Author Topic: were you ever this weak?  (Read 3923 times)

triple_pickle

• Getbig IV
  • Pull Hard, Move Fast
were you ever this weak?
« on: July 10, 2007, 08:14:37 PM »
today there was this chinese gf/bf combo in the gym, the guy was incline bench pressing 75 lbs, the girl was spotting him.  at one moment the guy got crushed and the girlfriend could not lift the bar off his chest.  he had to roll it down and wait for the girl to take the plates off.  were any of you ever this weak?  when i first started lifting i could bench press 125, lol.

TheDoctor

• Getbig III
  • I am Fat and Bulking,Im sensitive about my weight.
Re: were you ever this weak?
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2007, 08:20:08 PM »
Never that week but when i was 18 i could not benchpress 1 plate either side. ???
Goal to lift Heavy

affy

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2007, 09:01:14 PM »
wait

so the guy had a bar..10 and 5lb plate on each side?

LMAO

first time i stepped into a gym at 14 years old i benched 115 (35lb plate on each side) for 8

triple_pickle

• Getbig IV
  • Pull Hard, Move Fast
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2007, 09:06:04 PM »
so the guy had a bar..10 and 5lb plate on each side?

correct, sir.  i was tempted to biceps curl the weight off of his chest  ;D

TheDoctor

• Getbig III
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2007, 09:13:30 PM »
At 19 i was pressing 2 plates aside ;D
Goal to lift Heavy

triple_pickle

• Getbig IV
  • Pull Hard, Move Fast
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2007, 09:45:26 PM »
At 19 i was pressing 2 plates aside ;D

for reps?  no disrespect, doc, @ 18 @ 195 pounds i was bench pressing 280, squatting 405, and deadlifting 355 (my deadlift sucked back then), and there were stronger guys at my gym around the same age.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2007, 09:48:05 PM »
today there was this chinese gf/bf combo in the gym, the guy was incline bench pressing 75 lbs, the girl was spotting him.  at one moment the guy got crushed and the girlfriend could not lift the bar off his chest.  he had to roll it down and wait for the girl to take the plates off.  were any of you ever this weak?  when i first started lifting i could bench press 125, lol.
yes, one time when I was four, my bike fell on top of me I couldn't lift it off with only my arms, I had to get my legs under me to move it :'( I vowed then to never be weak again.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

garraeth

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2007, 09:50:45 PM »
I tried bench press when I was about 8 and couldn't do 55lbs. I'm weaker than this guy.  :-[

triple_pickle

• Getbig IV
  • Pull Hard, Move Fast
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2007, 09:56:21 PM »
I tried bench press when I was about 8 and couldn't do 55lbs. I'm weaker than this guy.  :-[

hahaha, that chinese guy was at least 18

Eric2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2007, 10:05:19 PM »

........yes i was this weak ........once.......just after I yarded my salt stick from your mama's old fat arse.
h

Frauhorn

• Getbig II
« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2007, 10:07:48 PM »
i got a colleague started on a program at the work gym. he was 6'4" around 140lbs. never touched a weight before ever.
started on flat db press with 20lb silver db's. I was like 'yeah ok, get used to the movement etc, don't want to burn you out'
but 3-4 weeks later he was still pressing those 20 pounders.

I believe this equates to less than 75lb bb press

TheDoctor

• Getbig III
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2007, 12:44:01 AM »
for reps?  no disrespect, doc, @ 18 @ 195 pounds i was bench pressing 280, squatting 405, and deadlifting 355 (my deadlift sucked back then), and there were stronger guys at my gym around the same age.
I only weighed about 150 pounds from 18 to 25 then out of the blue unexplained by my doctor i started putting on serious weight(A Second Puberty) at 27 i was well over 200 , i was eating the same calories the doctor was baffled as was my family i stand at 6ft i have an mesomorph frame.The Doctor did all sets of tests on me and i was healthy but could not explain the weight gain all my family male cousins on my fathers side are all 6ft well over 200 pounds and do not lift.
And to ansew your question at 19 i was only repping for 2 but now in my mid thirties its very different.
Goal to lift Heavy

phyxsius

• Getbig V
  • Mini Getbigger
« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2007, 12:44:48 AM »
it's all about quality not quantity..

by the way, you should have help him by doing a curl the bar off him and look at his expression..

