Author Topic: Cindy Sheehan May Run Against House Speaker........  (Read 5564 times)

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Cindy Sheehan May Run Against House Speaker........
« Reply #50 on: July 10, 2007, 03:11:54 PM »
Stop bringing the truth into the bash Cindy Sheehan agenda. The neotaints don't want to hear it, instead they'd rather focus on her appearance.

The woman's son was killed, she's gone a little wacky but she's also paid a far higher price for this war than any of us posting here have. What's the point of focusing on her? She's not going to win any election so she's no real threat to conservatives. Focusing on her is childish and petty, clearly the woman was devastated by her son's death. Just let her be, eventually she'll go away. 

I agree that her being ugly shouldn't come into play.
The House that Ruth built

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #51 on: July 10, 2007, 08:32:40 PM »
She feels betrayed by the Dems.....surprise surprise....I wish she'd find some peace.
Hello???  Come on, you know full well this is the way things work.  It  is the way a few attempt to affect the system.  I can bring example after example of conservatives who have done exactly the same thing in an attempt to affect change in their party.  See Pat Buchanan as a prime example.  There is no shortage of times where he has noted a betrayal by the neoconservatives and in many regards, he's right.  The conservatives feeling alienated by the neoconservatives can either go along with the game plan or act slightly disgruntled and shoot for some concessions to keep them happy, what do you think they do?  Dang right, they bitch.  How is what Cindy is doing any different?  It's not, It's a faction of lefties that don't like what's going on in their party doing what they can to effect changes they want.  It's the name of the game, don't try and paint it as exclusive of Cindy's behaviour, it's just not the case.

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
  • More proof God is a man.
« Reply #52 on: July 10, 2007, 08:47:51 PM »
I agree that her being ugly shouldn't come into play.

Exactly, the same way it doesn't come into play with you, assuming that picture you posted is an accurate representation of your appearance.

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #53 on: July 11, 2007, 05:03:15 AM »
Exactly, the same way it doesn't come into play with you, assuming that picture you posted is an accurate representation of your appearance.

I was being serious that her appearance shouldn't be a factor. Why are you being a dick? By the way have you posted a pic ?

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: July 11, 2007, 08:39:10 AM »
I was being serious that her appearance shouldn't be a factor. Why are you being a dick? By the way have you posted a pic ?

What does my posting a picture have to do with anything? You called Cindy Sheehan ugly and you're saying I'm being a dick.

She's upper middle aged, her son was killed in Iraq and she was used as a pawn by Democrats yet you still had to throw a dig in at her appearance. Whether you find her attractive or not is irrelevant, the same applies to you and your appearance.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #55 on: July 11, 2007, 10:42:39 AM »
Hello???  Come on, you know full well this is the way things work.  It  is the way a few attempt to affect the system.  I can bring example after example of conservatives who have done exactly the same thing in an attempt to affect change in their party.  See Pat Buchanan as a prime example.  There is no shortage of times where he has noted a betrayal by the neoconservatives and in many regards, he's right.  The conservatives feeling alienated by the neoconservatives can either go along with the game plan or act slightly disgruntled and shoot for some concessions to keep them happy, what do you think they do?  Dang right, they bitch.  How is what Cindy is doing any different?  It's not, It's a faction of lefties that don't like what's going on in their party doing what they can to effect changes they want.  It's the name of the game, don't try and paint it as exclusive of Cindy's behaviour, it's just not the case.

Fair enough..I should have said that "both sides play this game".  The neocons have sold us all out. Some actually believ in what they are doing, but others see the cash side and latched on to the neocons because at this point they were the ones delivering the contracts and cash.
L

The Coach

« Reply #56 on: July 11, 2007, 03:52:25 PM »
RUSH: Cindy Sheehan, as you know, made it official.  She's going to run against Nancy Pelosi in her San Francisco district in 2008.  She was on Scarborough's show today on MSNBC via phone, and Scarborough said, "Now, you've been critical of Nancy Pelosi and the Democrat Party. You made a lot of people in the Democrat Party very angry."  What did I miss?  What has she made angry in the Democrat Party?  Who in the Democrat Party has been mad at her?  Tell me.  Have I missed something?  I don't know of anybody who's mad at her in the Democrat Party.  Anyway... "Talk about, for us, Cindy, how it's been for you to be attacked by Democrats when you were saying the same thing about Republicans when they were in charge?"

