Author Topic: GLUTE/LOWER BODY TRAINING  (Read 350256 times)

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
Re: GLUTE/LOWER BODY TRAINING
« Reply #425 on: December 18, 2008, 06:48:09 AM »
Last night's leg workout wasn't terrible.  It was waaaaay better than last week, and I can tell that I am going to be much less sore, so I am starting to get back into the swing of things.

No spotter last night, and still having lower back problems, so I was reluctant to put too much weight on the bar, but I am getting there.  Other thing I need to do is remember to pack my damn weightlifting shoes b/c squatting in my cardio shoes is horrible.

SQUATS - Ass to calves!
warmup 65x15
95x15
135x8 (3 sets)
95x15

LEG EXTENSIONS - Several sets, lost count, some with one leg at a time, some together

SEATED HAMMIES - 3 sets

I tried out the Life Fitness leg press machine for two sets, but I found it to be a total waste of time.

SLDL - slow and light with lots of stretch
80x12
95x8 (3 sets)

And 25 mins on the bike.

I'll be changing these workouts up alot after new years.  Gonna be much more focused on the squatting and I'll eliminate alot of the other exercises for a while.   8)

Yeah i have a pair of shoes i like to do legs in also, they have an almost flat, thin sole...really helps to let you push more from your heels.  I have tried that Life Fitness LP also and agree the thing stinks, although its alright to maybe do calf raises on, thats it!  I have tried it twice, mainly just playing around.

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
  • 2010 Olympia Pro Powerlifting Champ
« Reply #426 on: December 18, 2008, 12:09:12 PM »
Yeah i have a pair of shoes i like to do legs in also, they have an almost flat, thin sole...really helps to let you push more from your heels.  I have tried that Life Fitness LP also and agree the thing stinks, although its alright to maybe do calf raises on, thats it!  I have tried it twice, mainly just playing around.

I use the Addidas weightlifting shoes with the wooden soles, and they totally kick ass.  I love them. 

I swear, I am almost to the point where I feel like if I squat first during my workout, just about EVERYTHING else is a waste of time!  Especially during the off-season...not everything, but close to everything...
:)

freespirit

• Getbig V
  • Revolt!
« Reply #427 on: December 18, 2008, 12:28:56 PM »

I use the Addidas weightlifting shoes with the wooden soles, and they totally kick ass.  I love them. 

I swear, I am almost to the point where I feel like if I squat first during my workout, just about EVERYTHING else is a waste of time!  Especially during the off-season...not everything, but close to everything...

So, the high heels are only for foto-shoots?

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
« Reply #428 on: December 18, 2008, 12:34:31 PM »
So, the high heels are only for foto-shoots?

;D

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #429 on: December 18, 2008, 04:06:02 PM »

Wooden soles Huh?  I did not know about those, is the idea so the soles do not compress?

Yes I totally agree after hitting the squats hard the rest is just fluff.  The other stuff does add detail and shape to the mass though...at least thats the theory.  :)

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The new age pussy Punisher!
« Reply #430 on: December 18, 2008, 04:48:50 PM »
be careful with the squatting with that bad back of urs ok Rip!

little D

• Getbig II
« Reply #431 on: December 18, 2008, 06:56:45 PM »
Hey Rip about those weight lifting shoes.... I always ask for them when I go to buy new shoes, but always get "no there is no such thing!". I was starting to believe this! OMG you are awesome! Thanks for putting this on the message board! Maybe this will help my form!

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
« Reply #432 on: December 19, 2008, 04:13:26 AM »
Thanks Flex, I will be careful.  I am not deadlifting or squatting heavy till I feel like my back is 100%.  And it's not right now for sure.   >:(

Luv and D, here are the Addidas Adistars...you can see the wooden sole.  I freakin' love these shoes.  They are great for squatting because they give you lots of stability, and they put your feet at an angle that helps if you squat low like I do.  They are also great for bench pressing because they help me keep my feet nailed to the ground while I'm pressing.   Pricey but worth it.  8)

yng466

• Getbig III
« Reply #433 on: December 19, 2008, 10:19:45 AM »
One good exercise is to put your hands on your shoulders and try to touch you feet with your elbows,sounds easy?Try it!! DO NOT BOUNCE IT,YOU'LL RIP YOUR HAMSTRINGS!
PARTY LIKE A PIRATE!

little D

• Getbig II
« Reply #434 on: December 19, 2008, 05:10:53 PM »
Hey thanks Rip! I will be buying a pair! This is good to know. Is Adidas the only company that offer them?

