Author Topic: Fasting...  (Read 11160 times)

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
Re: Fasting...
« Reply #50 on: June 21, 2007, 08:54:20 AM »
4 days 4 nights no food, no water. For Vision Quest

So what was the vision?

Cromespyder

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #51 on: June 21, 2007, 09:10:19 AM »
fasting is very healthy to do once in a while.  cleanses your body, as well as gives your digestion system a break.

Swedish Viking

• Getbig IV
  • http://plunkan.blogspot.com/
« Reply #52 on: June 21, 2007, 09:20:01 AM »
4 days 4 nights no food, no water. For Vision Quest, in Bug filled, eagle shitting, NW Minnesota.  after day 2, you piss the consistency of maple syrup and orange, if you crap, you crap out the stuff that never comes out...I didn't do it for any cutting thing, purely spiritual for me...and it took 4-5 days to eat solids again.
  I know a bunch of people who have done that...but not for 4 days(3 is what I typically hear)-I'm surprised you made it without water that long.  Although, Tom Brown Jr. has done some wild ass stuff-lot's of Vision Quests in place like death Vally for instance.  I went to survival school with one of his students and teachers. 

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #53 on: June 21, 2007, 10:32:20 AM »
fasting isn't like holding your breath

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #54 on: June 21, 2007, 11:07:09 AM »
I concluded a 3-day fast last night.  Just water.  The first day sucked.  I had a raging head ache from not drinking coffee.  The 2nd and third day were easy.  I felt like I could have kept on going indefinitely. 

I meditated 2hrs/day: 30 miutes in the morning, 30 minutes in the sauna at noon and 60 minutes at night.  It felt great physically, metally & spiritualy.  The meditation sessions were some of the best I have had.  I trained this morning and was surprised at how energetic and strong I felt.   

I think I'll do this again once every few months...
w

tweeter

• Getbig IV
« Reply #55 on: June 21, 2007, 03:42:36 PM »
I'm thinking about trying a fast. Should I just start with 1 day at first and work my way up to 2 or 3 days? Or should I just go ahead and try for 3 now?

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #56 on: June 21, 2007, 04:17:40 PM »
I'm thinking about trying a fast. Should I just start with 1 day at first and work my way up to 2 or 3 days? Or should I just go ahead and try for 3 now?

I'd start with one day & then work yourself up to two or three. Just to see how your body reacts to it.

Every couple months I'll fast for a day or two.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #57 on: June 21, 2007, 04:27:43 PM »
I`d start one day then work up to every other day. 

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: June 21, 2007, 04:40:41 PM »
I concluded a 3-day fast last night.  Just water.  The first day sucked.  I had a raging head ache from not drinking coffee.  The 2nd and third day were easy.  I felt like I could have kept on going indefinitely. 

I meditated 2hrs/day: 30 miutes in the morning, 30 minutes in the sauna at noon and 60 minutes at night.  It felt great physically, metally & spiritualy.  The meditation sessions were some of the best I have had.  I trained this morning and was surprised at how energetic and strong I felt.   

I think I'll do this again once every few months...

Good to see that you are coming to our way of thinking.

Funny that IF I posted this, I would never hear the end of it.   

Keep up the good work.

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #59 on: June 21, 2007, 05:52:51 PM »
Good to see that you are coming to our way of thinking.

Funny that IF I posted this, I would never hear the end of it.  

Keep up the good work.

Ha ha.  Adam, you're going to take credit for fasting!?  I've been doing the daily 12-hr fast for years.  In fact, while pre-contest dieting, I would fast for 15 hours.  And it was during that 15 hours that I would do cardio twice AND a balls-to-the-wall weight training session.

This 3-day fast had nothing to do with leaning out and everything to do with reaching a deeper meditative state and cleansing...

So which was the last race your dog was in? 
w

tweeter

• Getbig IV
« Reply #60 on: June 21, 2007, 05:52:59 PM »
Let's say I try a one day fast...is it better to do it from the middle of one day until the middle of the next (ex: 6:30 pm tonight until 6:30 pm tomorrow night) or would it be better to just do it from when I wake up until I go to sleep?

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #61 on: June 21, 2007, 05:56:24 PM »
Let's say I try a one day fast...is it better to do it from the middle of one day until the middle of the next (ex: 6:30 pm tonight until 6:30 pm tomorrow night) or would it be better to just do it from when I wake up until I go to sleep?

I had a meal at 10pm on Sunday, and did not eat again until 6pm on Wed.  If you can make it past one day, you can easily do 2-3.  The first day was the most difficult for me...
w

pumpher

• Getbig III
« Reply #62 on: June 21, 2007, 06:04:15 PM »
Fasting AND working out is just crazy Mindspin. Very dangerous.

I couldn't last more than 8 hours before getting symptomatic, and the "visions" I would see would be hypoglycemic induced hallucinations.

