Author Topic: Forearm pain from barbell work  (Read 10278 times)

jdooly

• Getbig III
Re: forearn pain!
« Reply #25 on: December 20, 2007, 07:35:31 PM »
Just an opinion, but maybe try a chiropractor.  The neck/shoulder area can cause problems all the way down to your hands.  Also, you gotta lay off the exercises that hurt.  It WILL NOT heal if you keep working out in pain. 

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
Re: forearn pain!
« Reply #26 on: December 20, 2007, 08:44:43 PM »
im getting a horrible pain in my forearms and its ruining my workouts.. i dont get it with back or shoulders or legs. i get it when im doing bis and some times tris and some times chest. but not with dumbell curls for bis but the majority of oither curls it hurts.. it feels like someone is sticking a fucking knife down my forearm and poking at my elbow. it hurts even after workouts now. I have been told by friends that it can be from my body growing to fast because my forearms grow like crazy; and i hear that it could be that i tore/ sprained something.. i dont know what to believe because they never got it lol.. hereis a pic of were it hurts. the place that is circled is where i feel the pain.

The idea that it's from your body growing too fast is crazy.

It's almost always a chronic thing that builds up over time usually involving a barbell and motion that locks the wrists, elbows and connective tissues into rigid patterns.

Try slight variations in grip/different bars with the same exercise or similar exercises with DBs, try higher reps, etc. because that aggrevation's not likely to go away; it's the body's warning sign to cease and desist from a ROM that doesn't agree with it.

Cortizone, vitamins and other supplements can definitely help address the symptoms, but will not remove the underlying problem.