Author Topic: Supplements and AAS  (Read 6776 times)

trab

• Getbig V
Re: Supplements and AAS
« Reply #25 on: June 21, 2007, 08:40:28 PM »

Taking these together is not optimal because absorption for both is decreased.

I take the CMZ in the eve w/ a meal. Multi's in the morn or afternoon. that OK?

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #26 on: June 21, 2007, 08:42:41 PM »
Essential GOOD OMEGA-6 fats.

Is there some reason you think I shouldn't be taking these?

Not necessary IMO
:

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #27 on: June 21, 2007, 08:45:53 PM »
I take the CMZ in the eve w/ a meal. Multi's in the morn or afternoon. that OK?

Calcium decreases the absorbtion of zinc and vice versa.  Actually, unfortuately, calcium hinders the absorbtion of just about everything - even itself  ::) :-\
:

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #28 on: June 21, 2007, 08:50:24 PM »
Not necessary IMO

Not trying to be an a smart ass, but you know that I am a big Dave P. follower when it comes to nutrition, and this is what he says about it. "EVENING PRIMROSE OIL:
Contains high quantities of the GOOD essential Omega-6 fat, Gamma Linolenic Acid (GLA). This is the only O-6 fat that lowers inflammation, lowers blood pressure, and lowers cholesterol. It also happens to be a great liver detoxifer and it's great for PMS women. It's also needed for the proper repair of muscle cells (the cell membrane)."

Comments?

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: June 21, 2007, 08:56:14 PM »
Calcium decreases the absorbtion of zinc and vice versa.  Actually, unfortuately, calcium hinders the absorbtion of just about everything - even itself  ::) :-\

I believe the calcium thing, it's like chalk, but I do feel I sleep better and more memorable dream stage sleep esp
w/ CMZ. That's the sleep that refreshens.

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: June 21, 2007, 08:59:18 PM »
Not trying to be an a smart ass, but you know that I am a big Dave P. follower when it comes to nutrition, and this is what he says about it. "EVENING PRIMROSE OIL:
Contains high quantities of the GOOD essential Omega-6 fat, Gamma Linolenic Acid (GLA). This is the only O-6 fat that lowers inflammation, lowers blood pressure, and lowers cholesterol. It also happens to be a great liver detoxifer and it's great for PMS women. It's also needed for the proper repair of muscle cells (the cell membrane)."

Comments?

I have some real good lipid #s when I take salmon/ flax/ eve Prim and even eat eggs and red meat. It outright pisses
my anti-aas  weak-little-worm of a Dr off. ;D

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #31 on: June 22, 2007, 02:57:59 AM »
Fish (BODY) oil would be preferable vs cod LIVER oil

Do they make fish oil caps? cost? I basically Cod Liver because it's cheap.

hooker

• Getbig II
  • Anthony Roberts
« Reply #32 on: June 22, 2007, 11:02:50 AM »
CyoGenX (which I designed/formulated) is the only supp I'm taking right now.

busyB

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Have a Nice Day!
« Reply #33 on: June 22, 2007, 06:55:16 PM »

Yes, the fish oil I have is about $16 for 60 caps. It is a concentrated Omega 3 with EPA and DHA

busyB

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Have a Nice Day!
« Reply #34 on: June 22, 2007, 07:00:48 PM »
And on another note, as far as EFA's, I do not like getting too out of balance between 3's and 6's which I why I use Udo Oil in my shakes or as salad dressing with balsamic vinegar and do not use individual Fish Oil or Primrose, Udo has it all in one!

As for Calcium blocking the absorbtion of other minerals, that is true so Trab, make sure to take your Z and M about an hour after the cal, right before bed. Or take a ZMA right before bed, an hour after any calcium.

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #35 on: June 22, 2007, 08:42:07 PM »
Contains high quantities of the GOOD essential Omega-6 fat, Gamma Linolenic Acid (GLA).

Since we eat a lot of oatmeal (I assume you do), we get more than adequate amounts of GLA.  The less processed the oat (ie; steel cut), the more GLA. (GLA) Not something we want to go overboard on though.
This is the only O-6 fat that lowers inflammation, lowers blood pressure, and lowers cholesterol. happens to be a great liver detoxifer

Not aware of any studies supporting that, however, fish oil does all that and more.
great for PMS women.

Comments?

Lots of evidence support that claim, but you don't need to worry about that. ;)

There might be some more recent evidence/study supporting supplementing with EPO that I'm not up to speed on  :-\, but I was just pointing out that it's probably an unnecessary supplement for you.

:

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #36 on: June 22, 2007, 08:45:20 PM »

Sam's carries a huge bottle for about $9 bucks - even enteric coated.

Yes, the fish oil I have is about $16 for 60 caps. It is a concentrated Omega 3 with EPA and DHA

Seems rather pricey, even for concentrated.  What brand is it and how much EPA/DHA?

:

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #37 on: June 22, 2007, 09:00:11 PM »
And on another note, as far as EFA's, I do not like getting too out of balance between 3's and 6's which I why I use Udo Oil in my shakes or as salad dressing with balsamic vinegar and do not use individual Fish Oil or Primrose, Udo has it all in one!

There is very little if any reason to supplement with an omega 6 PUFA.  We as a socieity get too much as it is.

