Author Topic: Does your family understand your passion for BB?  (Read 6748 times)

gatomjp

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
Re: Does your family understand your passion for BB?
« Reply #50 on: July 12, 2007, 04:15:23 PM »
Yes for about the 20th time, first it was threads about the COMING of your video, now it's actually here! YESSSSS! MORE THREADS PLEEEEEEEEZ WE NEED TO GET THE WORD OUT!

So skip 'em Mike! No one's forcing you to read this or post here.

I don't need to explain myself to MM but I would like to add something in order to avoid being seen as someone who only uses this board to advertise my DVDs.

As I was spending the last two years making RTB2 I realized that it was going to be a bit different than most of the BB videos out there. I was intentionally exploring aspects of the sport that I hoped would spark debate and conversation about some of the deeper reasons why we humans do anything to an extreme and I looked forward to the spirited debates that I hoped would be the result of all my hard work.

Now that time is here and I am releasing small clips in order to start those conversations...just like we did here in this post today. If you're not into analyzing what you do, then move on MM. Dragonheart just started a post about Squadfather's mom that you might want to post in. But I know that there are many members here who are intelligent and enjoy discussing these topics and I hope to start a few more conversations in the coming weeks.

gatomjp

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #51 on: July 12, 2007, 04:19:36 PM »

I don't need to explain myself to MM but I would like to add something in order to avoid being seen as someone who only uses this board to advertise my DVDs.

As I was spending the last two years making RTB2 I realized that it was going to be a bit different than most of the BB videos out there. I was intentionally exploring aspects of the sport that I hoped would spark debate and conversation about some of the deeper reasons why we humans do anything to an extreme and I looked forward to the spirited debates that I hoped would be the result of all my hard work.

Now that time is here and I am releasing small clips in order to start those conversations...just like we did here in this post today. If you're not into analyzing what you do, then move on MM. Dragonheart just started a post about Squadfather's mom that you might want to post in. But I know that there are many members here who are intelligent and enjoy discussing these topics and I hope to start a few more conversations in the coming weeks.

Epic meltdown!!    ;)

Seriously Dave, be honest. Do you think that once in a while you used your contest prep excuse just to get out of something you didn't want to do? (Not our nephew's birthday. You were legitimately out of town at a contest that weekend.)

figgs

• Getbig IV
  • from realization to infinity
« Reply #52 on: July 12, 2007, 04:21:09 PM »
hi, fellow getbiggers! its dave pulcinella. i have to say, i am GUILTY AS CHARGED!!! guilty of being absent at some ( not all ) family gatherings. guilty of not being as available as i could be at these "milestones" my sister speaks of. guilty of being regimented, even robotic in my daily routine. guilty , guilty , guilty!!

but i am also "guilty" of having won 2 overall state titles, 2 overall regional titles, a top 5 placing in a pro qualifier and 2 national class wins.......all in the past 3 years. i know, i know...who cares, right? in the grand scheme of things, this little microcosm called competitive bodybuilding doesnt mean much to the outside world at all. im not blind to that. i also have no delusions of competing on the olympia stage. my genetics are average. i accepted that a long time ago.....BUT!! it means alot to ME!! my shows are MY "milestones". its what i do. its what ive wanted to do since the age of 12 when i saw arnold and franco and ferrigno in the magazines. these guys were gods to me. to do as well as i have in the sport ive loved since before puberty, means the world to me. if i can top off my competitive career with earning an ifbb pro card, i will feel as though theres NOTHING in this world i cant do. ( corny, i know..but true)

i also think its worth mentioning that i am only absent from family gatherings for the 16 weeks leading up to a show. the rest of the year, i am very available. im sure my sis would agree with that.

as far as doing bb'ing to the exclusion of ALL ELSE, i hardly consider myself guilty of that. i do run my own business and have for the past 15 years. i support myself completely with the income i generate with this business ( no, its not g4p).. this by itelf is extremely involved.i also get numerous figure competitors and bb'ers ready for shows and travel to those shows to support them and i spend much time composing and recording original piano pieces for my brothers video projects.

anyway, i hate defending myself. im uncomfortable whenever i have to toot my own horn, but you have all made great points and i just wanted to add my "counterpoint"

thanks for indulging me......dave p.