SHEEHAN:  Democrats have made me very angry.  Democrats have made a lot of people in this country angry.  They should be the party of change; they should be the party that brings our troops home, and they're not.  They still, even when they have a Republican-controlled Congress, the Democrats are complicit, many of them. There are good Democrats and a few good Republicans, but that we're angry.  We're angry that they are not doing what we elected them for, and that's to bring the troops home, to bring George Bush and Dick Cheney, to hold them accountable.  And I think that we have to look at each person, not their party, not say, "Oh, we're going to give her or we're going to give him a free pass because they're a Democrat, but we're going to attack the Republicans just because they're a Republican," and I know there's some Republicans who have also governed with integrity.

RUSH:  So that's Nancy Pelosi's opponent coming up in the '08 elections.  Now, I had a story on Pelosi from yesterday's stack, and I didn't have a chance to get to it.  It's from the Washington Post on Monday.  "Edging Away From Inner Circle, Pelosi Asserts Authority -- In February, only a month after becoming speaker of the House, Nancy Pelosi settled weeks of threats from Rep. John D. Dingell, her blustery Energy and Commerce Committee chairman, by putting in writing her assent to one of his big demands -- Pelosi's new Select Committee on Energy Independence and Global Warming would not infringe on his power to write legislation as he saw fit.  Four months later, Dingell (D-Mich.) appeared in the speaker's conference room to walk through a bill that would override California's attempts to combat global warming by raising fuel efficiency standards, strip the Environmental Protection Agency of its authority to regulate greenhouse gases and promote a controversial effort to turn coal into liquid fuel.  This time, Pelosi was in no mood to mollify Dingell. The bill he was sponsoring, she said, was unacceptable. The environmental costs would be too severe, the political costs for the Democratic caucus too high, she said.  The two episodes," says the Washington Post, "with Dingell illustrate Pelosi's evolution from a somewhat tentative political figure reliant on a small circle of advisers to the undisputed leader of the House's fractious Democratic majority. 

"'Nancy now represents the majority of this caucus, overwhelmingly,' said Barney Frank (Mass.), chairman of the House Financial Services Committee.  But if Pelosi has succeeded in uniting her party during her initial months as speaker, she and the rest of the leadership have yet to convince the nation that the Democrats can govern." Well, that's what this Post story is all about, don't you see?  Isn't it interesting that we get poll after poll showing Congress' approval numbers --and Pelosi's personal numbers as well as Dingy Harry's are way, way down, plummeting -- and we get a little puff piece in the Washington Post about how brilliantly she's taken over that caucus and she's not letting the other guys that have been around a long time steamroll her?  I guess it's a good thing that the Democrats do not get named by the Drive-By Media like Republicans did, because DeLay was "the Hammer."  Well, this is "the Purse." Nancy Pelosi is "the Purse." She's up there banging these guys with the purse.  She's pursing them into doing what she wants them to do.  So we get this piece that is designed to boost her numbers and to talk about how great a leader she is, how she's growing in office, and she's "started tentatively." Started tentatively? The woman started thinking that she'd been elected to presidency. 

END TRANSCRIPT

Read the Background Material...

AP: Sheehan Launches Pelosi Challenge
WP: Edging Away From Inner Circle, Pelosi Asserts Authority

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: July 11, 2007, 05:54:42 PM »
Fair enough..I should have said that "both sides play this game".  The neocons have sold us all out. Some actually believ in what they are doing, but others see the cash side and latched on to the neocons because at this point they were the ones delivering the contracts and cash.
true that :)

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #58 on: July 13, 2007, 08:08:12 AM »
What does my posting a picture have to do with anything? You called Cindy Sheehan ugly and you're saying I'm being a dick.

She's upper middle aged, her son was killed in Iraq and she was used as a pawn by Democrats yet you still had to throw a dig in at her appearance. Whether you find her attractive or not is irrelevant, the same applies to you and your appearance.

You really don't get it. I never said she was ugly. I said what does being ugly have to do with anything? It was a rhetorical question.

