Author Topic: Ask Baby_Hercules Q&A thread!  (Read 126973 times)

Honour

• Getbig IV
  • She's with me!
Re: Ask Baby_Hercules Q&A thread!
« Reply #25 on: July 01, 2007, 07:03:56 AM »
Oh btw mate have you got any back/double bi shots and an abs/thigh for us too see, you back detail from what i can see looks amazing :).

Baby_Hercules

• Competitors II
  • Getbig III
  • myspace.com/babyhercules1914
« Reply #26 on: July 01, 2007, 11:42:35 AM »
Oh btw mate have you got any back/double bi shots and an abs/thigh for us too see, you back detail from what i can see looks amazing :).
Here are a couple of shots.

fitt@40

• Getbig II
« Reply #27 on: July 02, 2007, 01:53:19 AM »
As for your question on cardio I don't do cardio in the offseason. I do however do it during precontest training. I'll start with 20-30 minutes a day at about 12 weeks out and gradually increase it to 60-90 minutes a day. I wish you the best of luck in your training for the Georgia. Let me know if you have any questions about anything. Where do you train?

I'm not currently living in Georgia.  After I retired for the Army, my wife and I decided to stay in Germany.  I own a house in Georgia, and that's why Doc allows me to compete in GA. 

Your back and abs shots are incredible!  You mentioned earlier that it's good to mix up the machines for cardio.  It that just because of boredom, or are there some physical benefits.  I not only use the same equipment, but I always want the "very same" machine each time.

Knives

• Getbig III
« Reply #28 on: July 02, 2007, 11:07:29 AM »

damn, you're ripped.  Do you use anything like ECA to get into that condition, or do you do it with just diet and cardio?

Baby_Hercules

• Competitors II
  • Getbig III
« Reply #29 on: July 02, 2007, 12:38:31 PM »
I'm not currently living in Georgia.  After I retired for the Army, my wife and I decided to stay in Germany.  I own a house in Georgia, and that's why Doc allows me to compete in GA. 

Your back and abs shots are incredible!  You mentioned earlier that it's good to mix up the machines for cardio.  It that just because of boredom, or are there some physical benefits.  I not only use the same equipment, but I always want the "very same" machine each time.
Its partly to prevent boredom as well as keeping your body from getting used to the same old stimulus day after day.

Baby_Hercules

• Competitors II
  • Getbig III
« Reply #30 on: July 02, 2007, 12:43:21 PM »
damn, you're ripped.  Do you use anything like ECA to get into that condition, or do you do it with just diet and cardio?
Thanks for the compliment. Its all diet and cardio these days. I used to take stuff like ripped fuel and xenadrine back in the day. They make me lightheaded and dizzy so I don't really take stuff like that anymore. I've got some samples of cytolean by Gaspari that I take every now and then for energy. I don't like the feeling I get from thermogenics.

jrod

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #31 on: July 02, 2007, 03:48:05 PM »

Damn, you've got a very nicely shaped/put together back.  I like the way your lats insert; gives a real nice asthetic/detailed look to your back double biceps. 

Good luck to you at the TU... 11 days to go!

Baby_Hercules

• Competitors II
  • Getbig III
« Reply #32 on: July 02, 2007, 07:26:18 PM »
Damn, you've got a very nicely shaped/put together back.  I like the way your lats insert; gives a real nice asthetic/detailed look to your back double biceps. 

Good luck to you at the TU... 11 days to go!
Thanks man I really appreciate the compliment. I worked hard to bring more detail to my back this year.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #33 on: July 03, 2007, 04:23:55 AM »
Baby Herc,
What's you opinion of "mixing it up" with protocals like Power/Rep Range/Shock, or similar systems which vary excercises, reps, and tempo?

I like to mix it up a bit, but too much of it feels chaotic and makes it difficult for me to gauge progress.  Have you found a good balance that gives you the best of both worlds?

Baby_Hercules

• Competitors II
  • Getbig III
« Reply #34 on: July 03, 2007, 07:25:20 AM »
Baby Herc,
What's you opinion of "mixing it up" with protocals like Power/Rep Range/Shock, or similar systems which vary excercises, reps, and tempo?

I like to mix it up a bit, but too much of it feels chaotic and makes it difficult for me to gauge progress.  Have you found a good balance that gives you the best of both worlds?
In terms of mixing it up, I rotate different exercises in and out of my routine to hit the muscle from all different angles. Thats about as far as it goes for me. For example, on back day this week I may do all over head movements like chinups, pulldowns, pullovers, hammer strength high lat row etc. Then the next week I'll go with all rowing movements such as seated cable row, bent over barbell rows, dumbbell rows, and T-Bar rows. The basic format of my workouts is always pretty much the same. (8-12 rep range, 4-5 exercises on large muscle groups, 2-3 exercises on smaller muscle groups, occasional shocking techniques like negatives and drop sets.)