Very respectable post! Well now that clears things up a bit. I'm inspired by you in that you not only live your dream and am inches away from reaching your ultimate goal, but have applied the same rules of success that accompany bodybuilding to other aspects of your life and career.
~

GroinkTropin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #53 on: July 12, 2007, 04:23:11 PM »

I am willing to discuss most any topid bodybuilding that you can think of, I have been involved in the industry for 14 years. I simply find your INCESSANT advertising of your dvd annoying and when I watched it I witnessed some of the worst form I have ever seen. That said let's keep in mind KIDS read this board and will inevitable watch your movie which in fact annoys me a great deal as they, not knowing any better, will see you all big and on a TON of sauce and think by training like an idiot like you do they will get huge. This is irresponsible and pisses me off. You may get your pro card but you will NEVER make it as a pro nor will you ever get rich off bodybuilding so why keep taking drugs and putting your health at risk? It's a sickening obsession great job on the dvd clap clap clap keep up the fantastic work man you're my hero.

gatomjp

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #54 on: July 12, 2007, 04:57:31 PM »
I am willing to discuss most any topid bodybuilding that you can think of, I have been involved in the industry for 14 years. I simply find your INCESSANT advertising of your dvd annoying and when I watched it I witnessed some of the worst form I have ever seen. That said let's keep in mind KIDS read this board and will inevitable watch your movie which in fact annoys me a great deal as they, not knowing any better, will see you all big and on a TON of sauce and think by training like an idiot like you do they will get huge. This is irresponsible and pisses me off. You may get your pro card but you will NEVER make it as a pro nor will you ever get rich off bodybuilding so why keep taking drugs and putting your health at risk? It's a sickening obsession great job on the dvd clap clap clap keep up the fantastic work man you're my hero.

Easy there Mike. Back up a bit. First of all, you are talking to the filmmaker, not the bodybuilder.

So it's the kids you are worried about? Do you also write angry posts to Hollywood filmmakers who put too much violence in their movies? Do you want to remove all examples of smoking and drinking from television?

Let's face it Mike, whether you like it or not BB is about pushing the human body to its limits using extremes of diet and hard exercise and sorry to say, CHEMISTRY. There's no two ways about it, despite the many natural BB contests out there. I am not defending it just reporting it. If you are a fan of Olympia level BB, you are a fan of chemically altered physiques. That's the reality. Yes, it's dangerous. But so is race car driving, and mountain climbing, and equestrian competitions. Just ask Christopher Reeves. Shall we stop youngsters from riding horses? Have you written to NASCAR to tell them to slow down so that kids don't speed?

Further, you might do well to teach your kids the difference between an instructional video that aims to teach and a documentary which is a reflection of what IS. RTB2 is clearly labeled a documentary. Would you criticise the maker of a documentary that shows what transsexuals have to do to change gender because it might cause a boy to lop off his penis?

Lastly, the "form" debate has been done to death here on getbig. If you don't already understand that someone who does anything for 25 years could possibly make some changes and improvements to textbook form that may look strange to YOU but work for HIM then nothing I say will convince you.

Have you actually SEEN the entire documentary that you criticise so that you can put those clips in context? I stand by my work. I will send you a copy for FREE if you PM me with you address and promise to watch it with an open mind, as a documentary, and then post your feelings here...positive or negative.

eastcoastbbman

• Competitors
  • Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #55 on: July 12, 2007, 05:59:03 PM »
Very respectable post! Well now that clears things up a bit. I'm inspired by you in that you not only live your dream and am inches away from reaching your ultimate goal, but have applied the same rules of success that accompany bodybuilding to other aspects of your life and career.

thank you, figgs. that means a lot to me, seriously. i try very hard to be the best i can be a this sport while at the same time, being well rounded and ecclectic in my persuits in life.

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #56 on: July 12, 2007, 06:05:08 PM »
Does your family understand why you are a fatass all year and why you spend 10 hours a day on getbig?
LOL

D.L. 5

• Getbig IV
  • WILL HARRIS: BRINGING GAY BACK!
« Reply #57 on: July 12, 2007, 06:08:26 PM »
my brother does he is into bodybuilding too.

my mum thinks its an obsession thats not healthy.

my dad thinks its a joke.

FUCK IT! I LOVE IT!
JAY "OLIVE OIL" CUTLER!

eastcoastbbman

• Competitors
  • Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #58 on: July 12, 2007, 06:22:23 PM »

methyl mike. this is dave pulcinella, the bodybuilder in that clip. i can respect that you dont like my exercise form. i can imagine how it must look to people seeing that for the first time. im not going to defend it as im tired of doing so. but i do have a question for you: why SHOULDNT my brother come on here and present his dvd to the getbiggers? all we hear on here is how tired everyone is of the bb'ing dvd's that are out there now. how boring and unimaginitive. how the personalities of the top pros are akin to a cinder block. how buying dvd's nowadys is a waste of money.....well, my brother has produced something different than that..very different and he knows that if he can get the word out, people will embrace this breath of fresh air in a stagnant industry.

