Author Topic: Ask Baby_Hercules Q&A thread!  (Read 126968 times)

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
Re: Ask Baby_Hercules Q&A thread!
« Reply #50 on: July 22, 2007, 08:28:22 PM »
I'm impressed with how thick your back looks, only criticism I would have would be wider lats, impressive for 150# though.

Do you do any direct forearm work?

IMO, forearms and calves help complete a physique, it's the details ya know?

Awesome job getting 2nd, still very good, keep it up.

don't know if it's been asked but how old are you?
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

overcome

• Getbig II
  • Size comes with strength, strength comes from pain
« Reply #51 on: August 12, 2007, 03:18:29 AM »
you looked great in the shows, the guy to your left in the pre judging was the only one i really thought outdid you from that group, tough class though.  you have an amazing back, i't the hardest thing for me to grow.  you got any advice for that?  most everything on me is growing alot besides my back and calves, i've tried alot of different things for calves and i'm starint to see an improvement, but i dont feel like i've made any progress on my back while every other part of me is getting bigger.
you suck at life...

Baby_Hercules

• Competitors II
  • Getbig III
  • myspace.com/babyhercules1914
« Reply #52 on: August 15, 2007, 08:38:30 PM »
Thanks for the compliments. For back I typically do 4-6 sets of 4-5 exercises. This is one of the routines I use.

Deadlifts: 6 sets of 5-15(pyramided)
Pullups: 6 sets(2X10 Underhand, 2X10 Palms Facing, 2X10 Overhand widegrip)
Bent rows: 4-5 sets of 8-12
Hammer strength High Row 4 sets of 8-12
Hammer strength seated row 4 sets of 8-12

hardkor

• Getbig II
« Reply #53 on: August 22, 2007, 01:33:44 AM »
Wow, that's a lot of sets for Back Herc!  Do you rest much in between sets?  Being that you hit bis in the same workout, you must either train fast...or be in the gym for hours!!LOL

Keep up the great work!

Baby_Hercules

• Competitors II
  • Getbig III
« Reply #54 on: August 22, 2007, 10:03:54 AM »
Wow, that's a lot of sets for Back Herc!  Do you rest much in between sets?  Being that you hit bis in the same workout, you must either train fast...or be in the gym for hours!!LOL

Keep up the great work!
I'll rest 30-60 seconds between sets. I'll only do 3 sets of 3 exercises on biceps if I train them on back day.

candidate2025

• Getbig IV
  • chillin out relaxing
« Reply #55 on: September 11, 2007, 10:43:48 PM »
awesome posing routine.
d[-_-]b actin all cool

Baby_Hercules

• Competitors II
  • Getbig III
« Reply #56 on: September 14, 2007, 12:15:57 PM »
Thanks for the compliment.

Knives

• Getbig III
« Reply #57 on: September 14, 2007, 12:47:03 PM »
Baby Herc,

do you think anyone can achieve your level of physique naturally, or are you genetically gifted?

Baby_Hercules

• Competitors II
  • Getbig III
« Reply #58 on: September 14, 2007, 04:32:16 PM »
Genetics can be a limiting factor in a person's development, but I don't think my physique is unatainable at all. I'm a hard gainer. I think I represent the average person. I've always had a tough time putting on mass. My devlopment has come with time. I have gone from 125 lbs in high school to my current offseason weight of 160-175 lbs.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #59 on: September 14, 2007, 11:30:24 PM »
Genetics can be a limiting factor in a person's development, but I don't think my physique is unatainable at all. I'm a hard gainer. I think I represent the average person. I've always had a tough time putting on mass. My devlopment has come with time. I have gone from 125 lbs in high school to my current offseason weight of 160-175 lbs.

Bullshit; I have good genetics, particularly for muscle definition....
I hate the State.

Baby_Hercules

• Competitors II
  • Getbig III
« Reply #60 on: September 17, 2007, 07:32:26 PM »
Bullshit; I have good genetics, particularly for muscle definition....
What are you saying is bullshit?

buffbong

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #61 on: September 22, 2007, 07:34:01 PM »
u said that u didnt have enough size to win your class, what are you gonna do to change that. im similar to you im also short 5-3 normally i would bulk back up to 180 after competing and i compete at 150 i was thinking of staying leaner and staying between 160-165. are u gonna try and add more wieght for next contest?

