Author Topic: tip of week  (Read 5280 times)

gh15

• Getbig V
  • angels
tip of week
« on: June 16, 2007, 01:37:52 PM »
to the many requests,,,this one will be about diuretics

**warning**
do not use diuretics if you are not femiliar with your body,, also do not use them if you are over 7% bodyfat because you will get nada out of them and may even make yoursef look worse as in soft and flat puffed up baloon

now,,

lifters come to me and ask me,,,"can we use diuretics with out competing to look good on the beach and to always have the arnold look with out subq all blurring our definition.."
the answer is yes but with one condition,,you GOT TO know your body well and have water and bananas near you at all times even if it is    a pottassium sparing diuretic,,have it in any case

diuretics should be the last resort to get the paper thin look and this is after you already used an ai an ae,,,after your diet is pretty much clean,,and after  you been on clenbuterol albuterol ephedrine t3 and all that good stuff,,,after  you already been on var and halotestin and masteron and all that,,only then add in diuretics at a RESONABLE DOSE,,diuretics can kill you if you overdue them but as i said before the risk is near to nothing same as with slin as long as YOU KNOW YOUR BODY AND USE THEM AT A RESONABLE DOSE AND TIMING!

ill go from the best diuretics as in least side effects  to the  worst diuretics as in more side effects,,you gotta remember though when it comes to bodybuilders and diuretics we usually use the worst diuretics with the more side effects because we want fast action,,this is not my recomendation though! less is more with diuretics and if you dont learn it from me you will learn it when you overdue them yourself,,and all the hard work you done goes to shits

1. taraxatone/dandelion leaf: best natural diuretic out there,,if you got the muscle and the low bodyfat% it will shredd you up,,it wont do nothing for you if you are high bodyfat,, i reccomend it warmly to competetive and everyday gymjoes,,it can and will give you the arnold skin look if used right and for 7-10 days at a time

2. aldactone: yes it is a diuretics unlike thomas prince like to say,,it is a VERY VERY GOOD ONE i recomend it to al competetive women/men and they use it even with out me recomending it because it is simply the best when it comes to potassium sparing in addition to blockin the water receptors as in body wont hold water no more yet will have some already that it will use,,very similar to ai,,it is a gradual process and should be used also for 5-7 days pre stage,,it will dry you well if used early enough and not only last day.

the 2 diuretics above als fit any guy that want to look very good in general and hold muscle on his frame with low bodyfat,,it will make you shredded,,only thing you need to make sure is to cycle the diuretic and not use it all the time because you will suffer if you do! use it wizely

3. dyazide: best duretic out there for high competetive levels since a 2-3 days out is when you can start thinking about it,,it will dry you well and take all the water out,,but you gotta know what youre doing,,it is ptassium  sparing and if you got to do nationals you def know your body so i would go with it again dont overdue it because  it can and will cramp you out to a point nothing will help,,not even minerals

4. lasix: favorite product used by pros,,IT IS THE WORST DIURETIC OUT THERE,,it can get  you dry very very fast,,but it will in most cases get you flat,,bloated and puffy on stage,,even if you know your body. we use it because pros feel they need quick fix since we are very very extreme,,and we are extreme about everything that is hormone related,,im not only talkin doses im talkin more about types and length of use!

5. inect lasix: better choice for pros,,again i do not recomend it but most of them dont listen to me and like it via IV,,you have better control on it this way,,and you can control inect lasix better  with this method,,in any case i do not support the use of lasix because it usually means you are not stage ready

there are combos of the above which im not gonna go into here,,but whenever you have combos i say stay away,,why? because as i said at the beggining WITH DIURETICS LESS = MORE

fallen angel

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
Re: tip of week
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2007, 01:40:00 PM »
Gh, honest question here.. Is alcohol a good diuretic for a bodybuilder to use?

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2007, 01:41:07 PM »
Gh, honest question here.. Is alcohol a good diuretic for a bodybuilder to use?
Kevin liked it  :P

gh15

• Getbig V
  • angels
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2007, 01:47:01 PM »
beer is good diuretic yes,,but not if youre a bodybuilder,,college  guys that dont care for bodybuilding and are somewhat buff with lower bf% will look ripped to the girl they did the night before upon waking up with hang over,,so yes beer is diuretic in a way
fallen angel

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2007, 01:56:32 PM »
beer is good diuretic yes,,but not if youre a bodybuilder,,college  guys that dont care for bodybuilding and are somewhat buff with lower bf% will look ripped to the girl they did the night before upon waking up with hang over,,so yes beer is diuretic in a way
isn't it commonly used by bb'ers. Levrone drank licker alot as diuretic i think.

dorkeroo

• Getbig IV
  • I need steroids for the brain.
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2007, 03:00:09 PM »
Alcohol inhibits Anti Diuretic Hormone (ADH) from the pituitary so beer might work although harder stuff would work better. That is one reason one pees so much when they drink.

