Author Topic: twitching muscle  (Read 1196 times)

HAMADA

• Getbig I
twitching muscle
« on: June 25, 2007, 11:51:01 PM »
my right upper back has been twitching for about 24 hours. Any ideas on what that means?

Cerberus2k7

• Getbig II
Re: twitching muscle
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2007, 11:59:28 PM »
You have 7 days...

Dr. D

• Getbig III
  • Vince and Derek: Match made in GetBig Heaven!
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2007, 05:48:56 AM »
 twitching is usually a blood deficiency in a given area: This is due to weak production of blood, to
much loss of blood or chronic diseases that consume blood. There is lack of
nourishment of the tendons and muscles, which can cause dryness and twitching, usually lack of
nutrients and so on.

HAMADA

• Getbig I
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2007, 06:25:10 AM »
that would explain it so probly more food?

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2007, 01:46:15 PM »
twitching is usually a blood deficiency in a given area: This is due to weak production of blood, to
much loss of blood or chronic diseases that consume blood. There is lack of
nourishment of the tendons and muscles, which can cause dryness and twitching, usually lack of
nutrients and so on.
i disagree with this, my right teardrop muscle above my knee twitches uncontrollably at times and i eat a gram and a half of protein per pound and pleny of carbs per day and drink plenty of water, the muscle is also thicky developed as well so it's not a matter of any of that bullshit with me.

Dr. D

• Getbig III
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2007, 01:49:28 PM »
i disagree with this, my right teardrop muscle above my knee twitches uncontrollably at times and i eat a gram and a half of protein per pound and pleny of carbs per day and drink plenty of water, the muscle is also thicky developed as well so it's not a matter of any of that bullshit with me.

It doesn't mean it could be just nutritional with you. It can be a nerve issue, not enough blood being supplied to that region. Because you eat all the time doesn't mean your body is absorbing the nutrients or vitamins in the food. It's much more complex than that.

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2007, 01:51:53 PM »

It doesn't mean it could be just nutritional with you. It can be a nerve issue, not enough blood being supplied to that region.
yeah it's hard to say, the area gets tremendously pumped when i train legs and it's the only part of my body that this ever happens to so it's hard to say.

Dr. D

• Getbig III
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2007, 01:55:06 PM »
yeah it's hard to say, the area gets tremendously pumped when i train legs and it's the only part of my body that this ever happens to so it's hard to say.

You could have a nerve innervation problem. It sounds like you are not getting enough blood in that region when it needs it most. This can be anywhere from the L1 to S1 nerve regions. Ever had back problems?

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2007, 02:06:47 PM »
You could have a nerve innervation problem. It sounds like you are not getting enough blood in that region when it needs it most. This can be anywhere from the L1 to S1 nerve regions. Ever had back problems?
no, my back is pretty strong.

Redwingenator

• Getbig II
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2007, 02:46:44 PM »

Or you could have simply depleted you muscular stores of calcium.  It's very common especially if you have increased the intensity of your workout.  Find yourself a quality calcium supplement and see if the problem eases after a couple weeks.

Without any presence of low back pain or radicular symptomatology its not related to lumbar disc pathology.  It's either a calcium problem or early onset of Parkinson's or M.S.  You should probably consider setting up nerve conduction test with a full battery of MRI's just to rule it out. ::)