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
« Reply #435 on: December 19, 2008, 05:16:41 PM »
Hey thanks Rip! I will be buying a pair! This is good to know. Is Adidas the only company that offer them?

Otomix also makes weightlifting shoes, although I have no idea what they have to offer. 
There are a couple different ones that Addidas makes as well. 

You will love them!

little D

• Getbig II
« Reply #436 on: December 21, 2008, 06:24:59 PM »
Thanks Rip! I just looked at the other brand. I think I prefer the addidis. After the holidays I will buy a pair! I am thrilled!

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
« Reply #437 on: January 03, 2009, 03:26:04 PM »
Well, it's the New Year, and time to get back to powerlifting!   :)

I am starting a new program next week, which I am VERY excited about.  It's different though... It's a super high volume program, lots and lots of sets.  And it focuses primarily around the three basic exercises - squats, deads, and bench press.  In preparation, I did a "practice" workout today, just to get a feel for how the workouts are going to be structured and what kind of volume I am going to be deadling with.  Keep in mind that this isn't even a full workout :

SQUATS - Ass to calves!
95x5
115x5
135x4 (2 sets)
155x3 (3 sets)
165x2 (3 sets)

BENCH PRESS
135x5
155x5 (2 sets)
165x3 (3 sets)

SQUATS
95x5
115x4
135x3 (4 sets)

INCLINE DB FLIES
17.5 lbs x 10 (4 sets)

That was 16 sets of squats.   :o

I am pretty happy with those numbers considering that I didn't have a spotter on any of the squats.  I did get a liftoff on the bench, but no help.  That was the FIRST time I have bench pressed since early October...not kidding!

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #438 on: January 03, 2009, 05:40:59 PM »
Well, it's the New Year, and time to get back to powerlifting!   :)

I am starting a new program next week, which I am VERY excited about.  It's different though... It's a super high volume program, lots and lots of sets.  And it focuses primarily around the three basic exercises - squats, deads, and bench press.  In preparation, I did a "practice" workout today, just to get a feel for how the workouts are going to be structured and what kind of volume I am going to be deadling with.  Keep in mind that this isn't even a full workout :

SQUATS - Ass to calves!
95x5
115x5
135x4 (2 sets)
155x3 (3 sets)
165x2 (3 sets)

BENCH PRESS
135x5
155x5 (2 sets)
165x3 (3 sets)

SQUATS
95x5
115x4
135x3 (4 sets)

INCLINE DB FLIES
17.5 lbs x 10 (4 sets)

That was 16 sets of squats.   :o

I am pretty happy with those numbers considering that I didn't have a spotter on any of the squats.  I did get a liftoff on the bench, but no help.  That was the FIRST time I have bench pressed since early October...not kidding!

Dayum Rip thats a top of the food chain work out right there!

You will kick ass on the PL!! Cant wait to hear how it goes!

I took off a week cause I was sick and got back and did legs today, felt great!!

I did LP, single ext and light hacks to pump. Then 10 sets for hams.

Week or so prior squatted and nailed 365lbs for 15. 315 for 20, long time since I have done that!  This offseason weight has me feeling strong.

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
« Reply #439 on: January 04, 2009, 07:54:43 AM »
Dayum Rip thats a top of the food chain work out right there!

You will kick ass on the PL!! Cant wait to hear how it goes!

I took off a week cause I was sick and got back and did legs today, felt great!!

I did LP, single ext and light hacks to pump. Then 10 sets for hams.

Week or so prior squatted and nailed 365lbs for 15. 315 for 20, long time since I have done that!  This offseason weight has me feeling strong.

That's awesome Luv.  Sometimes a little R&R is exactly what you need to come back stronger!

I WAS feeling stronger... now I am just feeling ridiculously sore from about the middle of my back all the way down to my knees... :-[

Glad I did a practice workout... I may be recovered just in time to do the real thing on Weds! 

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #440 on: January 09, 2009, 05:23:12 PM »

That's awesome Luv.  Sometimes a little R&R is exactly what you need to come back stronger!