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: July 13, 2007, 09:47:11 AM »
You really don't get it. I never said she was ugly. I said what does being ugly have to do with anything? It was a rhetorical question.

You didn't say I agree her appearance shouldn't come into play you said "I agree that her being ugly shouldn't come into play".

You called her ugly, what the hell's the point of denying it.

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #60 on: July 13, 2007, 11:00:50 AM »
........Aaaaahahahahahahahahahahaha............ she makes Janet Reno look like a Victoria Secret model.......the remake of dumb and dumber...ROTFLMAO, damn, this should be good ;D!!

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,288589,00.html

What the fcuk does her looks have to do with anything?

Seriously?

That aside, I have mixed feelings about this:

Good thing is that she's a common person, isn't born into politics, part of the political aristocracy.

Bad thing is that she may not be a skilled politician. Ie, she may not do a good job.

There is a certain democratic value to this though.

-Hedge
As empty as paradise

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #61 on: July 14, 2007, 08:25:36 AM »
You didn't say I agree her appearance shouldn't come into play you said "I agree that her being ugly shouldn't come into play".

You called her ugly, what the hell's the point of denying it.

She ain't ugly. She is fucking repulsive. Does that clear things up for you once and for all? ::)

Brixtonbulldog

• Getbig V
  • TAKE YO FUCKING JACKET WIT YA
« Reply #62 on: July 14, 2007, 12:31:52 PM »
IMO she is very ugly, but look at a lot of others in politics and you see a lot of ugly (Maxine Waters, Hillary, Ted Kennedy, etc).  Obviously her looks matter not.

But I have to ask..

Would any of you vote for her?  While we're on the subject.. how many of you actually voted in 04, 06?

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: July 14, 2007, 03:58:18 PM »
She ain't ugly. She is fucking repulsive. Does that clear things up for you once and for all? ::)

Excellent, but I still don't understand why you had to pretend you didn't call her ugly. If you had simply admitted it then our little back and forth would have been over by now.

BTW, calm down before you give yourself a stroke it's only a message board

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: July 14, 2007, 06:14:16 PM »
........Aaaaahahahahahahahahahahaha............ she makes Janet Reno look like a Victoria Secret model.......the remake of dumb and dumber...ROTFLMAO, damn, this should be good ;D!!

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,288589,00.html

Seriously?

Good thing is that she's a common person, isn't born into politics, part of the political aristocracy.

Bad thing is that she may not be a skilled politician. Ie, she may not do a good job.

-Hedge

Bump for answer.

-Hedge
As empty as paradise

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #65 on: July 14, 2007, 07:58:48 PM »
IMO she is very ugly, but look at a lot of others in politics and you see a lot of ugly (Maxine Waters, Hillary, Ted Kennedy, etc).  Obviously her looks matter not.

But I have to ask..

Would any of you vote for her?  While we're on the subject.. how many of you actually voted in 04, 06?

Would absolutely not vote for her.  She opposed going after the terrorists in Afghanistan after 911.  Don't need anyone like that in Congress. 

I vote in every election. 

The Coach

« Reply #66 on: July 14, 2007, 08:08:22 PM »

Seriously?

-Hedge

Nothing...........it was a mean spirited comment, I made my peace, but she repulses me. She ruined the legacy of her hero son and she make the dems look even worse. Nothing worse than pissing off your employer >:(

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: July 14, 2007, 08:58:52 PM »
Nothing...........it was a mean spirited comment, I made my peace, but she repulses me. She ruined the legacy of her hero son and she make the dems look even worse. Nothing worse than pissing off your employer >:(

At least you now admit it.

The rest of your post is delusional of course but at least you admitted the truth about your comment.

BTW, the Dems used her, they made themselves look worse for manipulating the situation. She was nothing more than a puppet.

And Mr. Hate, how many of your sons were killed in Iraq?  Doesn't Catholicism teach something about not judging others?

You must have skipped that day of Bible study.

The Coach

« Reply #68 on: July 14, 2007, 10:15:19 PM »
At least you now admit it.

The rest of your post is delusional of course but at least you admitted the truth about your comment.

BTW, the Dems used her, they made themselves look worse for manipulating the situation. She was nothing more than a puppet.

