Author Topic: GLUTE/LOWER BODY TRAINING  (Read 350279 times)

BuffGoddess

• Competitors
  • Getbig III
  • Failure is not an option, train hard, get big.
Re: GLUTE/LOWER BODY TRAINING
« Reply #25 on: July 13, 2007, 08:00:21 PM »
Sounds like I've done. You can keep going longer if you hit some bursts and back off,
heart rate stays elevated anyway for awhile, then blast again.
Hey Buffy, gald to see Ya here ;)
Thanks Trab. After much prodding from Alex23 and after talking to Ron, I decided to come back. I missed everyone (well except for a couple of people who were being total jerks) But anyway, glad to be back!

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: July 13, 2007, 08:05:18 PM »
Thanks Trab. After much prodding from Alex23 and after talking to Ron, I decided to come back. I missed everyone (well except for a couple of people who were being total jerks) But anyway, glad to be back!

Cool, I just kind of met that big goof (Alex23) on here.  He's a trip.

I dont know,.. live and let live is so hard to come by. I like your personality, hope alls cool. ;)
You lift and BB how you see fit, screw what anyone else wants you to look like. ;)

Forbidden

• Getbig III
  • Live well, laugh often, love much
« Reply #27 on: July 13, 2007, 11:41:45 PM »

LOL, have fun!  I can hardly walk today... :D

Hi there,

just wondering if you could advise me on what weight I should be lifting

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: July 14, 2007, 03:03:04 PM »
Hi there,

Depends, throw out some more details...

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The new age pussy Punisher!
« Reply #29 on: July 14, 2007, 03:14:38 PM »
u can thank me later, but here is the key to hamstring training.

For hamstring hypertrophy, do low reps in a leg curl machine and higher reps in stiff leg deadlifts, Romanian dead, reverse hyper, and back extension. The reason why is because when you're working your hip extensors you're also working your glutes and erector spinae and those tend to be higher rep muscles. In other words, if you're using the leg curl machine you should be using eight reps or less. Someone with a higher training age may only need three reps, but use a higher amount of sets, like 10 sets of 3.

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
  • 2010 Olympia Pro Powerlifting Champ
« Reply #30 on: July 15, 2007, 05:54:28 AM »
Hi there,

Are you beginner/intermediate/advanced?  How big are you and how strong are some of your lifts? 

:)

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: July 18, 2007, 05:01:26 PM »
Flower, here is that glute stretch I was describing to you...

I tried to find a pic of a hot guy doing it...this is the best I could do... :-\

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: July 18, 2007, 05:22:17 PM »
hey Rip i showed a guy how to do the ham raises off the flat bench by the pulldown and he had to use a stick to push himself up. ;D

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: July 18, 2007, 05:26:45 PM »
hey Rip i showed a guy how to do the ham raises off the flat bench by the pulldown and he had to use a stick to push himself up. ;D

hahaha  good thing he had the stick there.  Layne Norton does the sickest glute ham raises I have ever seen.   :o 
I love this video!!

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-3419848615516816460&q=ham+raise

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: July 18, 2007, 05:36:20 PM »

Layne Norton does the sickest glute ham raises I have ever seen.   I love this video!!

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-3419848615516816460&q=ham+raise

those fucckers are HARD!!, you can curl the stack on any leg curl machine all day long and it's not half as hard as those bad boys, i remember reading strongman competitor Whit Baskin's workout log and he used to do those weighing 290 pounds, he said they were the best hamstring movement there is.

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: July 18, 2007, 05:43:12 PM »
those fucckers are HARD!!, you can curl the stack on any leg curl machine all day long and it's not half as hard as those bad boys, i remember reading strongman competitor Whit Baskin's workout log and he used to do those weighing 290 pounds, he said they were the best hamstring movement there is.

IF you can do them.  Best to start on the floor with someone holding your feet so that you reduce the number of teeth you lose. 
I may make that one of my goals this off-season, to try to get to the point where I can do those, minus the additional weight. 
If I do, I'll post a video too.   ;D

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: July 18, 2007, 05:52:02 PM »

IF you can do them.  Best to start on the floor with someone holding your feet so that you reduce the number of teeth you lose. 
I may make that one of my goals this off-season, to try to get to the point where I can do those, minus the additional weight. 
If I do, I'll post a video too.   ;D

i'm surprised you can't do them now, your hams look strong.

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: July 18, 2007, 05:55:40 PM »
(2) SPECIFIC EXERCISES

---WALKING LUNGES.  One of the BEST exercises in the world!!  I prefer a barbell on my shoulders, but you can also do these with dumbells in your hands.  These are best when they are done WALKING, not lunging in one place. 
The lunges should be pretty deep, but make sure that the knee on the leg you are lunging with stays behind the ankle (don't hyper-extend). 
Lunge up and down the gym, hitting about 12-15 lunges for each leg per set.  Use the track if your gym has one, but don't lunge around the corners. 
Take the barbell outside and lunch in the parking lot or down the street.  Hills can be used for walking lunges too. 