Another neat thing about ADH is that it can contribute to the closing of severed blood vessels by induction of contraction of smooth muscle surrounding the vessel. So if you are drunk and get in an automobile accident, you could potentially bleed more than a sober person.

bk77

• Getbig II
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2007, 07:47:30 PM »
I know this is an old thread , just found it.. GH, thanks for the input, for thiazide, u said 2-3 days out, at what mg and how many a day?

Captain Slin

• Getbig III
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2007, 07:55:32 PM »
oh god someone delete this idiots posts. such dangerous information.. this guy is irresponsible as all hell.

Stavios

« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2007, 07:55:49 PM »
I took half a dyazide the night before my show and I was flat as fuck in the morning so I hate McDonalds all morning and I looked great after that

full but no water retention

Shraded

• Getbig II
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2007, 07:58:18 PM »
I only drink seldomly- but damn i love the next morning!  Feeling shitty or not the diuretic effect of the alcohol is great- motivates me to go train for the day

aliamini

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • I'm that damn good
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2007, 12:21:55 AM »
Too much of misleading information …

I will explain how diuretics work briefly so no one gets confused:

Thiazide and Thiazide like diuretics: (its not a potassium sparing)

It includes two parts:  the first part will inhibit the binding of sodium and chloride … water molecule is attached to the sodium atom … and sodium cannot be stored with out chloride … so by this action you won’t store sodium thus won’t hold water.

In this process the increase of aldastrone activity and secretion will lead to lose of potassium … that is why Thiazide and Thiazide like diuretics always include potassium.  To replace the lose in this process.

It also decreases the secretion of insulin and increases glycogen break down … that is why you might face the side effect of being FLAT.

Potassium Sparing (Aldactone)

It was used a lot in early days and most of the cramp are cause because of it … in a nut shell it creates a sodium / potassium pump where in this process it replaces the sodium atoms (that holds water) with Potassium atoms. 

What I hate about it is … when you carb load with a lot of potato you already are holding a lot of potassium in your system and aldactone will lead to hyper-kalaemia (increase in potassium levels) a lot of body builders don’t know what to do and they either just wait for it to go down of take sodium (salt) to elevate the blood pressure and balance the hyper-kalaemia affect (lowering blood pressure) the side of hypo and hyper-kalaemia are mostly the same so you don’t want the risk of getting in more potassium.  Usually paramedics assume you are lacking potassium and give you some more … and just to mention what hi potassium levels do … the electric chair and gas chamber were replaced in the favor of a potassium injection … yes it is leathal.

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2007, 12:45:57 AM »
I hate lasix! hydrathiazide is a much better diuretic imo. Lasix involves too much guess work.

candidizzle

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= TRB953
« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2007, 06:33:25 AM »
alcohol is a diuretiic?

i never drink...    but i am going to a little bit when i am in finland in a couple weeks.
im thinking ill mix vodka with redline.
zero cals, fat burning diuretic that gets me drunk! lol.

SteelePegasus

• Getbig V
  • Life, death, in between is getbig.com
« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2007, 06:43:44 AM »
alcohol is a diuretiic?

i never drink...    but i am going to a little bit when i am in finland in a couple weeks.

maybe it is just me, but when I am drinking I could couldn't careless of whether it is a diurectic or not. 
Here comes the money shot

Monster81

• Getbig IV
« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2007, 06:45:31 AM »
Too much of misleading information …

I will explain how diuretics work briefly so no one gets confused:

Thiazide and Thiazide like diuretics: (its not a potassium sparing)

It includes two parts:  the first part will inhibit the binding of sodium and chloride … water molecule is attached to the sodium atom … and sodium cannot be stored with out chloride … so by this action you won’t store sodium thus won’t hold water.

In this process the increase of aldastrone activity and secretion will lead to lose of potassium … that is why Thiazide and Thiazide like diuretics always include potassium.  To replace the lose in this process.

It also decreases the secretion of insulin and increases glycogen break down … that is why you might face the side effect of being FLAT.

