Author Topic: Independence Day  (Read 4259 times)

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
Re: Independence Day
« Reply #25 on: July 05, 2007, 06:26:41 PM »
Well if they just came out and said ...hey we need oil..and Saddam isa nutbag..fine..but at this point i am beginning to point the finger at the senior leadship of the Armed Services....They are the guys that embraced the PC crap of the Clinton 90's. There are many other reasons for why they suck, but the 90's did alot of damage. I'll go into this more when i have time but after reading alot about what lead up to the war..nobody came forward and told Bush that Cheney and that idiot wolfowitz didn't have a friggen clue.

you know you might be right about the oil part but I'm even starting not to think so. 

I'm starting to think BUSH really believes he was doing the right thing for moral and principle reasons. 

A few weeks ago didn't he veto legislation on stem cell research?  Didn't he sight moral and religious reasons?  In the years to come that can potentially be a huge economic missed opportunity.

i don't think it's purely money.  He might just be genuine about it.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #26 on: July 05, 2007, 07:37:18 PM »
Fucking amazing...its goddam Independence day and its bash Bush, bash the war....Bash American...fucking move out of my country..those in Canada, shut the fuck up. I spent the day on a boat with a bunch of other vets..after alot of beer we decided the American people don't deserve us. Unreal...I think if u hate your country u should move. And don't give me this Bush crap...all the hate for America was there way before Bush came to office. Get a grip...or leave.

Speak!  :)  You tell 'em headhunter.  I was thinking it, but didn't feel like saying it. 

I spent the day with two veterans (one enlisted one officer) and two active duty officers and their families.  God bless America.     

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
  • Would you hold still? You're making me fuck up...
« Reply #27 on: July 05, 2007, 09:06:35 PM »
fucking move out of my country..

I didn't realize it was only your country...

I thought you guys were fighting for our right to discuss this failure of a President?

You have truly disappointed me HH6, from any other jackass it doesn't really mean anything, but from a Military man like yourself...
 :-\
S

seauantea

• Getbig II
« Reply #28 on: July 05, 2007, 09:30:12 PM »
Fucking amazing...its goddam Independence day and its bash Bush, bash the war....Bash American...fucking move out of my country..those in Canada, shut the fuck up. I spent the day on a boat with a bunch of other vets..after alot of beer we decided the American people don't deserve us. Unreal...I think if u hate your country u should move. And don't give me this Bush crap...all the hate for America was there way before Bush came to office. Get a grip...or leave.

Ostensibly you and the rest of the lower crust are fighting for the very right of Americans to "bash Bush, bash the war....Bash American". Given that you have risked your life for this cause, do you not feel like a fool when you now complain about it?

Food for thought :)

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #29 on: July 06, 2007, 09:05:41 AM »
I'm not fighting for your rights in any way shape or form. U guys can bash bush all u want...but not the country. I'm fighting for the guy next to me, for the survival of the country. And when u guys come on and explode on how "bad' America is...fuck u.... travel outside the tourist hotspots...most countries suck. And "Lower crust....I bet i have 3 times the education level u do..been to a million more place..met way more important people..who the hell are u. These kids who are fighting are best of us...who else gives a shit enough about anything to lay down their lives. I find ur comments offensive...lower crust ::)
L

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #30 on: July 06, 2007, 09:13:01 AM »
“A general dissolution of principles and manners will more surely overthrow the liberties of America than the whole force of the common enemy. While the people are virtuous they cannot be subdued; but when once they lose their virtue then will be ready to surrender their liberties to the first external or internal invader.” —Samuel Adams

That's deep.
w

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #31 on: July 06, 2007, 09:15:40 AM »

{LOL} I think someone has had a few too many beers.  :P
w

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: July 06, 2007, 09:17:08 AM »
Well we've surrendered our virtue...but whos' the invader Bush or the rags..not sure. Ones an idiot that will be voted out soon and the other's not going anywhere anytime soon.
L

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: July 06, 2007, 09:19:47 AM »
{LOL} I think someone has had a few too many beers.  :P

I went with malibu on the fourth....I could care less about bashing Bush..but not the country....no way. Anyway i have to go meet the remains of a guy that got killed 6 months ago in Iraq. They found more of him and are burying him on Monday. Enjoy your weekend :(
L

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: July 06, 2007, 10:00:41 AM »
I went with malibu on the fourth....I could care less about bashing Bush..but not the country....no way. Anyway i have to go meet the remains of a guy that got killed 6 months ago in Iraq. They found more of him and are burying him on Monday. Enjoy your weekend :(

Sorry to hear that.  Have a safe trip major.

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: July 06, 2007, 10:06:46 AM »
Bashing BUSH is NOT bashing our country.

Bush does not equal USA.

The beauty of our country is that there is a peaceful transfer of power every 4-8 years that is influenced by US citizens.  No matter how bad things get:

McCarthy commy hearings
Civil rights riots
Japanese intern camps
and BUSH

We have the capacity to change it and we do just that.

That's why i love America

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: July 06, 2007, 10:10:10 AM »

Bush does not equal USA.