There are long chain omega 3s and short chain omega 3s.  Ultimately, we want and need EPA & DHA which is what we get directly from fish oil not plant oils.

Here is a direct quote from Udo's site  ::)

questions were answered in October 2002, by two studies published in the British Journal of Nutrition (BJN) which measured the conversion of alpha-linolenic acid (ALA), the short chain n-3 essential fatty acid, into the long chain n-3 derivatives EPA, DPA, and DHA. The first study1, carried out with six women, showed that these women converted an average of 36% of the ALA they were given into long chain n-3 derivatives (21% EPA, 6%DPA, 9%DHA).

The second study2, done with six men, showed that the men converted an average of 16% of the ALA they received into long-chain n-3 derivatives (8%EPA, 8%DPA). In this study, the men produced no DHA. However, another study showed that men convert ALA to DHA as well3.

Udo's Comment: Women must be able to convert enough ALA to long chain n-3 to feed two brains, theirs and that of the child growing within them. Men have only one brain to feed, and therefore require less conversion to DHA than women do.

:

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #38 on: June 22, 2007, 09:35:53 PM »

Since we eat a lot of oatmeal (I assume you do), we get more than adequate amounts of GLA.  The less processed the oat (ie; steel cut), the more GLA. (GLA) Not something we want to go overboard on though.

Actually, when dieting I don't eat any oatmeal, no carbs except what ever is in my natural PB, nuts, and egg yolk which I believe has 1g per yoke. I say no carbs, but I do have 1 meal per wk where I carb up so to speak.

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #39 on: June 22, 2007, 09:52:31 PM »
Actually, when dieting I don't eat any oatmeal, no carbs except what ever is in my natural PB, nuts, and egg yolk which I believe has 1g per yoke. I say no carbs, but I do have 1 meal per wk where I carb up so to speak.

K ~ no harm  ;)
At least you get to have peanut butter  ;D  crunchy I hope.
:

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: June 23, 2007, 04:46:53 AM »

Man thats brutal Arnie, but that's what it realy takes to get shredded right?

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: June 23, 2007, 05:25:05 AM »
Man thats brutal Arnie, but that's what it realy takes to get shredded right?

Not really IMO, but very low carbs like 60g-80g ED is necessary. Thats low enough to stay in the fat for energy mode in my experience, and will help spare more muscle.  One thing that throws me about Dave and his recomendations is he talks about no carbs for months (except the one cheat meal EW) and that the body does not really need carbs.  BUT right before a show he has you eating carbs?  I mean it seems risky when you have trained your body to work on practically zero carbs for so long, and then right before show day throw a curve ball at it like that? Who knows what to expect, body may be a little confused at that point and may not respond as intended. 

And on the the Eve. Prim oil, from what I understand your body converts ALA into GLA making taking  separate GLA pointless, but I think Princess has already said this also.

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: June 23, 2007, 09:05:37 AM »
Not really IMO, but very low carbs like 60g-80g ED is necessary. Thats low enough to stay in the fat for energy mode in my experience, and will help spare more muscle.  One thing that throws me about Dave and his recomendations is he talks about no carbs for months (except the one cheat meal EW) and that the body does not really need carbs.  BUT right before a show he has you eating carbs?  I mean it seems risky when you have trained your body to work on practically zero carbs for so long, and then right before show day throw a curve ball at it like that? Who knows what to expect, body may be a little confused at that point and may not respond as intended. 

And on the the Eve. Prim oil, from what I understand your body converts ALA into GLA making taking  separate GLA pointless, but I think Princess has already said this also.

Thanks man, I don't have enough mass to really rip up, pretty lean anyway, but even short low carb diets like the 60-80gr are brutal just to see whats under there. too. ANd Im not a big carb freak, I can run fine on mostly fat & protine.
Its more a intrest for others dieting in my case. ANd I think the nut of the prob is: There aint no way to do it other than low carbs from what I've seen. That or extreme energy expenditure or vicious chemical warfare.
Women are the thing I'm thinkin here, Its extra hard to shed some fat and there just plain aint no easy answer.
Path of least resistance, low carbs and cardio esp 1st thing in am  W/ a empty gut is my feeling.
Like Claptons song:
                             Ya got to pay your dues if ya wanna sing the Blues and ya know it dont come easy...

busyB

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Have a Nice Day!
« Reply #43 on: June 23, 2007, 10:14:29 AM »

Seems rather pricey, even for concentrated.  What brand is it and how much EPA/DHA?[/color]

It is 360 mg EPA, 240 mg DHA per gel cap. 60 total.

So do you like Udo's brand or in favor of individual Omega sources? Convience is key for me and I don't or can't eat fish so need to drink the EFAs so I get more fat calories as well.

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #44 on: June 23, 2007, 11:55:39 AM »

K ~ no harm  ;)

No crunchy, I just get the regular and mix it in my shakes...mixes easier.

Beener

• Getbig IV
« Reply #45 on: June 26, 2007, 03:53:15 AM »
I try to stick to about 2-3 dosings of pussy a day, it helps cut back on the roid rapes.

Hah i made up a new term :D   

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: June 26, 2007, 04:01:42 AM »

K ~ no harm  ;)

Yumm Crunchy PB!  For freaks like us Princess, who just eat it straight from the jar, crunchy is the best  :)