I remember working with my trainer once, and he had me doing walking lunges with the Olympic bar uphill in town, right in the middle of the street.  RIght when I was DYING, I remember him saying "come on, only about 60 yards left!"   :D

Never thought much of walking lunges, don't care who does em.  Better off doing long stride lunges, rear knee to the floor, return to start postion each rep, usually 12.  Light weight is all you need.  I like to do all reps for each leg, one leg at a time, not alternating, helps to get in a better groove.  Gets you breathing hard and helps build some explosive power, for those heavy, deep squats.  I have watched people fall apart trying to hang on these.

~flower~

• Getbig IV
  • D/s
« Reply #38 on: July 19, 2007, 06:13:54 AM »
Flower, here is that glute stretch I was describing to you...

I tried to find a pic of a hot guy doing it...this is the best I could do... :-\

LOL!!  thanks Rip!   

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: July 19, 2007, 07:01:42 AM »
i'm surprised you can't do them now, your hams look strong.

Not that strong...yet. 

I tried this exercise once after I saw Layne's video...I thought "those can't be THAT hard."  Good thing my husband was there to catch me on my first try before my face smashed into the ground.   ;D

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: July 19, 2007, 11:53:43 AM »
Never thought much of walking lunges, don't care who does em.  Better off doing long stride lunges, rear knee to the floor, return to start postion each rep, usually 12.  Light weight is all you need.  I like to do all reps for each leg, one leg at a time, not alternating, helps to get in a better groove.  Gets you breathing hard and helps build some explosive power, for those heavy, deep squats.  I have watched people fall apart trying to hang on these.

I'll give them a try. 
I am somewhat attached to my walking lunges, though, so maybe I will do these as a superset.   :o

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: July 19, 2007, 07:01:11 PM »

I'll give them a try. 
so maybe I will do these as a superset.   :o

Now thats what Im talking about  :P

BuffGoddess

• Competitors
  • Getbig III
« Reply #42 on: July 20, 2007, 12:47:18 AM »
Now thats what Im talking about  :P
I'm with you on the one leg at a time thing! When you step on stage you don't want to have a dominate side, you have to be symmetrical, in all body parts!

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: July 20, 2007, 04:48:58 AM »
I'm with you on the one leg at a time thing! When you step on stage you don't want to have a dominate side, you have to be symmetrical, in all body parts!

Yep thats for sure.  I struggle with symetry in certian areas, arms being one.  Heres some eye candy for you guys  :D it's only fair

~flower~

• Getbig IV
  • D/s
« Reply #44 on: July 20, 2007, 07:01:20 AM »
Will you be providing demonstrative pictures for all the exercises?     8)

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: July 20, 2007, 07:53:20 AM »
Yep thats for sure.  I struggle with symetry in certian areas, arms being one.  Heres some eye candy for you guys  :D it's only fair

DAMN DUDE.  I like your thinking!!!   :o
I struggle with symmetry BIG TIME, and I am very very right-side dominant.  You can easily see it in my arms, my calves, and my quads.  I have plans to start a separate thread on this topic soon.

In the meantime, I'm with ~flower~ 100%....you need to lead by example and teach by illustration....starting with some pics of your GLUTES and more of your lower body, since this IS a glute/lower body training thread. 

Are your glutes symmetrical?  We'll need to have a close look at those to make an informed judgement.   ;D

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: July 20, 2007, 12:33:45 PM »
Will you be providing demonstrative pictures for all the exercises?     8)

DAMN DUDE.  I like your thinking!!!   :o
I struggle with symmetry BIG TIME, and I am very very right-side dominant.  You can easily see it in my arms, my calves, and my quads.  I have plans to start a separate thread on this topic soon.

In the meantime, I'm with ~flower~ 100%....you need to lead by example and teach by illustration....starting with some pics of your GLUTES and more of your lower body, since this IS a glute/lower body training thread. 

Are your glutes symmetrical?  We'll need to have a close look at those to make an informed judgement.   ;D

LOL thanks ladies.  Yeah I think some pics from time to time sounds like fun  :-*  I will have to get a glute shot up cause you know what? I really dont know how good the symetry is there, I think its pretty good?  You guys will have to help me out with your observations    :)

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: July 20, 2007, 01:15:49 PM »
LOL thanks ladies.  Yeah I think some pics from time to time sounds like fun  :-*  I will have to get a glute shot up cause you know what? I really dont know how good the symetry is there, I think its pretty good?  You guys will have to help me out with your observations    :)

I'm so glad we can be of assistance.   8)

Bring it on baby, bring it ON.   :-*

BuffGoddess

• Competitors
  • Getbig III
« Reply #48 on: July 21, 2007, 03:23:42 AM »

Okay stop! I'm gonna have to go change my thong! Nice pics and thanks for sharing,,, ;D

Rampage

• Getbig IV
« Reply #49 on: July 22, 2007, 04:54:19 PM »
goody