Author Topic: Are steriods the reason a lot of bb's act like 16 year old kids  (Read 6096 times)

gtbro1

• Getbig V
Re: Are steriods the reason a lot of bb's act like 16 year old kids
« Reply #25 on: June 29, 2007, 08:50:04 AM »
den u must be on steroids too, for askin the fkin dumbest qustion in this board's history.

::)

Livewire

• Getbig IV
  • I call Nasser.
« Reply #26 on: June 29, 2007, 08:51:02 AM »
the funniest thing is that the pros or competitiors in general are the easiest to make meltdown, all you have to do is call them out on any claim, poun dage lifted, arm measurement, bodyweight, bodyfat, salary, height, drug use, whatever and they go apeshit, it's so easy.

you said it, white castle boy.
Nasser called Palumbo an acromegalion

body88

« Reply #27 on: June 29, 2007, 09:19:11 AM »
den u must be on steroids too, for askin the fkin dumbest qustion in this board's history.

::)

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: June 29, 2007, 09:20:44 AM »
you said it, white castle boy.
translation=you lie about all the things i mentioned in my post.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #29 on: June 29, 2007, 10:30:50 AM »
I got that lil kid feeling with Levrone in one of his vids when he was in the kitchen with his folks and how they were saying that they cook all his broccoli and spend 400.00 a week buying his food.

so having your own personal chef means you have issues?

E
E

migizi

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #30 on: June 29, 2007, 11:12:42 AM »
so having your own personal chef means you have issues?

E
no; but the way his parents talked, it sounded like it was a burden on them...and he had arnold victories and other show money, I think he should've bought his own food and not have his parents buy it.  I mean Jay for instance cooks most of his meals. I think it portrayed him as childlike.

TheEgoCrusher

• Getbig III
« Reply #31 on: June 29, 2007, 11:21:18 AM »
I believe certain personality traits create bodybuilders/fitness people:

1.  Self-image obsession.  No way around it.  You have to be obsessed with how you look to get anywhere in bodybuilding or fitness.  Period.

2.  Obsessive-compulsive.  You have to be obsessive about how you eat, how you train, rest, living the "lifestyle", etc. 

3.  Narsissitic.  Goes without saying.

4.  Vain.  Ditto.

5.  An attention seeker.  Ditto.

There are many things that play into it, but the bottom-line is that you have to be somewhat stuck on yourself, vain and compulsive to get anywhere when it comes to weight training.  You also have to sacrifice other things that should be more important to you than training but aren't due to your obsession with working out/image.

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN
« Reply #32 on: June 29, 2007, 11:23:03 AM »
This is a honest question. I have been training for 11 years, and a member of this board for about 5 years. Since I started following bb I noticed how much drama / immaturity there is in the industry.I know a few national level guys and its the same story with them to. Always talking shit and acting immature. Are bb's more prone to insecurity? Could that be the reason the industry seems to have a lot of trash talking, and jealousy amongst the contestants? Obv a lot of bb's started out as insecure people. I am not saying all bb's are that way, but many seem to fit the mold. Skinny insecure kid, starts lifting because he wants to get bigger.Then becomes obsessed with self image. I believe many bb's suffer from body dismorfia. The kicker is they don't stop. It is never enough. Never big enough, never ripped enough. They take it to the max. Until they end up looking like a science experiment gone bad. Almost like a drug addict or a gambler. They cant play one hand of blackjack, or take one pill. They need to go broke or take the whole bottle. Don't even get me started on the "females" who compete.

Could steroids be to blame for the immature / Primadona attitude most bb's have? Like young kids just hitting puberty, many are all over the place with there moods. Talking sh*t , whining about other competitors, or starting shit in general like little immature bitches. The women are all sauced up, the dudes are all sauced up, there has to be a link. Reminds me of a bunch of 30 year old dudes with the mindset of a 15 year old kid who just hit puberty.

Was there less drama back in the glory days of bb? I am a ironage fan myself.

Good observatiion/post.

However, I don't think steroids are to blame. Personally, I believe that if you're a prick while off, you'll be one while on. Just like with drunks (alcohol), it's just an excuse to act like fools (drugs for bbers). Not defending steroids mind you, I don't use them, and see no purpose in temporary muscles. I just think people are too quick to blame steroids for everything, much like our media.