EL Mariachi

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: June 21, 2007, 06:07:38 PM »
During the ramadan.

ahahhaa how are you connected with the great saddam hussein?

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #64 on: June 21, 2007, 06:10:22 PM »
I had a meal at 10pm on Sunday, and did not eat again until 6pm on Wed.  If you can make it past one day, you can easily do 2-3.  The first day was the most difficult for me...

Nice. I'll usually have my last meal in the evening on Friday & fast through Saturday & sometimes Sunday. I'll do this every couple months.

Kegdrainer

• Getbig IV
  • team yeah buddy
« Reply #65 on: June 21, 2007, 06:13:00 PM »
chuck norris fasted for a week once.  The buffalo population grew out of control and ate so much grass that now we have the Mojave desert.  Breaking the fast put them back on the endangered species list.

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #66 on: June 21, 2007, 06:13:29 PM »
Fasting AND working out is just crazy Mindspin. Very dangerous.

I couldn't last more than 8 hours before getting symptomatic, and the "visions" I would see would be hypoglycemic induced hallucinations.

during the 9 hours of the day that I was not fasting, I was eating:

*12 whole eggs
*1/2lb of flank steak
*6 chicken breasts
*6 MET-Rx shakes (original not the crap currently available)
*3 tablespoons of peanut butter
*1 potato
*2 cups of veggies

I fast 12 hours a day now and it's not even an effort.  My last meal is at 9pm and I don't eat again until 9am...after my morning workout.
w

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #67 on: June 21, 2007, 06:14:50 PM »
Nice. I'll usually have my last meal in the evening on Friday & fast through Saturday & sometimes Sunday. I'll do this every couple months.

That's a good way to go.  It's the same approach I plan on taking.
w

EL Mariachi

• Getbig V
« Reply #68 on: June 21, 2007, 06:22:09 PM »
during the 9 hours of the day that I was not fasting, I was eating:

*12 whole eggs
*1/2lb of flank steak
*6 chicken breasts
*6 MET-Rx shakes (original not the crap currently available)
*3 tablespoons of peanut butter
*1 potato
*2 cups of veggies

I fast 12 hours a day now and it's not even an effort.  My last meal is at 9pm and I don't eat again until 9am...after my morning workout.

thats a lot of food for 1 day, who are you marcus ruhl?

Sergio Rules 77

• Getbig III
  • Sergio can split the atom. With his bare hands.
« Reply #69 on: June 21, 2007, 06:22:36 PM »
chuck norris fasted for a week once.  The buffalo population grew out of control and ate so much grass that now we have the Mojave desert.  Breaking the fast put them back on the endangered species list.

Chuck Norris also beat the Sun in a staring contest ;D.

SERGIO!!!!
Ugh, my retirement grease

Condor

• Getbig IV
  • Work Hard, Play Hard
« Reply #70 on: June 21, 2007, 08:12:52 PM »

Sounds interesting, but I need to be quite focused at work, and when I tried a 3 day fast in college, I could barely walk around or concentrate.  How do you beat this?

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #71 on: June 21, 2007, 08:35:55 PM »
Sounds interesting, but I need to be quite focused at work, and when I tried a 3 day fast in college, I could barely walk around or concentrate.  How do you beat this?

I had a hard time focusing on the first day and actually found myself slurring some words.  By the 2nd day I felt great & clear headed.  The overall feeling was odd.  Almost like I was floating the whole time...
w

Condor

• Getbig IV
  • Work Hard, Play Hard
« Reply #72 on: June 21, 2007, 09:56:01 PM »
I had a hard time focusing on the first day and actually found myself slurring some words.  By the 2nd day I felt great & clear headed.  The overall feeling was odd.  Almost like I was floating the whole time...

I still can't get past the dip in the energy level.  Not to mention the horrendous bad breath.

Wombat

• Getbig IV
  • Your name tattooed to my ass!
« Reply #73 on: June 21, 2007, 10:35:05 PM »
the governments of the world think that we have to many humans walking the planet...And they are doing everything they can to bring those numbers down...Their is no doubt about it that our food sources are one way they are experimenting with getting the numbers down...

So fasting is a great thing for detoxing the chemicals that are being put into our bodies in most cases unknowingly...

Next time you meet someone dieing of cancer, ask them why they are told to eat all organic foods...

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #74 on: June 21, 2007, 11:32:21 PM »
Ha ha.  Adam, you're going to take credit for fasting!?  I've been doing the daily 12-hr fast for years.  In fact, while pre-contest dieting, I would fast for 15 hours.  And it was during that 15 hours that I would do cardio twice AND a balls-to-the-wall weight training session.

This 3-day fast had nothing to do with leaning out and everything to do with reaching a deeper meditative state and cleansing...

So which was the last race your dog was in? 

March of 07