.

thanx . ill try and catch the repeat

blinky

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2007, 12:35:11 AM »
too bad about how the fight ended. im sure neither guy was happy to see it end like that..although im sure hes still happy he won.
im glad he did win though and im sure well see some kind of a rematch.

notice i didnt put any names due to no *spoiler* in the thread title  ;)