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #35 on: July 03, 2007, 08:26:26 AM »
Sweet, thanks Herc.  8)

Best of luck in your upcoming show!

Baby_Hercules

• Competitors II
  • Getbig III
« Reply #36 on: July 14, 2007, 09:46:09 AM »
Here's a few shots from prejudging last night. Not sure how I'm going to place. I didn't get a first callout. there were three guys called out first and the rest of us were called out in the second callout. I felt I brought a good package to the stage. We'll se what the judges thought tonight

Honour

• Getbig IV
  • She's with me!
« Reply #37 on: July 14, 2007, 07:38:32 PM »
Very tough group there Baby_Hercules, i think you have the best side chest there form that shot though! Good luck mate, top 3 for sure I'd say :)!!!

Acerimmer1

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #38 on: July 15, 2007, 11:53:12 AM »
I felt I brought a good package to the stage. We'll se what the judges thought tonight

Congratulations on that but I don't think it's part of the judging criteria.

Baby_Hercules

• Competitors II
  • Getbig III
« Reply #39 on: July 16, 2007, 07:22:36 AM »
Very tough group there Baby_Hercules, i think you have the best side chest there form that shot though! Good luck mate, top 3 for sure I'd say :)!!!
Thanks for the compliment. I ended up in 7th place.

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The new age pussy Punisher!
« Reply #40 on: July 16, 2007, 05:08:40 PM »
Bro u had a pretty tough class there, a lot of quality physiques, but u looked great. Just looked like the other guys out muscled u.

Good luck in the future

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #41 on: July 16, 2007, 07:54:42 PM »
Thanks for the compliment. I ended up in 7th place.
judging from the pics and some of the names their were some really good veterans from past nationals and seasoned bbers,and u should be proud you belonged up there,and looked polished and the best u could be .some had more mature musculature and looked bigger than there weight class indicated,you'll be back my man...

Baby_Hercules

• Competitors II
  • Getbig III
« Reply #42 on: July 16, 2007, 08:20:42 PM »
Bro u had a pretty tough class there, a lot of quality physiques, but u looked great. Just looked like the other guys out muscled u.

Good luck in the future
judging from the pics and some of the names their were some really good veterans from past nationals and seasoned bbers,and u should be proud you belonged up there,and looked polished and the best u could be .some had more mature musculature and looked bigger than there weight class indicated,you'll be back my man...
I appreciate all you guys for your encouragement and compliments. All I can hope to do is improve a little with each competition. I think this was my best to date even though I didn't make the cut. The show overall was very tough. There weren't as many competitors as with the other national shows, but the quality of all the competitors was outstanding.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #43 on: July 17, 2007, 06:38:27 PM »
I appreciate all you guys for your encouragement and compliments. All I can hope to do is improve a little with each competition. I think this was my best to date even though I didn't make the cut. The show overall was very tough. There weren't as many competitors as with the other national shows, but the quality of all the competitors was outstanding.
think about aside from usa's,nationals.north americas,this is a pro qualifier of course it's tough,this show should never be underestimated,like i said u belonged there,and i'd say 5th place was possible,you look great kid....

Baby_Hercules

• Competitors II
  • Getbig III
« Reply #44 on: July 20, 2007, 11:39:01 AM »
Today is the final day before I make an attempt at a natural pro card. I will be competing on tommorow at the SNBF Southern Open. I should be a little sharper this weekend than at the TU. I was posing last night and everything is coming into focus. I just hope it all falls into place on tommorow. As of right now I'm ready. Wish me luck.

Knives

• Getbig III
« Reply #45 on: July 20, 2007, 12:47:07 PM »
Today is the final day before I make an attempt at a natural pro card. I will be competing on tommorow at the SNBF Southern Open. I should be a little sharper this weekend than at the TU. I was posing last night and everything is coming into focus. I just hope it all falls into place on tommorow. As of right now I'm ready. Wish me luck.

If you're at your best, I don't see why you wouldn't get one

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #46 on: July 20, 2007, 06:50:06 PM »

go get em....

jrod

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #47 on: July 20, 2007, 07:14:27 PM »
Best of luck, Gene.

Baby_Hercules

• Competitors II
  • Getbig III
« Reply #48 on: July 22, 2007, 05:56:54 AM »
I got 2nd place last night. I nailed my conditioning but just didn't have the size to take my height class. Here is my posing routine. The video isn't the sharpest. It was taken with a digital camera.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_AET5YAKYW0

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #49 on: July 22, 2007, 07:49:53 PM »
good posing ,nice transitions,look good...