Author Topic: Does your family understand your passion for BB?  (Read 6749 times)

gatomjp

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
Does your family understand your passion for BB?
« on: July 12, 2007, 01:00:58 PM »
The new BB documentary Raising the Bar 2 is about much more than sets and reps and form and diet. As this clip shows, it's about the sacrifices that it takes to be the best of the best. Often it's the people closest to you are the ones who understand the least.

Stark

• Getbig V
Re: Does your family understand your passion for BB?
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2007, 01:02:56 PM »
damn bitch is noice in the movie

My family excepts it... thye are all teachers so I cannot say I have a lot that do truely understand it.

Cool Movie btw

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2007, 01:04:12 PM »
yeah it's hard to believe that your family wouldn't understand the 300 dollar a week grocery bill, the 500 dollar a month supplement bill, the 1000 dollar a month drug bill, the gay for pay, the twice a day "workouts", the carrying a gallon of water everywhere you go, the 13 meals a day, not being able to pick up the baby because of back pain, not being able to throw a baseball around because of shoulder pain, etc. ::)

GroinkTropin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2007, 01:04:52 PM »
Stop promoting your fucking video on here noone gives a shit  >:(

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2007, 01:07:04 PM »
yeah it's hard to believe that your family wouldn't understand the 300 dollar a week grocery bill, the 500 dollar a month supplement bill, the 1000 dollar a month drug bill, the gay for pay, the twice a day "workouts", the carrying a gallon of water everywhere you go, the 13 meals a day, not being able to pick up the baby because of back pain, not being able to throw a baseball around because of shoulder pain, etc. ::)

lol as always fugging funny ;D

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2007, 01:07:42 PM »
Stop promoting your fucking video on here noone gives a shit  >:(

Oh god just stfu

BigNBloated

• Getbig III
  • Always bet on Duke.
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2007, 01:12:42 PM »
hahahahha, good work SF.

gatomjp

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2007, 01:15:02 PM »
Stop promoting your fucking video on here noone gives a shit  >:(

Sorry about that. Some people do care but you are free to skip any posts by gatomjp. I've put my passion into making a DVD that says something personal and important about the sport that we are all here to talk about and that some of us love so it's only natural that I would post about it here.

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2007, 01:15:55 PM »
hahahahha, good work SF.
hahaha, exactly but it's the truth, these clowns get their feelings hurt that their family doesn't understand the lifestyle but what RATIONAL human being would understand it? the "lifestyle" is selfish beyond belief, if you want to be a pro don't be surprised when an average woman deosn't understand it and starts fuccking the milkman.

Matt C

• Getbig V
  • The White Vince Goodrum
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2007, 01:17:05 PM »

LOL!!!!!!!

Great DVD though.
Bodybuilding Pro.com

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • facebook.com/michael.arvilla
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2007, 01:17:06 PM »
My mom hated it!
(the "bulking up to 300 lbs,the shaved head ,goatee,the "bouncing in niteclubs",all the pills/powders i took)

now she is mine and Laura's biggest fans!............she goes to all our shows/cheers us on
my Mom is now telling me the winners of each weight class before the judges do!!

love ya mom

TheEgoCrusher

• Getbig III
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2007, 01:17:27 PM »
hahaha, exactly but it's the truth, these clowns get their feelings hurt that their family doesn't understand the lifestyle but what RATIONAL human being would understand it? the "lifestyle" is selfish beyond belief, if you want to be a pro don't be surprised when an average woman deosn't understand it and starts fuccking the milkman.

Does your family understand why you are a fatass all year and why you spend 10 hours a day on getbig?

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2007, 01:19:58 PM »

The big checks are worth these sacrifices.

gatomjp

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2007, 01:20:31 PM »
My mom hated it!
(the "bulking up to 300 lbs,the shaved head ,goatee,the "bouncing in niteclubs",all the pills/powders i took)

now she is mine and Laura's biggest fans!............she goes to all our shows/cheers us on
my Mom is now telling me the winners of each weight class before the judges do!!

love ya mom

How did you get her to change? What caused her to change her mind about it?