if you think hes posted too much regarding this dvd, i guess i can understand that, but ,as with any form of advertising, repetition is what gets your product in the consciousness of your target customer: the getbiggers.

best to you...dave p

GroinkTropin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #59 on: July 12, 2007, 11:36:27 PM »
I'm going to throw out an apology, what I said was really uncalled for and makes me come across like a total internet badass which I am not. I am going to see the movie and will give it an honest review, I have respect for all the hard work that obviously went into it I can only guess I am a little bitter at myself for giving BBing up. SOrry again for all the BS I posted earlier.

gh15

• Getbig V
  • angels
« Reply #60 on: July 13, 2007, 12:27:19 AM »
bodybuilding is a way of life,,the moment you stop living it you are no bodybuilder anymore,,you become a lifter,,

bodybuilding way of life doesnt mean to eat every day clean food 6 times a day,,it means to be  on a constant mission to build your muscles by any means possible,,if it is by eating clean because you are 300lb obese then do whach you gotta do,,if it is by eating everything you can eat and rest because you are 120lb 5'10 and your tyroid is super hyper,, then do wach you gotta do,,

bodybuilding is about putting on muscle and then when you have enough and able to maintain enough LEAN MUSCLE MASS,,,starting to sculpt it,,some get it sooner than others,,but everyone can do it and many many do

i have seen dozens of kids starting 160lb over 20% shrimps and become 200+lb with very low single digit bodyfat because they were living the bodybuilding life style,,many of them had a lot less than marvelous genetic!

being a bodybuilder does require the use of hormones,,and it is part of the bodybuilding life style,,its like collecting stamps,,its part of the sport and a huge part of the the bodybuilder ability to recover faster and build his muscles faster,,bigger and leaner,,if you notice carefully le does not! does not disturbe majority of bodybuilders and powerlifters in their life style,,they let it flow,,again people are not stupid,,they only cut the supplier and rarely disturbe the individual even in the good ole usa,,unless the bodybuilder life style became life of recreational druggie,,then they interfer

the most important things about living this bodybuilding life style is
1 training consistantly and correctly and that includes recovery time as in rest!
2 eating according to yoru daily energy needs and current goals
3 getting a hold of legit hormones and not being afraid to take them because your buddy in the gym told you you need 5 years of natural training and you only had 3,,
4 knowing the purpose of each hormone and applying technics
5 getting on stage

lookin at your arm reflection in the car window or comparing it to another guy in a restaurant is not enough,,we are all at fault of it even pros,,but you gotta be able to go through step 1 to 5 and never quit inorder to be considered true BODY BUILDER

fallen angel

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: July 13, 2007, 12:34:14 AM »
Why roids should be required for being a bodybuilder? i know all naturals look like shit on stage but they still built on their body.

gh15

• Getbig V
  • angels
« Reply #62 on: July 13, 2007, 12:38:09 AM »
Why roids should be required for being a bodybuilder? i know all naturals look like shit on stage but they still built on their body.

true,,change the required to recomended

you can be a bodybuilder with out using syntethic hormones,,true,,im talking more about the higher levels of competetive bodybuilding npc as in some locals ,,regional state etc

but yes you can be a bodybuilder free of drugs,,its possible
fallen angel

gatomjp

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #63 on: July 13, 2007, 05:20:23 AM »
I'm going to throw out an apology, what I said was really uncalled for and makes me come across like a total internet badass which I am not. I am going to see the movie and will give it an honest review, I have respect for all the hard work that obviously went into it I can only guess I am a little bitter at myself for giving BBing up. SOrry again for all the BS I posted earlier.

Thanks MM, I appreciate that. I could tell that there was something else behind your rant.

I eagerly await your review. Positive or negative, I want to hear what you have to say once you've seen it.

gatomjp

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #64 on: July 13, 2007, 05:26:53 AM »

methyl mike. this is dave pulcinella, the bodybuilder in that clip. i can respect that you dont like my exercise form. i can imagine how it must look to people seeing that for the first time. im not going to defend it as im tired of doing so. but i do have a question for you: why SHOULDNT my brother come on here and present his dvd to the getbiggers? all we hear on here is how tired everyone is of the bb'ing dvd's that are out there now. how boring and unimaginitive. how the personalities of the top pros are akin to a cinder block. how buying dvd's nowadys is a waste of money.....well, my brother has produced something different than that..very different and he knows that if he can get the word out, people will embrace this breath of fresh air in a stagnant industry.

if you think hes posted too much regarding this dvd, i guess i can understand that, but ,as with any form of advertising, repetition is what gets your product in the consciousness of your target customer: the getbiggers.

best to you...dave p

Thanks for having my back, bro. I know it was painful for you to have me release to the world some moments from your life that you would rather forget and I appreciate your bravery.