HAHA, RON.....

HalloweenMan

• Getbig III
  • Team What The Fuck?!?!?!
« Reply #33 on: June 29, 2007, 11:28:58 AM »
I believe certain personality traits create bodybuilders/fitness people:

1.  Self-image obsession.  No way around it.  You have to be obsessed with how you look to get anywhere in bodybuilding or fitness.  Period.

2.  Obsessive-compulsive.  You have to be obsessive about how you eat, how you train, rest, living the "lifestyle", etc. 

3.  Narsissitic.  Goes without saying.

4.  Vain.  Ditto.

5.  An attention seeker.  Ditto.

There are many things that play into it, but the bottom-line is that you have to be somewhat stuck on yourself, vain and compulsive to get anywhere when it comes to weight training.  You also have to sacrifice other things that should be more important to you than training but aren't due to your obsession with working out/image.

everything he said.  plus, how mature do you expect people to act when they are part of an industry that is based around lies?  poundage lies, achievment lies, lifestyle lies, supplement lies, magazines filled with lies, magazines that completely ingore steroids as a part of bb, at least MD (as silly as it is) recognizes that aas is a huge part of bb.  lies lies lies. 
F

XFACTOR

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: June 29, 2007, 11:31:50 AM »
the funniest thing is that the pros or competitiors in general are the easiest to make meltdown, all you have to do is call them out on any claim, poun dage lifted, arm measurement, bodyweight, bodyfat, salary, height, drug use, whatever and they go apeshit, it's so easy.

Think about this.  A pro bodybuilder needs to break the law to do well in their sport.

Seriously think about that.

JasonH

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: June 29, 2007, 12:04:55 PM »
The chances are with most pro bodybuilders, that's all they've devoted their life to doing so it's no wonder they've got a one track mind. One track minds generally are pretty immature.

It's not just this case with bodybuilding - look at other sports - when you listen to interviews of the top people in any sport you hear a monotonous tone that makes you wanna switch off. Put them in any other situation and they become like a person lesser than their years - naive and stupid.

gordiano

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: June 29, 2007, 12:21:32 PM »
Think about this.  A pro bodybuilder needs to break the law to do well in their sport.

Seriously think about that.

Right.

This is a point I've made before.

Think about it......a person with ZERO regard for their health, their families, and the law. That's the type of person it takes to "make it" in this industry. How sad.

As I've said before, I LOVE bbing. To me it IS a healthy endeavour. Too bad that for these other folks, it's no longer so.
HAHA, RON.....

gordiano

• Getbig V
HAHA, RON.....

XFACTOR

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: June 29, 2007, 12:32:20 PM »
Right.

This is a point I've made before.

Think about it......a person with ZERO regard for their health, their families, and the law. That's the type of person it takes to "make it" in this industry. How sad.

As I've said before, I LOVE bbing. To me it IS a healthy endeavour. Too bad that for these other folks, it's no longer so.

So true.  I love bodybuilding as well, I couldn't live without it.  Even taking one day off a week kills me.  However I'm not bashing steroid users!!!  I don't think there is anything wrong with doing a little here and there.  The problem lies within guys not being able to take a year off or taking crazy amounts.

TheEgoCrusher

• Getbig III
« Reply #39 on: June 29, 2007, 01:05:40 PM »
I agree with you guys.  I love to exercise.  I'm not a bodybuilder but more of a fitness guy.  I like the look, the adrenaline rush, the boost of self-confidence, the health benefits, etc.  To me, it's just not worth it to push the envelope.  It's simply beyond my comprehension as to why people can't just push themselves to the very limit of what they can obtain through diet, exercise and genetics and just leave it at that.  I'm not sure what exactly makes someone so off kilter that they can't live with this.  It's always baffled me. 

What is there to gain by using/pushing the limits?  I sure as hell wouldn't want to have to break the law to make a living.  You might as well join the mob.  It pays better and you're still evading the law to make a living.  You are playing with your life either way, also.

