Author Topic: creatine+whey+no gall bladder = ?  (Read 3253 times)

copacetic

• Getbig II
creatine+whey+no gall bladder = ?
« on: June 23, 2007, 05:36:57 PM »
Hello this is my first post and i'm a noob so i have a few questions

I've read about creatine on the board and have become a little confused about what the truth is
and how to take it in conjunction with my whey also additionally i have no gall bladder.  I am taking ON and i have regular GNC creatine mono. From what i read i understand that i should take the creatine 1 hour before working out with some dextrose 30 minutes later(do i have to buy just dextrose and mix it with water or is there fruit juice i can drink?). when should i take my whey? i had been doing it 20 minutes before and then soon after working out. but i also read somewhere that glutamine cancels out the creatine what is the truth on this subject?  Is there anyone who knows what effect my not having a gall bladder has on my metabolism(i always thought it made it faster due to my rapid weight loss after it came out but i'm unsure).  Should i be taking creatine on my off days?  Thank you for all replys in advance.

mental_masturbator

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
Re: creatine+whey+no gall bladder = ?
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2007, 09:04:15 PM »
Hi copacetic,

I can't comment about the lack of a gall bladder.  You're making creatine supplementation too complicated.  All you have to do is mix a tsp in water (or whatever your drink of choice is) and drink.  That's it.  It doesn't matter when you do so just as long as you ingest the stuff each day.  Hell, I mix creatine in my evening coffee. (For those who claim caffeine interferes with creatine, I call b.s.)  About the only thing that does matter with creatine is the quality of the powder.  I'd only buy a creatine powder made by either the Creapure (german) or Pfanstiehl(usa) labs.  If you do the post-workout-shake thing then it's fine to have creatine then.  No, glutamine and protein won't interfere with creatine. 

chirorhino

• Getbig II
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2007, 09:48:06 PM »
whey and creatine metabolism will not be affect by your lack of having a gall bladder. your gall bladder is used as a storge site and release mechanism for bile, a substance made by the liver that is used in the digestion of fat. . Any problems you may experience will be due to problems with fat metabolism, but if you are following a balanced diet you probably won't run into many problems.

copacetic

• Getbig II
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2007, 09:58:28 PM »
but does the lack of one make me metabolize faster? and how come i read somewhere on this forum that they do interfere? and now this guy here is telling me that only good creatine is good creatine not creatine is creatine is creatine. so what is the truth.....hopefully somebody with a lot of posts will chime in :)

do i need to get glutamine separate from the stuff that is in my ON shake?

chirorhino

• Getbig II
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2007, 10:22:08 PM »
I will say what some of the peeps with alot of posts say, "use the search function." it is is on the top of each page and will bring up all the posts containing information pertaining to your search. In fact on the top of the "nutrition" board there is a sticky containing alot of the info regarding creatine that you are looking for

copacetic

• Getbig II
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2007, 02:56:45 AM »
actually sorry this info is not in that i already read all those posts.......

chirorhino

• Getbig II
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2007, 10:12:24 AM »
actually sorry this info is not in that i already read all those posts.......

hopefully this will help a bit in answering a few of your questions. I found a couple of posts with the search engine...

dosage/use of creatine:
http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=120280.msg1739290;topicseen#msg1739290
http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=105646.0

glutamine & creatine:
http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=50598.msg793025;topicseen#msg793025

Creatine and glutamine uptake do not compete/cancel each other, so that is not something that you have to worry about. IMHO get a good whey pro, which will have plenty of glutamine (BCAA). If you want to increase your glutamine intake, which some love and some think is a waste, then add a BCAA supplement or a glutamine powder. As for the questioin regarding dextrose, if you are taking a whey pro & creatine together than again IMHO you don't need the extra dextrose for transport because the pro do a good enough job at transport the creatine into your system. You could always buy a creatine with a "transport system" or you could rock it old school and mix it with some grape juice

copacetic

• Getbig II
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2007, 01:48:49 PM »
ok i concede that glutamine doesn't contradict the creatine but

1. should i take it on my off days?
2. how do you think creatine effects my metabolism so i can get my timing right....
3. is dextrose in my orange-tangerine juicy juice i've been using or do i need to buy some (i notice that it can be obtained in a white crystal sugar form should i add this additionally to my juice or to water or is the juice itself enough?

chirorhino

• Getbig II
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2007, 05:24:34 PM »
i wouldn't take it on my off days, seems like a waste if you ask me, but I don't believe in loading creatine either so...  ;D

as for the dextrose I have always used either a creatine w/grape juice back in the day or a creatine transport. alot of the guys on here use dextrose powder (crystals), but your "juicy-juice" should be fine for the insulin spike needed for creatine transport.

as for creatine's effect on your metabolism, I don't know what you are asking actually. If you mean does not having your gallbladderr have aything to do with creatine metabolism, then no. creatine is metabolized in the liver. If you are just worried about when to take it. I would suggest 5g pre with a juice/dextrose/transport and 5g in your post workout shake.

4thAD

« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2007, 08:58:50 PM »
This is ridiculous just take the creatine every day. Load or dont load its up to you. Doesnt matter what time of day post workout or pre workout. Creatine is a cell volumiser and it will work just use it.