The beauty of our country is that there is a peaceful transfer of power every 4-8 years that is influenced by US citizens.  No matter how bad things get:

McCarthy commy hearings
Civil rights riots
Japanese intern camps
and BUSH

Thank you... I wish everyone understood this.
S

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139
« Reply #37 on: July 06, 2007, 10:36:25 AM »

Bush does not equal USA.

McCarthy commy hearings
Civil rights riots
Japanese intern camps
and BUSH

Along with that....

Backing President Bush does not equal stupidity either....   

wouldn't you agree that this is the very mindset of those who do not back the president?

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: July 06, 2007, 10:43:56 AM »
Along with that....

Backing President Bush does not equal stupidity either....   

wouldn't you agree that this is the very mindset of those who do not back the president?

I think backing the president from the view point of having respect for the office is one thing.  Backing the president because you truely feel he is doing the right thing and you base this belief on logic and reason is another.   both are valid IMO.

BUT,  just saying a person is stupid for backing the president without finding out why is not right.

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139
« Reply #39 on: July 06, 2007, 10:49:57 AM »
I think backing the president from the view point of having respect for the office is one thing.  Backing the president because you truely feel he is doing the right thing and you base this belief on logic and reason is another.   both are valid IMO.

BUT,  just saying a person is stupid for backing the president without finding out why is not right.
you were doing good until you started your second sentence.  the "log and reason" bit is a kinder way of saying "you're stupid".    ;)  at least you were trying to be nicer than your peers of the same mindset on this board.

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: July 06, 2007, 10:56:59 AM »
you were doing good until you started your second sentence.  the "log and reason" bit is a kinder way of saying "you're stupid".    ;)  at least you were trying to be nicer than your peers of the same mindset on this board.

Honestly C-500 i wasn't trying to say that.  I was trying to make a distinction between a blind following and following something based on logic and reason.  It may have sounded that way because of the way i wrote it due to starting with "respect of for the office thing."

Personally i don;t see many people fully backing BUsh anymore, but there are plenty of people far more intelligent than me who back him.  they must have their reasons and just because they back him doesn't mean they are stupid.

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139
« Reply #41 on: July 06, 2007, 11:06:13 AM »
Honestly C-500 i wasn't trying to say that.  I was trying to make a distinction between a blind following and following something based on logic and reason.  It may have sounded that way because of the way i wrote it due to starting with "respect of for the office thing."

Personally i don;t see many people fully backing BUsh anymore, but there are plenty of people far more intelligent than me who back him.  they must have their reasons and just because they back him doesn't mean they are stupid.
I believe you, bro.  But I'm not too convinced that others feel the same as you do. 

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: July 06, 2007, 11:20:50 AM »
Some of the smartest people in the world still support Bush, lots of us did in 2000.  It depends on your view of the United States and the World.

I think at the moment its extremely hard to ignore all the ways in which Bush and Co. are screwing the United States and the American People.
S

seauantea

• Getbig II
« Reply #43 on: July 06, 2007, 12:18:49 PM »
And "Lower crust....I bet i have 3 times the education level u do..been to a million more place..met way more important people..who the hell are u.

You do an excellent job hiding it :)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: July 06, 2007, 01:35:37 PM »

Bush does not equal USA.

McCarthy commy hearings
Civil rights riots
Japanese intern camps
and BUSH

I agree.  I think headhunter was upset because you have this bash Bush rhetoric on the day we are celebrating our country's independence. 

I also agree with Colossus that there is this sentiment that if you support Bush you're "stupid," etc.  I know people who support him and those who don't.  You even have idiots saying if you don't believe Bush is the worst president in history there must be something wrong with you.   ::) 

Frankly, even with the opinion polls so low, I don't view the Bush hatred as any different than Clinton hatred from the 90s.   

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #45 on: July 06, 2007, 01:54:27 PM »
I'm starting to think BUSH really believes he was doing the right thing for moral and principle reasons. 

A few weeks ago didn't he veto legislation on stem cell research?  Didn't he sight moral and religious reasons?  In the years to come that can potentially be a huge economic missed opportunity.

He's trying to retain his deep following in the south, many of whom are dumbfucks and think stemcell research is murder or something. If Bush lay dying, then don't tell me he'd pass up an opportunity to be saved by stemcells if the science was there.

seauantea

• Getbig II
« Reply #46 on: July 06, 2007, 02:08:57 PM »
He's trying to retain his deep following in the south, many of whom are dumbfucks and think stemcell research is murder or something.

Good observation; it is a blatantly political move.

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: July 06, 2007, 05:10:28 PM »
how does it feel to know it all ?

must be amazing.  ::)

I make do.   ;)

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: July 06, 2007, 05:58:04 PM »
He's trying to retain his deep following in the south, many of whom are dumbfucks and think stemcell research is murder or something. If Bush lay dying, then don't tell me he'd pass up an opportunity to be saved by stemcells if the science was there.

Yeah, people's morality often is situational.   But since his situation doesn't require a change he'll stay on his high horse.

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: July 06, 2007, 06:05:24 PM »
Guess where I have been for the 4th of July?  ;D