XFACTOR

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: June 29, 2007, 01:13:30 PM »
I agree with you guys.  I love to exercise.  I'm not a bodybuilder but more of a fitness guy.  I like the look, the adrenaline rush, the boost of self-confidence, the health benefits, etc.  To me, it's just not worth it to push the envelope.  It's simply beyond my comprehension as to why people can't just push themselves to the very limit of what they can obtain through diet, exercise and genetics and just leave it at that.  I'm not sure what exactly makes someone so off kilter that they can't live with this.  It's always baffled me. 

What is there to gain by using/pushing the limits?  I sure as hell wouldn't want to have to break the law to make a living.  You might as well join the mob.  It pays better and you're still evading the law to make a living.  You are playing with your life either way, also.

Thats the issue.  I'll be the first to admit my genetics suck.  I started at 6'0 165 6 years ago. got to 195-200 and no more muscle was in sight.  I did a cycle about a year and a half ago and don't regret it one bit.  I'm 220 today at very low bf. For a tall linky guy like me it was a viable option that I don't regret.

gordiano

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: June 29, 2007, 01:24:07 PM »

Right.

Maybe it's just me, but I'll earn what little I get/have. Drugs are a short cut. How much satisfaction is there in something you didn't earn?

Besides, I believe it to be a character issue. If you would break the law, for something as pathetic and pointless as temporary muscles, what low wouldn't that person steep to? That's not even getting into the disregard for one's own health, and family.

I'm not criticizing anyone's use. It's just not for me. Not flaming, just my opinion.

I'm nothing special. But everything I have, I earned. I'm not looking over my shoulder, worried about someone ratting me out, or missing a shipment, or worried about my health ten years from now for shit I'm taking/doing today. Life comes with enough drama, why add to it?
HAHA, RON.....

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: June 29, 2007, 01:25:29 PM »
my position is do whatever the fucck you want to do just stay out of my business.

gordiano

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: June 29, 2007, 01:28:15 PM »
Thats the issue.  I'll be the first to admit my genetics suck.  I started at 6'0 165 6 years ago. got to 195-200 and no more muscle was in sight.  I did a cycle about a year and a half ago and don't regret it one bit.  I'm 220 today at very low bf. For a tall linky guy like me it was a viable option that I don't regret.

My genetics suck too. But I just hit the gym as hard as I can, and the results come....even if slowly. Everyone plateaus.
HAHA, RON.....

Samourai Pizzacat

• Getbig IV
  • Meeoow!!
« Reply #44 on: June 29, 2007, 01:55:09 PM »

Bodybuilding is moving towards the extremes, requiring people that will go to extremes, out of insecurity, immaturity, obsessiveness etc.

BB attracts a lot of insecure folks, hoping that being huge will be the end of all their insecurity. Put a bunch of insecure men on a lot of test and you can see where the henhouse starts.

Ah well, its fun to watch but nothing to take serious really hehe.

XFACTOR

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: June 29, 2007, 02:19:17 PM »
My genetics suck too. But I just hit the gym as hard as I can, and the results come....even if slowly. Everyone plateaus.

I still think getting to 210-220 at 5% is near impossible without drugs.  It for sure can be done but with great genetics, which I don't have.

WetWorker

« Reply #46 on: June 29, 2007, 02:50:34 PM »
You ever think its just fun acting like a 16 year old......so why not ;D

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #47 on: June 29, 2007, 04:20:22 PM »
no; but the way his parents talked, it sounded like it was a burden on them...and he had arnold victories and other show money, I think he should've bought his own food and not have his parents buy it.  I mean Jay for instance cooks most of his meals. I think it portrayed him as childlike.

how did it sound like it was a burden on them?

he didn't force them to do it and he paid them

as for how he was portrayed, he came off as a king to me 8)

E
E

TheEgoCrusher

• Getbig III
« Reply #48 on: June 29, 2007, 06:25:45 PM »
I believe that, without question, you can achieve a weight of 205 or so at 5% BF or less without drugs. 

Why?

Because I can do it myself at a height under 6 feet.

gordiano

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: June 29, 2007, 08:05:24 PM »
I believe that, without question, you can achieve a weight of 205 or so at 5% BF or less without drugs. 

Why?

Because I can do it myself at a height under 6 feet.

So do I.
HAHA, RON.....