MONSTER OWNAGE and you'll never see him again
I am a mini beast

Croatch

• Getbig V
  • Man up, train natural.
« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2007, 01:24:30 AM »
Some people should not workout.  It's a dangerous activity, especially is you're dirt weak.
N

HowieW

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2007, 01:29:26 AM »

I had a friend of mine that was skinny as hell and really wanted to bulk up back in my old undergrad days.
He was a funny, decent lookin' guy from a wealthy family and he wore one shirt under another shirt to look bigger, I swear to GOD. He went with me to the gym and could NOT do 1 rep with the 45 lb bar on the BP.
I had to spot him and help him get a couple reps with just the 45 lb olympic bar that day. I ended up having him use some DB's he bought and some basic stuff like push ups back in the dorm room so he wouldn't feel bad . He ended up gaining a good 20 lbs the one yr he roomed with me and looked a lot better.
Kelly Ryan married well!  Free Titus!

BigCypriate

• Getbig IV
  • F****n Peasants!
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2007, 01:49:16 AM »

hahahahaha, most of these weaklings probably died in heroshima because of little branches falling on them

HowieW

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2007, 01:53:08 AM »
Some people should not workout.  It's a dangerous activity, especially is you're dirt weak.

I must say that Joe Dirt (aka David Spade) and the entire Dirt family would take exception to that comment.
Kelly Ryan married well!  Free Titus!

MikeThaMachine

• Getbig V
  • WTF Happened, BBing Is Dead. I Didn't Miss A Thing
« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2007, 03:04:39 AM »
There is this 6'5"-6'7" kid you joined my gym and must be almost 300lbs and he was only doin 95lbs on the bench press. I would like to bust on him for it but I thinks it's great that he realized he needed to get in shape and is doing it the right way rather then loading up and doin half assed reps. He can deadlift pretty good though.
I

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2007, 08:03:01 AM »
i benched 600 for 6 when i was 11, i'm trimming down now and just doing reps with 405 now.

BigCypriate

• Getbig IV
  • F****n Peasants!
« Reply #19 on: July 11, 2007, 08:36:41 AM »
i benched 600 for 6 when i was 11, i'm trimming down now and just doing reps with 405 now.

Wow I thought I was the only one who could do this! I had to drop it down to 455 for 8-10 because the other trainers kept sayin i was on steriods!!!

Jealous haters man!

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #20 on: July 11, 2007, 08:39:39 AM »
OIC

JaggyShortBuff

• Getbig IV
  • Art Work In Motion
« Reply #21 on: July 11, 2007, 09:03:51 AM »
Started working out when I was 12 years old benching a massive 110lbs. for 10 reps lol...By the time I was 14 I hit just over 225lbs bench for 2-3 reps at a body weight of 165lbs...
Watching The Haters

SS

• Getbig V
  • The new and improved SS.
« Reply #22 on: July 11, 2007, 10:19:30 AM »
trimming down? you a cage fighter to?

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: July 11, 2007, 10:21:24 AM »
Wow you guys are so fucking cool ::)

Charlys69

• Getbig III
« Reply #24 on: July 11, 2007, 10:45:30 AM »
It`s not where you start....it`s what you are becoming after years and years of training....we all first have to pay the "price, the pain, the sweat,... in the gym".

i also startet with sets with 110 lbs for 10-12 reps in my first workouts (age 17 years + 10 months).
My last chest training i did 33 reps with 110 lbs dumbells on an incline bench...(i`m in my mid 40`s, training
longer than 26 years...).