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2007, 01:20:46 PM »
Does your family understand why you are a fatass all year and why you spend 10 hours a day on getbig?
your mom loves me for it, i pound her up the butt in between postings and she makes me my favorite meals as a thank you, no wonder i'm so fat, the whore is a great cook. ;D

BigNBloated

• Getbig III
  • Always bet on Duke.
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2007, 01:21:50 PM »
No doubt, a guy I know who is chasing the dream stopped talking to his parents, used college loan money for roids and basically put off his education because he was training for a show. He dropped like 2 classes out of the 4 he was taking. When he expected his old man to send him money for tuition and grocery bills, he got financial aid packets in the mail instead. What a waste. Nothing wrong with training but these guys alienate everyone around them.

climber

• Getbig III
« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2007, 01:23:03 PM »
The big checks are worth these sacrifices.

No bloody way in hell they are... much better to get an education, you'll make much more money if you focus on a career.
Hrmmm

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2007, 01:24:26 PM »
No bloody way in hell they are... much better to get an education, you'll make much more money if you focus on a career.

::)

gatomjp

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2007, 01:25:26 PM »
No doubt, a guy I know who is chasing the dream stopped talking to his parents, used college loan money for roids and basically put off his education because he was training for a show. He dropped like 2 classes out of the 4 he was taking. When he expected his old man to send him money for tuition and grocery bills, he got financial aid packets in the mail instead. What a waste. Nothing wrong with training but these guys alienate everyone around them.

We knew a guy back in the day who would work for 7 or 8 months at a particular job, then quit to train 4 months for a contest and just get a new job after the contest. He did that many times.

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2007, 01:25:42 PM »
How did you get her to change? What caused her to change her mind about it?

When she went to my first show and saw me onstage (also when she saw the "Hell" that i went thru dieting for that show)

you could see the pride in her smile/the way she talked about me and the contest

(she told me at that very first show i did that "she loved me and was never more proud of me than right now" )

Livewire

• Getbig IV
  • I call Nasser.
« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2007, 01:26:19 PM »
My mom hated it!

you look a lot better now than at 300 pounds man.  Seriously, did it hurt to walk up steps back then?
Nasser called Palumbo an acromegalion

gatomjp

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2007, 01:27:10 PM »
When she went to my first show and saw me onstage (also when she saw the "Hell" that i went thru dieting for that show)

you could see the pride in her smile/the way she talked about me and the contest

(she told me at the very first show i did that "she loved me and was never more proud of me than right now" )

That's way cool. I think I'm getting a little choked up! Must have made you feel good.

TheEgoCrusher

• Getbig III
« Reply #22 on: July 12, 2007, 01:27:45 PM »
your mom loves me for it, i pound her up the butt in between postings and she makes me my favorite meals as a thank you, no wonder i'm so fat, the whore is a great cook. ;D

Mom passed away a while back.  

Do you realize how juvenile your responses on here are?  "I F7%$ed your sister/mom" is 6TH GRADE MATERIAL, squad.  The only people on here that find that even remotely funny are the guys who think like middle-schoolers...like you.  

Grow up.  Get some new material.  If you're going to talk junk on boards, tell someone something along the lines of "You're depriving a village somewhere of a much needed idiot" or something like that.  Something that involves a little moxy...

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: July 12, 2007, 01:27:50 PM »
you look a lot better now than at 300 pounds man.  Seriously, did it hurt to walk up steps back then?

honestly at over 300 lbs ....my lower back would hurt just walking across the gym floor

(i broke a sweat tying my sneakers!)

figgs

• Getbig IV
  • from realization to infinity
« Reply #24 on: July 12, 2007, 01:28:04 PM »
I don't get it. Can't a bodybuilder go to the gym an hour a day 4-5 days a week, eat 5-6 meals a day and not consider bodybuilding a "lifestyle"? Bodybuilding is a hobby to me. One I'm more passionate about above most else, but I don't skip out on life to "pump up" and run home at 4 PM to slap a chicken breast on the foreman grill. That's pure bullshit. You have a fucking problem. See a psychiatrist. We have ONE life to live throughout all of eternity and you're spending it on an obsessively irrational, lifetime commitment to get "swole". Monster psychosis, OCD, etc. I wish I could help but not even your family could so there's no point.
~