Baby_Hercules

• Competitors II
  • Getbig III
« Reply #62 on: September 23, 2007, 11:03:32 AM »
u said that u didnt have enough size to win your class, what are you gonna do to change that. im similar to you im also short 5-3 normally i would bulk back up to 180 after competing and i compete at 150 i was thinking of staying leaner and staying between 160-165. are u gonna try and add more wieght for next contest?
I'm up in the air about whether to try and add more size or just try to stay where I am and come in harder. I managed to cut to bantam at my last show. I think I can do more damage at that weight if I come in shredded.

buffbong

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #63 on: September 23, 2007, 06:14:40 PM »
what wieght is bantam in the npc  in the inbf it starts at 150 and under. i here ya competed at 148.7 at my last show and i get brief moments where im like i should bulk back to 180 then i realize it probally wouldnt be productive. yea im gonna follow what u said only only go up to 165 and try to come in harder at 150. u taking time off now from competing?

Baby_Hercules

• Competitors II
  • Getbig III
« Reply #64 on: September 23, 2007, 06:29:11 PM »
what wieght is bantam in the npc  in the inbf it starts at 150 and under. i here ya competed at 148.7 at my last show and i get brief moments where im like i should bulk back to 180 then i realize it probally wouldnt be productive. yea im gonna follow what u said only only go up to 165 and try to come in harder at 150. u taking time off now from competing?
Bantam is 143.25 in the NPC. I normally compete between 149 and 153, but this year I wanted to come in absolutely shredded so I pushed down to 143. My offseason weight is usually between 160 and 175. I plan on doing the Jr Nationals in 2008. I'll keep doing that show until I win my class then step up and do the Nationals. Good luck to you in your shows.

Baby_Hercules

• Competitors II
  • Getbig III
« Reply #65 on: January 19, 2008, 04:13:19 PM »
Looks like its that time again. I'm looking forward to the competitive season this year. First on the agenda is the Jr. USA. This will be my 3rd time doing this show. I've placed 3rd and 4th in those attempts. Its my goal to get my first national level win at the Jr. USA. If i'm successful, I'll go on to do the Nationals in November. My contest prep will begin in a few weeks. Wish me luck.

Honour

• Getbig IV
  • She's with me!
« Reply #66 on: January 21, 2008, 03:47:26 AM »
Hey good luck mate, i think you looked great last time out and cant wait to see how you go this time :)!

Baby_Hercules

• Competitors II
  • Getbig III
« Reply #67 on: January 21, 2008, 05:17:43 PM »
Thanks man, once I go into contest mode I'll start posting my progress stats and pics.

Honour

• Getbig IV
  • She's with me!
« Reply #68 on: January 21, 2008, 11:24:09 PM »
Yeah good stuff, its amazing to see how much you have improved over the last few years, keep it up mate :)!!!

Dragon

• Getbig III
« Reply #69 on: January 22, 2008, 06:52:35 PM »
good luck dude, keep us updated! 8)
LOCAL GYM HERO

smaul

• Getbig IV
  • Lets build some hurting bombs!
« Reply #70 on: March 04, 2008, 07:50:55 AM »
Any new pics Baby Herc?
It hasn't helped...

Baby_Hercules

• Competitors II
  • Getbig III
« Reply #71 on: March 04, 2008, 10:17:57 AM »
Any new pics Baby Herc?
I haven't taken any new pics since my last shows. Here are a few from the last photo shoot I did in August.

snowboarding_bear

• Getbig II
« Reply #72 on: March 04, 2008, 11:20:56 AM »
dude whats the best way 2 work out chest?
dumbells? bench? what?
how did u get started?

Baby_Hercules

• Competitors II
  • Getbig III
« Reply #73 on: March 04, 2008, 01:17:47 PM »
dude whats the best way 2 work out chest?
dumbells? bench? what?
how did u get started?
Variety is the key for a large muscle group such as chest. You have to hit the muscle from all different angles. I don't prefer to exclusively use free-weights over machines or vice versa. Since my upper chest is one of my weaknesses I'll usually start my workout with some variation of inclines to give that area priority. I'll then go to flat bench or Hammer Strength bench press. I'll finish up with weighted dips or the Hammer strength decline machine. When contest training I'll throw in some flyes or cable crossovers to bring out detail.

per gunnar

• Getbig II
« Reply #74 on: March 31, 2008, 02:06:45 AM »
Hi Baby_Hercules.

I am 47 years old. I work long days so I only have 3 days a week to train. Mon-wed-fri. How would you advice me to train to gain mass on so few days. I have lifted very heavy for many years so my knees and shoulders are beginning to ache. Any advice?
Thank you?