TheDoctor

• Getbig III
  • I am Fat and Bulking,Im sensitive about my weight.
« Reply #65 on: July 13, 2007, 05:33:21 AM »
I don't get it. Can't a bodybuilder go to the gym an hour a day 4-5 days a week, eat 5-6 meals a day and not consider bodybuilding a "lifestyle"? Bodybuilding is a hobby to me. One I'm more passionate about above most else, but I don't skip out on life to "pump up" and run home at 4 PM to slap a chicken breast on the foreman grill. That's pure bullshit. You have a fucking problem. See a psychiatrist. We have ONE life to live throughout all of eternity and you're spending it on an obsessively irrational, lifetime commitment to get "swole". Monster psychosis, OCD, etc. I wish I could help but not even your family could so there's no point.
Very True i do not consider my lifestyle a bodybulding one all i do is train 6 days a week(better than a couch potatoe)have a few protien shakes eat what my family eat and try not to take it to personel.
The only critcism i have from my family is climbing hills or steps i am out of breath,They want me doing cardio, so i am going to get out my porn collection and watch while i cycle on an exercise Bike. ;D
Goal to lift Heavy

Monster_Everything

• Getbig IV
  • WOW, he REALLY just said that? (looks at camera)
« Reply #66 on: July 13, 2007, 05:35:13 AM »
I dont understand why 'getting on stage' is a requirement....what if your stage is the beach, some whores bedroom, the porch of a frat house....i think getting on stage is gayer than blowing magic johnson in an elevator....

discuss
The Number 2 in Scranton

gatomjp

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #67 on: July 13, 2007, 05:39:23 AM »

Roids are not required to be a BB. I think the BB lifestyle, taken in moderation, is a very healthful way to live. That's how I live. I was referring to the necessity for roid use at the higher competitve levels.

TheDoctor

• Getbig III
« Reply #68 on: July 13, 2007, 05:40:06 AM »
Does Sex count as cardio if so my girl is going to be piledrived ;D
Goal to lift Heavy

gatomjp

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #69 on: July 13, 2007, 05:40:59 AM »
I dont understand why 'getting on stage' is a requirement....what if your stage is the beach, some whores bedroom, the porch of a frat house....i think getting on stage is gayer than blowing magic johnson in an elevator....

discuss

I think constantly worrying about what is gay and what isn't, is gay.   ;)

Monster_Everything

• Getbig IV
« Reply #70 on: July 13, 2007, 05:41:30 AM »
Does Sex count as cardio if so my girl is going to be piledrived ;D
i took care of that for you Doc, she was actually looking for bigger 'instruments' when i last checked.
The Number 2 in Scranton

D.L. 5

• Getbig IV
  • WILL HARRIS: BRINGING GAY BACK!
« Reply #71 on: July 13, 2007, 05:45:13 AM »
all we hear on here is how tired everyone is of the bb'ing dvd's that are out there now.

this is the only dvd i am truly excited about . i will buy this one and the first one. it shows behind the scenes, your perspective on bodybuilding - the good and the bad. and shows u being urself and reaching for a dream.

bodybuilding is like a disease in my opinion - if u look objectively, its not important big deal a little muscle here, some cuts there. but when u feel it in the soul and love it.....It means everything. it makes u eat 6 times per day, spend  ur hard earned and scarce cash on good food and supps, on a gym membership and makes u stop doing bad habits which effect ur results.

u think of the greats like serge nubret, mentzer, arnold, boyer and it makes u wanna get cut and lift.

In the end, do what makes u happy. AND GO FOR IT!
JAY "OLIVE OIL" CUTLER!

SteelePegasus

• Getbig V
  • Life, death, in between is getbig.com
« Reply #72 on: July 13, 2007, 05:47:58 AM »
The only time my family gets tired of it is when we are downtown and I strip down to my posing trunks and start hitting mandatory poses on main street to the music of "I am too sexy for this.."
Here comes the money shot

TheDoctor

• Getbig III
« Reply #73 on: July 13, 2007, 05:51:54 AM »
i took care of that for you Doc, she was actually looking for bigger 'instruments' when i last checked.
Yeah she plays around on me the relationship is not exsclusive.
Goal to lift Heavy

Monster_Everything

• Getbig IV
« Reply #74 on: July 13, 2007, 05:52:59 AM »
Yeah she plays around on me the relationship is not exsclusive.
I had a feeling it was like that, so I let my boy hit it too.
The Number 2 in Scranton