I WAS feeling stronger... now I am just feeling ridiculously sore from about the middle of my back all the way down to my knees... :-[

Glad I did a practice workout... I may be recovered just in time to do the real thing on Weds! 

Part of the reason I think I felt so strong was I was training with another guy, you know Rip, boys and testosterone they do funny things.  Like I would do to you if you were single.  OOppps!  :P

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
« Reply #441 on: January 09, 2009, 06:42:30 PM »
Part of the reason I think I felt so strong was I was training with another guy, you know Rip, boys and testosterone they do funny things.  Like I would do to you if you were single.  OOppps!  :P

:o   ;D 

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
« Reply #442 on: January 13, 2009, 04:23:03 AM »
So Luv, did you and Little D hit the gym together yet or what?  Where are the pics and vids?   ;D

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #443 on: January 13, 2009, 04:53:34 AM »
So Luv, did you and Little D hit the gym together yet or what?  Where are the pics and vids?   ;D

You know Rip, Little D has moved to a different gym, a brand new one they just opened closer to where she lives.  I hope we get the chance still as Im sure i will see her around but I am starting to feel it.  Getting motivated and training hard.

I think they would need a special wide angle lens for me Im so fat LOL.  :'(

Thats alright I feel you need to put on a little to gain and I have my eye on the Continental USA which is really turning out to be a big show.  Probally the biggest in the mid-west right now so I wanna gain a bit of upper body size and come in in top shape.  I need to get some pics up this year!!

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
« Reply #444 on: January 13, 2009, 04:58:10 AM »
You know Rip, Little D has moved to a different gym, a brand new one they just opened closer to where she lives.  I hope we get the chance still as Im sure i will see her around but I am starting to feel it.  Getting motivated and training hard.

I think they would need a special wide angle lens for me Im so fat LOL.  :'(

Thats alright I feel you need to put on a little to gain and I have my eye on the Continental USA which is really turning out to be a big show.  Probally the biggest in the mid-west right now so I wanna gain a bit of upper body size and come in in top shape.  I need to get some pics up this year!!

Sounds awesome Luv, I'm psyched for you!  :)

No worries on the fatness, I can totally relate LOL but it does not matter as long as you know how to take it off and have the discipline to do it.  You will look better than ever when the layer comes off!  When is the Continental USA?  Is that the same show that Blockhead is planning on doing?  I know he has started dieting...he is a BIG BOY right now, I think the show is in about 17 weeks or so? 

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #445 on: January 13, 2009, 05:34:16 AM »

Sounds awesome Luv, I'm psyched for you!  :)

No worries on the fatness, I can totally relate LOL but it does not matter as long as you know how to take it off and have the discipline to do it.  You will look better than ever when the layer comes off!  When is the Continental USA?  Is that the same show that Blockhead is planning on doing?  I know he has started dieting...he is a BIG BOY right now, I think the show is in about 17 weeks or so? 

Thanks Rip!  Yeah not too worried about the fattness, im kind of enjoying it.  Block is doing the Illinois State show which is held in the city, I would like to do that show too but its hard to not wanna do the Continental which is in October, cause it is in my hometown which makes it very cool cause I can really chill and not stress with the travel into the city which is an hour and a half drive for me.  Its nice to go home after pre-judging and chill, really helps keep the stress down.  Plus I can stay offseason longer LOL!  But the Ill state venue is difficult from parking to the time from pre-judging to night show.  So I will focus on my hometown show.  But I wanna get in good shape by the start of summer.

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Ron = 'Princess L' & many other gimmicks - FACT!
« Reply #446 on: January 13, 2009, 07:18:32 AM »
Let's see some new pics of your buttocks, Lori!  :P
!

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
« Reply #447 on: January 13, 2009, 07:52:56 AM »
Let's see some new pics of your buttocks, Lori!  :P

Soon enough, soon enough... ;)

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Ron = 'Princess L' & many other gimmicks - FACT!
« Reply #448 on: January 19, 2009, 06:57:59 AM »

Soon enough, soon enough... ;)

Don't tease me like this!  :D :-*
!

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
« Reply #449 on: January 19, 2009, 05:01:38 PM »
Don't tease me like this!  :D :-*

OK here are two squat vids I posted in my training log.  But not from behind...  :P

155 for 3
175 for 3