It was used a lot in early days and most of the cramp are cause because of it … in a nut shell it creates a sodium / potassium pump where in this process it replaces the sodium atoms (that holds water) with Potassium atoms. 

What I hate about it is … when you carb load with a lot of potato you already are holding a lot of potassium in your system and aldactone will lead to hyper-kalaemia (increase in potassium levels) a lot of body builders don’t know what to do and they either just wait for it to go down of take sodium (salt) to elevate the blood pressure and balance the hyper-kalaemia affect (lowering blood pressure) the side of hypo and hyper-kalaemia are mostly the same so you don’t want the risk of getting in more potassium.  Usually paramedics assume you are lacking potassium and give you some more … and just to mention what hi potassium levels do … the electric chair and gas chamber were replaced in the favor of a potassium injection … yes it is leathal.

Where did u copy-paste that from?

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2007, 06:47:32 AM »
maybe it is just me, but when I am drinking I could couldn't careless of whether it is a diurectic or not. 
well i never drink. i really prefer to be sober compared to drunk. so if i am going to drink; it will have to be something that doesnt negatively effect my body in any way. because with my metabolism, a beer is going straight to that stomach in the form of some chub chub.

Luolamies

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2007, 06:52:03 AM »
alcohol is a diuretic?

You better bring that redline whit you since they don't sell it here. Otherwise it's sugar free redbull and vodka or those new diet/adrenalyn pre-workout drinks couple supplement companies sell here. Local ones, i'm not talking about ABB.
TEST+DECA+DBOL=BIG

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2007, 06:55:45 AM »
i might bring a four pack of them with me then.

im already planning on bringin my protein powder, fish oils, multi vitamins, creatine, l glutamine, green tea extract.....

where are you at in finland?

aliamini

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • I'm that damn good
« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2007, 06:59:08 AM »
alcohol is a diuretiic?

1g alcohol = 7 kcl

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: September 20, 2007, 07:03:10 AM »
i have no idea what that equation represent dude. 7 kcl?

Luolamies

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #20 on: September 20, 2007, 07:14:12 AM »
i might bring a four pack of them with me then.

im already planning on bringin my protein powder, fish oils, multi vitamins, creatine, l glutamine, green tea extract.....

where are you at in Finland?

I live in the capital area (southern Finland) and btw all the supplements you just listed are very cheap here (atlest if you know where to buy 'em). Good quality whey, fish oil and all that are very cheap. Only the special ones like Animal Mstak are expensive, thankfully they are not as usefull either...
TEST+DECA+DBOL=BIG

aliamini

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • I'm that damn good
« Reply #21 on: September 20, 2007, 07:16:24 AM »
i have no idea what that equation represent dude. 7 kcl?

1 gram of Alcohol has 7 Kilo Calories … meaning alcohol has more calories than protein and carbohydrate

toolarge4u

• Getbig III
  • Handicap stall is for dips you dicksock
« Reply #22 on: September 20, 2007, 08:11:54 AM »

when they diagnose it right they give you a shot of insulin and dextrose to get the potassium back into the cell...you come around quick after that. been there done that. Nice google btw, at least your right.

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: September 20, 2007, 08:34:54 AM »
I live in the capital area (southern Finland) and btw all the supplements you just listed are very cheap here (atlest if you know where to buy 'em). Good quality whey, fish oil and all that are very cheap. Only the special ones like Animal Mstak are expensive, thankfully they are not as usefull either...
hmm.... maybe i will just some there then.

im flying into helsinki, then taking the train to turku. anywhere near there? my gf's college has a gym, but from what she tells me it isnt realy set up for bb'rs..so if you know of a good one id appreciate the info

aliamini

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • I'm that damn good
« Reply #24 on: September 20, 2007, 09:42:59 AM »
when they diagnose it right they give you a shot of insulin and dextrose to get the potassium back into the cell...you come around quick after that. been there done that. Nice google btw, at least your right.

Nice google ?!?!?!?

I would really like to see what I wrote some were else … I would actually pay to see that … I wrote the technical information as simple as possible so an average  joe would understand … no google or medical book will write it this was … I learned it the hard way and making it as simple as it gets here …

Been there and done that … do you think that is a good thing??? That means you didn’t plan your contest prep well … you can always take any kind of diuretic with out cramping if you know what you are doing … I never had problem with any kind even loops (my favorite) if you know how it works and what you are eating … you should calculate to prevent all the sides which is easy if you know what you are doing