And Mr. Hate, how many of your sons were killed in Iraq?  Doesn't Catholicism teach something about not judging others?

You must have skipped that day of Bible study.

What made you think I wouldn't admit it. BTW, I'm not Catholic and yes, she made a mockery of her son's name, she likes to think she speaks for all the mothers who have lost her son when the fact is that most mothers think she's and idiot..........your an idiot and I mean that `in the Biblical sense.

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: July 15, 2007, 02:50:18 AM »
What made you think I wouldn't admit it. BTW, I'm not Catholic and yes, she made a mockery of her son's name, she likes to think she speaks for all the mothers who have lost her son when the fact is that most mothers think she's and idiot..........your an idiot and I mean that `in the Biblical sense.

Sorry, I meant to say Christianity not Catholicism. How the hell do you know what most of the mothers who've had sons or daughters killed in Iraq think? Are you really delusional enough to think you speak for them or know what they're going through?

BTW, when calling someone an idiot it's best to use the proper form of you are. You could have used "you're" or "you are" but NOT "your".

Here it is in the proper form. Mr. Hate you're an idiot.

Hope this helps your future attempts at belittling.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: July 15, 2007, 03:17:19 AM »
how many of you actually voted in 04,
and the election before that, and the election before that and the election before that and the election before that.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #71 on: July 15, 2007, 11:34:51 AM »
your an idiot and I mean that `in the Biblical sense.

lol!   :D  I have to use this one . . . .

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: July 15, 2007, 03:05:11 PM »
Would absolutely not vote for her.  She opposed going after the terrorists in Afghanistan after 911.  Don't need anyone like that in Congress. 

I vote in every election. 

If I could vote for her, I would definitely not.

Still, I hope to see more common people getting up through the ranks.

She may not be my choice, but maybe the next guy, or the guy after him.

TBH, it's kinda refreshing with a fugly woman being in the spotlight. To bad she gets heat for being fugly, in ways that guys don't.

Nixon would get a few comments. But not the bashing that Sheehan sustains right now. And even from "semi-serious" political analysists.

But no. I don't even consider her political views. She can prove herself, just like any other guy though.

-Hedge
As empty as paradise

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #73 on: July 16, 2007, 04:02:59 PM »
If I could vote for her, I would definitely not.

Still, I hope to see more common people getting up through the ranks.

She may not be my choice, but maybe the next guy, or the guy after him.

TBH, it's kinda refreshing with a fugly woman being in the spotlight. To bad she gets heat for being fugly, in ways that guys don't.

Nixon would get a few comments. But not the bashing that Sheehan sustains right now. And even from "semi-serious" political analysists.

But no. I don't even consider her political views. She can prove herself, just like any other guy though.

-Hedge

I'd like to see more common people running for office too, but unfortunately it just takes too much money.  We spend obscene amounts of money on our little bitty island for public offices.  It takes millions to run for mayor, governor, House, and Senate.  Being a smart, decent, level-headed person isn't enough.  You have to bring some major coin to the table. 

We had a doctor run for mayor in 04.  He spent $5 million, including $2.2 of his own money, and lost by a razor thin margin:

$5 Million House of Cards Collapsed With Puff of Truth

Duke Bainum Lost the Mayor's Race Because Pricey Campaign Was Built on Half-Truths, Misstatements and Arrogance
By Malia Zimmerman, 11/4/2004 6:51:45 AM
Duke Bainum spent nearly $5 million on his candidacy for Honolulu mayor, virtually double that of his opponent Mufi Hannemann. He used the record expenditure, including $2.2 million of his own money, to build with the help of an extensive paid public relations staff, a slick media campaign touting the virtues of his experience and the personal values and religious beliefs of himself and his new wife Jennifer.

Bainum, a former city council member, claimed in speeches and flowery advertisements a record of cleaning up corruption in government and of being independent of special interest. He promised to bring "honest change" and "positive change" to Hawaii.

No mainstream media seemed to challenge his claims, despite the fact that what Bainum said in his ad campaign was often in direct contradiction to his voting record, his actions as a council member and the truth about who really backed him in this election.

. . .

http://www.hawaiireporter.com/story.aspx?a489e2ba-58ae-4523-b1de-e46dee60ed5e

This is what the "common person" is up against.