Author Topic: TOP TEN REASONS FOR WOMEN TO TRAIN WITH WEIGHTS  (Read 3858 times)

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
  • 2010 Olympia Pro Powerlifting Champ
TOP TEN REASONS FOR WOMEN TO TRAIN WITH WEIGHTS
« on: July 10, 2007, 07:05:15 AM »
Feel Free to Add More. 

:)

TOP TEN REASONS FOR WOMEN TO TRAIN WITH WEIGHTS   8)

1) Increased Metabolic Rate- adding muscle increases our metabolism naturally.

2) Increasing and Restoring Bone Density- prevent and fight osteoporosis by building strong bones.

3) Increased Lean Muscle Mass- each pound of lean muscle mass burns 35-50 calories per day.

4) Injury Prevention- a solid foundation strengthens our bones, ligaments, and tendons.

5) Improved Balance- strong leg and core muscles help stabilize us.

6) Decreased Risk of Coronary Disease- strength training can reduce blood pressure and cholesterol levels.

7) Aids Rehabilitation and Recovery- the best way to strengthen and recover from an injury is to slowly build your strength around the injured area.

8.) Enhanced Performance in Sports, Exercise and Life In General- climbing stairs, carrying the kids, or walking with your spouse becomes more enjoyable.

9) Aging Gracefully- strong muscles build a strong body. Strength training and fitness can help keep aging bodies in well-working condition.

10) Feeling Better and Looking Better- strength training reduces overall body fat, it tones our muscles and it builds confidence.    8)

powerpack

• Getbig IV
  • Time to get Buck wild!
Re: TOP TEN REASONS FOR WOMEN TO TRAIN WITH WEIGHTS
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2007, 07:47:11 AM »
I agree with this, my wife stop weight training at the end of last year when she ended her judo career.
I am trying to get her going again with weights even if it is just with the big.(Squats, deads and bench)
I just cant seem to light her spark for it again.

az

• Getbig III
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2007, 03:02:50 PM »
keeps me from knocking people out.

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The new age pussy Punisher!
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2007, 05:56:04 PM »
the number one reason is to look better nekkid!!!!!!!!! and if u deny this, then ur lying.

wolfgang187

• Getbig IV
  • My power is discombobulatingly & devastating!
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2007, 05:57:03 PM »
BETTER BED TIME ENDURANCE SHOULD BE REASON #11

FBBFan

• Getbig II
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2007, 07:12:20 AM »
Women are more sexy #12
regards, FBBFan

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2007, 07:22:30 AM »
Women are more sexy #12

How have you been Sioux?
E

LENSNART

• Getbig II
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2007, 11:21:35 PM »
Rip as you put up some real good reasons, I'll treat it serious and add just one more.

It improves co-ordination as people move into the 40s. Ever seen a noobie in the gym over 45, even simple movements look challenging. Really adds to peoples long term quality of life.

Weights are finally being valued as a key exercise medium for long term health. We are finally getting over the HUGE diservice that Cooper and Nike did the world in the 70's.

Nice post.

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
  • 2010 Olympia Pro Powerlifting Champ
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2007, 04:06:34 PM »

It improves co-ordination as people move into the 40s. Ever seen a noobie in the gym over 45, even simple movements look challenging. Really adds to peoples long term quality of life.

Weights are finally being valued as a key exercise medium for long term health. We are finally getting over the HUGE diservice that Cooper and Nike did the world in the 70's.

Very true!   8)